HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Southsiders treated horribly at Canucks-Wild Game

View Poll Results: What kind of atmosphere would you prefer at Canucks games?
Quiet to no noise 20 9.71%
Louder and full of energy 186 90.29%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-18-2013, 11:05 PM
*Injektilo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
Not quite sure why anyone would want a bunch of loud drunken idiots chanting in fake british arenas at the game anyways

People already think Vancouver is full of d-bags. This wouldn't really help our image very much.
[mod cleanup]

But whatever, it's clear that the Canucks are getting the crowd it deserves.

I'd like to point out though about the double standards being imposed here - or have the Canucks told the entire arena not to make noise?

Last edited by Dado: 03-19-2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Personal shot
*Injektilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:07 PM
*Injektilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Oh those poor Southsiders
This reminds me, you never answered my question earlier in this thread.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:59 PM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Injektilo View Post
This reminds me, you never answered my question earlier in this thread.
My apologies, I didnt see the question as I stopped paying attention to this thread after a while until you bumped it today.

I dont consider those in the 1 minute videos you posted to be drunken yelling. no.

But I've seen the Southsiders first hand, and yes they are drunken idiots. Absolutely annoying.

So kudos to you if you like these fools at Canucks games. I sure as hell find their annoying chants that involve profanity and plaguirizing of other teams' songs to be labored and coming off as trying to hard to be cool.

LiquidSnake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:05 AM
a pony

So some hipsters were upset that no one wanted their tired antics at the game. Too bad so sad.

a pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:15 AM
*Injektilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
My apologies, I didnt see the question as I stopped paying attention to this thread after a while until you bumped it today.

I dont consider those in the 1 minute videos you posted to be drunken yelling. no.

But I've seen the Southsiders first hand, and yes they are drunken idiots. Absolutely annoying.

So kudos to you if you like these fools at Canucks games. I sure as hell find their annoying chants that involve profanity and plaguirizing of other teams' songs to be labored and coming off as trying to hard to be cool.
I'm not a southsider, and I'm not defending them or condoning any unpleasant actions they may have done - although from my attendance at Whitecaps games, I have not found them particularly belligerent.

But excuse me if I like a little bit of atmosphere at a game, like the ones I have shown previously. Excuse me if I go to a game and wonder if I've entered a library by mistake.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:17 AM
*Injektilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by a pony View Post
So some hipsters were upset that no one wanted their tired antics at the game. Too bad so sad.
You either don't know anything about the Southsiders, or don't know anything about hipsters.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:21 AM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
I'm not a southsider, and I'm not defending them or condoning any unpleasant actions they may have done - although from my attendance at Whitecaps games, I have not found them particularly belligerent.

But excuse me if I like a little bit of atmosphere at a game, like the ones I have shown previously. Excuse me if I go to a game and wonder if I've entered a library by mistake.
If you like that environment. Good for you. I do not.

LiquidSnake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:05 AM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:

Go to a footie match then.

And before you say Im a hockey snob, I am a huge footie fan. but I cant stand the antics of the southsiders. they act like pompass jackasses. Like they have a chip on thier sholders or something. Its becauseof them I stay away from them at MLS games, so annoying jackasses

And why do they need to disrupt the Canucks fan experience anyways?

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:54 AM
Derp Kassian

Not much noise tonight

Derp Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:38 AM
VanCanucks14

Quote:
Bahahah, what a waste of everyone's time.

https://twitter.com/tylergreenFC/sta...41663938265088
I still don't get the "refrain from chanting/cheering during play" thing. It's a sporting event. That's comical if the Canucks actually said that.

VanCanucks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:23 AM
*Injektilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
Go to a footie match then.
Huh? My point, which I've demonstrated repeatedly, is that it has nothing to do with soccer.

Quote:
And why do they need to disrupt the Canucks fan experience anyways?
I think that quote just says it all. Quiet please, I'm trying to watch a hockey game.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:40 AM
KeninsFan
"Unintentional" Tank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by the beat View Post
Um, what? As we can see from the poll, it's not even the accepted norm in Vancouver. Please just stop, you're not gaining any ground and you're using faulty logic.
To get an accurate poll you would have to ask the people who buy the tickets.

Maybe the majority of ticket holders like a quiet arena?

I jokingly voted "quiet" but of the 92% who want a loud arena it's pretty safe to say those aren't the majority of fans who actually pay to see the games in the arena.

KeninsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Mitts McCann

Quote:
Huh? My point, which I've demonstrated repeatedly, is that it has nothing to do with soccer.

I think that quote just says it all. Quiet please, I'm trying to watch a hockey game.
Do you like Hayao Miyazaki?

Mitts McCann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:58 AM
IComeInPeace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
To get an accurate poll you would have to ask the people who buy the tickets.

Maybe the majority of ticket holders like a quiet arena?

I jokingly voted "quiet" but of the 92% who want a loud arena it's pretty safe to say those aren't the majority of fans who actually pay to see the games in the arena.
I would, very respectfully, disagree with you.
I think everyone has a better time at a game where the crowd is really into it.

But 'loud' is not the same 'obnoxious'. Fair or unfair, when you look over and see a few idiots who are with the loudest group in the building, many in the crowd start to associate the few with the entire group.

The noise is great. It's the few that don't know how to behave in a family environment setting (swearing, pulling their pants down etc...) that ruin it for the many (as fair or unfair as that may be).

IComeInPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Mitts McCann

I said it last time and I'll say it again hockey and soccer are two totally different sports. I like some crowd noise in hockey, but I understand people not wanting to cheer, when they're trying to watch the play develop. There's a lot going on in a game. It's not like soccer when there's lulls in the play. A spontaneous opposing goalie chant or cheer to get them going if they need it. But other than that it's soooo stupid just to stand and cheer the entire time. Watch the freaking game.

Mitts McCann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:06 AM
CanuckCity

Just my two cents here. What i notice is lower bowl (if you can afford it) is where you go if you want to 'quietly' watch the game with all the businessmen etc. Upper bowl is where the more racious and loud fans tend to be located. Not to mention this is where the majority of the drinking takes place. However, from my experience it is a much better atmosphere up there with a lot more excitement and friendliness (strangers high-fiving after a goal etc).

Now with that being said the last game i was at i was in the upper bowl and everything i just stated held true BUT there was this drunk chick behind us who for 2 full periods kept going on about her life and how she didnt care what other people thought of her, you like me for what i am or gtfo blah blah blah. Was kind of funny at first but after awhile her overly obnoxious voice and ridiculously stupid comments got quite irritating. Like are you here to watch the game or speed date with a 50 year old? The funny thing is several times she would say "oh i haven't even watched the game at all..better keep ranting about myself". To make matters worse when she did start watching she started screaming instructions to the players on how to score.

Anyways dono where im going with this but that was my most recent experience. From the 40 or so games ive been to, however, that was the worst experience.

CanuckCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:20 AM
CoopALoop

This thread brings the chuckles.

Are people actually against the Southsiders bringing some life to our arena?

I'm lucky enough to go to 2-3 games a season and it is quiet. A BC Lions game has a more rompous atmosphere and it is exciting to go to.

I feel like this thread is full of very anti-social, anti-fun people. Yes i'm over-exaggerating, but damn, you guys seem very stuck up.

I heard a start of a Backstrom chant last night and it was refreshing to hear on TV. You hear these type of things at other large stadiums, (we won't even touch Winnipeg), and it saddens me to see such a dull atmosphere here.

Problem is, and yes i'm guilty for abusing this, too many suits. Corporate seats being filled with different people every night makes it a very dull atmosphere. People are going for the sake of going and no longer for the love of the game. This brings in less interested personnel to the game, thus a lousier atmosphere.

It's a sporting even people, you're supposed to cheer and heckle and rant. Noise is good.

CoopALoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
This thread brings the chuckles.

Are people actually against the Southsiders bringing some life to our arena?

I'm lucky enough to go to 2-3 games a season and it is quiet. A BC Lions game has a more rompous atmosphere and it is exciting to go to.

I feel like this thread is full of very anti-social, anti-fun people. Yes i'm over-exaggerating, but damn, you guys seem very stuck up.

I heard a start of a Backstrom chant last night and it was refreshing to hear on TV. You hear these type of things at other large stadiums, (we won't even touch Winnipeg), and it saddens me to see such a dull atmosphere here.

Problem is, and yes i'm guilty for abusing this, too many suits. Corporate seats being filled with different people every night makes it a very dull atmosphere. People are going for the sake of going and no longer for the love of the game. This brings in less interested personnel to the game, thus a lousier atmosphere.

