HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo @ Montreal - March 19 2013 - 7:30pm

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 12:59 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

vCash: 500
Gallagher kinda looks like travolta.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Habsolutely

Best GDT ever!

Old
03-19-2013, 01:01 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

GDT of the year...great job!

Old
03-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Gros Bonhomme
Benoit Brunet #1 Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Gros Bonhomme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Really surprised people ? Armstrong is an Nhl'er and being rewarded for good recent work.

Perhaps people are unaccustomed to the meritocracy under Bergevin and Therrien.
I just watched Therrien's presser. One of the reasons Armstrong was promoted to the 3rd line was indeed because of his good play in the last few games but there is something else also. Ever since Dumont got brought up he has been used as a winger. He wants to use tonight's game to see what can Dumont do as a center. He's looking for 'answers' to some of his 'questions' about Dumont going forward. I liked what I heard. Good approach IMO.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:07 PM
waitin425

Great GDT!

Huge game tonight! With Boston and Pitts coming up this week tells us if we are truly championship material. Habs all the way!

Old
03-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Brainiac

Amazing GDT! PK's face just cracks me up.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:17 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bonhomme View Post
I just watched Therrien's presser. One of the reasons Armstrong was promoted to the 3rd line was indeed because of his good play in the last few games but there is something else also. Ever since Dumont got brought up he has been used as a winger. He wants to use tonight's game to see what can Dumont do as a center. He's looking for 'answers' to some of his 'questions' about Dumont going forward. I liked what I heard. Good approach IMO.
This

I also like White playing RW more than centre, he actually has been decent at centre, but at RW it also him to play the body more and be a bit more aggressive.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Gros Bonhomme
Benoit Brunet #1 Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Gros Bonhomme
Just a tremendous job by our staff this year handling the rookies. Feels like we haven't seen this kind of passion/work ethic in a decade.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Bask
Embellishing User

I do believe that if we beat them in a dominant way, this will be the last game of the Sabres before the implosion

Old
03-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

WTH is Chubby doing on Chunky and Lard's line?

AMAZING GDT BTW, I love the creativity.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Just noticed all the background logos in the first image. Mickey Dees, Krispy Kreme, DQ, and etc. Everything about this is perfect. Just perfect Roy.

And Belly Gallagher looks like Cartman when he joined the Special Olympics.
I love the South Park reference -- great show. And yeah, he really does hahahah. All he needs is the koolaid shirt and bike helmet.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:32 PM
CanadienShark

Lard Eller... hahaha sick GDT!

Old
03-19-2013, 01:34 PM
holyhabs

lmfao hilarious roy

Old
03-19-2013, 01:39 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

LMFAO sucha great GDT Roy.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:40 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

One of the good GDT's I've seen this season. Well done Roy.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Bask
Embellishing User

Off topic a bit, am I the only one who was pissed at the Journal De Montréal this morning? the front page was a giant picture of Galchenyuk saying "Je vis des moments difficiles" (could be translated to something like "i'm having a hard time").

I just felt like it was an unnecessary thing to put on the front page, its these kind of things that drives the players out of this city over time

/end rant

Old
03-19-2013, 01:42 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Oh-my.

Tony Marinaro.

I read each name and said oh now I just lost it.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:44 PM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

Old
03-19-2013, 01:44 PM
sdaltons

the whole third line is amazing

Old
03-19-2013, 01:50 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
Off topic a bit, am I the only one who was pissed at the Journal De Montréal this morning? the front page was a giant picture of Galchenyuk saying "Je vis des moments difficiles" (could be translated to something like "i'm having a hard time").

I just felt like it was an unnecessary thing to put on the front page, its these kind of things that drives the players out of this city over time

/end rant
Drama sells, and JdeM exploits that to the extreme.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:53 PM
habtastic

Quote:

/end rant
First of all - great work, Roy, such attention to detail, most people get paid to do far less. Thanks for being a great board member!

Second, Bask, I haven't seen it, but holy fat Jesus that is some bullcrap right there! Innnncredible that they would write something so off-base and unnecessary. Chucky has been playing just fine, nothing we should be worried about (not like I have to convince anyone here, which means he's doing just fine).

They really know how to stoop to new levels. I forgot, in the SO against OTT, who scored for us???

"Je vis des moments difficiles" is one of their typical headlines that they trot out and in this case there isn't even an argument for it except that he hasn't put up point in a little bit. Otherwise he's been on our most explosive line and has by no means been a defensive liability. The scary thing is that papers like that give the readers who actually don't watch the games or follow the team closely to believe that the headline is true. It's propaganda, plain and simple and it's a good thing Chucky doesn't read that stuff. Would be awesome if he played a first star game tonight (not cuz I think he needs to step up), but just to shove it in their faces. Then again, they'd somehow attribute it to their own great efforts to give him a kick in the butt.

Let's just put Buffalo out of their misery. Is Kaleta a healthy scratch or will he be playing with piss and vinegar? (aka cheapshotting people)

Old
03-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
"Je vis des moments difficiles" is one of their typical headlines that they trot out and in this case there isn't even an argument for it except that he hasn't put up point in a little bit. Otherwise he's been on our most explosive line and has by no means been a defensive liability. The scary thing is that papers like that give the readers who actually don't watch the games or follow the team closely to believe that the headline is true. It's propaganda, plain and simple and it's a good thing Chucky doesn't read that stuff. Would be awesome if he played a first star game tonight (not cuz I think he needs to step up), but just to shove it in their faces. Then again, they'd somehow attribute it to their own great efforts to give him a kick in the butt.
The worst part is that it wasnt just a 1/8 header on the front page, it was the WHOLE THING, a 12x8 picture of Galchenyuk... No wonder why La Presse has all the good sports journalist

Old
03-19-2013, 02:02 PM
habtastic

Quote:
The worst part is that it wasnt just a 1/8 header on the front page, it was the WHOLE THING, a 12x8 picture of Galchenyuk... No wonder why La Presse has all the good sports journalist
One big difference, and it might just be linguistic/cultural between English and French papers is that writing that with a pic of the player in an English newspaper or magazine would imply a quote. In a French paper, it's like a caption, although I wonder how many are aware of that. I'll bet some people actually think Chucky said that he's going through a rough patch.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
One big difference, and it might just be linguistic/cultural between English and French papers is that writing that with a pic of the player in an English newspaper or magazine would imply a quote. In a French paper, it's like a caption, although I wonder how many are aware of that. I'll bet some people actually think Chucky said that he's going through a rough patch.
it was written as a quote, with the " ", but a terribly misleading one

Old
03-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Habsfan18

Ryan White's picture.