HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Putting It All Together-What does Jarmo do now?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-13-2013, 09:40 AM
  #76
General Jacket70
Registered User
 
General Jacket70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 582
vCash: 500
The goal of the "Plan" is to be an elite team, challenge regularly for the Stanley Cup (because anything can happen in the playoffs), and solidify Columbus as a hockey town; both to fans and the rest of the NHL.

Yea, i know, stating the obvious. But I think that's THE measuring stick for evaluating this current roster and how they'll evaluate any trades, siginings/resignings. "Do these players/picks get us closer to our goal?" Not, "Ohh, I really like this player and so will our fans (seemingly GMDM on Federov)" or "He's still got some potential, I think I'll stick with him another year (seemingly GMSH on Mason)".

General Jacket70 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 09:57 AM
  #77
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
If we mortgage some future pieces for a chance to "Win Now", the "Brick by Brick" building will take longer to build.

The thinking seems to be that, if we make the playoffs, then anything can happen. I hope Jarmo and JD aren't willing to bank some of the future to try and chase that notion.

Making the playoffs once every 3 years or so (and only then by the skin of our teeth) shouldn't be goal. The goal should be playoffs and advancement and be a serious factor each year. Its going to take more time, because its never been done right.

Jarmo and JD can't turn the clocks back and undo the mistakes of the past, and you can't judge them on those mistakes. As long as they acknowledge our suffering as fans and work as hard as they can to make this work positively, there's not much more I can ask right now.
I think you've done a great job of envisioning the worst possible scenario possible. You have created in a situation in which attempting to win is not in the best interest of the team. Not uncommon, but I find it distasteful. The concept of attempting to tank is very distasteful to me. I don't think the Jackets are in a position, yet, to make a move to attempt to make the playoffs.

I'll be honest, I don't think there are many paths to a #2 pick left to us. The players would have to quit. Even injuries don't phase us anymore. I think this is beyond the front office now, for good or ill.

Now, on to important business. Mods, can we have "brick by brick" activate the profanity filter? This is like listening to Rimer say "Jackets are changing on the fly" 50 times a game. Except this is worse, because it's now a cliche. We twist every move we support into a "brick", even if JD wouldn't agree.

blahblah is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 10:14 AM
  #78
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I think you've done a great job of envisioning the worst possible scenario possible. You have created in a situation in which attempting to win is not in the best interest of the team. Not uncommon, but I find it distasteful. The concept of attempting to tank is very distasteful to me. I don't think the Jackets are in a position, yet, to make a move to attempt to make the playoffs.

I'll be honest, I don't think there are many paths to a #2 pick left to us. The players would have to quit. Even injuries don't phase us anymore. I think this is beyond the front office now, for good or ill.

Now, on to important business. Mods, can we have "brick by brick" activate the profanity filter? This is like listening to Rimer say "Jackets are changing on the fly" 50 times a game. Except this is worse, because it's now a cliche. We twist every move we support into a "brick", even if JD wouldn't agree.
"Tanking" is not what I was proposing. Send the players out there, let the chips fall where they will.

Regardless, Its up to the Players and Coaches to Win games with what their given, whatever the architects do, I have no doubt the end goal will be to make this a team competing to go deep in the playoffs each season, instead of what its been.

Realizing what we have, right now, I don't think thats a feasible goal this season.

KeithBWhittington is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 10:39 AM
  #79
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,088
vCash: 500
From today' Dispatch:

Quote:
By winning, they still could be losing, a situation the frustrated fan base knows only too well. In nine of the Blue Jackets’ 13 drafts, their first pick ranged from No. 4 to No. 8, which means they have been just good enough to miss out on the top picks that have become the game’s biggest stars.
The current situation is more complicated. If the Jackets are on the upswing, if they are finding their identity, changing the losing culture and building a positive atmosphere, that might be even better than getting a top draft pick and planting him on a team stuck at the bottom of the league.
It makes for an interesting discussion everywhere but in the Blue Jackets’ locker room: Players don’t play for draft picks.
“You talk to anybody in the room, you’re in the moment, you’re playing for now,” coach Todd Richards said. “You’re playing for this season. You aren’t playing for next year. You’re not playing for three or four years down the road. We’re playing for right now.”
With five straight victories and a shootout loss that added another point, “right now” is pretty good. But after the Jackets get through this stretch of nine of 10 games at home, they finish the season with 12 of 17 on the road, which is where this starts to get hairy.
If the Blue Jackets win enough to separate themselves from the bottom feeders and then have a bad finish, they don’t get the benefits of losing — a top pick — or of winning, another lose-lose for a franchise up to its proverbial neck in them.
As dire as that sounds, this might be a good place for the worrywarts among us to take a deep breath. John Davidson, the team’s president of hockey operations, talks about “the integrity of a group of players working hard every night and playing their best” being important to him, and said that if the team gets a lower pick “it’s our job” to pick the right player.
He said the best player the team drafted while he was the Blues’ team president and new Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen was the director of amateur scouting — defenseman Alex Pietrangelo — was a fourth overall pick, and that was the highest pick they had when they turned that franchise around.
At a time when winning induces panic, this should serve reassuring reminders that there are new guys in charge in Columbus, and being the worst of the worst isn’t the only way to win.
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...raft-pick.html

So rare that Hunter writes anything with which I can agree!


Last edited by SuperGenius: 03-19-2013 at 10:34 PM.
pete goegan is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 10:42 AM
  #80
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
A very interesting take from Bob Hunter.

__________________
__________________

I post, therefore I am.
Roadman is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 10:58 AM
  #81
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
By winning, they still could be losing, a situation the frustrated fan base knows only too well. In nine of the Blue Jackets’ 13 drafts, their first pick ranged from No. 4 to No. 8, which means they have been just good enough to miss out on the top picks that have become the game’s biggest stars.
The current situation is more complicated. If the Jackets are on the upswing, if they are finding their identity, changing the losing culture and building a positive atmosphere, that might be even better than getting a top draft pick and planting him on a team stuck at the bottom of the league.
It makes for an interesting discussion everywhere but in the Blue Jackets’ locker room: Players don’t play for draft picks.
“You talk to anybody in the room, you’re in the moment, you’re playing for now,” coach Todd Richards said. “You’re playing for this season. You aren’t playing for next year. You’re not playing for three or four years down the road. We’re playing for right now.”
With five straight victories and a shootout loss that added another point, “right now” is pretty good. But after the Jackets get through this stretch of nine of 10 games at home, they finish the season with 12 of 17 on the road, which is where this starts to get hairy.
If the Blue Jackets win enough to separate themselves from the bottom feeders and then have a bad finish, they don’t get the benefits of losing — a top pick — or of winning, another lose-lose for a franchise up to its proverbial neck in them.
As dire as that sounds, this might be a good place for the worrywarts among us to take a deep breath. John Davidson, the team’s president of hockey operations, talks about “the integrity of a group of players working hard every night and playing their best” being important to him, and said that if the team gets a lower pick “it’s our job” to pick the right player.
He said the best player the team drafted while he was the Blues’ team president and new Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen was the director of amateur scouting — defenseman Alex Pietrangelo — was a fourth overall pick, and that was the highest pick they had when they turned that franchise around.
At a time when winning induces panic, this should serve reassuring reminders that there are new guys in charge in Columbus, and being the worst of the worst isn’t the only way to win.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...raft-pick.html

So rare that Hunter writes anything with which I can agree!
Pretty sure you (and others) have suggested this very thing prior, so technically Hunter agrees with you!

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassé is online now  
Old
03-13-2013, 11:09 AM
  #82
davidbklyn
Registered User
 
davidbklyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
By winning, they still could be losing, a situation the frustrated fan base knows only too well. In nine of the Blue Jackets’ 13 drafts, their first pick ranged from No. 4 to No. 8, which means they have been just good enough to miss out on the top picks that have become the game’s biggest stars.
The current situation is more complicated. If the Jackets are on the upswing, if they are finding their identity, changing the losing culture and building a positive atmosphere, that might be even better than getting a top draft pick and planting him on a team stuck at the bottom of the league.
It makes for an interesting discussion everywhere but in the Blue Jackets’ locker room: Players don’t play for draft picks.
“You talk to anybody in the room, you’re in the moment, you’re playing for now,” coach Todd Richards said. “You’re playing for this season. You aren’t playing for next year. You’re not playing for three or four years down the road. We’re playing for right now.”
With five straight victories and a shootout loss that added another point, “right now” is pretty good. But after the Jackets get through this stretch of nine of 10 games at home, they finish the season with 12 of 17 on the road, which is where this starts to get hairy.
If the Blue Jackets win enough to separate themselves from the bottom feeders and then have a bad finish, they don’t get the benefits of losing — a top pick — or of winning, another lose-lose for a franchise up to its proverbial neck in them.
As dire as that sounds, this might be a good place for the worrywarts among us to take a deep breath. John Davidson, the team’s president of hockey operations, talks about “the integrity of a group of players working hard every night and playing their best” being important to him, and said that if the team gets a lower pick “it’s our job” to pick the right player.
He said the best player the team drafted while he was the Blues’ team president and new Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen was the director of amateur scouting — defenseman Alex Pietrangelo — was a fourth overall pick, and that was the highest pick they had when they turned that franchise around.
At a time when winning induces panic, this should serve reassuring reminders that there are new guys in charge in Columbus, and being the worst of the worst isn’t the only way to win.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...raft-pick.html

So rare that Hunter writes anything with which I can agree!
the hobbit gets it right

a high draft pick would be great, but you just don't want Joey and Calvert and everyone else to put this work in and look around and see that all it got them was to be the worst team in the NHL. Not good for development

davidbklyn is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 01:32 PM
  #83
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
"Tanking" is not what I was proposing. Send the players out there, let the chips fall where they will.

Regardless, Its up to the Players and Coaches to Win games with what their given, whatever the architects do, I have no doubt the end goal will be to make this a team competing to go deep in the playoffs each season, instead of what its been.

Realizing what we have, right now, I don't think thats a feasible goal this season.
The reality is we aren't going to give up useful asset(s) for rental(s). If they do, we can march on Nationwide. Having said that if they pick up a rental for a Teddy Ruth, as an example, I'll be annoyed if we yell and scream about it.

I think, ultimately, there will be a strategy around what we do. If we are truly in competition for the first overall pick at the deadline, I expect we'll sell. If we are fairly close, but a pretender, we could very well still sell. If we are truly in it, then I wouldn't be shocked if the front office tries to help the team in small ways.

I fully expect us to embrace a lateral move that adds needed skill to the forward position at any time, regardless of record.

blahblah is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 05:11 PM
  #84
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
The reality is we aren't going to give up useful asset(s) for rental(s). If they do, we can march on Nationwide. Having said that if they pick up a rental for a Teddy Ruth, as an example, I'll be annoyed if we yell and scream about it.

I think, ultimately, there will be a strategy around what we do. If we are truly in competition for the first overall pick at the deadline, I expect we'll sell. If we are fairly close, but a pretender, we could very well still sell. If we are truly in it, then I wouldn't be shocked if the front office tries to help the team in small ways.

I fully expect us to embrace a lateral move that adds needed skill to the forward position at any time, regardless of record.
in other words, trade a brick for abrick if we have too many bricks one place and need some in a different area

EspenK is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 06:05 PM
  #85
LetsGOJackets!!
Registered User
 
LetsGOJackets!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 2,472
vCash: 500
come on folks.. playoffs? did he say playoffs?

It has been fun watching this team play & I really like the character of the team and the fact that they have been competitive. IMO having watched decades of playoff hockey, this team does not have the horses to compete with the playoff teams we are void of first tier talent (though I really like Joey, Cam and our young dmen).

Look at the talent on other teams, like the Nucks last night, Bobby Lou in net, two Sedins, Kesler, Edler, Burrows, Raymond, Bieksa Hamhuis (Schneider as backup goalie)

The Hawks? Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Crawford in net, and their bit players are playing lights out

We need some first line talent & I know that drafting them won't fill next year's top line.. this is 2 to 3 year rebuild. Just a little more confident now that we will get there. Priest running the org.. no thanks.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 07:28 PM
  #86
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,001
vCash: 500
Nothing wrong with give the fans a little taste of what's to come, much like giving an A-leaguer a "cup of coffee" in the show.

Considering our remaining schedule and the number of games other teams have in hand, I have no expectations of blowing our top 5 draft position.

That said, I DO expect our kids to bear down and go for it!

leesmith is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 08:09 AM
  #87
Nordique
Registered User
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 6,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
It has been fun watching this team play & I really like the character of the team and the fact that they have been competitive. IMO having watched decades of playoff hockey, this team does not have the horses to compete with the playoff teams we are void of first tier talent (though I really like Joey, Cam and our young dmen).

Look at the talent on other teams, like the Nucks last night, Bobby Lou in net, two Sedins, Kesler, Edler, Burrows, Raymond, Bieksa Hamhuis (Schneider as backup goalie)

The Hawks? Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Crawford in net, and their bit players are playing lights out

We need some first line talent & I know that drafting them won't fill next year's top line.. this is 2 to 3 year rebuild. Just a little more confident now that we will get there. Priest running the org.. no thanks.
You are also talking about maybe the top 2 talented teams in the West. Fact is we have more talent on the blue line than all but a few Western teams, and more depth at forward than most. Yes we lack top end talent at forward.

Nordique is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 10:34 AM
  #88
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?
 
Dr. Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacketstown, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 6,598
vCash: 500
I think that it is natural to want to win, while at the same time want to land a top draft pick. What I mean is, that when I leave the arena after a win, I feel damn good. When I leave the arena after another loss, I am not really consoled by the fact that we will get a top draft pick.

What I mean is, that I think we all want to win, but if we have to lose, a high pick is at least a consolation prize.

I would much rather be in every game and win most of them, then worry about draft picks, trades, etc later.

Dr. Fire is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 06:56 PM
  #89
puckfan13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
Hey guys, don't know if you're interested, but about a month ago I did a quick thing on Jarmo and his history at the draft and how important drafts are in building teams... Maybe somebody's done something like that, I'm sure lots of stories have been written about him in the papers and blogs and such.

It's just my personal blog, I do it for fun, not for any other motive, but I'm really looking forward to what Jarmo can do in Columbus, really admire the guy.

http://nhlwhiteboard.blogspot.ca/201...uting-and.html

I also summarized an interview he did with Craig Button on TSN's draft centre podcast:
http://nhlwhiteboard.blogspot.ca/2013/03/interesting-interviews-mike-babcock.html

Any feedback is appreciated! Negative or positive, I welcome all criticism if it improves what I can put out.

Cheers and good luck CBJ fans, enjoying watching your hard-working team this year after a few dark seasons.

puckfan13 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 08:45 PM
  #90
Sore Loser
Since 2009
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
Hey guys, don't know if you're interested, but about a month ago I did a quick thing on Jarmo and his history at the draft and how important drafts are in building teams... Maybe somebody's done something like that, I'm sure lots of stories have been written about him in the papers and blogs and such.

It's just my personal blog, I do it for fun, not for any other motive, but I'm really looking forward to what Jarmo can do in Columbus, really admire the guy.

http://nhlwhiteboard.blogspot.ca/201...uting-and.html

I also summarized an interview he did with Craig Button on TSN's draft centre podcast:
http://nhlwhiteboard.blogspot.ca/2013/03/interesting-interviews-mike-babcock.html

Any feedback is appreciated! Negative or positive, I welcome all criticism if it improves what I can put out.

Cheers and good luck CBJ fans, enjoying watching your hard-working team this year after a few dark seasons.
Solid read!

Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for sharing. I think that, for the first time in franchise history, this is finally something for the fans in Columbus to be excited about. As someone who dabbles in the world of scouting, I couldn't be more excited to see a competent GM at the helm, especially when it comes to prospects. I really think that this year's draft - more than any other - will be absolutely critical to the future of this franchise, especially with three first round picks. Something special brewing in Columbus, and in a few years, this team could be a real contender.

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 08:47 PM
  #91
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,041
vCash: 500
Good stuff. Thanks.

EspenK is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:27 PM
  #92
Robert
BOB
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,044
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Solid read!

Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for sharing. I think that, for the first time in franchise history, this is finally something for the fans in Columbus to be excited about. As someone who dabbles in the world of scouting, I couldn't be more excited to see a competent GM at the helm, especially when it comes to prospects. I really think that this year's draft - more than any other - will be absolutely critical to the future of this franchise, especially with three first round picks. Something special brewing in Columbus, and in a few years, this team could be a real contender.
I can't disagree with anything in your post, other than the fact that Jarmo hasn't done anything that I know of to contribute the CBJ thus far.... I think JD has had an impact on the CBJ organization and the current 11 point game run simply because he's John Davidson.... Few here even knew much about Jarmo before he was hired...

That said, impress me Jarmo.... I think you will.

Robert is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 10:12 PM
  #93
Sore Loser
Since 2009
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I can't disagree with anything in your post, other than the fact that Jarmo hasn't done anything that I know of to contribute the CBJ thus far.... I think JD has had an impact on the CBJ organization and the current 11 point game run simply because he's John Davidson.... Few here even knew much about Jarmo before he was hired...

That said, impress me Jarmo.... I think you will.
Didn't say he has done anything yet - but, we shall see...

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 10:21 PM
  #94
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Didn't say he has done anything yet - but, we shall see...
Maybe Jarmo should do exactly that at the trade deadline.... NOTHING.

leesmith is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 10:27 PM
  #95
teamkory
Registered User
 
teamkory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Didn't say he has done anything yet - but, we shall see...
he called up prout right?

#goodluck charm

teamkory is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 10:28 PM
  #96
Robert
BOB
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,044
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Maybe Jarmo should do exactly that at the trade deadline.... NOTHING.
It's going to be interesting no doubt... If the CBJ are in position to make the playoffs perhaps nothing needs to be done? I do know bringing in one player, without any team chemistry, often does little... But on the other hand the perfect player could do a lot...

If anyone I'd think Jarmo is having nightmares right now, he might be forced to make a decison that could impact the gate, team revenue and fans greatly...

We will see eh...

Robert is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 10:30 PM
  #97
Robert
BOB
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,044
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamkory View Post
he called up prout right?

#goodluck charm
He's a big guy, I see him more of an enforcer in the future than anything else... but I've been wrong before.

Robert is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 11:01 PM
  #98
Sore Loser
Since 2009
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Maybe Jarmo should do exactly that at the trade deadline.... NOTHING.
I agree.

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 07:17 AM
  #99
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,088
vCash: 500
What should we know about this guy (quoted from today's Dispatch)?:


"Undrafted right wing Alex Aleardi was signed to an amateur tryout agreement by minor-league Springfield yesterday.

Aleardi, 20, was a standout invitee to Blue Jackets development camp in June and also was invited to the team’s fall training camp that eventually was canceled by the NHL lockout.

Aleardi had a career-high 71 points (27 goals, 44 assists) for Plymouth and Windsor in his fifth and final season in the Ontario Hockey League."

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...milestone.html

pete goegan is offline  
Old
03-20-2013, 08:04 AM
  #100
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,009
vCash: 500
This has been a great run, I hope it continues. AS far as JK and JD goes, how do you reconcile the team performance versus the challenges again?

We have to win around 5 or so games above .500 the rest of the way to have a shot, at all. The only team within striking distance ATM is SJ. If the top teams continue this pace, 5 games over .500 would only put us in position to take out SJ.

We basically have to win out at home (6-0 or 5-0-1), with a possible OT loss to the Ducks, and finish .500 on the road to have a chance. That is tall order. We are 3-8-1 on the road.

We are set up nicely if we can survive 2 against both the Ducks and Blues, as we face SJ twice.

We look in a better position than we are, when you consider the schedule. But having said that, I didn't think we would be 7-0-4 in our last 11 games either. That is taking care of things at home. 9-4-5 at home is a worthy record for a 6-8 seed.

I guess what I am saying is that, I'm not sure there is a good answer on what we should be doing. The next 5 games will be very interesting. If we are going to prove we can take this game on the road, that Canadian trip is the place to do it. If we stumble, the decision is made for us.

My opinion. If we take 7 of 8 points (3-1-1) in that Canadian trip, as well as beat Calgary, on Friday, we look at trying to find an inexpensive forward rental to add to the depth of the team and maybe spark something like Vermette or JW did. If for no other reason to show the players you are behind them.

We should always have our ear to the ground on a d for forward swap.


Last edited by blahblah: 03-20-2013 at 08:11 AM.
blahblah is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.