Game 28: Home, sweet home

Old
03-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
Officiating has been pretty equally horrific across the board. However, it's a different story when we are talking about former players who aren't that far removed from their NHL careers who dole out suspensions. That's just asking for bias.
I agree, if Blake actually had input on the suspension. We know he narrated the video, we really don't seem to know if he had any say on the suspension.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 03:33 PM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 902
league is ********. no way that hit should just be ignored...

hope the organization says something and takes the fine.

gratefulyours is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I agree, if Blake actually had input on the suspension. We know he narrated the video, we really don't seem to know if he had any say on the suspension.
Ok but disregarding Blake, do you not think an organization like the Red Wings still has some of the same employees now as when Shanahan played there? Or that he feels loyalty to the organization to some degree? Or resentment toward others? Things like this just raise too many red flags for my liking. Don't think a former player should be in charge of punitive measures across an entire league.

Nikko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
Ok but disregarding Blake, do you not think an organization like the Red Wings still has some of the same employees now as when Shanahan played there? Or that he feels loyalty to the organization to some degree? Or resentment toward others? Things like this just raise too many red flags for my liking. Don't think a former player should be in charge of punitive measures across an entire league.
I don't disagree with your point regarding Shanny and his office. That office is a difficult one to deal with. Remember too that prior to him, Campbell was accused of sheltering and favoring the Bruins and some of his personal friends. Anybody who has worked in the game for many years in any capacity will have friendships and loyalties. I'm not sure what the solution is, but I agree it is a problem.

I guess my original point was more related to the complaints that calls on the ice are intentionally biased. I absolutely don't buy that. Shanny's office, yeah, that could be a problem for a lot of teams.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 06:07 PM
caliamad

I think we're beating up on them a bit too much. I wanted 2 games or less... he got 4, its not intentionally biased, just hard to understand given other judgements made.

Nobodys perfect, lets move on.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:00 PM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
I think we're beating up on them a bit too much. I wanted 2 games or less... he got 4, its not intentionally biased, just hard to understand given other judgements made.

Nobodys perfect, lets move on.
hard to move on when you see two or three hits to the head on your team go unpunished then get hit with a suspension for one.

gratefulyours is online now   Reply With Quote