Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 07:29 AM
slappipappi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
What do you guys feel about Cammy for Yandle?

Phoenix is built on their two d-men and team defence.

If they moved Yandle it would be premium young players, not a regressing forward on a huge contract.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 50
From Elliotte Friedman's latest 30 thoughts:

Quote:
. . .
Those five players have something in common: they're unrestricted free agents. There's a reason for that.

Does anyone want to take on salary?

The salary cap for next season is set: $64.3 million US. Spend a few minutes on Capgeek and you'll see there aren't many teams with a boatload of flexibility.
What that does is create a scarcity of available players. There appears to be no clarity on Jarome Iginla's situation as of yet. Some teams will wait to see if he becomes a rental possibility.
10. Boy, do teams love what Matt Read is doing right now, coming back to help the Flyers even though he is clearly in pain. Talk about gaining respect. If Philly does any business with Calgary, know that Flames assistant GM John Weisbrod has chased Read for years.
Bouwmeester for Read straight up would be awful. Read plus something, like say Meszaros, wouldn't be too bad. Probably fair, but probably not the type of deal the Flames should do.

Obviously, just about everyone wants them to target Couturier, who even despite his struggles this season, still holds a lot of promise. But Read, unfortunately perhaps, fits the MO of the Flames; he's young, but also entering his prime at 26. It's well known that the Flames are an impatient bunch; they don't want to wait through the growing pains that almost all prospects go through. Read could come in and theoretically contribute right away and thus, allow the organization to keep spinning the wheel.

Couple of major problems however. For one, the Flames are relatively stacked on the wing, and Read has primarily played in that position while with the Flyers. Now, Flyers fan say he's a natural winger, but his FO% is awful at 35% on the year, and by 26, he should be better at it. Even Schenn at 21 is doing a lot better with 45%. Secondly, acquiring Read would push Baertschi down the charts, making it even harder for him to get a spot on the roster, assuming Read stays on the wing.

But of course, judging a potential acquisition of Read would also be relative to what other deals the Flames did or did not do. If they say, moved Stempniak for a 2nd, and then Cammalleri for a centre, or even a defensive prospect, and then move Kipper or Iginla for a centre, it could work out.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:45 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
From Elliotte Friedman's latest 30 thoughts:

Bouwmeester for Read straight up would be awful. Read plus something, like say Meszaros, wouldn't be too bad. Probably fair, but probably not the type of deal the Flames should do.

Obviously, just about everyone wants them to target Couturier, who even despite his struggles this season, still holds a lot of promise. But Read, unfortunately perhaps, fits the MO of the Flames; he's young, but also entering his prime at 26. It's well known that the Flames are an impatient bunch; they don't want to wait through the growing pains that almost all prospects go through. Read could come in and theoretically contribute right away and thus, allow the organization to keep spinning the wheel.

Couple of major problems however. For one, the Flames are relatively stacked on the wing, and Read has primarily played in that position while with the Flyers. Now, Flyers fan say he's a natural winger, but his FO% is awful at 35% on the year, and by 26, he should be better at it. Even Schenn at 21 is doing a lot better with 45%. Secondly, acquiring Read would push Baertschi down the charts, making it even harder for him to get a spot on the roster, assuming Read stays on the wing.

But of course, judging a potential acquisition of Read would also be relative to what other deals the Flames did or did not do. If they say, moved Stempniak for a 2nd, and then Cammalleri for a centre, or even a defensive prospect, and then move Kipper or Iginla for a centre, it could work out.
I agree with everything in this post, except for the part I bolded. If the Flames are "impatient", why then did they draft Mark Jankowski? Sure they brought up Sven Baertschi for 10-12 games, but they saw he couldn't play, so they sent him back to the AHL. Heck, I would say that the Flames are slower in developing their prospects. The Flames are not like NYI.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Couturier is the only piece from Philly for Jbo that makes sense to me. I would even send them Reinhart in the deal.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
I agree with everything in this post, except for the part I bolded. If the Flames are "impatient", why then did they draft Mark Jankowski? Sure they brought up Sven Baertschi for 10-12 games, but they saw he couldn't play, so they sent him back to the AHL. Heck, I would say that the Flames are slower in developing their prospects. The Flames are not like NYI.
Impatient with regards to current on-ice performance for the Flames team. enough. Drafting is another matter entirely.

The organization does have a tendency to rush skilled prospects to show, but ends up banishing them to the bottom six with limited ice-time because they don't produce enough. Boyd, Backlund and to an extent, Baertschi are examples of this.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Fleury14
Kipper

vCash: 500
I doubt the Flyers would be looking to move Read even straight across for Bouwmeester.

The cap going down when salaries have gone up every year since, well, forever, is big. It's all about X production for X cost in the salary cap world, and Read at $900k is excellent value and fits with the current makeup of their team. Not to mention the Flyers are already at $61.2m for next season for 18 players, including Pronger.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:20 PM
Chris Butler
Feels bad man

Bob Mckenzie talked about Iginla on TSN. He said trade talks have begun and that he'll most likely go to Pittsburgh, Boston, Detroit, LA or Vancouver. Also, Iginla is apparently driving the trade...

Old
03-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Money Baer
COYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerstcheese View Post
Bob Mckenzie talked about Iginla on TSN. He said trade talks have begun and that he'll most likely go to Pittsburgh, Boston, Detroit, LA or Vancouver. Also, Iginla is apparently driving the trade...
I hope it's Boston, Pitts, or Detroit. I'd hate to see him dawn the nucks jersey...

Old
03-19-2013, 05:25 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Vancouver Hope someone overpays. Quite possibly the most important trade in over a decade. Could see desperate GMs. Would most enjoy seeing him on the 1. Penguins 2. Habs 3. Bruins 4. Wings.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:27 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
It's going to be a sad day when/if Iginla's traded. But, depending on the return, it might be the best move for the organization. Hopefully, Iginla wins his Cup and re-signs in Calgary down the road.

Also, I'll echo the sentiments that seeing Iginla in a Vancouver jersey would be an awful, awful sight. Boston or Detroit would be my preferences based on the speculative list.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:29 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
Vancouver Hope someone overpays. Quite possibly the most important trade in over a decade. Could see desperate GMs. Would most enjoy seeing him on the 1. Penguins 2. Habs 3. Bruins 4. Wings.
Vancouver makes the most sense for him it is very close to home and they have a very skilled core that has an opening on the RW.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Vancouver makes the most sense for him it is very close to home and they have a very skilled core that has an opening on the RW.
Only makes sense if he doesn't want to win the Cup. Aside from the fact that the Nucks have been sliding downhill, Iginla alone doesn't put them over the top.

If Iginla's chasing a cup, then LA or Boston would be the best candidates from his list.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:35 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Only makes sense if he doesn't want to win the Cup. Aside from the fact that the Nucks have been sliding downhill, Iginla alone doesn't put them over the top.

If Iginla's chasing a cup, then LA or Boston would be the best candidates from his list.
That's a very stupid statement, Vancouver has been missing their entire second line this year and need someone how can score on the pp. He fits their needs to mention adding Iginla to that team in the playoffs makes them very deadly.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
That's a very stupid statement, Vancouver has been missing their entire second line this year and need someone how can score on the pp. He fits their needs to mention adding Iginla to that team in the playoffs makes them very deadly.
The Sedins aren't the same players they were a couple of years ago when they were winning scoring trophies. Kesler's injury history makes him unreliable to be counted upon. Booth is done for the season apparently.

Simply adding Iginla won't stop the porous defense they've been playing, nor their weakness down the middle. If Kesler's healthy, the Nucks are a dangerous team, sure, but even then, I'd put teams like the Pens, Hawks, and Bruins as a better contenders for the cup.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:42 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
The Sedins aren't the same players they were a couple of years ago when they were winning scoring trophies. Kesler's injury history makes him unreliable to be counted upon. Booth is done for the season apparently.

Simply adding Iginla won't stop the porous defense they've been playing, nor their weakness down the middle. If Kesler's healthy, the Nucks are a dangerous team, sure, but even then, I'd put teams like the Pens, Hawks, and Bruins as a better contenders for the cup.
They are still contenders just not the favorite, it makes sense for us to trade him to a team that actually needs an offensive RW, Pitts doesn't need anymore offense, Boston doesn't really need offense but they are a better fit.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
They don't have a first line either if we're talking playoffs. Sedin's playstyle doesn't work against intense physical teams. One and out, book it. If they even make the POs.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:50 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
They don't have a first line either if we're talking playoffs. Sedin's playstyle doesn't work against intense physical teams. One and out, book it. If they even make the POs.
Yes it does they made it to game 7 of the finals with it.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
They are still contenders just not the favorite, it makes sense for us to trade him to a team that actually needs an offensive RW, Pitts doesn't need anymore offense, Boston doesn't really need offense but they are a better fit.
It makes sense to trade him to the team from his alleged list that provides the best offer and the Wings, Penguins and the Bruins can offer a whole lot more than the Nucks can. The Nucks have one legitimately interesting prospect in Jensen and they can't really afford to move him. Schroeder's terrible, and Gaunce doesn't project to be much more than a 3rd line centre. No one else in their prospect pool offers something the Flames don't already have in their own system.

Now, will the Bruins, Pens or Wings make a better offer? That remains to be seen, but if they're are interested, they can trump anything Vancouver can offer with ease.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:57 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
It makes sense to trade him to the team from his alleged list that provides the best offer and the Wings, Penguins and the Bruins can offer a whole lot more than the Nucks can. The Nucks have one legitimately interesting prospect in Jensen and they can't really afford to move him. Schroeder's terrible, and Gaunce doesn't project to be much more than a 3rd line centre. No one else in their prospect pool offers something the Flames don't already have in their own system.

