HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres Prospect Index 2012-2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 10:44 AM
OcAirlines

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Ladislav Nagy...now there's a name I haven't seen in a long time...

Does Ullmark play one more year in Europe or does he come over next season to Rochester?
I believe he'll stay in Europe for at least one more year, he has a contract in MODO next season and if I remember correctly the Sabres are planning to honor that contract. Some quality playing time in the SEL will probably be better for his development than being a backup in the AHL anyway.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:46 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Ladislav Nagy...now there's a name I haven't seen in a long time...
Euro games this time of the year are good for one or two of those names per game.

Quote:
Does Ullmark play one more year in Europe or does he come over next season to Rochester?
I believe he re-upped his contract with MODO, so I'd say Sweden still if they're giving him regular SEL time .. jfb392 probably recalls his contract situation better though.

Game 4 Highlights (#30 in red): http://www.elitserienplay.se/video.1....2235955998001

Ullmark Interview (in SWE): http://www.elitserienplay.se/video.1....2236011453001

Old
03-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Tachycineta

I don't know if the Sabres will sign him to an ELC but anyway we give Jacobs an early look in Rochester with an ATO? He rebounded pretty nicely after his injury raddled and inconsistent 2011-2012 season.

http://www.pgcougars.com/article/cou...ss-to-kamloops

2010 bandwagon jumper- Go Habs and Bruins!
Old
03-19-2013, 11:40 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Eaves addresses media before WCHA Final Five:
Quote:
Question: Could you update us on Jake McCabe and Derek Lee, their chances of playing this weekend?

Eaves: Hopefully Derek is going to be able to get on the ice today. We'll both check that out this [week], make sure we're on the same page.

And young Jake is getting looked at right now. He's over at the hospital getting some tests done. We'll find out to what degree he is laid up, will be the best way. We'll know more by practice time today.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:24 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
I believe he re-upped his contract with MODO, so I'd say Sweden still if they're giving him regular SEL time .. jfb392 probably recalls his contract situation better though.
He's under contract until the end of the 2014-15 season and his rights expire 6/1/2014, so I don't know what they'll do with that year.

Safe to say they should opt to let him stay in Sweden for 2013-14 though, as he's only played 15 career pro games and they may as well continue evaluating him.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Has Assat started its playoffs yet? I feel like I haven't heard much about Armia over the last week.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:32 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Has Assat started its playoffs yet? I feel like I haven't heard much about Armia over the last week.
They play their first game tomorrow.

The delay was caused by the two best of three wildcard rounds to determine the final two playoff teams.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
They play their first game tomorrow.

The delay was caused by the two best of three wildcard rounds to determine the final two playoff teams.
Gracias. Is their first series a best-of-seven? Who will they be matching up against?

Old
03-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Gracias. Is their first series a best-of-seven? Who will they be matching up against?
Yes, the quarterfinals are best-of-seven .. Aces play Kalpa .. translated from their site:
Quote:
KalPa is a tight package of experience and skill. Guard your own team of experienced lots of experience at the NHL and KHL games until the solution:

Goalie Pekka Tuokkola (SM-gold 2009), the defenders of Antti Halonen (SM-gold 2010), the Marko Kauppinen (2x Silver medal), Adam Masuhr (Elitserien-gold 2007), as well as the attackers Jukka Hentunen (KHL Championship 2009, the Swiss championship 2006 ), Jyri Junnila (SM-gold 2007, SM-3 medals), Tommi Miettinen (SM-gold 1999) and Sami Kapanen, who played in the SM-finals KalPa shirt in the spring of 1991, bringing the team a huge playoff experience.

Skill-ward the number one team in Pori cannon is Sakari Salminen, a banging body a series of 55 power points and was clearly the team's most efficient scorer. In addition, emerging Petri Sheep Island, Kalle Kerman, and huippulupaavat Kasperi Kapanen and Artturi Lehkonen.

KalPa infirmary is preliminary information only Jukka Voutilainen.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:49 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 324
TV Info - WCHA Conference Tournament - "Final Five" - Thursday, March 21-Saturday, March 23 -
Quarterfinals/Semifinals/Championship Final - Xcel Energy Center - St. Paul, Minnesota.
(Featuring Sabres prospects - Jake McCabe-Wisconsin (hopefully) and Christian Isackson-Minnesota)

Thursday, March 21 - 3:00 pm ET - Quarterfinal #1 - #5-Minnesota State vs #4-Wisconsin - TV: LIVE - FS North/FCS Central.
8:00 pm ET - Quarterfinal #2 - #6-Colorado College vs #3-North Dakota - TV: LIVE - FS North/FCS Central.

