HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 8)

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 08:53 AM
Spitsfan67*

vCash: 500
What they should have done is not bailed him out, like why reward the kid? Keep him behind bars and make have face the punishment...if he gets convicted his NHL dream is over. another stupid thing Warren did, this isn't a bar fight, it's a **** charge and it's a serious offence... I have no clue what Ben is thinking, your dream is in reach and you go and do this? Idiot, send the kid packing.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Spitsfan191

Johnson has been released on bail

Old
03-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan191 View Post
Johnson has been released on bail
Thats old news, he got out because of Rychel...30,000 bail and now he has to stay with the Rychel family and cant go anywhere unless its to court. and again they should have let the kid sit in jail and think about how serious of a crime he actually committed instead of bailing him out and live in there house...Does anyone know why Johnson didnt play the last week? was he injured or was it that they already knew about the previous assault? and they were sitting him out?

Old
03-19-2013, 11:13 AM
GangGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Thats old news, he got out because of Rychel...30,000 bail and now he has to stay with the Rychel family and cant go anywhere unless its to court. and again they should have let the kid sit in jail and think about how serious of a crime he actually committed instead of bailing him out and live in there house...Does anyone know why Johnson didnt play the last week? was he injured or was it that they already knew about the previous assault? and they were sitting him out?
I don't want to get too involved in Spitfire business, but please remember that Ben Johnson hasn't been found guilty of anything yet. I'm not saying it is, but sometimes these allegations can be fabricated. But until he gets his day in court, he is presumed innocent. If indeed true, then Mr. Johnson is going to pay for his actions in many ways. I hope the ladies involved in this incident are OK

Last edited by GangGreen: 03-19-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old
03-19-2013, 11:26 AM
Ottomatic

He had a shoulder injury. The previous incident only came to light when the 20 yr old victim learned of this more recent claim and stepped forward saying similar happened to her three weeks ago. I don't think Johnson would have pulled the same stunt if he was being charged/investigated for doing the same thing not weeks earlier.

Regarding Rychel - it's about being innocent until proven guilty. You have to best protect your players, like you would protect your own kid if they were in the same situation.

Accusations don't look good, but it's not a black and white world either. A 16 yr old was in a night club, that's a whole new can of worms. Absolutely not saying she deserved anything that came her way if her accuations are true, but it also leaves room for situations where there could have been misread signals and the like. As for the 20 yr old - she only came forward now, so didn't think it was sexual assault "enough" to come forward earlier. I completely understand why the 20 yr old wouldn't as it's a he-said, she-said situation, and you open yourself up to extreme scrutiny and even doubt yourself and figure you might be partially to blame - but Ducharme is well worth his money if you are innocent or are guilty. Johnson's go to play - sex in the bathroom of clubs - will definitely be used against him, but all Ducharme has to do is create reasonable doubt and I think given what has been reported I think that will be relatively easy as long as Johnson admits to having sex but claims it was consensual. Sexual assault cases are hard to get convictions where one side claims it was consensual, because biological evidence then doesn't matter ie he's admitting to being there and having sex. The woman who waited three weeks to come forward will be discounted because she waited. The 16 yr old seems to have gone straight to emerg for a **** kit, so she'll be much more believable as a accuser BUT she also was WAY underage in a club and Ducharme will argue that Johnson had every reason to believe she was 19yo+, and if they were seen together at the club during the night - dancing, flirting, kissing etc, that Ducharme will chock it up to confused/mixed signals and it would be come a he-said, she-said situation as to what happened in the bathroom unless there was somehow witnesses in there, which one would have to doubt.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Section103

Quote:
Not sure where you're getting your information. Rychel did not bail Johnson out. He spent an extra night in jail to raise the funds.

Garland and Johnson's billot family posted bail.

As stated before, ever hear of innocent until proven guilty

Old
03-19-2013, 01:47 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section103 View Post
Not sure where you're getting your information. Rychel did not bail Johnson out. He spent an extra night in jail to raise the funds.

Garland and Johnson's billot family posted bail.

As stated before, ever hear of innocent until proven guilty
Calm down I heard from some people at work WHO SAID it was on CKLW.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Section103

Quote:
Calm down I heard from some people at work WHO SAID it was on CKLW.
Calm down? You're doing nothing but spreading false information, and rumours.

I'm calm, but someone has to correct misinformation.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:30 PM
WhalerBlue

Just an observation.......Certain posts have been removed from this thread. A couple posts speculated on who the victim was. I mentioned that it made sense why certain things were the way they were imposed by the court yesterday. Maybe it is a good idea not to name names concerning victim(s), possible victims etc...The whole situation there is sad.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:40 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerBlue View Post
Just an observation.......Certain posts have been removed from this thread. A couple posts speculated on who the victim was. I mentioned that it made sense why certain things were the way they were imposed by the court yesterday. Maybe it is a good idea not to name names concerning victim(s), possible victims etc...The whole situation there is sad.
What you said is exactly the way things should go in regards to posts about a matter like this. This is the exact rule of the site so I just ask everyone to be aware of it. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
He had a shoulder injury. The previous incident only came to light when the 20 yr old victim learned of this more recent claim and stepped forward saying similar happened to her three weeks ago. I don't think Johnson would have pulled the same stunt if he was being charged/investigated for doing the same thing not weeks earlier.

Regarding Rychel - it's about being innocent until proven guilty. You have to best protect your players, like you would protect your own kid if they were in the same situation.

Accusations don't look good, but it's not a black and white world either. A 16 yr old was in a night club, that's a whole new can of worms. Absolutely not saying she deserved anything that came her way if her accuations are true, but it also leaves room for situations where there could have been misread signals and the like. As for the 20 yr old - she only came forward now, so didn't think it was sexual assault "enough" to come forward earlier. I completely understand why the 20 yr old wouldn't as it's a he-said, she-said situation, and you open yourself up to extreme scrutiny and even doubt yourself and figure you might be partially to blame - but Ducharme is well worth his money if you are innocent or are guilty. Johnson's go to play - sex in the bathroom of clubs - will definitely be used against him, but all Ducharme has to do is create reasonable doubt and I think given what has been reported I think that will be relatively easy as long as Johnson admits to having sex but claims it was consensual. Sexual assault cases are hard to get convictions where one side claims it was consensual, because biological evidence then doesn't matter ie he's admitting to being there and having sex. The woman who waited three weeks to come forward will be discounted because she waited. The 16 yr old seems to have gone straight to emerg for a **** kit, so she'll be much more believable as a accuser BUT she also was WAY underage in a club and Ducharme will argue that Johnson had every reason to believe she was 19yo+, and if they were seen together at the club during the night - dancing, flirting, kissing etc, that Ducharme will chock it up to confused/mixed signals and it would be come a he-said, she-said situation as to what happened in the bathroom unless there was somehow witnesses in there, which one would have to doubt.
The "I didn't know she was underage" excuse doesn't fly... especially in this case where Johnson is accused of sexual assault, not statutory r@pe.

As for the 20yo, I don't think she reported this AFTER this latest incident, because really she would have had no idea it happened. She more than likely reported it, but had nothing much to go off of except a description. When this 2nd attack allegedly happened, the police could match up the two crimes.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Loosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
so if guilty of both charges what are johnsons options for hockey next season?
If he's guilty does it even matter what his hockey options are?

People ask why the other victims didn't forward? Yes there is 'innocent until proven guilty', but when it involves sexual assualt, how do you think the victim feels when a phrase like that is thrown arround. This is probably the #1 reason for alot of victims not coming forward, they don't want to deal with the 'is she making it up?' crap that comes with virtually every sexual assult case.

It probably doesn't help either that he is a 'semi-celebrity' in the town.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosie View Post
If he's guilty does it even matter what his hockey options are?

People ask why the other victims didn't forward? Yes there is 'innocent until proven guilty', but when it involves sexual assualt, how do you think the victim feels when a phrase like that is thrown arround. This is probably the #1 reason for alot of victims not coming forward, they don't want to deal with the 'is she making it up?' crap that comes with virtually every sexual assult case.

It probably doesn't help either that he is a 'semi-celebrity' in the town.
Please note that nowhere does it say she didn't report it... Johnson was charged with both counts at the same time, leading to the conclusion that they knew of the first attack but couldn't connect the dots until the second attack happened (allegedly).

Old
03-19-2013, 03:01 PM
hockeylegend11

In hockey news,just got definitive info re Spits draft
They do not have a 2nd rd pick,the Maletta deals conditions were that if NF had 2013 2nd rd picks by Apr 1 the Spits would get 1 of them,unfortunately they only have 1 the 1 they
picked up in the Wigle deal with Erie which is Sarnia"s
As of right now here are spits 1st 4 picks

3rd rd-#43
4thrd- 68th-Saginaws
5th rd-81-1st-Eries
6th rd-119th-Londons-conditional

Old
03-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
They do not have a 2nd rd pick,the Maletta deals conditions were that if NF had 2013 2nd rd picks by Apr 1 the Spits would get 1 of them,unfortunately they only have 1 the 1 they

3rd rd-#43
4thrd- 68th-Saginaws
5th rd-81-1st-Eries
Wow that's bad...I could see the spits picking up a
Second somewhere.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Libbs

Quote:

3rd rd-#43
4thrd- 68th-Saginaws
5th rd-81-1st-Eries
This draft is going to suck.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:12 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
This draft is going to suck.
At least they can just offer a gold education package to one of the players currently drafted and try to lure him here. I would rather do that than reach for some guy and hope he pans out.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section103 View Post
Calm down? You're doing nothing but spreading false information, and rumours.

I'm calm, but someone has to correct misinformation.
Hey an where did you find out who bailed him out? I haven seen it anywhere...I said Rychel bailed him out because supposedly it was said on CKLW, but you say other wise so can you post a link?

Old
03-19-2013, 03:15 PM
hockeyboy4

Quote:
Hey an where did you find out who bailed him out? I haven seen it anywhere...I said Rychel bailed him out because supposedly it was said on CKLW, but you say other wise so can you post a link?
http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/03...eased-on-bail/

Old
03-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
At least they can just offer a gold education package to one of the players currently drafted and try to lure him here. I would rather do that than reach for some guy and hope he pans out.
Well Rychel will certainly need to bring his A game... I don't see any of them coming here.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Section103

Quote:
Thanks, should have linked that in my original post.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:21 PM
OHLTG

If I could get me a Nordiques toque, I'd be set!!

Old
03-19-2013, 03:22 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Thanks!!

Old
03-19-2013, 03:25 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Well Rychel will certainly need to bring his A game... I don't see any of them coming here.
Well one apparently is ,all but penciled in but I am sworn to secrecy

Old
03-19-2013, 03:26 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:

3rd rd-#43
4thrd- 68th-Saginaws
5th rd-81-1st-Eries
Not alot of opportunity to improve the team there. With that being said they lose #4 overall this year, with no top picks, I can see this team slipping further down next year inside the Top 3. That really stings. Its possible they could forfeit the #1 overall selection. When do they get there first round selections back?

Closed Thread