HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Bruins @ Jets | Tue Mar 19 | 7PM | MTS Centre | "Poking the Bear Redux"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-19-2013, 01:55 PM
  #101
KCjetsfan
Registered User
 
KCjetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Gardner KS
Posts: 1,163
vCash: 123
mittens has been ok imo

KCjetsfan is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 01:56 PM
  #102
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,006
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
On the fourth line? What a joke.
Meh, let him work for it. Personally I'd do third line, but meh... give it some time.

garret9 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:03 PM
  #103
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell
 
JustGivingEr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hamsterdam
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,219
vCash: 50
Gonna have to record this one

Go Jets Go!

JustGivingEr is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:05 PM
  #104
KCjetsfan
Registered User
 
KCjetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Gardner KS
Posts: 1,163
vCash: 123
i would like to see kane and burmi back together. i don't have the #'s but i'm willing to bet that kane has been better with burmi than without.

KCjetsfan is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:06 PM
  #105
tbcwpg
Registered User
 
tbcwpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Wouldn't you say he's been punished enough? I get that you want to keep a winning line up together...but I mean come on. Four games? Was that really necessary? Especially in the Ottawa game. He really should have been back for that one.
I think he had to sit for the Ottawa game just because the team had been winning without him. I'd put in the caveat that it might have been nice to shake up the team after losing that lead and almost losing the 2 points on Saturday.

I don't know how you put him in the top 9 tonight, though, they have some decent chemistry right now. It's possible he jumps up after awhile.

tbcwpg is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:07 PM
  #106
Rook37
Registered User
 
Rook37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 614
vCash: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCjetsfan View Post
mittens has been ok imo
yeah, I agree. I don't get the hate. he's been solid so far imo, and 3pts in 9 games is far from terrible.

jetsfan, who would you have replace him?

edit: sorry, should've clarified - I didn't realize I was quoting another jetsfan. I meant jetsfan8 on the last page. Who'd have thought there'd be so many jets fans here?


Last edited by Rook37: 03-19-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Rook37 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:24 PM
  #107
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,055
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
I think he had to sit for the Ottawa game just because the team had been winning without him. I'd put in the caveat that it might have been nice to shake up the team after losing that lead and almost losing the 2 points on Saturday.

I don't know how you put him in the top 9 tonight, though, they have some decent chemistry right now. It's possible he jumps up after awhile.
I get the winning streak...but it was the second game of a back to back, after a VERY long game the night before. I don't get how you DON'T put him in. I know he wouldn't have been the difference I guess, but some fresh legs would have been handy, I think.

sully1410 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:28 PM
  #108
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,006
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCjetsfan View Post
i would like to see kane and burmi back together. i don't have the #'s but i'm willing to bet that kane has been better with burmi than without.
Most, but not all, have had better results with Burmi on the ice than when he's not... for goals, shots and chances... but, I'm sure Noel believes that if he can get Burmi to play the way he thinks Burmi can play, than those results will be even better. I hope Noel is right because this team desperately needs players performing at top6 results other than Ladd, Little, Wheeler and Kane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook37 View Post
yeah, I agree. I don't get the hate. he's been solid so far imo, and 3pts in 9 games is far from terrible.

jetsfan, who would you have replace him?
Miettinen is a decent player. I'd say he's playing good enough to be a decent option for a 3rd liner in a top9 system. Problem is so is Antropov, Burmistrov, Wellwood, and Jokinen so far.
None of these players have performed in a true "top6" fashion IMO (although some have done better than others). So, Mittens being on the second line IMO is not really any worse than any of the other 4.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
I think he had to sit for the Ottawa game just because the team had been winning without him. I'd put in the caveat that it might have been nice to shake up the team after losing that lead and almost losing the 2 points on Saturday.

I don't know how you put him in the top 9 tonight, though, they have some decent chemistry right now. It's possible he jumps up after awhile.
I'm not a huge fan of the because you won excuse. I'm more a fan of them always trying to maximize their chances of winning.
It came to a trade off:
Burmistrov would have given them a better chance to win versus Ottawa (even without fatigue factors)
vs
(IMO) Trying to improve Burmistrov by getting him to buy into the system
It's Noel's job to make that choice and he did. I may disagree but he's the coach and not me haha.

