HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouillon has surgery

Old
08-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
Bouillon has surgery

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/209862.html

get well soon frank the tank

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
bad news! i hope he'll get in sjhape for the camp!

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Adam91

The surgery is pretty late in the off season I think he'll probably miss of camp, maybe more

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 03:48 PM
HabsUnited

so is it arthroscopic? I can't surf to rds from work

HabsUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldat Samsonov View Post
bad news! i hope he'll get in sjhape for the camp!

start looking for a replacment ...
also mark striet has Tendonitis in both his knee's
will miss frank more than striet ... bob got a holes to fill ...

were goona need a number 5 guy and a number 7 guy ...

jp cote is the number 7 guy who will be the number 4 or 5 guy?

Old
08-02-2006, 03:55 PM
DicAnns

they just said 4-6 weeks on the radio... I think it was 94.3FM...

DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 03:57 PM
deandebean

4-6 weeks? He'll be there for the season opener. Don't worry.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
start looking for a replacment ...
also mark striet has Tendonitis in both his knee's
will miss frank more than striet ... bob got a holes to fill ...

were goona need a number 5 guy and a number 7 guy ...

jp cote is the number 7 guy who will be the number 4 or 5 guy?
First, there's no reason to assume Coté can't fill Bouillon's shoes IMO. He proved capable last year when paired with Komisarek, and although he doesn't bring as much offense as Bouillon, which is already pretty low, he does a very good, at least comparable job defensively and physically. I think he'll fill the bottom pair quite well alongside Dandenault in a limited role. I'm a Coté believer.

So far all this means is we might need to trade for depth during training camp if none of Bouillon and Streit look like they'll start the year. Maybe Bob will choose to do so sooner, but that doesn't mean we should go after a top-4 Dman, because Bouillon himself is no top-4.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Belso

4 to 6 weeks is normal. He'll be back and hopefully in even better health. Good luck Frank!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 04:06 PM
bayrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
First, there's no reason to assume Coté can't fill Bouillon's shoes IMO. He proved capable last year when paired with Komisarek, and although he doesn't bring as much offense as Bouillon, which is already pretty low, he does a very good, at least comparable job defensively and physically. I think he'll fill the bottom pair quite well alongside Dandenault in a limited role. I'm a Coté believer.

So far all this means is we might need to trade for depth during training camp if none of Bouillon and Streit look like they'll start the year. Maybe Bob will choose to do so sooner, but that doesn't mean we should go after a top-4 Dman, because Bouillon himself is no top-4.
Me too. He didn't play much last season, but when he did, he really impressed me. I think he can go as high as a #5 D in this league (or on the Habs) if he can give a good effort every game.

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 04:07 PM
BigTimer*

Cote will do fine. Bouillon is very replacable.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post

So far all this means is we might need to trade for depth during training camp if none of Bouillon and Streit look like they'll start the year. Maybe Bob will chose to do so sooner, but that doesn't mean we should go after a top-4 Dman, because Bouillon himself is no top-4.

i know he isnt a top 4 but that's where there playing him .boullion is getting top 4 mins

you think cote can step up and play franks minutes? i dunno ... dont get me wrong i love cote and want him on the team this year

if it wasnt for boullion's injury he would have finished 3rd in total icetime on our defense

he was averaging 20:46 a game that was 4 th on our d core

Old
08-02-2006, 04:14 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
i know he isnt a top 4 but that's where there playing him .you think cote can step up and play franks minutes? i dunno ... dont get me wrong i love cote and want him on the team this year

if it wasnt for boullion's injury he would have finished 3rd in total icetime on our defense

he was averaging 20:46 a game that was 4 th on our d core
He won't have to. Play Markov and Souray more if need be. Imo Bouillon shouldn't be playing those kind of minutes anyway but that's just my opinion. That said if he's not ready for the start of the season, then have Markov and Souray play a little more and use Cote/Streit combo (since it sounds like Streit's knees are just minor injury) There's always the chance Jancevski outplays one and works his way into the lineup if Bouillon can't go, although I don't expect that. Plus I still think that Gainey gets one or two more defensemen for Hamilton if possible.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Marksman

Personally I'm counting on Komisarek becoming our next 20+ minute defenceman, taking Boullion place on the top 4 - so Cote would only need to replace Komisarek effectively.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
Personally I'm counting on Komisarek becoming our next 20+ minute defenceman, taking Boullion place on the top 4 - so Cote would only need to replace Komisarek effectively.
hum Komisarek has been playing near 20 min with Markov for quite some time now...

Madevilz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
hum Komisarek has been playing near 20 min with Markov for quite some time now...
Which is why I believe he will step up from his last season average ice time of 14:40 big time.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Maxpac

We need Emelin the savior now

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Schooner Guy

I'd love to acquire Vishnevski. Opposing forwards always know when Vish is on the ice.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 07:43 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
4-6 weeks? He'll be there for the season opener. Don't worry.
even mid training camp

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 07:34 AM
habscout

Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
IF it was a minor procedure like scoping out his knee, then 4-6 weeks is normal and expected. It would put him close to the start of training camp, and should still allow enough time for him to get into game shape for the start of October. The surgery was probably a similar procedure to what Kovalev had last November.

So far, RDS is the only source reporting this surgery, so I'm still holding my breath.

habscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He won't have to. Play Markov and Souray more if need be. Imo Bouillon shouldn't be playing those kind of minutes anyway but that's just my opinion. That said if he's not ready for the start of the season, then have Markov and Souray play a little more and use Cote/Streit combo (since it sounds like Streit's knees are just minor injury) There's always the chance Jancevski outplays one and works his way into the lineup if Bouillon can't go, although I don't expect that. Plus I still think that Gainey gets one or two more defensemen for Hamilton if possible.
Is Jancevski officially property of the Habs? Now I could be wrong, but wasn't he pretty well regarded by the Stars organization a few years ago?

As for the Bouillon injury, I agree with you. People overrated his presence on this team big time IMO, he's a bottom pairing guy, he's not the glue to our defense. Although i've kind of grown to like Bouillon as I was never his biggest fan, but I can't discount the great season he had.

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Cote will do fine. Bouillon is very replacable.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 09:56 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Is Jancevski officially property of the Habs? Now I could be wrong, but wasn't he pretty well regarded by the Stars organization a few years ago?

As for the Bouillon injury, I agree with you. People overrated his presence on this team big time IMO, he's a bottom pairing guy, he's not the glue to our defense. Although i've kind of grown to like Bouillon as I was never his biggest fan, but I can't discount the great season he had.
Jancevski is a Hab, so he'll have to clear waivers to play in Hamilton vs Manlow who's not on an AHL contract so he doesn't have to clear waivers. Jancevski 2 years ago was named top defensemen in Hamilton by the players. He was solid in his own end, a little on the slow side imo. But he's big and strong, and I like how he sticks up for his teammates. I was surprised that the Stars let him go since from what I understand he had a decent season last year in Iowa.

Old
08-03-2006, 10:52 AM
saskhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Jancevski is a Hab, so he'll have to clear waivers to play in Hamilton vs Manlow who's not on an AHL contract so he doesn't have to clear waivers. Jancevski 2 years ago was named top defensemen in Hamilton by the players. He was solid in his own end, a little on the slow side imo. But he's big and strong, and I like how he sticks up for his teammates. I was surprised that the Stars let him go since from what I understand he had a decent season last year in Iowa.
The Stars right now have about 8 guys that should be in their top 6, so Jancevski became expendable, a "dime a dozen" guy. That being said, we need guys like those to call up.

saskhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 11:04 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab View Post
The Stars right now have about 8 guys that should be in their top 6, so Jancevski became expendable, a "dime a dozen" guy. That being said, we need guys like those to call up.
Still don't see why they released him, leave him in the system for Iowa. Some said he was their top defensemen in Iowa last year. I understand they have a lot of depth already but it would make Iowa that much stronger. I'm glad they let him go, I suspect he will be Hamilton's top defensemen and since the dogs are so weak on defense, it should be great for them to get him, especially if they lose Cote to the Habs for any extended period.