HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If We Make The Playoffs, Who Do You Want To Play Round 1?

View Poll Results: Who do you want to play 1st round?
Boston 23 13.45%
Toronto 51 29.82%
Pittsburgh 1 0.58%
Carolina 9 5.26%
Buffalo 0 0%
Winnipeg 15 8.77%
New York Rangers 27 15.79%
Florida 19 11.11%
New Jersey 4 2.34%
Ottawa 5 2.92%
New York Islanders 2 1.17%
Philadelphia 12 7.02%
Tampa Bay 2 1.17%
Washington 1 0.58%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-19-2013, 11:09 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
If We Make The Playoffs who do you wanna play round 1?

----

Note * Put if so i won't jinx it
Jinx free post. NO JINX RULE APPLIES JINX GODS.

Habs are likely a lock for fourth with 3 wins this week. 2 Wins, probably. 1 win, barring an ensuing massive collapse, 4th or 5th is still very likely.

With 3 wins this week, Habs lock 4th for sure, and fight also for 1st or 2nd in east.

Therefore, the Habs will finish 1,2, 4 or 5.

Possibility 1: If Habs finish 5th, we likely play Ottawa, the only team right now I think that could take 4th from us. That makes me nervous.

If Habs finish 1st, 2nd or 4th, meaning Ottawa does not catch us or collapses:

Who knows. Could be Ottawa, Rags, Peg, Crapolina, or Laffs. My choice would be Peg or Crapolina in that case, obviously. Rags make me nervous too.

What is interesting is that at this time, it is very unlikely we play the Bruins or Pens in round one. In fact, unless we collapse to 7th or 8th, it will not happen.

Or, of course, Bruins and pens could also collapse to 7th or 8th, and we therefore finish 1 or 2, and play one of them, but nah, no way.

In summary, get ready for Ottawa, Rags, Peg, Crapolina, or Laffs round one. Make your choice.

bsl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:27 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Jinx free post. NO JINX RULE APPLIES JINX GODS.

Habs are likely a lock for fourth with 3 wins this week. 2 Wins, probably. 1 win, barring an ensuing massive collapse, 4th or 5th is still very likely.

With 3 wins this week, Habs lock 4th for sure, and fight also for 1st or 2nd in east.

Therefore, the Habs will finish 1,2, 4 or 5.

Possibility 1: If Habs finish 5th, we likely play Ottawa, the only team right now I think that could take 4th from us. That makes me nervous.

If Habs finish 1st, 2nd or 4th, meaning Ottawa does not catch us or collapses:

Who knows. Could be Ottawa, Rags, Peg, Crapolina, or Laffs. My choice would be Peg or Crapolina in that case, obviously. Rags make me nervous too.

What is interesting is that at this time, it is very unlikely we play the Bruins or Pens in round one. In fact, unless we collapse to 7th or 8th, it will not happen.

Or, of course, Bruins and pens could also collapse to 7th or 8th, and we therefore finish 1 or 2, and play one of them, but nah, no way.

In summary, get ready for Ottawa, Rags, Peg, Crapolina, or Laffs round one. Make your choice.
Sorry to quote myself, but I have 'infractions', again, for swearing and being a ******* or something, and can't edit.

Here is one other possibility: Bruins play kind of ****, and so do Habs, and Ottawa takes 1st or 2nd, and Habs Bruins end up 4th and 5th, and play each other. You never know. But I discount this possibility. Again: Ottawa, Rags, Peg, Crapolina, or Laffs round one. Make your choice.

bsl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Sorry to quote myself, but I have 'infractions', again, for swearing and being a ******* or something, and can't edit.

Here is one other possibility: Bruins play kind of ****, and so do Habs, and Ottawa takes 1st or 2nd, and Habs Bruins end up 4th and 5th, and play each other. You never know. But I discount this possibility. Again: Ottawa, Rags, Peg, Crapolina, or Laffs round one. Make your choice.
Yeah, I agree those seem to be the most logical 1st-round opponents for the Habs, based on current trends.

But now that the question is "Who" we face and not "If", I'm wondering how the Habs will pace themselves for the inevitable playoffs. We've had the luxury of launching a tryout camp in mid-season with Pateryn, Dumont and Tinordi coming up. The trade-off is they gain experience but make mistakes. But that's okay. I have no problem ending up in 4th or 5th place if it means having rookies with real game experience come the playoffs. Besides, it's not like there's a big difference between playing the 5th to 8th place team, since so many EC teams are packed so tightly.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:00 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoobMoob View Post
Going with the Rags. Seems the best matchup this year. Save the Bs for the ECF.

Don't want the Leafs or Flyers to make the POs at all.
Leafs will end up 10th and ruin Jake Gardiner's career as he gets traded back to ANA along with a 1st round pick for Kyle Palemeri

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:34 PM
LeoHabs*

Not the sens please

For some reason we have a difficult time against the f###### Sens. So as long as we dont play them in the first round I think we will make it through. The Leafs, Rangers, Devils, those would be good first round matchups...

LeoHabs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:45 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoHabs View Post
For some reason we have a difficult time against the f###### Sens. So as long as we dont play them in the first round I think we will make it through. The Leafs, Rangers, Devils, those would be good first round matchups...
Over 7 games i'd give the edge to the Habs though.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:48 PM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoHabs View Post
I think playing the Leafs in the 1st round might be a lose-lose proposition for the Habs:

- if they are losing, the gloating from Leaf fans and Toronto media (CBC, Sportsnet, TSN to a certain degree) would be unbearable
- if they are winning, I fear the Leafs will turn to goon tactics and try and injure them

jedimyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 05:42 PM

I hope Toronto misses the playoffs but if they don't, I want to sweep them in 4.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 05:53 PM
WhiskeySeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
I hope Toronto misses the playoffs but if they don't, I want to sweep them in 4.
If we do sweep them in 4 it would be oh-so-sweet

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:08 PM
BJG

Concerned about the Sens. They look to be solid in 5th. If we don't stay ahead of the Bruins, which is touch and go, we might very well face them. My question is, how many of their players will they have back for the POs? Most dangerous, of course, being Spezza, a Habs killer. I assume Anderson will be back, but he will probably come back to earth. Is Karlson done for the year? They're winning without their stars; they could be very dangerous come playoff time. Best option: Win the division. Then let the Sens and Bs at each other. I'd then happily cheer for Neil et al.

BJG is offline   Reply With Quote