Now, will the Bruins, Pens or Wings make a better offer? That remains to be seen, but if they're are interested, they can trump anything Vancouver can offer with ease.
The problem is that those teams don't need him as much so while they have more interesting prospects it is doubtful we get them. I am not saying he has to go to Van I am saying it makes sense why he would want to go there and why they would want him.

Boston can have all the pieces in the world but if Iggy only wants to go to PIT, DET, VAN like one source said he does then it doesn't matter what they have. Det and Van both have pressing needs at RW that can score Pitts needs defense I just don't see us getting a good offer from Pitts.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Money Baer
COYS

I can't wait until this happens/doesn't happen! I'm sick of waiting and wondering!

Iggy to the East!

Old
03-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
The problem is that those teams don't need him as much so while they have more interesting prospects it is doubtful we get them. I am not saying he has to go to Van I am saying it makes sense why he would want to go there and why they would want him.

Boston can have all the pieces in the world but if Iggy only wants to go to PIT, DET, VAN like one source said he does then it doesn't matter what they have. Det and Van both have pressing needs at RW that can score Pitts needs defense I just don't see us getting a good offer from Pitts.
There's nothing stopping the Penguins from improving their defense while also putting up a good offer for Iginla. Especially if it means Iginla goes to a team like Boston, which would be a team they'd have to face off against in the playoffs. With the way Crosby's playing and given the manner of their first round exit last year, they'll want to do everything they can to make sure they can go on a lengthy run.

And I don't see Gillis putting the best offer on the table; not when he's trading with a division rival. For the Flames to justify seeing Iginla in hated rival's jersey, the price would steep, far steeper then it would be for a team like the Wings or Pens. Gillis on the other hand, isn't going to move significant pieces like Jensen or Schneider with the possibility of them haunting the Nucks down the road. Vancouver's a bad fit trading wise. And so long as they're not the only team on Iginla's list, I don't see him going there.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:12 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
There's nothing stopping the Penguins from improving their defense while also putting up a good offer for Iginla. Especially if it means Iginla goes to a team like Boston, which would be a team they'd have to face off against in the playoffs. With the way Crosby's playing and given the manner of their first round exit last year, they'll want to do everything they can to make sure they can go on a lengthy run.

And I don't see Gillis putting the best offer on the table; not when he's trading with a division rival. For the Flames to justify seeing Iginla in hated rival's jersey, the price would steep, far steeper then it would be for a team like the Wings or Pens. Gillis on the other hand, isn't going to move significant pieces like Jensen or Schneider with the possibility of them haunting the Nucks down the road. Vancouver's a bad fit trading wise. And so long as they're not the only team on Iginla's list, I don't see him going there.
Toronto and Boston trade, there is no problem in taking the best offer on the table. Pitts isn't going to give up a good defensive prospect + 1st and then try and deal another high end defensive prospect for a defense men that would ruin what they have been building these last few years. Again if Iggy doesn't want to go to Boston then Pitts has no reason to offer up a good deal.

Last edited by TheHudlinator: 03-19-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old
03-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Toronot and Boston trade, there is no problem in taking the best offer on the table. Pitts isn't going to give up a good defensive prospect + 1st and then try and deal another high end defensive prospect for a defense men that would ruin what they have been building these last few years. Again if Iggy doesn't want to go to Boston then Pitts has no reason to offer up a good deal.
I think you're grasping at straws here based on the assumption that Pittsburgh knows everything concerning which teams will make offers and where Iginla will go. They will not.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:23 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Toronot and Boston trade, there is no problem in taking the best offer on the table. Pitts isn't going to give up a good defensive prospect + 1st and then try and deal another high end defensive prospect for a defense men that would ruin what they have been building these last few years. Again if Iggy doesn't want to go to Boston then Pitts has no reason to offer up a good deal.
Boston and Toronto may have made some trades, but the prices were incredibly steep. Kessel cost the Leafs two 1sts, and a 2nd, while Kaberle cost the Bruins a 1st, conditional 3rd and Colbourne.

Again, chances of the Nucks putting the best offer on the table are a whole lot slimmer than any of the other teams that could be on Iginla's list. The Nucks would have to put Jensen as well as a 2013 first on the table just to be viable contender for Iginla and not only could others teams beat that offer, it's unlikely the Nucks would even go that far.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:38 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Boston and Toronto may have made some trades, but the prices were incredibly steep. Kessel cost the Leafs two 1sts, and a 2nd, while Kaberle cost the Bruins a 1st, conditional 3rd and Colbourne.

Again, chances of the Nucks putting the best offer on the table are a whole lot slimmer than any of the other teams that could be on Iginla's list. The Nucks would have to put Jensen as well as a 2013 first on the table just to be viable contender for Iginla and not only could others teams beat that offer, it's unlikely the Nucks would even go that far.
Agree its unlikely, I never said it was likely my point was that Vancouver is as crazy as some acted at first as they have the need and have several pieces that could get Iginla they just most likely won't put them on the table.

Closed Thread