HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME #29 - "W.C Handy's West Coast Blues" - Canucks vs. Blues - 7:00 p.m, TSN

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 11:42 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billvanseattle View Post
Looking forward to this one - I get to be the ticket holder fan of the game. Getting a signed Daniel jersey and some other perks, I am simply assuming my great day will conclude in a win, and the Canucks will go on to dominate the rest of the season and the playoffs as a result of my inspiration.
If that happens, I'm sending you flowers everyday until the end of the year.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Catamarca Livin

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
GMs don't make firing decisions based on one game, either he is on his way out, or Gillis is giving him until the end of the season (which is what I think is gonna happen). Whether we lose today or not shouldnt effect the AV situation.
How can Gillis fire AV when he provided him with no centers? Luckily coaches cannot fire GMs or AV would have fired Gillis after the summer. We entered the year with 2 centers and still have two centers. No team can win with one good centerman. AV is not the problem lack of centermen is.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:52 AM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
How can Gillis fire AV when he provided him with no centers? Luckily coaches cannot fire GMs or AV would have fired Gillis after the summer. We entered the year with 2 centers and still have two centers. No team can win with one good centerman. AV is not the problem lack of centermen is.
There's several ways. Email, text, face to face. Via Lawrence Gilman. My personal choice would be a la Ari Gold (first 1:20 is (surprisingly for Ari) SFW, some cusswords after that):

Old
03-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
1) How is their compete level?
2) It stinks (except for last night)
3) There will still be people who find some excuse to whine; but we're talking about losing games without so much as making the other team sweat - and often against WEAKER teams. Means ****'all if you're lineup is depleted if you don't at least put up a fight.

The blueline has been a complete cluster**** aside from Tanev and the guy Gillis got in the off-season. How is that on Gillis? Not enough right side defensemen? Fine, though that doesn't explain why Edler, Bieksa and Hamhuis have been horrid regardless.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:04 PM
CanuckCity

Speaking of false hope and high expectations bringing us down, there is no way AV is getting fired before the off-season. You're all better off coming this to this realization and accepting it. Wanting us to lose is just ridiculous; only Vancouver fans. The only thing losing will do is push us further down the standings and potentially cause Gillis to make an irrational decision that will be detrimental to the team past this year.

Whether we lose or win Gillis is well aware of our needs and its time that everyone get it through their head that AV is going nowhere anytime soon and that Gillis will not trade the future for the present. This is a horrible market to be desperate in and we should be happy that we have a patient and competent GM that always looks long-term and for the overall benefit of the organization. To think that one big trade will magically turn the team around and makes us contenders again is asinine.

Let's accept it for what it is and do the only thing we can do; support the team regardless of how frustrating it may be. Hoping we lose is pathetic and immature. Not saying you have to cheer or even watch but FFS let's stop being an embarrassment.

Last edited by CanuckCity: 03-19-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old
03-19-2013, 12:13 PM
arsmaster

TSN game.

Hopefully the boys come to play.

Pressure is on Gillis.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Catamarca Livin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
1) How is their compete level?
2) It stinks (except for last night)
3) There will still be people who find some excuse to whine; but we're talking about losing games without so much as making the other team sweat - and often against WEAKER teams. Means ****'all if you're lineup is depleted if you don't at least put up a fight.

The blueline has been a complete cluster**** aside from Tanev and the guy Gillis got in the off-season. How is that on Gillis? Not enough right side defensemen? Fine, though that doesn't explain why Edler, Bieksa and Hamhuis have been horrid regardless.
Name some players who are not trying. Centericemen are important. It affects everpart of the game. We lose faceoffs our pk and pp are worse, transition game is hurt, other teams can cycle better, we are less physical. Dmen have less support, wingers has less opportunities.

Gillis would have to resign if he fires AV if he has an integrity. No coach is going to win w Ebbet Schoeder and Lappy as three of your 4 centers. You can win with helicopter lines but not the other way around.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Verviticus

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by billvanseattle View Post
Looking forward to this one - I get to be the ticket holder fan of the game. Getting a signed Daniel jersey and some other perks, I am simply assuming my great day will conclude in a win, and the Canucks will go on to dominate the rest of the season and the playoffs as a result of my inspiration.
probably literally this

Old
03-19-2013, 12:20 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
Speaking of false hope and high expectations bringing us down, there is no way AV is getting fired before the off-season. You're all better off coming this to this realization and accepting it. Wanting us to lose is just ridiculous; only Vancouver fans. The only thing losing will do is push us further down the standings and potentially cause Gillis to make an irrational decision that will be detrimental to the team past this year.

Whether we lose or win Gillis is well aware of our needs and its time that everyone get it through their head that AV is going nowhere anytime soon and that Gillis will not trade the future for the present. This is a horrible market to be desperate in and we should be happy that we have a patient and competent GM that always looks long-term and for the overall benefit of the organization. To think that one big trade will magically turn the team around and makes us contenders again is asinine.

