HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 8)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-19-2013, 08:53 AM
  #726
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
What they should have done is not bailed him out, like why reward the kid? Keep him behind bars and make have face the punishment...if he gets convicted his NHL dream is over. another stupid thing Warren did, this isn't a bar fight, it's a **** charge and it's a serious offence... I have no clue what Ben is thinking, your dream is in reach and you go and do this? Idiot, send the kid packing.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 10:45 AM
  #727
Spitsfan191
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
Johnson has been released on bail

Spitsfan191 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 11:01 AM
  #728
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan191 View Post
Johnson has been released on bail
Thats old news, he got out because of Rychel...30,000 bail and now he has to stay with the Rychel family and cant go anywhere unless its to court. and again they should have let the kid sit in jail and think about how serious of a crime he actually committed instead of bailing him out and live in there house...Does anyone know why Johnson didnt play the last week? was he injured or was it that they already knew about the previous assault? and they were sitting him out?

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 11:13 AM
  #729
GangGreen
Registered User
 
GangGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Thats old news, he got out because of Rychel...30,000 bail and now he has to stay with the Rychel family and cant go anywhere unless its to court. and again they should have let the kid sit in jail and think about how serious of a crime he actually committed instead of bailing him out and live in there house...Does anyone know why Johnson didnt play the last week? was he injured or was it that they already knew about the previous assault? and they were sitting him out?
I don't want to get too involved in Spitfire business, but please remember that Ben Johnson hasn't been found guilty of anything yet. I'm not saying it is, but sometimes these allegations can be fabricated. But until he gets his day in court, he is presumed innocent. If indeed true, then Mr. Johnson is going to pay for his actions in many ways. I hope the ladies involved in this incident are OK


Last edited by GangGreen: 03-19-2013 at 11:23 AM.
GangGreen is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 11:26 AM
  #730
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,792
vCash: 500
He had a shoulder injury. The previous incident only came to light when the 20 yr old victim learned of this more recent claim and stepped forward saying similar happened to her three weeks ago. I don't think Johnson would have pulled the same stunt if he was being charged/investigated for doing the same thing not weeks earlier.

Regarding Rychel - it's about being innocent until proven guilty. You have to best protect your players, like you would protect your own kid if they were in the same situation.

Accusations don't look good, but it's not a black and white world either. A 16 yr old was in a night club, that's a whole new can of worms. Absolutely not saying she deserved anything that came her way if her accuations are true, but it also leaves room for situations where there could have been misread signals and the like. As for the 20 yr old - she only came forward now, so didn't think it was sexual assault "enough" to come forward earlier. I completely understand why the 20 yr old wouldn't as it's a he-said, she-said situation, and you open yourself up to extreme scrutiny and even doubt yourself and figure you might be partially to blame - but Ducharme is well worth his money if you are innocent or are guilty. Johnson's go to play - sex in the bathroom of clubs - will definitely be used against him, but all Ducharme has to do is create reasonable doubt and I think given what has been reported I think that will be relatively easy as long as Johnson admits to having sex but claims it was consensual. Sexual assault cases are hard to get convictions where one side claims it was consensual, because biological evidence then doesn't matter ie he's admitting to being there and having sex. The woman who waited three weeks to come forward will be discounted because she waited. The 16 yr old seems to have gone straight to emerg for a **** kit, so she'll be much more believable as a accuser BUT she also was WAY underage in a club and Ducharme will argue that Johnson had every reason to believe she was 19yo+, and if they were seen together at the club during the night - dancing, flirting, kissing etc, that Ducharme will chock it up to confused/mixed signals and it would be come a he-said, she-said situation as to what happened in the bathroom unless there was somehow witnesses in there, which one would have to doubt.

Ottomatic is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 01:35 PM
  #731
Section103
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Thats old news, he got out because of Rychel...30,000 bail and now he has to stay with the Rychel family and cant go anywhere unless its to court. and again they should have let the kid sit in jail and think about how serious of a crime he actually committed instead of bailing him out and live in there house...Does anyone know why Johnson didnt play the last week? was he injured or was it that they already knew about the previous assault? and they were sitting him out?
Not sure where you're getting your information. Rychel did not bail Johnson out. He spent an extra night in jail to raise the funds.

Garland and Johnson's billot family posted bail.

As stated before, ever hear of innocent until proven guilty

Section103 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 01:47 PM
  #732
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section103 View Post
Not sure where you're getting your information. Rychel did not bail Johnson out. He spent an extra night in jail to raise the funds.