I don't know about about decent chemistry... In the last 4 games all 6 in the bottom 6 have been severely out shot and out chanced.
I think it's more he's gotta fight his way back to the top.

garret9 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:28 PM
  #109
tbcwpg
Registered User
 
tbcwpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I get the winning streak...but it was the second game of a back to back, after a VERY long game the night before. I don't get how you DON'T put him in. I know he wouldn't have been the difference I guess, but some fresh legs would have been handy, I think.
Like I said, there's a case for putting him in, but as you said, he wouldn't have been the difference. That's a loss with or without Burmi in the lineup.

tbcwpg is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:42 PM
  #110
Zhamnov5GoalGame
Registered User
 
Zhamnov5GoalGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan8 View Post
wow cant believe we still have mittens in the lineup
and on the 3rd line!!

thats disgusting
Huh? Mittens has 2 goals in the last 3 games and some pretty decent chances otherwise. He's not a top performer for us but he's currently on a bit of an upswing... ride it while we can.

Zhamnov5GoalGame is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 02:54 PM
  #111
Ramsalot
Rergisterd Uhrser
 
Ramsalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Derpronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 185
vCash: 450
By no means is Miettinen close to a first line guy, but I've always liked him as a Jet. You can't have 5 million dollar guys from the top down. He's a decent two way guy who brings more offense than our "defensive" forwards this year and last.

Ramsalot is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:04 PM
  #112
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,055
vCash: 50
I really want to see Noel try Jokinen down low on the PP. I think it would help the PP quite a bit....not to mention it gets him off the point where he's awful.

sully1410 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:06 PM
  #113
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,006
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I really want to see Noel try Jokinen down low on the PP. I think it would help the PP quite a bit....not to mention it gets him off the point where he's awful.
He did good in CGY at the opposite wing of Iginla... Would be worth a shot.
Try him either:

Jokinen-Little-Ladd

or

Jokinen-Antropov-Kane

then Wheeler on the other line.

garret9 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:09 PM
  #114
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,055
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
He did good in CGY at the opposite wing of Iginla... Would be worth a shot.
Try him either:

Jokinen-Little-Ladd

or

Jokinen-Antropov-Kane

then Wheeler on the other line.
That's where they started him to begin the season. He made great choices down there and was great at splitting the defenders and breaking up the traffic and getting shots on goal to develop rebounds and what not.

sully1410 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 04:01 PM
  #115
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,670
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Jokinen was off the point for a powerplay later in the Sens game. Was Bogosian and Buff on the point. I liked that a lot. Two booming shots = .

__________________
Hammer Slammer is online now  
Old
03-19-2013, 04:16 PM
  #116
OmarComin
Registered User
 
OmarComin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Preferably on the right wing. That is the most logical spot. Tanger isn't a null offensively and he has been getting more ice than Cormier and Thor.
Ya, i'm hoping to see a few Tangradi, Burmi, Kane/Wheeler shifts tonight. I'm predicting a 2-1 Jets win...

OmarComin is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 04:35 PM
  #117
Tdoe42
Registered User
 
Tdoe42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCjetsfan View Post
i would like to see kane and burmi back together. i don't have the #'s but i'm willing to bet that kane has been better with burmi than without.
I got a feeling that Kane will get some time with burmi on the 4th line

Tdoe42 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 04:36 PM
  #118
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,055
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Jokinen was off the point for a powerplay later in the Sens game. Was Bogosian and Buff on the point. I liked that a lot. Two booming shots = .
I hope they keep it going then. We can all agree that Joki is pretty useless on the point. Takes too god damn long to take the shot I think, or he misses. Its the one thing about the PP that is such and easy fix and its taken them forever to fix it.

Same goes for the PK. It has been outstanding lately, but it was **** from the beginning of the season and our biggest saving grace was that we werent overly penalized. That quickly changed and we were just lit up.

Had the special teams been fixed almost immediately like they should have been, we would handily be winning the SE division right now.

Both of those need to be firing on all cylinders if we want to make it out of tonight with the W.

i really believe that Jokinen down low instead of the point will make a huge difference in terms of production.

sully1410 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 04:50 PM
  #119
SpokedLightning
Tampa Bound
 
SpokedLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vermont for now
Country: United States
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 167
I'd like to see you guys in the playoffs this year, so here's to a 3 pt game with no injuries for either side.

SpokedLightning is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 04:58 PM
  #120
PaperRockChamp
Registered User
 
PaperRockChamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wpg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,225
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
I'd like to see you guys in the playoffs this year, so here's to a 3 pt game with no injuries for either side.
That sounds reasonable. Right back at you.

