HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks @ Avs |3/18/2013| 7pm | To Tank or Not to Tank, is the question?

Old
03-19-2013, 10:37 AM
henchman24
If and if...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Fourth straight game of a save percentage well under 90% for Varlamov. He is just so streaky, but then again our team is a flaming bag of crap.
I don't blame Varly for many of the goals. He is just being killed with poor defensive play. Now if we were playing at least decent defense in front of him I would start to put some blame on him. You can tell he is frustrated with how it is all going... look at when he just threw the puck to the corner last night.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:46 AM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Fourth straight game of a save percentage well under 90% for Varlamov. He is just so streaky, but then again our team is a flaming bag of crap.
Hardly his fault. Almost all of those plays had cringe-worthy defensive mistakes. Take the fourth goal for example... PAP is too busy crying to get into position. Stastny and Mitchell have a huge miscommunication and Seabrook walks untouched into the slot.

The first goal was laughably bad for our entire team. Johnson made a poorly timed hit on the second goal which opened up the 2 on 1 that was finished on a pretty nice shot. Johnson got flat out beat on the 3rd goal (and where in the world was his support?!). Just embarrassing all around. The last goal might have been on Varly, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because it was an unmolested Toews.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:54 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

No goal yesterday was Varlamov's fault when you have defenseman looking to hit causing a 2-on-1: EJ. Having a defenseman on that 2-on-1 play the gap control of Toews who he thought was a possible leopard: Zanon. Having a defenseman with fantastic puck poise that does nothing except generate scoring chances for the Hawks: Hunwick. Having a defenseman play half of the game without a stick: O'Byrne. And having a defenseman think he so cool out there that he thinks he is the second coming of #4: O'Brien.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:00 AM
RockLobster
Jon Snow, Uneducated

vCash: 844
Quote:
I think it's a combo of the entire team playing bad, and the fact that I can't recall the last time he had a night off from a game? The started Giguere, but Varly replaced him in the 2nd.

I still think a Full-Time goalie coach would do wonders for both Varlamov and Giguere. Someone who only concentrates on them, and helps them work on their flaws...but I guess the Avalanche organization doesn't feel the same way.

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Did I seriously hear a "Let's Go Blackhawks" chant for a prolonged period of time or was I already asleep and dreaming that?
You heard it like five times. You could have been dreaming, but it would have woke you up it was so loud.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
You heard it like five times. You could have been dreaming, but it would have woke you up it was so loud.

I don't care how bad the team is playing, Avs fans should have drowned them out in boo's at least.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:36 AM
iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
No goal yesterday was Varlamov's fault when you have defenseman looking to hit causing a 2-on-1: EJ. Having a defenseman on that 2-on-1 play the gap control of Toews who he thought was a possible leopard: Zanon. Having a defenseman with fantastic puck poise that does nothing except generate scoring chances for the Hawks: Hunwick. Having a defenseman play half of the game without a stick: O'Byrne. And having a defenseman think he so cool out there that he thinks he is the second coming of #4: O'Brien.
You forgot about Hejda... who is too afraid to make a mistake but keeps making them anyway.

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:38 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
I agree here with many others, can't blame Varly on those goals. He's just hung out to dry there.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:38 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
I don't know if Roy scaring them into playing better is a good solution. They are already admitting that they have no confidence and that they are scared to make mistakes.

Sacco is probably a pretty scary guy.
You wouldnt think that. I mean the guys love playing for a losing coach. Thats more scary then anything. Also Freud that gif exemplifies just how bad Zanon is. That play is essentially a 2 on 2 Toews would have had to make an elite foppa like pass to get it to his teammate. He gave Toews about 15 feet of free ice uncontested. It was a perfect shot by Toews so you cant blame Varly the blame her is all on Zanons dumb ass

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:39 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Zanon's 'defense' on the 2-5 goal was fantastic. Back off, back off, "oh hi Varly", I'll just move to the side. Goal. Exit right.

He went full Milford man on us, allowing Toews every bit of ice he would ever want.

Do you have a gif of Zanon on the 2-0 goal? Someone on here needs to see it

Old
03-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Razor29
0-0-0

Quote:
Dat D.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post

I don't care how bad the team is playing, Avs fans should have drowned them out in boo's at least.
They did the first time, but then just stopped caring the next four or five times after that. It was really sad, especially when the Hawks broadcast pulled back on their camera at the end of the game, and the arena was more than half full with Hawk fans giving a standing ovation.

The Hawks should have done the customary stick wave thing at center ice that every team does after they win at home. That would have really stuck the dagger in.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Nihiliste

Blackhawk chants don't have anything on when we hear "let's go red wings" or "go wings go" at home

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:09 PM
marioni

Quote:
With our Dmen playing like they did yesterday, it's amazing his SV% was over 50%..

Time to write off the season. Tank and get a top 3 pick.

marioni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:15 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Varly has still been one of our best players in these games, he was certainly our best last night. No question about it.

RobinDIF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:17 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Guys, I wasn't throwing him under the bus or anything. I didn't say any goals were his fault, I said our team is a flaming bag of crap. It must be frustrating as hell for him, the inconsistency is of course attributed a large part to the donkeys stumbling around in front of him.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:40 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Guys, I wasn't throwing him under the bus or anything. I didn't say any goals were his fault, I said our team is a flaming bag of crap. It must be frustrating as hell for him, the inconsistency is of course attributed a large part to the donkeys stumbling around in front of him.
I think him throwing the puck in the corner after a save showed us this much last night. He had next to no chance on any of the goals scored on him and I shutter to think whats going on in his mind when he looks in front of him and sees the names Zanon, ROB, and Hunwick. It honestly wouldnt shock me if he ends up in Yaroslavl after his contract is done especially if they dont try to improve the team within the next few yrs. Instead of talking about a future star goalie we might be talking about what could have been had Varlamov not been ruind by the Colorado Avalanche.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Avs
Bozak + 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
I think him throwing the puck in the corner after a save showed us this much last night. He had next to no chance on any of the goals scored on him and I shutter to think whats going on in his mind when he looks in front of him and sees the names Zanon, ROB, and Hunwick. It honestly wouldnt shock me if he ends up in Yaroslavl after his contract is done especially if they dont try to improve the team within the next few yrs. Instead of talking about a future star goalie we might be talking about what could have been had Varlamov not been ruind by the Colorado Avalanche.
Do you have a video of that? I quit watching the game and didn't see it.

Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:51 PM
AvalancheFan19

Quote:
Most blocked shots in the league. Combined with being 27th in the league for shots against, averaging at 32.4. I forget the stat, but it's something along the lines of most shots allowed within a 10 foot radius of the net. I mean.. are people serious when questioning the guy?

4 names.. Hunwick, O'Byrne, Zannon and O'Brien. Good luck Varly, feel terrible for the guy. Also, whenever I go to other teams GDT there's usually more than a few of these posts: "If it wasn't for Varalmov it would have been this score".

AvalancheFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:53 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
I don't see him going back to Russia. He is ultra competitive and wants to play in the best league in the world. Now he may want out to another team, but I see us being far better next year and him wanting to stay here.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:14 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

vCash: 2000
Is there a gif or vid of the goaltender interference no call?

Its so frustrating that the Avs aren't just terrible, they never get calls to go their way when the correct call should go their way.

This **** with the refs has been going on for two years now. WTF do they have against us? I remember at the end of the season last year, the stats on the Avs was something like they had the fewest PP's for of any team in the league by twice as few. That doesn't just happen, are we supposed to believe that the Avs simply always play a team when they are on their best behavior? WTFever

**** you NHL refs, **** you

AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Jeff_Dyck_#1
Est. MMII

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
**** you NHL refs, **** you

No one respects losing teams.

Jeff_Dyck_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:31 PM
wondeROY

Where was Wilson??

I didn't get to watch most of this game and now i'm thankful, but I noticed Wilson was out, is his ankle jacked again??

wondeROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:34 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondeROY View Post
Where was Wilson??

I didn't get to watch most of this game and now i'm thankful, but I noticed Wilson was out, is his ankle jacked again??
He got hit with a puck on the bench, and just a guess here, maybe not fully ready to come back from the high ankle sprain.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Hesher
road to ruin

vCash: 2687
- I don't know if it's Sacco or the players but this team just never seems to be ready at the start of a game

- somebody should tell O'Byrne that he is allowed to throw big hits against other teams too

- this Hejda isn't even close to the Hejda that played so well with Barrie

- I feel sorry for Varlamov. No matter how many good saves he makes he will give up 3+ goals because the defense is just that bad

- loved Rycroft's analysis in the 1st intermission. Wonder what his bosses thought about it because it wasn't exactly the usual Altitude sunshine and rainbows stuff

Hesher is offline   Reply With Quote