HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexander Burmistrov

Old
03-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 500
I agree anyone who calls Burmi an offensive center probably has no clue about what kind of a player Burmi is.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Burmistrov is the next Datsyuk according to some Jets fans so he will likely cost a 1st + top 6 roster player

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:16 PM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Burmistrov is the next Datsyuk according to some Jets fans so he will likely cost a 1st + top 6 roster player
same value as Mikael Grandlund!

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:25 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
You've gone and confused yourself while trying to type something clever . Scouts have compared Burmistrov's defensive ability and stickhandling to Datsyuk, we didn't come up with that. Burmi has a long way to go, either way.

Still haven't heard from OP re: source of rumors

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:26 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
same value as Mikael Grandlund!
Very similar values. 21 years old taken one pick apart. Niether is a top 6 NHL player. Burmistrov is much better defensively and as proven as much as Granlund offensively. How do they have different values?

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Very similar values. 21 years old taken one pick apart. Niether is a top 6 NHL player. Burmistrov is much better defensively and as proven as much as Granlund offensively. How do they have different values?
you need to give it up. it's not close. i'm not sure if Burmi saved your mom from a car wreck or something but you overvalue him so much

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 12:51 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
you need to give it up. it's not close. i'm not sure if Burmi saved your mom from a car wreck or something but you overvalue him so much
Cool post dude. Great argument here. "He's better cause I say he is"

I have no idea why you're holding it against Burmistrov that he wasn't excelling in the NHL at 19 or 20, when Granlund wasn't either

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:11 PM
SCP Guy

Burmi has more then enough talent to fill a top 9 role on this Jets team.....He has been free lancing too much for the coaches liking and has been given a week off in the press box to think about it

Don't think he will be moved as his value is below what he is worth to the Jets IMO

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:39 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 831
Quote:
This is still carrying over from the other thread? Someone says he has "similar" value as Granlund - a statement not at all ridiculous - and one Flames fan absolutely loses his ****. You've made your point (that you're upset but unwilling to back up your opinion with facts or even detailed assessment of their play), you're not swaying anyone who didn't already agree with you.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:58 PM
pegcity

Burminstrov characteristics for those who are unfamiliar with him:

The Good:

*Sound defensively
*Plays on PK (with Kane) or did before he got benched
*Young - still has the possibility of becoming a key asset
*occasionally shows impressive offensive ability - Can do things with the puck that no else on the team can do (stick handling etc.)

The Bad:

*Inconsistent - Some times looks like a future selke candidate, sometimes looks like he won't be playing the league very much longer
*Not good in faceoffs
*Seems to get pushed around at times (undersized)
*immature - makes decisions at times that show his age (tries to put on a show)

Burminstov development seems to have been rushed by the Atlanta franchise and as a result Burmi hasn't had the opportunity to develop properly.

I'd personally live and die with him. His trade value isn't good right now and he probably won't fetch very much.

pegcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
Burmistrov for Niedereiter +
You're not getting a + with Nino for Burmi (who's about to hit RFA).

Any interest in Okposo? Maybe add a small + with it.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Huffer

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Is Burmistrov good defensively? Why is he scratched?

I remember watching two early season Jets games and he looked great in both those games...I thought he would break out this year.
Burmistrov is great defensively. He is excellent on the PK. The PK started to turn around once they put Burmi and Kane on it.

As for being scratched, it's not because he was playing bad and hurting the team. If someone recorded the 3 star selections this year he would probably be top 5 on the team.

My summary on why he was held out: Burmistrov was rushed to the NHL. He should have played a season or two more in the CHL, and as such, this should have been his first NHL season. As a result, he didn't get all the good habits ingrained in his head that he might have if he had good coaching in junior. Because he has exceptional talent and stick-handling, his natural inclination is to hold on to the puck and try to carry it too long. At the beginning of the season, it looked like he was following the system and doing what the coaches wanted (dump it in, don't hold on to the puck and possibly turn it over, simplify, north /south, etc), but over the last few games before his benching seemed to drift back to his more freewheeling ways. The benching to me is no more than the coach trying to use it as a learning tool. Noel's comments have always been positive about Burmistrov, and it appears that the kid has a high work ethic. Hopefully he used his time in the press box to better understand what the coaching staff wants to see from him. At the very least it's great to get him back to help on the PK.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:06 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Who said that?

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Brassard for Burmistrov would be something I'd explore if I was Jarmo Kekkalainen. He'd fit in nicely with Anisimov and our other Russians.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:02 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
You're not getting a + with Nino for Burmi (who's about to hit RFA).

Any interest in Okposo? Maybe add a small + with it.
Yes, please. My homer glasses are making it tough for me to decide which side adds the +.

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote