HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread II (NHL rumors/trades talk in here as well)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-19-2013, 02:16 AM
  #176
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 3,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatASaveDave View Post
So you guys want a cheap center man who can play top 6/ bottom 6 and is good at faceoffs ? Would Tyler Bozak work ?
Heck yeah I'd like Bozak, but I doubt the Leafs would trade him seeing that he averages the most TOI of all the centers and he's good at faceoffs.

EbonyRaptor is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 10:48 AM
  #177
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,221
vCash: 500
I just don't see this team adding a top 6 player that is going to play 18-20 minutes a game. I just don't see how you can work a guy into the team with only what, 12-15 games left in the season. I'd hate to mess up the chemistry of the team by doing that.

I think our best bet is getting a Sammy Pahlsson/John Madden type. A guy that can win faceoffs, play defense, kill penalties, and add a little skill on the 4th line. The right guy could turn that 4th line into a real shut down line. We'd have to rely on our 3rd line to be the physical grinder line if we have a 4th line that is that light in the pants though.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 01:16 PM
  #178
Penosity
Registered User
 
Penosity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,596
vCash: 500
Stalberg and Bickell are both UFA after the season.
Leddy is RFA.

What would it take to re-sign 'em?
My guesses:
Stalberg $3.25M
Bickell $1.6M
Leddy $3.5M

Penosity is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 01:21 PM
  #179
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatASaveDave View Post
So you guys want a cheap center man who can play top 6/ bottom 6 and is good at faceoffs ? Would Tyler Bozak work ?
sure, but I don't see the Leafs trading him

Bubba88 is online now  
Old
03-19-2013, 01:43 PM
  #180
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penosity View Post
Stalberg and Bickell are both UFA after the season.
Leddy is RFA.

What would it take to re-sign 'em?
My guesses:
Stalberg $3.25M
Bickell $1.6M
Leddy $3.5M
The first two are pretty close, although I could see Bickell getting a big more and maybe a little less for Vik. Leddy better not get 3.5M unless we're talking about a 5-6 year deal. If it's 3.5M per for like two years, he's got to be traded.

And as we all know, if this team wins the Cup, the guys who had the best playoffs will get more than they otherwise would.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 01:54 PM
  #181
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 109,561
vCash: 400
Bozak would be upgrade

Can win faceoffs , Play D and wont look out of place on 2nd line between Sharp/Hossa IMO

Sadly doubt LEafs move him nor Hawks look to upgrade from Bolland

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:15 PM
  #182
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,221
vCash: 500
Deadline is April 3rd right?

The Hawks will definitely make a move, Bowman always makes a move. It may be a low risk low reward guy (like Morrison), but a move will be made. Don't think they want Mayers/Bollig/Carcillo being relied on in the playoffs

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:17 PM
  #183
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Deadline is April 3rd right?

The Hawks will definitely make a move, Bowman always makes a move. It may be a low risk low reward guy (like Morrison), but a move will be made. Don't think they want Mayers/Bollig/Carcillo being relied on in the playoffs
It wouldn't bother me one bit if they upgraded all three.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:05 PM
  #184
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Bozak would be upgrade

Can win faceoffs , Play D and wont look out of place on 2nd line between Sharp/Hossa IMO

Sadly doubt LEafs move him nor Hawks look to upgrade from Bolland
Bozak would not be an upgrade at 2nd line C aside from faceoffs.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:06 PM
  #185
KanetoToews2883
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Deadline is April 3rd right?

The Hawks will definitely make a move, Bowman always makes a move. It may be a low risk low reward guy (like Morrison), but a move will be made. Don't think they want Mayers/Bollig/Carcillo being relied on in the playoffs
You're talking about our 12th/13th forward here, I doubt they make a move because they want to upgrade our 12th or 13th forward..

LW: Saad/Sharp/Bickell/(Carcillo/Mayers/Bollig)
C: Toews/Bolland/Shaw/Kruger
RW: Kane/Hossa/Stalberg/Frolik

D: Seabrook/Keith; Hjalmarsson/Odyua ; Leddy/(Rozsival/Brookbank)

G: Crawford/ Emery.

If we do acquire something I think it'll be upgrading the 2C (Kruger shifts over to LW on the 4th line), LW (major line shifts occur so doubtful), or a PP QB to get Sharp off the pt on the PP (Doubtful one that we could afford and that would be useful is out there, Visnovsky has been brought up... maybe? I doubt it).

I think wysiwyg with the Hawks, I don't see a move in our near future..

KanetoToews2883 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:11 PM
  #186
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
It wouldn't bother me one bit if they upgraded all three.
I like Carcillo as an extra forward.

One of those upgrades could be Hayes. They could acquire a bottom-six winger at the TD and not impact the chemistry.

