Old
03-19-2013, 01:56 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
On the fourth line? What a joke.
Meh, let him work for it. Personally I'd do third line, but meh... give it some time.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:03 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

Gonna have to record this one

Go Jets Go!

Old
03-19-2013, 02:05 PM
KCjetsfan

vCash: 123
i would like to see kane and burmi back together. i don't have the #'s but i'm willing to bet that kane has been better with burmi than without.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:06 PM
tbcwpg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Wouldn't you say he's been punished enough? I get that you want to keep a winning line up together...but I mean come on. Four games? Was that really necessary? Especially in the Ottawa game. He really should have been back for that one.
I think he had to sit for the Ottawa game just because the team had been winning without him. I'd put in the caveat that it might have been nice to shake up the team after losing that lead and almost losing the 2 points on Saturday.

I don't know how you put him in the top 9 tonight, though, they have some decent chemistry right now. It's possible he jumps up after awhile.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:07 PM
Rook37

vCash: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCjetsfan View Post
mittens has been ok imo
yeah, I agree. I don't get the hate. he's been solid so far imo, and 3pts in 9 games is far from terrible.

jetsfan, who would you have replace him?

edit: sorry, should've clarified - I didn't realize I was quoting another jetsfan. I meant jetsfan8 on the last page. Who'd have thought there'd be so many jets fans here?

Last edited by Rook37: 03-19-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old
03-19-2013, 02:24 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
I think he had to sit for the Ottawa game just because the team had been winning without him. I'd put in the caveat that it might have been nice to shake up the team after losing that lead and almost losing the 2 points on Saturday.

I don't know how you put him in the top 9 tonight, though, they have some decent chemistry right now. It's possible he jumps up after awhile.
I get the winning streak...but it was the second game of a back to back, after a VERY long game the night before. I don't get how you DON'T put him in. I know he wouldn't have been the difference I guess, but some fresh legs would have been handy, I think.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:28 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
i would like to see kane and burmi back together. i don't have the #'s but i'm willing to bet that kane has been better with burmi than without.
Most, but not all, have had better results with Burmi on the ice than when he's not... for goals, shots and chances... but, I'm sure Noel believes that if he can get Burmi to play the way he thinks Burmi can play, than those results will be even better. I hope Noel is right because this team desperately needs players performing at top6 results other than Ladd, Little, Wheeler and Kane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook37 View Post
yeah, I agree. I don't get the hate. he's been solid so far imo, and 3pts in 9 games is far from terrible.

Miettinen is a decent player. I'd say he's playing good enough to be a decent option for a 3rd liner in a top9 system. Problem is so is Antropov, Burmistrov, Wellwood, and Jokinen so far.
None of these players have performed in a true "top6" fashion IMO (although some have done better than others). So, Mittens being on the second line IMO is not really any worse than any of the other 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post

I'm not a huge fan of the because you won excuse. I'm more a fan of them always trying to maximize their chances of winning.
It came to a trade off:
Burmistrov would have given them a better chance to win versus Ottawa (even without fatigue factors)
vs
(IMO) Trying to improve Burmistrov by getting him to buy into the system
It's Noel's job to make that choice and he did. I may disagree but he's the coach and not me haha.

I don't know about about decent chemistry... In the last 4 games all 6 in the bottom 6 have been severely out shot and out chanced.
I think it's more he's gotta fight his way back to the top.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:28 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
I get the winning streak...but it was the second game of a back to back, after a VERY long game the night before. I don't get how you DON'T put him in. I know he wouldn't have been the difference I guess, but some fresh legs would have been handy, I think.
Like I said, there's a case for putting him in, but as you said, he wouldn't have been the difference. That's a loss with or without Burmi in the lineup.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Zhamnov5GoalGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan8 View Post
wow cant believe we still have mittens in the lineup
and on the 3rd line!!

thats disgusting
Huh? Mittens has 2 goals in the last 3 games and some pretty decent chances otherwise. He's not a top performer for us but he's currently on a bit of an upswing... ride it while we can.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Ramsalot
Rergisterd Uhrser

vCash: 450
By no means is Miettinen close to a first line guy, but I've always liked him as a Jet. You can't have 5 million dollar guys from the top down. He's a decent two way guy who brings more offense than our "defensive" forwards this year and last.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:04 PM
sully1410

I really want to see Noel try Jokinen down low on the PP. I think it would help the PP quite a bit....not to mention it gets him off the point where he's awful.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:06 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
I really want to see Noel try Jokinen down low on the PP. I think it would help the PP quite a bit....not to mention it gets him off the point where he's awful.
He did good in CGY at the opposite wing of Iginla... Would be worth a shot.
Try him either:

Jokinen-Little-Ladd

or

Jokinen-Antropov-Kane

then Wheeler on the other line.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:09 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
He did good in CGY at the opposite wing of Iginla... Would be worth a shot.
Try him either:

Jokinen-Little-Ladd

or

Jokinen-Antropov-Kane

then Wheeler on the other line.
That's where they started him to begin the season. He made great choices down there and was great at splitting the defenders and breaking up the traffic and getting shots on goal to develop rebounds and what not.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Jokinen was off the point for a powerplay later in the Sens game. Was Bogosian and Buff on the point. I liked that a lot. Two booming shots = .