Garland and Johnson's billot family posted bail.

As stated before, ever hear of innocent until proven guilty
Calm down I heard from some people at work WHO SAID it was on CKLW.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:11 PM
  #733
Section103
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Calm down I heard from some people at work WHO SAID it was on CKLW.
Calm down? You're doing nothing but spreading false information, and rumours.

I'm calm, but someone has to correct misinformation.

Section103 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:30 PM
  #734
WhalerBlue
Registered User
 
WhalerBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Just an observation.......Certain posts have been removed from this thread. A couple posts speculated on who the victim was. I mentioned that it made sense why certain things were the way they were imposed by the court yesterday. Maybe it is a good idea not to name names concerning victim(s), possible victims etc...The whole situation there is sad.

WhalerBlue is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:40 PM
  #735
OHLFan8771
Moderator
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerBlue View Post
Just an observation.......Certain posts have been removed from this thread. A couple posts speculated on who the victim was. I mentioned that it made sense why certain things were the way they were imposed by the court yesterday. Maybe it is a good idea not to name names concerning victim(s), possible victims etc...The whole situation there is sad.
What you said is exactly the way things should go in regards to posts about a matter like this. This is the exact rule of the site so I just ask everyone to be aware of it. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

OHLFan8771 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:49 PM
  #736
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
He had a shoulder injury. The previous incident only came to light when the 20 yr old victim learned of this more recent claim and stepped forward saying similar happened to her three weeks ago. I don't think Johnson would have pulled the same stunt if he was being charged/investigated for doing the same thing not weeks earlier.

Regarding Rychel - it's about being innocent until proven guilty. You have to best protect your players, like you would protect your own kid if they were in the same situation.

Accusations don't look good, but it's not a black and white world either. A 16 yr old was in a night club, that's a whole new can of worms. Absolutely not saying she deserved anything that came her way if her accuations are true, but it also leaves room for situations where there could have been misread signals and the like. As for the 20 yr old - she only came forward now, so didn't think it was sexual assault "enough" to come forward earlier. I completely understand why the 20 yr old wouldn't as it's a he-said, she-said situation, and you open yourself up to extreme scrutiny and even doubt yourself and figure you might be partially to blame - but Ducharme is well worth his money if you are innocent or are guilty. Johnson's go to play - sex in the bathroom of clubs - will definitely be used against him, but all Ducharme has to do is create reasonable doubt and I think given what has been reported I think that will be relatively easy as long as Johnson admits to having sex but claims it was consensual. Sexual assault cases are hard to get convictions where one side claims it was consensual, because biological evidence then doesn't matter ie he's admitting to being there and having sex. The woman who waited three weeks to come forward will be discounted because she waited. The 16 yr old seems to have gone straight to emerg for a **** kit, so she'll be much more believable as a accuser BUT she also was WAY underage in a club and Ducharme will argue that Johnson had every reason to believe she was 19yo+, and if they were seen together at the club during the night - dancing, flirting, kissing etc, that Ducharme will chock it up to confused/mixed signals and it would be come a he-said, she-said situation as to what happened in the bathroom unless there was somehow witnesses in there, which one would have to doubt.
The "I didn't know she was underage" excuse doesn't fly... especially in this case where Johnson is accused of sexual assault, not statutory r@pe.

As for the 20yo, I don't think she reported this AFTER this latest incident, because really she would have had no idea it happened. She more than likely reported it, but had nothing much to go off of except a description. When this 2nd attack allegedly happened, the police could match up the two crimes.

Libbs is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:55 PM
  #737
Loosie
Registered User
 
Loosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
so if guilty of both charges what are johnsons options for hockey next season?
If he's guilty does it even matter what his hockey options are?

People ask why the other victims didn't forward? Yes there is 'innocent until proven guilty', but when it involves sexual assualt, how do you think the victim feels when a phrase like that is thrown arround. This is probably the #1 reason for alot of victims not coming forward, they don't want to deal with the 'is she making it up?' crap that comes with virtually every sexual assult case.

It probably doesn't help either that he is a 'semi-celebrity' in the town.

Loosie is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:58 PM
  #738
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosie View Post
If he's guilty does it even matter what his hockey options are?