It's a sporting even people, you're supposed to cheer and heckle and rant. Noise is good.
Heard on TV? Awesome! It was started by the people sitting wayyy back in the last row of section 301.

Overall, I like the atmosphere of the upper bowl better. Why would I pay more to sit with suits?

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Win One Before I Die
The Keg or bust

The annoying southsiders are the least of the Canucks problems right now.

Win One Before I Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
I said it last time and I'll say it again hockey and soccer are two totally different sports. I like some crowd noise in hockey, but I understand people not wanting to cheer, when they're trying to watch the play develop. There's a lot going on in a game. It's not like soccer when there's lulls in the play. A spontaneous opposing goalie chant or cheer to get them going if they need it. But other than that it's soooo stupid just to stand and cheer the entire time. Watch the freaking game.
This is actually a great point. Soccer is so slow and boring that people feel the need to get completely wasted during the game and yell stupid **** to keep themselves entertained.

Which is fine, but just don't bring it to a hockey game. Yell and cheer when it's appropriate, but respect people's rights when it's not.

Wheatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:19 PM
JBIZ14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
This is actually a great point. Soccer is so slow and boring that people feel the need to get completely wasted during the game and yell stupid **** to keep themselves entertained.

Which is fine, but just don't bring it to a hockey game. Yell and cheer when it's appropriate, but respect people's rights when it's not.
what? Is this really what has happened to the Canucks fans. Its already in hockey...all the best fans in the league are known for that because of the noise they bring to an arena not for how quietly they watch.

Slow and boring?
I would watch that caps/crew match over 90% of the **** hockey Ive seen from the Canucks this year and Ive been a Canucks fan before some of you were even born.

The atmosphere at Canucks game is an embarrassment...you have the right to shut up and be "that" guy but I have the right to make as much damn noise as I want.

The southsiders are annoying? Based on what?
If a group of Canucks fans got together bought a bunch of tickets together and sang and chanted all game long you would all be running to the main board telling anyone who could hear how Canucks fans are the best because of the great atmosphere in the building but because its a group associated with a soccer club they are annoying?

When your own players are calling you out in the media maybe its time you realized that the team wants you to cheer they on not just #makesomenoise when prompted by the scoreboard.

JBIZ14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:20 PM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

That's it. I want noise that reflects what's going on on the ice. Not people mindlessly chanting "Bazza is a ******!" While the Canucks are penned in their own zone.
I think a lot of people find the Southsiders harmless but Madonna-esque. Fake accents and trying too hard to appear British when really it's just transparent and reeks of poser. It's replication, not originality.
Cheer, be into the game, react to the play, but no need for "The Night Pat Kane Died" or whatever else is on the Yob Playlist.

kevinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:23 PM
JBIZ14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
If you want to "watch" you can do that at home...people should be in that building to make noise and encourage the team...Canucks fans are doing it wrong.

Soccer is a continual build up...if you dont get it thats fine but dont argue from ignorance.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:26 PM
JBIZ14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsane View Post
That's it. I want noise that reflects what's going on on the ice. Not people mindlessly chanting "Bazza is a ******!" While the Canucks are penned in their own zone.
I think a lot of people find the Southsiders harmless but Madonna-esque. Fake accents and trying too hard to appear British when really it's just transparent and reeks of poser. It's replication, not originality.
Cheer, be into the game, react to the play, but no need for "The Night Pat Kane Died" or whatever else is on the Yob Playlist.
fake accents? what?

Its not about what "you" want...and athletes all over the world would tell you they would rather hear mindless noise then crickets till a goal is scored.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Just A Bit Outside
Playoffs??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsane View Post
Agreed.

I've had season tickets for the Whitecaps for awhile and honestly could care less whether the Southsiders jump, chant or sat still.

I give them credit for bringing energy but alot of people go to games, whether it be Canucks or Whitecaps, just to watch and support.

My dad's English and he had season tickets back in the NASL and even he laughs at the Southsiders. Some people just want to enojy the game in their own way.

I do understand some chants are to encourage other people to join in but honestly most people outside of the Southsiders could care less about chanting at a Whitecaps game except little kids scream "White" "Caps".

There should be more reactionary chants if clubs really do want to emulate Europe as that how it is mostly.

I really don't care for hearing the same old songs and "I believe that we will win" regardless of whether to team is playing well and winning or like **** and losing.

Just A Bit Outside is offline   Reply With Quote