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Bolland-Kane
Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg
Acquisition-Kruger-Hayes
Frolik, Carcillo

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:11 PM
  #187
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 9,139
vCash: 500
Highly unlikely they get a #2 center. I would guess a #3 or #4 center is a good chance though. It would be more of a depth in case of injury move, than an immediate need move.

Sarava is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:12 PM
  #188
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,180
vCash: 500
They will target a 4th line C, or an average 3rd line C.

I don't see Shaw moving from #3 C, and I don't see Bolland moving away from #2 C.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:13 PM
  #189
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanetoToews2883 View Post
You're talking about our 12th/13th forward here, I doubt they make a move because they want to upgrade our 12th or 13th forward..

LW: Saad/Sharp/Bickell/(Carcillo/Mayers/Bollig)
C: Toews/Bolland/Shaw/Kruger
RW: Kane/Hossa/Stalberg/Frolik

D: Seabrook/Keith; Hjalmarsson/Odyua ; Leddy/(Rozsival/Brookbank)

G: Crawford/ Emery.

If we do acquire something I think it'll be upgrading the 2C (Kruger shifts over to LW on the 4th line), LW (major line shifts occur so doubtful), or a PP QB to get Sharp off the pt on the PP (Doubtful one that we could afford and that would be useful is out there, Visnovsky has been brought up... maybe? I doubt it).

I think wysiwyg with the Hawks, I don't see a move in our near future..
The Hawks aren't going to totall reconfigure their lines with 13 games left to go in thre regular season. That sounds like an awful idea.

What they need, and what is likely to be available, is a 4th line center that can win faceoffs and help kill penalties. Getting a guy like Sammy Pahlsson from a few years ago would be perfect.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:23 PM
  #190
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I like Carcillo as an extra forward.
Me too, but he doesn't look as good as he did last year. If I got to pick, I'd like to pick up Clowe for the 4th line/PP net presence and a gritty center who can win faceoffs.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:29 PM
  #191
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Me too, but he doesn't look as good as he did last year. If I got to pick, I'd like to pick up Clowe for the 4th line/PP net presence and a gritty center who can win faceoffs.
I'd love Clowe by #1 he's been terrible this year and #2 the Sharks aren't trading him to a competitor they may meet in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:30 PM
  #192
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
I'd love Clowe by #1 he's been terrible this year and #2 the Sharks aren't trading him to a competitor they may meet in the 1st round of the playoffs.
Probably not, but it is kind of a unique situation. But yeah, these two teams don't help each other.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:32 PM
  #193
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Probably not, but it is kind of a unique situation. But yeah, these two teams don't help each other.
Ya, surely there is some bad blood between those GM's. I know I wouldn't work with him if I was Bowman

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:45 PM
  #194
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,615
vCash: 500
Think East, guys, think East.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:55 PM
  #195
WarriorofTime
Registered User
 
WarriorofTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penosity View Post
Stalberg and Bickell are both UFA after the season.
Leddy is RFA.

What would it take to re-sign 'em?
My guesses:
Stalberg $3.25M
Bickell $1.6M
Leddy $3.5M
Maybe if Bickell were a 1-2 seasoned RFA. However as a UFA with 3.33 years of experience at a "just entering his prime" age, he'll get significantly more than that. Other teams are noticing how well the Hawks 3rd line is playing. Some team would love to pay more than $1.6 for a piece of that.

WarriorofTime is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 04:01 PM
  #196
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,950
vCash: 500
Sure would be nice if Bickell and Stalberg signed really cheap deals and committed themselves to being the best 3rd line in the NHL for a long time

xX Hot Fuss is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 04:12 PM
  #197
WarriorofTime
Registered User
 
WarriorofTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Sure would be nice if Bickell and Stalberg signed really cheap deals and committed themselves to being the best 3rd line in the NHL for a long time
Pipe dream. These guys have been making under a million their entire hockey careers. You can't tell me that they don't look around and see what other guys in the league are making and aren't just itching to hit UFA.

WarriorofTime is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 04:15 PM
  #198
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Pipe dream. These guys have been making under a million their entire hockey careers. You can't tell me that they don't look around and see what other guys in the league are making and aren't just itching to hit UFA.
Yup, both guys will want to cash in and I hope they do.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 04:21 PM
  #199
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Sure would be nice if Bickell and Stalberg signed really cheap deals and committed themselves to being the best 3rd line in the NHL for a long time
Yeah, it would. It's no mystery that the line has been working since game 1 and even last year with Bolland.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 04:35 PM
  #200
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,449
vCash: 500
Panthers will listen to offers for sure... still say Goc would be perfect fit for our team

Bubba88 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.