PaperRockChamp is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 05:08 PM
  #121
jetsfan8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook37 View Post
yeah, I agree. I don't get the hate. he's been solid so far imo, and 3pts in 9 games is far from terrible.

jetsfan, who would you have replace him?

edit: sorry, should've clarified - I didn't realize I was quoting another jetsfan. I meant jetsfan8 on the last page. Who'd have thought there'd be so many jets fans here?

easy
miettinen out, burmistrov in
or if the managment thinks he deseres a roster spot, miettinen on the fourth, burmistrov on the third line

jetsfan8 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 05:15 PM
  #122
Gaald
Registered User
 
Gaald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 316
vCash: 1580
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I hope they keep it going then. We can all agree that Joki is pretty useless on the point. Takes too god damn long to take the shot I think, or he misses. Its the one thing about the PP that is such and easy fix and its taken them forever to fix it.

Same goes for the PK. It has been outstanding lately, but it was **** from the beginning of the season and our biggest saving grace was that we werent overly penalized. That quickly changed and we were just lit up.

Had the special teams been fixed almost immediately like they should have been, we would handily be winning the SE division right now.

Both of those need to be firing on all cylinders if we want to make it out of tonight with the W.

i really believe that Jokinen down low instead of the point will make a huge difference in terms of production.
Yes because if there is one thing every team has had this year, it's been plenty of time to practice, what with only playing 3-4 games a week!

I agree that Jokinen has been bad on the point, and I expect that to change shortly, but to say they should have fixed the special times right away is a joke! They have almost no time to practice, and special teams isn't the only thing they needed to address.

Gaald is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 05:30 PM
  #123
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,055
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaald View Post
Yes because if there is one thing every team has had this year, it's been plenty of time to practice, what with only playing 3-4 games a week!

I agree that Jokinen has been bad on the point, and I expect that to change shortly, but to say they should have fixed the special times right away is a joke! They have almost no time to practice, and special teams isn't the only thing they needed to address.
Ok...

But why is it exactly that they continue to use the exact same strategy when it isn't working? these guys are pros. Do you not think that if you give them a new strategy that they wont adopt it right away or something?

Its also not like they haven't had any time to practise.

And what else did they need to fix, aside from the penalty kill and pp? The team is good even strength. Its one of the best in the league 4 vs 4. Our PP is so bad that we cant even score on a 5-3. I mean come on, if thats not a priority...what is. Your special teams make or break games. Think of ho many games this team would have won if our Special teams was competent during the beginning of the season?

sully1410 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 05:34 PM
  #124
Zhamnov5GoalGame
Registered User
 
Zhamnov5GoalGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Ok...

But why is it exactly that they continue to use the exact same strategy when it isn't working? these guys are pros. Do you not think that if you give them a new strategy that they wont adopt it right away or something?

Its also not like they haven't had any time to practise.

And what else did they need to fix, aside from the penalty kill and pp? The team is good even strength. Its one of the best in the league 4 vs 4. Our PP is so bad that we cant even score on a 5-3. I mean come on, if thats not a priority...what is. Your special teams make or break games. Think of ho many games this team would have won if our Special teams was competent during the beginning of the season?
Haven't liked Jokinen on the point... but our PP has looked much better recently. A couple of goals and at least the threat of chances. When we were in the dumps at the lows of the special teams hell we couldn't even get in the zone. Never mind create a scoring chance.

Zhamnov5GoalGame is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 05:40 PM
  #125
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,006
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov5GoalGame View Post
Haven't liked Jokinen on the point... but our PP has looked much better recently. A couple of goals and at least the threat of chances. When we were in the dumps at the lows of the special teams hell we couldn't even get in the zone. Never mind create a scoring chance.
Results have been better too...
We're no longer 30th in the league for 5v4 SF/60... now 26th, ahead of VAN, EDM, DAL, and TBL
We're 19th in the league for 5v4 (+/-)/60

We've done well in shots against for PK...
We're 4th in the league with 42.4 SA/60... only behind BOS, MIN and STL
Our PK SV% still isn't the greatest as our 4v5 (+/-)/60 is 22nd... but at one time it was 30th


So not terrible, but...
We could get more shots on goal on the PP which should happen as we improve zone entry and get more rebounds...
We could have Pavs keep playing like he's been playing lately and improve that 4v5 SV%

garret9 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.