Let's accept it for what it is and do the only thing we can do; support the team regardless of how frustrating it may be. Hoping we lose is pathetic and immature. Not saying you have to cheer or even watch but FFS let's stop being an embarrassment.
I disagree. There is a huge problem with AV as coach. I don't understand how people keep trying to make excuses for this guy when he has clearly lost the room since jan 2012. For a coach that has coached a team for as long as AV without winning a stanley cup, none of them ever have with that same team.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:38 PM
CanuckCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
I disagree. There is a huge problem with AV as coach. I don't understand how people keep trying to make excuses for this guy when he has clearly lost the room since jan 2012. For a coach that has coached a team for as long as AV without winning a stanley cup, none of them ever have with that same team.
Im not disagreeing that he needs to go, all im saying is that its not happening until the off-season at the earliest and that hoping we lose in hopes of expediting this is foolish and embarrassing.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Szechwan
Plug Life.

So, those of you that are hell bent on seeing AV sent packing- who exactly would you like to see replace him?

Gillis has never made knee-jerk reactions as a GM, do any of you honestly think he's going to can a coach that has back to back PTs, in a lockout-shortened season that everyone in hockey knew was going to be an unpredictable ****-show? It would be extremely out of character for him to do something that drastic.

I get it, we're not in 1st in the NHL and everyone is in full panic mode. This isn't the first time a talented team has slumped and AV will be given every opportunity to right the ship, just as he has time and time again.

Special teams coaching staff on the other hand...

Old
03-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szechwan View Post
I get it, we're not in 1st in the NHL and everyone is in full panic mode.
We're in panic mode because this team has difficulty beating lottery pick teams.

If we had an injury riddled blueline as well & one or both goalies out - then I'd cut AV more slack. We don't (if anything, we've been largely free from injuries there).

Old
03-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
So, those of you that are hell bent on seeing AV sent packing- who exactly would you like to see replace him?
Jon Cooper

Old
03-19-2013, 01:11 PM
CanucksOo

Kassian "back" in the lineup tonight. At least there's some good news..

Old
03-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Farhan Lalji‏@FarhanLaljiTSN
At this point Ballard will stay in the lineup tonight. #canucks
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More 1m
Unpredictable AV is unpredictable.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:24 PM
M A K A V E L I*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Probably the first time Ballard has been given a free pass for a mistake. No one else gets sent to the pressbox when they screw up.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
- Ballard plays well but the Canucks lose - certain Ballard scratch for the next game
- Ballard plays awful and the Canucks lose - Ballard stays in..

AV trolling Canuckfans....

Old
03-19-2013, 01:25 PM
canuck4life16

vCash: 50
Sedin Sedin Kassasin
Raymond Schroeder Burrows
Ballard Higgins Hansen
Sesito Lapiere Pini
Ebbert

like to see these line........Ballard can skate so he can play forward

Old
03-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:

Gillis has never made knee-jerk reactions as a GM, do any of you honestly think he's going to can a coach that has back to back PTs, in a lockout-shortened season that everyone in hockey knew was going to be an unpredictable ****-show? It would be extremely out of character for him to do something that drastic.

I get it, we're not in 1st in the NHL and everyone is in full panic mode. This isn't the first time a talented team has slumped and AV will be given every opportunity to right the ship, just as he has time and time again.

Special teams coaching staff on the other hand...
This. I personally am torn in my views of firing AV or keeping him. But I do agree we need a shake-up. One way to do that is replace the coach, another way is to replace a good deal of the players, or we could do both. Have a look at who we have signed for next season assuming Ballard, Booth, and Luongo are gone...

Sedin(6.1)-Sedin(6.1)-Kassian(0.87)
Burrows(4.5)-Kesler(5)-xxx
xxx-xxx-Hansen(1.3)
xxx-xxx-xxx

Hamhuis(4.5)-Bieksa(4.6)
Edler(5)-Tanev(1.25)
Garrison(4.6)-xxx

Schneider(4)
xxx

That line-up leaves us with 15.58mil in cap space to fill out the line-up. Between free agency and what we get back in our goalie deal, we have an opportunity to change the dynamic of this team in a sense. Should we fire AV also? Maybe.. But unless we see someone else who fits as available we may need to shake-up the personel instead.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Here goes the Vancouver media again.

Quote:
Jeff Paterson‏@patersonjeff
#Canucks AV had a cryptic comment about changed chemistry and not wanting to get into details about it
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Odds that this goes the same way as Gillis "disappearing" before the end of the 3rd...?

Vigneault: Cam Barker will be riding shotgun with the Twins. How's that for shaking things up?

Old
03-19-2013, 01:30 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Is zombo really banned or am I missing something? It's bad enough the way the Canucks are playing right now, to lose zombo's threads too would be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Is zombo really banned or am I missing something? It's bad enough the way the Canucks are playing right now, to lose zombo's threads too would be the straw that broke the camel's back.
No, Zombo is not banned - he was kidding.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
No, Zombo is not banned - he was kidding.
There's just some things you don't joke about.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
There's just some things you don't joke about.
We're much more discreet about banning people.

On an unrelated note, Samzilla, follow me behind this workshed over here...

Old
03-19-2013, 01:44 PM
petrishriekandgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksOo View Post
Kassian "back" in the lineup tonight. At least there's some good news..
Shorthouse just said Canucks out-shot-attempted the Wild last night 79 - 39. That coaching doesn't make Garrison hit the net, Ballard make the smart play instead of going for the hit etc.

I totally agree with him on those points.

In regards to Kassian, really want to see him get 12-15minutes + tonight. Lets see what this kid can do out there, lets see him knock some people around, drive the net etc.

Unleash the KASSIAN!!!

Closed Thread