HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Ryan to the Leafs!

Old
03-19-2013, 04:27 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
You really think the coach didn't know how to use him? Or did the coach have a plan for the better of the team (even if in hindsight it might have been wrong) that didn't agree with Kyle's version of how he should be used? It may have been a poor decision on the coach's part but it was an even poorer one on Kyle's part in how he handled it.

It means he is not a team player. The next time the going gets tough he will once again put himself first over the team. No team needs **** like that.
Whether the coach didn't know how to use him, or chose to improperly use him really doesn't matter. The fact is, that he is playing very well in a top 6 role with the Sens, and has since he got here. And even when he's not scoring, he's generating great chances, and any droughts he's had have not been from lack of effort.

I'm curious how much of the Sens you've seen since Turris got here. I'm guessing not much. I've seen about 80 games a year, plus the playoffs. We are very happy with him, but within the context of Anaheim needing a 2C for Ryan, I offered up a legit 2C, instead of the spare parts normally offered up in proposals around here.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Whether the coach didn't know how to use him, or chose to improperly use him really doesn't matter. The fact is, that he is playing very well in a top 6 role with the Sens, and has since he got here. And even when he's not scoring, he's generating great chances, and any droughts he's had have not been from lack of effort.

I'm curious how much of the Sens you've seen since Turris got here. I'm guessing not much. I've seen about 80 games a year, plus the playoffs. We are very happy with him, but within the context of Anaheim needing a 2C for Ryan, I offered up a legit 2C, instead of the spare parts normally offered up in proposals around here.
The issue is not how well he is playing when content. It's how he will behave when asked to do something for the team that doesn't square with his perception of "how he should be used". You're ignoring his childish behavior in PHX because he is producing in OTT. Apples and oranges.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 06:29 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Not clowning but it is funny how leafs fans have started threads for Getzlaf, then Perry, now Ryan.
If Ryans stays puts are Fowler proposals next? lol
Its funny how Leafs fans start these threads all the time. They then make lowball offers. When a Non-Leaf fan makes a fair offer it gets rejected immediately.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote