Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 06:39 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
I think you're grasping at straws here based on the assumption that Pittsburgh knows everything concerning which teams will make offers and where Iginla will go. They will not.
I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:41 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Lol at thinking Iginla will waive to play with the Canucks.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Nordberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying.
Sounded to me like you were basically saying that it was more likely VAN gets Iggy than PIT, partially based on the aforementioned assumption. I just don't see it happening really.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:45 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
Sounded to me like you were basically saying that it was more likely VAN gets Iggy than PIT, partially based on the aforementioned assumption. I just don't see it happening really.
No I was saying it isn't unrealistic for Van to give us a better offer.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:30 PM
BVicious

I can honestly tell you that no matter where the Flames are in the standings come deadline......Iginla will not be traded.

Source: My heart.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:40 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Again, chances of the Nucks putting the best offer on the table are a whole lot slimmer than any of the other teams that could be on Iginla's list. The Nucks would have to put Jensen as well as a 2013 first on the table just to be viable contender for Iginla and not only could others teams beat that offer, it's unlikely the Nucks would even go that far.

Makes me nauseous just thinking of Iginla in that uniform. Couldn't care less what their offer is - No thanks.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Zoombie

Quote:
No I was saying it isn't unrealistic for Van to give us a better offer.
No matter the offer, Iginla wouldn't waive for VAN. And Feaster doesn't have a deathwish as far as I know, so he probably won't send him there.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:05 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
No matter the offer, Iginla wouldn't waive for VAN. And Feaster doesn't have a deathwish as far as I know, so he probably won't send him there.
Baised on what, according to TSN they are on his list, just because you don't want to see him there doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:08 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Baised on what, according to TSN they are on his list, just because you don't want to see him there doesn't mean it couldn't happen.
Wrong. According to TSN "some people" (nobody was specified) believe Vancouver is on his list. This is all PURE speculation to get attention for their TDL special. His list could be 3 teams, or 5 teams! Wow, intriguing stuff Bob!

It could still happen regardless but it is extremely unlikely for many, many reasons.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:15 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Wrong. According to TSN "some people" (nobody was specified) believe Vancouver is on his list. This is all PURE speculation to get attention for their TDL special. His list could be 3 teams, or 5 teams! Wow, intriguing stuff Bob!

It could still happen regardless but it is extremely unlikely for many, many reasons.
Well yes but general TSN reports what sources say, they are being told that there are about 5 teams Iggy will consider and one of those teams is Vancouver.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:

Not to mention McKenzie's been mistaken about the Flames a couple of times already this season.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:13 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
I get why people wouldn't want to see Iggy as a Nuck. But emotions aside, what difference does it make if the Canucks can provide the best trade value? And while they give him a chance at a cup and thats nice, business is business and they're buyers desperate for impact at winning a cup.

Hell for Kassian a 1st, 2nd and Schroeder, I wouldn't even shake Iggys hand and thank him for his years of service before kicking him out the door and throwing a Canucks Jersey at him. Not that I'd think the Canucks give all that up, but the point remains.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:36 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I get why people wouldn't want to see Iggy as a Nuck. But emotions aside, what difference does it make if the Canucks can provide the best trade value? And while they give him a chance at a cup and thats nice, business is business and they're buyers desperate for impact at winning a cup.

Hell for Kassian a 1st, 2nd and Schroeder, I wouldn't even shake Iggys hand and thank him for his years of service before kicking him out the door and throwing a Canucks Jersey at him. Not that I'd think the Canucks give all that up, but the point remains.
To me it's just a slap in the face to the organization. Sure lets trade our franchise leading goal scorer to our rivals and watch him win for them. It's just not right, no matter the value.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:35 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
To me it's just a slap in the face to the organization. Sure lets trade our franchise leading goal scorer to our rivals and watch him win for them. It's just not right, no matter the value.
As a opposed to what, letting his hopes slowly fade away in Calgary? As opposed to trying to trading him to a team he doesn't want to go? As opposed to getting **** all in return because the buyer forced your hand?

I see negotiations happen all the time in business. Those who let their feelings get the best of their judgment don't maximize their return.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:25 AM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Some posters on Flamesnation are saying Feaster is asking for: A top prospect, roster player, 1st for JayBow. Has anyone heard anything about this? Links?

If so, would people be opposed to Read, Laughton, 1st? Allows them to acquire the top D they need, while keeping Couts, Schenn. They are loaded with C and Wingers, so losing Read and Laughton wouldn't hurt as bad. It would benefit a rebuilding Flames team very much, and help jump start this new direction. The first would have to be protected (if they miss the playoffs this year, we get 2014...) or it could be a 2nd 2013... Thoughts?

Old
03-20-2013, 12:53 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Some posters on Flamesnation are saying Feaster is asking for: A top prospect, roster player, 1st for JayBow. Has anyone heard anything about this? Links?

If so, would people be opposed to Read, Laughton, 1st? Allows them to acquire the top D they need, while keeping Couts, Schenn. They are loaded with C and Wingers, so losing Read and Laughton wouldn't hurt as bad. It would benefit a rebuilding Flames team very much, and help jump start this new direction. The first would have to be protected (if they miss the playoffs this year, we get 2014...) or it could be a 2nd 2013... Thoughts?
Read, Laughton and say a conditional first (either 2013 or 2014)? Yeah, I'd do that. Move Iginla to the Pens for one of their defensive prospects, ideally one of the more NHL ready players, and wishfully, Cammalleri with half salary retained for a first plus somewhere else. It would give the Flames 3 first rounders in a very deep draft, plus a forward ready to compete now in Read, as well as two solid prospects in Laughton and whichever Penguin defensemen they acquire.

