HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Prospect Thread XVI

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

vCash: 500
I dunno if I see Taker signing here. If I were a left side defenseman I don't think I'd sign with a team that has Edler, Hamhuis, and Garrison signed long term.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerSTUzzi View Post
Ryan Walters is another free agent and he put up:

U. of Nebraska-Omaha WCHA GP 39 G 22 A 30 Pts 52
Is he actually done school? He has one more year of eligibility so he could stay in college.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:06 PM
timw33

Bellville series starts on Thursday vs Missasauga.

Kitchener series starts on Friday vs Guelph.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:42 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
What's the stats on these guys? It seems like they are at least a week away from any real decision.

I agree with you feebster on Laganiere's potential upside. Could end up a top6er. Hard to play against as well. Good vids. Any word on Taker? I hope VAN can play the hometown angle here, something that didn't work with Shultz.

I think I'm alone in this, but I would like Laganiere more than Sustr. Plays a very direct game.
I somewhat feel the same way, I don't know if Laganiere will be a top 6 guy but definetly a really good 3rd liner, that perhaps has a chance of being a top 6 guy.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:01 AM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Is he actually done school? He has one more year of eligibility so he could stay in college.
He was on the HF Boards NCAA free agent list, DeKeyser was on that list last year as well.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:13 PM
canuck4life16
Anti-tank campaign

vCash: 50
Looks like Canucks is going hard after Laganiere no surprise but we should not expect anything until end of March since he is not finish school yet (NCAA tournament still on for his team)

I say we have a chance fighting against pens and Edmonton for him

Last edited by canuck4life16: 03-19-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old
03-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Canuckee

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
Looks like Canucks is going hard after Laganiere hard! no surprise but we should not expect anything until end of March since he is not finish school yet (NCAA tournament still on for his team)

I say we have a chance fighting against pens and Edmonton for him
Where are you getting your information from?

Old
03-19-2013, 02:27 PM
canuck4life16
Anti-tank campaign

Yale forward Antoine Laganiere will pick his NHL team at the end of the month after the NCAA Championships.
Quote:
Laganiere tells CKWX that the #Canucks are 1 of the teams in the mix to land his services.
Quote:
Laganiere says the Canucks are a very viable option for him - enjoyed his Canucks training camp 2 years ago.
Quote:
Laganiere appreciated the fact Mike Gillis and Lawrence Gillman went to see him play - had a chat with the two after the game.
Quote:
1st Kellan Lain - if the Canucks land the 6-4 and 215 pound Laganiere - would be a good U-S recruiting month.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...rom-nhl-teams/

http://canucksarmy.com/2013/2/5/mcke...toine-laganire

Quote:
mong the group of available free agent forwards this season, none has garnered as much NHL interest as Yale senior Antoine Laganiere. At least a dozen teams are vying for the Ile Cadieux, QC native’s services. Among the teams pursuing Laganiere is the Vancouver Canucks, whose prospect camp he attended in 2011. The Edmonton Oilers and the Pittsburgh Penguins are also among those showing interest. The senior winger attended both teams’ prospect camps last summer. Laganiere is currently third on the Bulldogs roster with 24 points (12 goals, 12 assists) in 29 games to date. He co-leads Yale with two game-winners and ranks second with six power-play goals.

Laganiere is a 6’4”, 197-pound power forward who uses his frame exceedingly well in creating space and opportunities. Where this is particularly noticeable is in his strong play in the dirty areas, an attribute that has made scouts take notice, as well. Laganiere takes full advantage of his size, reach and tremendous strength in maintaining both puck control and his positioning. He is not one to shy away from the physical aspects of the game. He can deliver solid checks and is aggressive on the forecheck. He is also a competitor. One notable improvement Laganiere has made since arriving at Yale is in his skating. He is an excellent skater with great mobility and skates with long, powerful strides. His added strength has greatly enhanced his speed and agility. Laganiere possesses great hands and a blisteringly hard shot. He can make nice, crisp passes, and along with his outstanding vision, can utilize open spaces quite effectively. He also has great finishing ability. One of Laganiere’s best assets is his stick, which he uses equally well in both offensive and defensive situations.

copy and paste from main board thread

Old
03-19-2013, 02:58 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
^ Thanks for those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbitterguy View Post
gentlemen, start your drooling.
You think I needed to be told to start?

Old
03-19-2013, 03:20 PM
PRNuck
Wow. What a day.