03-19-2013, 04:16 PM
OmarComin

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Preferably on the right wing. That is the most logical spot. Tanger isn't a null offensively and he has been getting more ice than Cormier and Thor.
Ya, i'm hoping to see a few Tangradi, Burmi, Kane/Wheeler shifts tonight. I'm predicting a 2-1 Jets win...

Old
03-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Tdoe42

Quote:
I got a feeling that Kane will get some time with burmi on the 4th line

Old
03-19-2013, 04:36 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Jokinen was off the point for a powerplay later in the Sens game. Was Bogosian and Buff on the point. I liked that a lot. Two booming shots = .
I hope they keep it going then. We can all agree that Joki is pretty useless on the point. Takes too god damn long to take the shot I think, or he misses. Its the one thing about the PP that is such and easy fix and its taken them forever to fix it.

Same goes for the PK. It has been outstanding lately, but it was **** from the beginning of the season and our biggest saving grace was that we werent overly penalized. That quickly changed and we were just lit up.

Had the special teams been fixed almost immediately like they should have been, we would handily be winning the SE division right now.

Both of those need to be firing on all cylinders if we want to make it out of tonight with the W.

i really believe that Jokinen down low instead of the point will make a huge difference in terms of production.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:50 PM
SpokedLightning
Tampa Bound

vCash: 167
I'd like to see you guys in the playoffs this year, so here's to a 3 pt game with no injuries for either side.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:58 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
I'd like to see you guys in the playoffs this year, so here's to a 3 pt game with no injuries for either side.
That sounds reasonable. Right back at you.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:08 PM
jetsfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook37 View Post

edit: sorry, should've clarified - I didn't realize I was quoting another jetsfan. I meant jetsfan8 on the last page. Who'd have thought there'd be so many jets fans here?

easy
miettinen out, burmistrov in
or if the managment thinks he deseres a roster spot, miettinen on the fourth, burmistrov on the third line

Old
03-19-2013, 05:15 PM
Gaald

vCash: 1580
Quote:
I hope they keep it going then. We can all agree that Joki is pretty useless on the point. Takes too god damn long to take the shot I think, or he misses. Its the one thing about the PP that is such and easy fix and its taken them forever to fix it.

Same goes for the PK. It has been outstanding lately, but it was **** from the beginning of the season and our biggest saving grace was that we werent overly penalized. That quickly changed and we were just lit up.

Had the special teams been fixed almost immediately like they should have been, we would handily be winning the SE division right now.

Both of those need to be firing on all cylinders if we want to make it out of tonight with the W.

i really believe that Jokinen down low instead of the point will make a huge difference in terms of production.
Yes because if there is one thing every team has had this year, it's been plenty of time to practice, what with only playing 3-4 games a week!

I agree that Jokinen has been bad on the point, and I expect that to change shortly, but to say they should have fixed the special times right away is a joke! They have almost no time to practice, and special teams isn't the only thing they needed to address.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:30 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaald View Post
Yes because if there is one thing every team has had this year, it's been plenty of time to practice, what with only playing 3-4 games a week!

I agree that Jokinen has been bad on the point, and I expect that to change shortly, but to say they should have fixed the special times right away is a joke! They have almost no time to practice, and special teams isn't the only thing they needed to address.
Ok...

But why is it exactly that they continue to use the exact same strategy when it isn't working? these guys are pros. Do you not think that if you give them a new strategy that they wont adopt it right away or something?

Its also not like they haven't had any time to practise.

And what else did they need to fix, aside from the penalty kill and pp? The team is good even strength. Its one of the best in the league 4 vs 4. Our PP is so bad that we cant even score on a 5-3. I mean come on, if thats not a priority...what is. Your special teams make or break games. Think of ho many games this team would have won if our Special teams was competent during the beginning of the season?

Old
03-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Zhamnov5GoalGame

Quote:
Ok...

But why is it exactly that they continue to use the exact same strategy when it isn't working? these guys are pros. Do you not think that if you give them a new strategy that they wont adopt it right away or something?

Its also not like they haven't had any time to practise.

And what else did they need to fix, aside from the penalty kill and pp? The team is good even strength. Its one of the best in the league 4 vs 4. Our PP is so bad that we cant even score on a 5-3. I mean come on, if thats not a priority...what is. Your special teams make or break games. Think of ho many games this team would have won if our Special teams was competent during the beginning of the season?
Haven't liked Jokinen on the point... but our PP has looked much better recently. A couple of goals and at least the threat of chances. When we were in the dumps at the lows of the special teams hell we couldn't even get in the zone. Never mind create a scoring chance.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:40 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov5GoalGame View Post
Haven't liked Jokinen on the point... but our PP has looked much better recently. A couple of goals and at least the threat of chances. When we were in the dumps at the lows of the special teams hell we couldn't even get in the zone. Never mind create a scoring chance.
Results have been better too...
We're no longer 30th in the league for 5v4 SF/60... now 26th, ahead of VAN, EDM, DAL, and TBL
We're 19th in the league for 5v4 (+/-)/60

We've done well in shots against for PK...
We're 4th in the league with 42.4 SA/60... only behind BOS, MIN and STL
Our PK SV% still isn't the greatest as our 4v5 (+/-)/60 is 22nd... but at one time it was 30th

So not terrible, but...
We could get more shots on goal on the PP which should happen as we improve zone entry and get more rebounds...
We could have Pavs keep playing like he's been playing lately and improve that 4v5 SV%

Closed Thread