HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Prison Break: Jake Gardiner Freed

Old
03-19-2013, 03:49 PM
jbell886

vCash: 135

jbell886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lilou
t-.-t

vCash: 500
Heartbeats, they were racin'

Freedom, he was chasin'

Spotlights, sirens, rifles, firing

But he made it out...

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Asif16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post
For that, you should have to sit and listen to Interactif for a whole game. That is so backwards that I think most posters heads on this board are spinning faster than the exorcists head right now.
Gunnarson has been a turnover machine lately and it doesnt seem that he has recovered from his injury yet. Komisarek, when he played, had actually been decent if not better earlier in the season. And the fact that komisarek brings much more physicality to the game then gunnarson. Gunnarson is known for his mobility and sound defence, no turnovers. So if he cant do that, he is useless

Asif16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:50 PM
gabeliscious

i cant remember which leafs reported it was but on the radio yesterday he said that the leafs management are REALLY pleased with franson-fraser and that is the last thing carlyle is going to tinker with right now.

i suspect the pairings will be something like,

phaneuf gunnarson
gardiner koskta
franson fraser

phaneuf and gunnarson have played well together in the past. gunnarson is not 100% but even at 80% is better suited to play with phaneuf then anyone else imo.

gardiner and kostka played well on the marlies together. i suspect kostka will look much better having someone who can move the puck for him. kostka just needs to play defense and chip it to gardiner to get the puck out. a much easier task then trying to deal with one of our other defenseman who handle the puck like a grenade.

as mention, franson-fraser aint broke, no point fixing it.

woot woot

go leafs go

#gardinerfreed
# booy ya

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

This move give Rielly more playing/PP time with the Marlies. Plus matching Rielly up with Holzer would let him have some offensive freedom. Holzer is actually a good defenseman in the AHL.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Morguee
That's Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
Heartbeats, they were racin'

Freedom, he was chasin'

Spotlights, sirens, rifles, firing

But he made it out...
With a bullet in his back?

Morguee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:51 PM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif16 View Post
Gunnarson has been a turnover machine lately and it doesnt seem that he has recovered from his injury yet. Komisarek, when he played, had actually been decent if not better earlier in the season. And the fact that komisarek brings much more physicality to the game then gunnarson. Gunnarson is known for his mobility and sound defence, no turnovers. So if he cant do that, he is useless
Komo is useless. Gunnar on one leg is better than Komo at 100%. Not sure what game you have been watching for the last three years.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:52 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif16 View Post
I don't know that Komisarek is the answer but it would be great if Gunnar didn't see the ice.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:53 PM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
i cant remember which leafs reported it was but on the radio yesterday he said that the leafs management are REALLY pleased with franson-fraser and that is the last thing carlyle is going to tinker with right now.

i suspect the pairings will be something like,

phaneuf gunnarson
gardiner koskta
franson fraser

phaneuf and gunnarson have played well together in the past. gunnarson is not 100% but even at 80% is better suited to play with phaneuf then anyone else imo.

gardiner and kostka played well on the marlies together. i suspect kostka will look much better having someone who can move the puck for him. kostka just needs to play defense and chip it to gardiner to get the puck out. a much easier task then trying to deal with one of our other defenseman who handle the puck like a grenade.

as mention, franson-fraser aint broke, no point fixing it.

woot woot

go leafs go

#gardinerfreed
# booy ya
So now we have Kostka playing more minutes than Franson who has been one of our better d-men?

Honestly. Fans should stop with their lineups, it's embarrassing.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Revolt

About time!

Revolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:54 PM
SteveV*

Gunner is playing with no confidence, there is no flow to his game, he seems to be stuttering if that makes sense.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:55 PM
biscuits15

Good news! He is going to help our breakout, and hopefully gets some PP time. I am getting sick of Phaneuf firing clappers into shin pads.

biscuits15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Didact
Nonis lost his mind

Quote:
Interactif.

You can't blame Gardiner for taking a blind side hit from a guy and getting concussed, that is just plain backwards. Is it Crosby's fault he got his bell rung?

He deserves and has the talent to be on this team, if anything I believed Carlye would have been a little more astute in dealing with him since he went through the same thing with Roger back when he was a rookie.

I'm getting tired of guys throwing players under the bus and making up these ridiculous explanations why things are not going there way. I think you were one of the guys that had Kadri on the bus out of town as well.
nah it wasn't him. Went through the the threads like "Kadri or Frattin" thread, and "Kadri's expectation this year" and it's pretty clear which posters to ignore.

Didact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRoNiCWiLL View Post
#FreeMorganRielly

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:56 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits15 View Post
Good news! He is going to help our breakout, and hopefully gets some PP time. I am getting sick of Phaneuf firing clappers into shin pads.
Phanuef will still be on the PP.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:56 PM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Gunner is playing with no confidence, there is no flow to his game, he seems to be stuttering if that makes sense.
Still better option than Komo. Reduce his minutes and let him get his game back. They have to find a way for Liles in the lineup as well. Too good of a player not to be in the lineup. Either play him or trade him. Sitting a guy with his ability for 15 games does nothing for this organization.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:57 PM
lebdafor norris
sleepy

So much hate on Holzer here he would have been a pretty decent 3rd pair D man, its not his fault RC made him face top line talent.

lebdafor norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
biscuits15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Phanuef will still be on the PP.
obviously......but hopefully not quarterbacking it.

biscuits15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Interactif

Quote:
Interactif.

You can't blame Gardiner for taking a blind side hit from a guy and getting concussed, that is just plain backwards. Is it Crosby's fault he got his bell rung?

He deserves and has the talent to be on this team, if anything I believed Carlye would have been a little more astute in dealing with him since he went through the same thing with Roger back when he was a rookie.

I'm getting tired of guys throwing players under the bus and making up these ridiculous explanations why things are not going there way. I think you were one of the guys that had Kadri on the bus out of town as well.
You are so wrong, I was right about Kadri all along, backed him and predicted good things for him even when he was down. Not sure where you got that I ever bashed Kadri when infact I was one of his biggest believers here.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:58 PM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 208
being so close to St. Patties day and all...

Jail Break baby.

crump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:58 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits15 View Post
obviously......but hopefully not quarterbacking it.
He never has, he's a shooter.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:01 PM
shibbiness

I swear Gunnar turned the puck over in the neutral zone line 3-4 times last game because he was skating so slow out of the zone. WPG's forecheckers kept stripping him of the puck and Gunnar did not learn his lesson, was ridiculous.

shibbiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:01 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

very nice. too bad it took them this long to make the obvious move - probably cost us a few games at least.

Gardiner should have been up here all year. Hopefully he hasn't picked up too many bad habits down in the AHL.

Something that really bugs me, though, because it's a thought I can't get out of my mind.......I just have this niggling feeling that the Leafs were keeping Jake down because the Marlies needed an offensive defenseman, and that they're only freeing up a spot now because Rielly is there now. And it that's true, I'm even more pissed.

and I agree, we're not too far away from #FreeMorganRielly. Can't wait for another prospect call up campaign!

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Difference is coaching. We're already in the lower half in goals against per game and having that bigger defense hasn't helped in the last handful of games. I don't expect Rotten Ronnie and Carlyle to coach the team the same way. Heck, if RW could make Beauchemin look bad, maybe it just wasn't the D corps.
Yeah, different coaching, will see how it turns out. I still see our D on the smallish side, someone is moving off of it, most likely on the left side.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Diatomic
Kadri & Nylander=Cup

Holzer Sent down, Gardiner Called up - And to think it only took a 5 game losing streak! Tada

Diatomic is online now   Reply With Quote