Quote:
Yale forward Antoine Laganiere will pick his NHL team at the end of the month after the NCAA Championships.
Quote:
Laganiere tells CKWX that the #Canucks are 1 of the teams in the mix to land his services.
Quote:
Laganiere says the Canucks are a very viable option for him - enjoyed his Canucks training camp 2 years ago.
Quote:
Laganiere appreciated the fact Mike Gillis and Lawrence Gillman went to see him play - had a chat with the two after the game.
Quote:
1st Kellan Lain - if the Canucks land the 6-4 and 215 pound Laganiere - would be a good U-S recruiting month.

copy and paste from main board thread
Nice! Man I can't believe no one's mentioned him before.

(jk feebster )

Old
03-19-2013, 03:26 PM
ZenMaster*

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

http://canucksarmy.com/2013/2/5/mcke...toine-laganire
That's great news,

Canucks: We own every power forward prospect.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Fingers crossed - getting Laganierre would be awesome.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:47 PM
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Fingers crossed - getting Laganierre would be awesome.
This. Can't say no to free prospects, especially of that caliber.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Just watched the Laganierre highlight video. This guy is built for pro hockey - looks a lot of like Marucus Foligno in Buffalo IMO. He's huge, physical, skilled and can skate. That's a pretty good combination.

Optimistic the Canucks can get him signed. Less so with Sustr.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:30 PM
PRNuck
Wow. What a day.

I wonder if Higgy is helping to recruit him as a fellow gentleman of Yale?

Old
03-19-2013, 06:38 PM
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
I wonder if Higgy is helping to recruit him as a fellow gentleman of Yale?
But if their graduating years are so far off, does it help?
I always wonder about that question, rather in hockey or if in real life.
I mean, how much more curious are you when you see someone from your Alma mater?

Old
03-19-2013, 06:54 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
But if their graduating years are so far off, does it help?
I always wonder about that question, rather in hockey or if in real life.
I mean, how much more curious are you when you see someone from your Alma mater?
If they knew each other in college I could see it being something of a factor, but even then it wouldn't be that big.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Catamarca Livin

He might replace Higgins here, not sure he would be the best salesman. I would like to keep Higgins because he is versatile. Not sure how the cap is going down, and all these UFA are suppose to get raises. More than likely FA will make less outside top players.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:15 PM
14s incisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
If they knew each other in college I could see it being something of a factor, but even then it wouldn't be that big.
From personal experience, there can be a certain camaraderie and fraternal bond between alumni of the same university/college.

Not sure if it would be strong enough to sway a career decision like this, but it also couldn't hurt.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:19 PM
YogiCanucks

Sustr needs to stop being compared with Chara. There only comparable is being taller than just about everyone. It's almost like comparing David Booth and Mason Raymond because they are both 6'.

Sustr is a bean pole (who will fill out a little in time you'd expect) but let's focus on his attributes not his not-so-comparable comparable.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Sustr needs to stop being compared with Chara. There only comparable is being taller than just about everyone. It's almost like comparing David Booth and Mason Raymond because they are both 6'.

Sustr is a bean pole (who will fill out a little in time you'd expect) but let's focus on his attributes not his not-so-comparable comparable.
Chara is 255lbs. Sustr is already 230lbs and he can probably put on quite a bit more weight. Chara used to be a bean pole too earlier in his career.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:28 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Chara is 255lbs. Sustr is already 230lbs and he can probably put on quite a bit more weight. Chara used to be a bean pole too earlier in his career.
Chara is a physical specimen, I hate throwing that term around but Chara is one of the few that deserves those accolades. Sustr has a long way to go if he even wants to approach Chara levels.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:29 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14s incisor View Post
From personal experience, there can be a certain camaraderie and fraternal bond between alumni of the same university/college.

Not sure if it would be strong enough to sway a career decision like this, but it also couldn't hurt.
Definitely. Although I might put more stock into his development camp experience with us too since he's already been to the city and seen what it's like to live here and be a (potential) prospect of the Canucks, as well as how the organization is run.

Although if he had multiple friends here... who cares what city it's in?

Old
03-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Chara is a physical specimen, I hate throwing that term around but Chara is one of the few that deserves those accolades. Sustr has a long way to go if he even wants to approach Chara levels.
Chara is a physical specimen because he works out more than almost anyone in hockey. Other than that, he's the exact same type as Sustr. He's not a naturally big, bulky guy.

Did you actually see Chara prior to the lockout? He was stick-thin, even thinner than Sustr.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Hodgy

Quote:
Chara is a physical specimen because he works out more than almost anyone in hockey. Other than that, he's the exact same type as Sustr. He's not a naturally big, bulky guy.

Did you actually see Chara prior to the lockout? He was stick-thin, even thinner than Sustr.
Wasn't one or both of Chara's parents Olympians? The guy definitely has athletic blood lines.

Closed Thread