HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado/Buffalo -Ennis for Statsny

Old
03-19-2013, 02:18 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Colorado/Buffalo -Ennis for Statsny

Buffalo adds a veteran center who can actually take a faceoff but whose offensive numbers really don't match his cap number the past couple of years

Colorado adds a much younger dynamic Center/winger who can provide some speed and playmaking.

Their production has been similar over the last 3 years, though, Ennis has never hit the 70+ pt numbers that he put up early in his career.

Discuss

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Iracundia

Avs have enough small players. Add the fact that Hishon will be playing now with the Monsters makes this deal even less appealing.

Iracundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:23 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

No thanks. We really need defense back if we are trading Stastny.

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:24 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Why do we want to pay an extra $3.5 million for a player who produces less?

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:24 PM
SlugLife978

Dear God no. Want no part of Stastny with that contract.

SlugLife978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:25 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Colorado would be best served if they trade Stastny for defense and draft Drouin. Calgary is a good trade partner for them.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Colorado would be best served if they trade Stastny for defense and draft Drouin. Calgary is a good trade partner for them.
Colorado will draft Seth Jones if he's on the board when they're picking without a doubt in my mind, he's just what this team needs, a big defenseman with franchise potential, can play both sides off the ice and to top it all of he's an Avs fan whose favourite player is Joe Sakic. Plus they have another gem in the rough with Sgarbossa down in the AHL who could replace Paulie down the road.

The ideal scenario for the Avs this offseason would be:

- O'Reilly, Duchene, EJ, Varlamov all re-signed to new long term deals
- Stastny traded for JBo, replaced by Sgarbossa in the depth chart with Radar and Duchene becoming the true top 6 centers
- Sacco fired and replaced by someone from the Roy/Martin/Cooper/Eakins quartet
- draft Seth Jones if he's on the board when they're picking
- trade some of the depth defensemen from the NHL roster (Zanon, O'Brien, Wilson)
That would give them a defense that would look something like this in the next season:

JBo-EJ
Hejda-Barrie
Jones-Elliott
Wilson/O'Brien

And it could look like this down the road:

Jones-EJ
JBo-Barrie
Siemens-Elliott

Of course this is a fantasy, but with a bit of luck and by making some moves on the trade market it could happen.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:54 PM
tsujimoto74

No thanks. Not interested in adding more overpaid players to this roster (we already have plenty of guys failing to live up to their cap hit), especially since Ennis is the better player per dollar right now. Nor am I really interested in trading away youth for anything other than youth. If we move Ennis, I'd rather it be in a deal for a similar-aged defenseman or a shutdown center.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:55 PM
avsfansince95

Stastny needs to be traded for a d... its the only way he is traded.

avsfansince95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
No we aren't. We need to dump cap, not add to our problem. We do need a center, but not one being outplayed by Matt Stajan at twice the cost.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Colorado will draft Seth Jones if he's on the board when they're picking without a doubt in my mind, he's just what this team needs, a big defenseman with franchise potential, can play both sides off the ice and to top it all of he's an Avs fan whose favourite player is Joe Sakic. Plus they have another gem in the rough with Sgarbossa down in the AHL who could replace Paulie down the road.

- Stastny traded for JBo, replaced by Sgarbossa in the depth chart with Radar and Duchene becoming the true top 6 centers
- trade some of the depth defensemen from the NHL roster (Zanon, O'Brien, Wilson)
That would give them a defense that would look something like this in the next season:

JBo-EJ
Hejda-Barrie
Jones-Elliott
Wilson/O'Brien

Jones-EJ
JBo-Barrie
Siemens-Elliott

Of course this is a fantasy, but with a bit of luck and by making some moves on the trade market it could happen.
Why would we trade JBo now that he is finally performing for a player with the same contract who isn't? Stastny gets worse every year and JBo is finally earning his paycheque. If we move JBo it would be for some youth and a cap dump. If Stastny is the cap dump there had better be some good young pieces/picks coming back.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:01 PM
sabresfan129103

The last thing the Sabres need is another over paid under producing forward. No thanks.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:06 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:

JBo-EJ
Hejda-Barrie
Jones-Elliott
Wilson/O'Brien

Jones-EJ
JBo-Barrie
Siemens-Elliott

True, I just don't see you guys getting the top pick.

I just hope Sacco gets an extension since we'll be division rivals.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Zip15

Quote:

If that's the case, you guys are permitted to out-tank us. No rope-a-dope, though. I don't want to see you guys drafting MacKinnon or Drouin!

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
True, I just don't see you guys getting the top pick.

I just hope Sacco gets an extension since we'll be division rivals.
Well his contract runs until 2014, so we can look forward to seeing him play sieves like Zanon, O'Byrne and O'Brien over Tyson Barrie who was our best defenseman while EJ was out for quite some time

There's been some rumblings that Pierre Lacroix already reached out to Patrick Roy in attempts to hire him as the Avs HC.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:18 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
No we aren't. We need to dump cap, not add to our problem. We do need a center, but not one being outplayed by Matt Stajan at twice the cost.
I was just basing it on your managements desire to not actually rebuild and go after roster players. Something around JayBo and Stastny can make sense based on that. Not saying I agree with that philosophy though.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
If that's the case, you guys are permitted to out-tank us. No rope-a-dope, though. I don't want to see you guys drafting MacKinnon or Drouin!
We have a deal good sir!

Old
03-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
I was just basing it on your managements desire to not actually rebuild and go after roster players. Something around JayBo and Stastny can make sense based on that. Not saying I agree with that philosophy though.
That's fair. It's certainly been our history. I seriously hope it's not our future, but each day I grow less surprised with ownerships unwillingness to see reality. If we don't move out our expiring contracts at minimum and hopefully more, I'll be very disappointed.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:27 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

No thanks.

It's all about getting/staying younger in Buffalo right now.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote