HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Jonathan Bernier

Old
03-18-2013, 05:36 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
first of all, hasek is 6'1'', bernier is 5'11''.
second of all, even if he were the same heigh, he's not dominik hasek.
JB was 5'11" when he was drafted, he has grown an inch since then and is now just a hair over 6' tall. He has also gained weight/muscle mass since he was drafted too. He isn't Hasek but if the argument is that JB is too small to make it there are several goalies in the game who are 6' tall.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:37 PM
KingKopitar11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
28 goals, 49 points last year playing mostly on the 3rd line.

10 goals, 20 points this year playing on the 2nd line.

Because what he offered for you, 2 seasons ago as a 22 year old playing 13 minutes a game with virtually no PP time is what he offers and brings now, and in the future.
You guys are on the east and your team is all about offense. Completely different systems. It's expected don't tell me his stats on the east because they are irrelevant to the kings and the west. He didn't have PP time cause he didn't deserve it.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
You guys are on the east and your team is all about offense. Completely different systems. It's expected don't tell me his stats on the east because they are irrelevant to the kings and the west. He didn't have PP time cause he didn't deserve it.
I'm not sure what this little spat is about, and I wouldn't disagree that the Flyers system is a bit more conducive to offensive production than the Kings (), but wouldn't you admit that it is possible Simmonds has progressed to be more than the sandpaper type guy he was in LA?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:46 PM
KingKopitar11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I'm not sure what this little spat is about, and I wouldn't disagree that the Flyers system is a bit more conducive to offensive production than the Kings (), but wouldn't you admit that it is possible Simmonds has progressed to be more than the sandpaper type guy he was in LA?
He changed his game to fit the flyers of course. Systems need players to adapt, he's great for you guys, good for him. But he most likely wouldn't be able to do it here if he came back.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:47 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
I catch allot of Flyer games (connection to LS/BS) and I think that you are 100% right when you say that Simmonds has progressed. He had the skills in L A but he has put it all together in Philly. Solid young player.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:48 PM
Brooklanders*

Quote:
Why would the Islanders do that?
As an Islander fan I would make that deal.
If the Kings prefer Bailey then fine or if they rather have Bailey and Okposo then we will take a 3rd rd pick back.The NYI have forward prospects in the system. We have D prospects as well. THe weakest link is the lack of young goaltending with no starter present for the future. We like Nabby but for one or two years and that is it. I am aware that this free agent class of netminders is tempting but I have liked Bernier since he entered the draft.

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:50 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
JB was 5'11" when he was drafted, he has grown an inch since then and is now just a hair over 6' tall. He has also gained weight/muscle mass since he was drafted too. He isn't Hasek but if the argument is that JB is too small to make it there are several goalies in the game who are 6' tall.
Like Fasth. If he was not 30 he would be a rookie of the year candidate.

tsanuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:16 PM
Luc Gretzky

This is just my speculation, but one scenario I could imagine Lombardi looking at is to trade at the draft for a top 10-15 pick (as Bernier was 11th overall). Kings have traded a lot of high picks in the last few years, and with Toffoli about to graduate to the NHL, he will be looking to add a top prospect to the pipeline. Dean is particular in the traits he looks for in players, and is more interested in finding determination over pure skill, and wants the "Kings Tattoo" branded "on their butt" (his words, not mine!).

What cellar dwelling teams would want a future franchise goaltender for a high 1st? Calgary? Will buffallo really move Miller? NYI?

Luc Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:20 PM
YP44

Quote:
I think that this was where his natural progression was going. Reguardless of destination.

YP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:31 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc Gretzky View Post
This is just my speculation, but one scenario I could imagine Lombardi looking at is to trade at the draft for a top 10-15 pick (as Bernier was 11th overall). Kings have traded a lot of high picks in the last few years, and with Toffoli about to graduate to the NHL, he will be looking to add a top prospect to the pipeline. Dean is particular in the traits he looks for in players, and is more interested in finding determination over pure skill, and wants the "Kings Tattoo" branded "on their butt" (his words, not mine!).

What cellar dwelling teams would want a future franchise goaltender for a high 1st? Calgary? Will buffallo really move Miller? NYI?
But that same move can be made at the draft.
I also don't see DL wanting to move him in division maybe within the conference. And Calgary will be within division next year.

tsanuri is offline   Reply With Quote