Friday, March 22 - 3:00 pm ET - Semifinal #1 - #5-Minnesota State/#4-Wisconsin Winner vs #1-St. Cloud State - TV: LIVE - FSN/FCS Central.
8:00 pm ET - Semifinal #2 - #6-Colorado College/#3-North Dakota Winner vs #2-Minnesota - TV: LIVE - FS North/FCS Central.

Saturday, March 23 - 8:00 pm ET - Championship Final - Semifinal Winners - TV: LIVE - FS North/FCS Pacific.

TV IDs - FS North = Fox Sports North - FSC Central/Pacific = Fox College Sports Central or Fox College Sports Pacific.

Last edited by LaxSabre: 03-19-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old
03-19-2013, 09:59 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

The latest on McCabe's injury:
Quote:
The prognosis is more hopeful for McCabe, who suffered an undisclosed lower body injury vs. Minnesota-Duluth March 16. He skated on his own prior to a full team practice Tuesday and Eaves said he's hopeful McCabe will be available for drills this afternoon when the Badgers skate at the X.

"It depends on his improvement (Wednesday)," Eaves said of McCabe, the top-scoring defenseman for UW with 18 points (3-15). "He was able to skate (Tuesday). How hard he pushed it I didn't see, but the feedback that was given was positive."

McCabe's physical presence has been huge all season, but especially down the stretch for the Badgers. In addition to being on the top penalty-killing unit, he works the point on the power play. If McCabe can't go, junior Chase Drake will be paired with junior Frankie Simonelli and assume a role on the top power play.

Eaves said it would likely be a game-time decision regarding McCabe, who missed two games in February with an ankle injury.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:55 PM
rabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachycineta View Post
I don't know if the Sabres will sign him to an ELC but anyway we give Jacobs an early look in Rochester with an ATO? He rebounded pretty nicely after his injury raddled and inconsistent 2011-2012 season.

http://www.pgcougars.com/article/cou...ss-to-kamloops
I would say: YES

Old
03-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Catenacci expects rude reception:
Quote:
Daniel Catenacci just smiles when asked about the reception he expects to receive in Sault Ste. Marie.

The former Greyhounds knows fans are going to be loud in welcoming a former first-overall draft pick back to the Soo — especially a pick who asked to be traded and received a one-way ticket to Owen Sound.

“I don’t think they like me as much (as they once did) but that doesn’t matter, I’m there to play hockey and to win,” the Owen Sound Attack centre said before practice Tuesday. “I think just being back in that city, I’ll see a lot of familiar faces.”
Owen Sound open their playoffs tomorrow at home against Sault Ste. Marie at 7:00PM ET.
Quote:
It’s a luxury for Ireland to have arguably his best player be undeniably his hardest worker.

“That is the name of the game nowadays, where your hardest worker is your best player or players,” said Ireland. “The best thing about Daniel is that it doesn’t happen just in games. It happens in practices and off the ice in the gym.”

And it’s a must if you’re going to play for Ireland.

“In order to get rewards here, which is your ice time, you have to be a 200-foot guy,” said Ireland. “You’ve got to backcheck and you’ve got to hit. Nobody is exempt from that.”
Quote:
“If it is my last year (in the OHL) I want to go out with a big bang,” said Catenacci. “I haven’t had the chance to go by the first round and I know the feeling of sitting at home and watching the other teams play in the championship. It definitely sucks. I think I’ve got a chance to do something here with a special group of guys so I’m excited.”

Old
03-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Also worth noting is that the Saskatoon-Medicine Hat WHL series will air on Shaw in Canada, so you can find Makarov in action there.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Ullmark (#30, white) gets the start for MODO in Game 5 ... live web streams: here or here.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Qurpiz
Unregistered Abuser

Ässät won Game 1 against KalPa, 2-1. Armia got an assist on the GWG scored by Niemi, and it was a damn nice one.

Also had one sick dangle, went through 3 players without really moving his feet. 2+2 for high sticking early in the game, too.

Highlights later

Old
03-20-2013, 02:38 PM
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Nice to see a lot of our guys in playoff action.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:34 PM
HOOats

Armia is great to watch, esp. imagining how his game will translate eventually. At times he looked like Vanek, protecting the puck, refreshing cycles and slinging pucks toward the net. Other times he looked Ennis-like strangely enough. The 3-man dangle today reminded me of Ennis dancing around kids in his Medicine Hat film. Shows he's thinking a step ahead of the rest and has the hands/confidence to pull it off. I'm sure there are danglers with more size around the NHL who would be a more apt comparison, just can't think.

Defensive play in SM-Liga seemed strange. Guys were either clumsily barreling in to each other on near-interference plays or just letting guys go instead of continuing to hound them. Didn't pass the eye-test.

Ullmark is locked in a 0-0 game entering OT right now. He's quite impressive, seems quick for a guy with good/ideal size. Anyone know how his performance compares to other young SEL keepers recently? I'd take odds that he starts at least one game for the Sabres in the future...

Old
03-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOats View Post
Ullmark is locked in a 0-0 game entering OT right now. He's quite impressive, seems quick for a guy with good/ideal size. Anyone know how his performance compares to other young SEL keepers recently? I'd take odds that he starts at least one game for the Sabres in the future...
Of course as soon as someone posts Ullmark has a shutout, he loses it on the first shot of OT .. low right circle wrister beats hims short-side, assist came from behind the net .. his SEL season is now over, as MODO have been eliminated .. the MODO J20 team is still alive, so I believe he could still see time there.

Last edited by Woodhouse: 03-20-2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Sarcasm
Old
03-20-2013, 04:00 PM
HOOats

apologies to MODO, jinxes transmitting clear across the globe...maybe I should have mentioned the other goalkeeper as well.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Old
03-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Qurpiz
Unregistered Abuser

Ässät are now up 2-0 in the series after a 0-2 win in Game 2. No points for Armia, was on the ice on the first goal. Average game from him I'd say, flashes of both brilliance and bad play.

Game 3 is on Saturday at... 10am EST? I'm horrible with the time zones

Old
03-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Makarov's Blades came out flat and responded with a strong second, but still trail 2-1 after two periods.

Saskatoon Blades ‏@bladeshockey 1h
Tigers have the first goal of the series as Cox beats Makarov high glove side. 1-0 Medicine Hat at 11:55.

Saskatoon Blades ‏@bladeshockey 1h
Tigers make it a 2-0 game as Shinkaruk goes backhand on a breakaway.

Les Lazaruk ‏@Bladesvoice 1h
After 1 period, @tigershockey lead @bladeshockey 2-0. Goals from Trevor Cox and Hunter Shinkaruk. Shots 12-5 M.H. Great road period!

Saskatoon Blades ‏@bladeshockey 9m
Blades score the lone goal of the period and trail 2-1 through 40 minutes. Shots are now 28-21 for Saskatoon after the big period.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:59 PM
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Nice vision from Armia on that assist, I like it.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:51 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 324
Saskatoon Blades ‏@bladeshockey - Tigers make it a two goal game again as Pearce beats Makarov on the odd-man rush.
3-1 Medicine Hat in the 3rd period.

Saskatoon Blades ‏@bladeshockey - Blades ring one off the post in the dying minutes, the 4th one of the night for Saskatoon.
Still 3-1 Tigers with 1:50 to play.

Saskatoon Blades ‏@bladeshockey - There's the buzzer. The Tigers win Game 1 - 4-1 here in Saskatoon after a late empty netter.

Saskatoon Blades ‏@bladeshockey - Blades drop Game One to Tigers, despite 43 shots on goal.

Blades Tamed By Tigers In Game One - Saskatoon Blades Website - SaskatoonBlades.com - Thursday, Mar 21.

The Saskatoon Blades dropped Game One of their WHL Playoff series against the Medicine Hat Tigers on Wednesday night, despite peppering the Tigers and Cam Lanigan with 43 shots on goal. (LS: Lone Saskatoon goal was scored via the power-play by Shane McColgan late second period.) Andrey Makarov made 29 saves in the loss. Game #2 - Friday night at 9:00 pm ET.
http://www.saskatoonblades.com/artic...rs-in-game-one

Game Summary Boxscore - WHL Website - WHL.ca - http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/64387
Game Scorers GameSheet - WHL Website - WHL.ca - http://www.whl.ca/schedule/scoresheet/game/64387
Game Text Boxscore - WHL Website - WHL.ca - http://www.whl.ca/schedule/text/game/64387

Last edited by LaxSabre: 03-22-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Closed Thread