HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tough Sledding

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-19-2013, 03:38 PM
  #101
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Because he has no offense in his game. Does anyone believe he does? I remember when he scored those two playoff goals and a bunch of people went into a frenzy about him being a top-6 winger. Problem was, those were two very flukey goals, and it was obvious even then that the guy had no offense.
Not that it isn't true of every guy, but he was a pretty nice offensive player at lower levels. I am surprised he has this much trouble, but I think TFC is correct in pointing out his release as a trouble spot and it has gotten progressively worse as he has starting gripping the stick too hard over the last couple years.

I never really thought he would be more than a pretty useful bottom six player. But I have to admit I thought he would have a couple big 40 point years over his career where he had some puck luck and what not. That appears impossible to see these days, I still think he has a little more talent than people around here think and his versatility shouldn't be dismissed. No way do I keep a Miller or Eaves over Gator.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:39 PM
  #102
TatarTangle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 2,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
They are bigger than the 5'11'' 175 that Tatar rings up at. And I think Cleary is a prime example of what happens when smaller guys consistently try to play a bigger game. You can't tell me that part of the reason he's had such a hard time staying healthy is that he's played a game his body wasn't suited for.

And I agree, I'd put Tatar or Gus on Datsyuk's wing now.
I said this a month ago citing that the puck control on that line would be ridiculous but got laughed at because that line would be toosmall. Because, you know, Abdelkader and Dan Cleary are realgood.

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:47 PM
  #103
jaster
I pay off the mods.
 
jaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
I didn't see a lot of Abdelkader in college. But I know he scored clutch goals. Then he comes up for the playoffs and scores goals. (now he's 16 playoff games without a point!)

I can't remember the last non-goon Red Wing with so little skill.
Uhhhh. Matt Ellis?

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:58 PM
  #104
Flowah
Registered User
 
Flowah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake View Post
I said this a month ago citing that the puck control on that line would be ridiculous but got laughed at because that line would be toosmall. Because, you know, Abdelkader and Dan Cleary are realgood.
Who laughed? I think plenty of people on this board have been clamoring for Nyquist/Tatar to be given some real time with Datsyuk.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:13 PM
  #105
TatarTangle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 2,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Who laughed? I think plenty of people on this board have been clamoring for Nyquist/Tatar to be given some real time with Datsyuk.
I forget, it was in the post your own line-up thread ages ago. They both can create their own offense and get open for Datsyuk. Yea, yea I know Datsyuk likes to play with "big bodies" but that just equates to him doing all the work himself and using Abdlekader as a backboard.

Babcock can try to "grind" out wins all he wants but this team isn't built to "grind." Now, if he's gonna "grind" it out to get Seth Jones I won't argue...

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:13 PM
  #106
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Uhhhh. Matt Ellis?
Yeah. But Matt Ellis didn't get resigned for 4 years.
Maybe Lebda on defense

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:42 PM
  #107
jaster
I pay off the mods.
 
jaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Yeah. But Matt Ellis didn't get resigned for 4 years.
Maybe Lebda on defense
Hadn't considered defense. Lebda's a good choice.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 05:03 PM
  #108
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
I didn't see a lot of Abdelkader in college. But I know he scored clutch goals. Then he comes up for the playoffs and scores goals. (now he's 16 playoff games without a point!)

I can't remember the last non-goon Red Wing with so little skill.
Player A first 37 playoff games as a Wing: 3G 2A 5P
Player B first 37 playoff games as a Wing: 3G 9A 12P

No doubt player B is better of course 6 of those assists came in a primary top 6 role. As player B is of course Datsyuk. So Abdelkader has scored exactly as many goals as Datsyuk to this point in their playoff careers, he is certainly trending the wrong way, just pointing out this playoff point on Abdelkader while alarming is something to be careful on really stamping on. Especially given the leeway you give one of the slowest starting superstars playoff careers ever, hopping up and down mad when it is suggested Zetterberg is a better playoff player.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 05:15 PM
  #109
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Player A first 37 playoff games as a Wing: 3G 2A 5P
Player B first 37 playoff games as a Wing: 3G 9A 12P

No doubt player B is better of course 6 of those assists came in a primary top 6 role. As player B is of course Datsyuk. So Abdelkader has scored exactly as many goals as Datsyuk to this point in their playoff careers, he is certainly trending the wrong way, just pointing out this playoff point on Abdelkader while alarming is something to be careful on really stamping on. Especially given the leeway you give one of the slowest starting superstars playoff careers ever, hopping up and down mad when it is suggested Zetterberg is a better playoff player.
What the heck are you talking about?
How many times have I said to you ... "Your opinion on THIS is faulty because you also have this opinion."

You guys can't help yourselves, can you?

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 05:16 PM
  #110
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
What the heck are you talking about?
That Abdelkader has the exact same number of goals through his first 37 career playoff games as Datsyuk.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.