People ask why the other victims didn't forward? Yes there is 'innocent until proven guilty', but when it involves sexual assualt, how do you think the victim feels when a phrase like that is thrown arround. This is probably the #1 reason for alot of victims not coming forward, they don't want to deal with the 'is she making it up?' crap that comes with virtually every sexual assult case.

It probably doesn't help either that he is a 'semi-celebrity' in the town.
Please note that nowhere does it say she didn't report it... Johnson was charged with both counts at the same time, leading to the conclusion that they knew of the first attack but couldn't connect the dots until the second attack happened (allegedly).

Libbs is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:01 PM
  #739
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
In hockey news,just got definitive info re Spits draft
They do not have a 2nd rd pick,the Maletta deals conditions were that if NF had 2013 2nd rd picks by Apr 1 the Spits would get 1 of them,unfortunately they only have 1 the 1 they
picked up in the Wigle deal with Erie which is Sarnia"s
As of right now here are spits 1st 4 picks

3rd rd-#43
4thrd- 68th-Saginaws
5th rd-81-1st-Eries
6th rd-119th-Londons-conditional

hockeylegend11 is online now  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:04 PM
  #740
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
In hockey news,just got definitive info re Spits draft
They do not have a 2nd rd pick,the Maletta deals conditions were that if NF had 2013 2nd rd picks by Apr 1 the Spits would get 1 of them,unfortunately they only have 1 the 1 they
picked up in the Wigle deal with Erie which is Sarnia"s
As of right now here are spits 1st 4 picks

3rd rd-#43
4thrd- 68th-Saginaws
5th rd-81-1st-Eries
6th rd-119th-Londons-conditional
Wow that's bad...I could see the spits picking up a
Second somewhere.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:04 PM
  #741
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
In hockey news,just got definitive info re Spits draft
They do not have a 2nd rd pick,the Maletta deals conditions were that if NF had 2013 2nd rd picks by Apr 1 the Spits would get 1 of them,unfortunately they only have 1 the 1 they
picked up in the Wigle deal with Erie which is Sarnia"s
As of right now here are spits 1st 4 picks

3rd rd-#43
4thrd- 68th-Saginaws
5th rd-81-1st-Eries
6th rd-119th-Londons-conditional
This draft is going to suck.

Libbs is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:12 PM
  #742
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
This draft is going to suck.
At least they can just offer a gold education package to one of the players currently drafted and try to lure him here. I would rather do that than reach for some guy and hope he pans out.

RayzorIsDull is online now  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:14 PM
  #743
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section103 View Post
Calm down? You're doing nothing but spreading false information, and rumours.

I'm calm, but someone has to correct misinformation.
Hey an where did you find out who bailed him out? I haven seen it anywhere...I said Rychel bailed him out because supposedly it was said on CKLW, but you say other wise so can you post a link?

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:15 PM
  #744
hockeyboy4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Windsor,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Hey an where did you find out who bailed him out? I haven seen it anywhere...I said Rychel bailed him out because supposedly it was said on CKLW, but you say other wise so can you post a link?
http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/03...eased-on-bail/

hockeyboy4 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:19 PM
  #745
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
At least they can just offer a gold education package to one of the players currently drafted and try to lure him here. I would rather do that than reach for some guy and hope he pans out.
Well Rychel will certainly need to bring his A game... I don't see any of them coming here.

Libbs is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:20 PM
  #746
Section103
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
Thanks, should have linked that in my original post.

Section103 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:21 PM
  #747
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
If I could get me a Nordiques toque, I'd be set!!

OHLTG is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:22 PM
  #748
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
Thanks!!

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:25 PM
  #749
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Well Rychel will certainly need to bring his A game... I don't see any of them coming here.
Well one apparently is ,all but penciled in but I am sworn to secrecy

hockeylegend11 is online now  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:26 PM
  #750
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
In hockey news,just got definitive info re Spits draft
They do not have a 2nd rd pick,the Maletta deals conditions were that if NF had 2013 2nd rd picks by Apr 1 the Spits would get 1 of them,unfortunately they only have 1 the 1 they
picked up in the Wigle deal with Erie which is Sarnia"s
As of right now here are spits 1st 4 picks

3rd rd-#43
4thrd- 68th-Saginaws
5th rd-81-1st-Eries
6th rd-119th-Londons-conditional
Not alot of opportunity to improve the team there. With that being said they lose #4 overall this year, with no top picks, I can see this team slipping further down next year inside the Top 3. That really stings. Its possible they could forfeit the #1 overall selection. When do they get there first round selections back?

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.