But I don't believe the Flyers can take on Bouwmeester's contract without sending some kind of salary back. As such, the roster player would probably have to be Meszaros as opposed to Read. In which case, move Iginla to the Bruins for Spooner or Khokhlachev for a better balance.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:29 AM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Read, Laughton and say a conditional first (either 2013 or 2014)? Yeah, I'd do that. Move Iginla to the Pens for one of their defensive prospects, ideally one of the more NHL ready players, and wishfully, Cammalleri with half salary retained for a first plus somewhere else. It would give the Flames 3 first rounders in a very deep draft, plus a forward ready to compete now in Read, as well as two solid prospects in Laughton and whichever Penguin defensemen they acquire.

But I don't believe the Flyers can take on Bouwmeester's contract without sending some kind of salary back. As such, the roster player would probably have to be Meszaros as opposed to Read. In which case, move Iginla to the Bruins for Spooner or Khokhlachev for a better balance.
Mez, Laughton, 1st 2013 (protected) for Jay Bow.

Iggy for Khokhlachev + 1st 2013.

Cammy @ 4.5 caphit for 1st 2013 + (minor).

Not to mention our own top 5 - 10 pick this year... This could potentially shave off 2-years of a rebuild.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:42 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Here is what I would try to do.

To Calgary
Ryan Spooner
Torey Krug
1st Round Pick 2013

To Boston
Jarome Iginla (sign and trade for whatever works for Bruins/Iggy )

----

To Calgary
Taylor Beck or Jonathan Blum
2nd Round Pick

To Nashville
Mike Cammalleri

----

To Calgary
Matt Read
Scott Laughton

To Philadelphia
Mark Giordano
Lee Stempniak

Old
03-20-2013, 02:53 AM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 575
Quote:
Here is what I would try to do.

To Calgary
Ryan Spooner
Torey Krug
1st Round Pick 2013

To Boston
Jarome Iginla (sign and trade for whatever works for Bruins/Iggy )

----

To Calgary
Taylor Beck or Jonathan Blum
2nd Round Pick

To Nashville
Mike Cammalleri

----

To Calgary
Matt Read
Scott Laughton

To Philadelphia
Mark Giordano
Lee Stempniak
For the Boston deal, I would like to try to get Khokhlachev and 1st rather than Spooner & Krug, imo.

I do like the Nashville deal for Blum and a 2nd.

For Philly, I would like to try to pry a 1st out of them in a package with Read and Laughton, I think it would have to be Bouwmeester+Stemps instead of Gio though. Not sure... Thoughts?

Old
03-20-2013, 02:53 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

On second thought Philly does not have the cap space to take on that much salary. They would have to throw in Meszaros, and we would have to put in a sweetener.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:59 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
For the Boston deal, I would like to try to get Khokhlachev and 1st rather than Spooner & Krug, imo.

For Philly, I would like to try to pry a 1st out of them in a package with Read and Laughton, I think it would have to be Bouwmeester+Stemps instead of Gio though. Not sure... Thoughts?
I would not be upset with that change in the Boston deal, however I personally like Spooner more and Krug is a very intriguing puck moving prospect (albeit undersized)

As far as the Philly proposal, I don't know. I kind of just threw it together.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:16 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post

No way will Philly move their 1st this year, their pick has as much potential to be top 5 as our own. Although they may consider moving their 2014 pick.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:37 AM
MarkGio

Quote:

I wouldn't trade Jbow. That would turn us into a rebuilding team for 10 years. If the Oilers and Islanders taught us anything, you need legit defenders to keep you afloat

Old
03-20-2013, 10:22 AM
The Hendog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I wouldn't trade Jbow. That would turn us into a rebuilding team for 10 years. If the Oilers and Islanders taught us anything, you need legit defenders to keep you afloat
We are essentially a team that should be rebuilding now with Jbow
3 years without a playoff appearance and currently sitting 2nd last in the West with only a miracle run hope of making the playoffs; aka 4 straight years without a playoff appearance.

And how do you figure 10 years? We could lose Jbow for nothing after the end of next season if he were to leave as a free agent - that would set us back more in a rebuild than would trading Jbow when his value is at its highest.

And it is not like the Oilers & Islanders haven't tried to address there D through the draft (Klefbom, Musil, Reinhart) its just that defenceman take longer to develop and become effective in the NHL compared to forwards (Eberle, Hall, Taveres etc). Both the Oilers and Islanders have a more exciting and prosperous looking future in my opinion as compared to the Flames because of the drafting and its time the Flames built through the draft more and be more patient.

And I think the Flames drafting has already started to improve based on the potential & success so far of players like Brodie, Sven, Gaudrea, Reinheart etc. we just need to continue this trend and things will hopefully improve in the future. And if you can speed up this process by getting more picks & prospects in exchange for assets now that aren't taking the team to the promised land then all the better in my opinion.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:25 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:

I would be quite pleased if that was a return for Bouw, and honestly I don't even think its too much. He has been lights out this year, other than a couple of odd defensive gaffs.

Closed Thread