HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

World Of Warcraft: MoP edition

Old
02-12-2013, 04:36 AM
nudie

vCash: 500
Stopped playing WoW a couple weeks ago, but my subscription doesnt run out until may. since they had the Diablo deal (which I bought) I think those numbers might fall drastically in a few months..

Today is almost exactly 3 years since ICC heroic was launched, one of the most fun periods in WoW I ever had. Here's a video I made (not very good quality) from our second Saurfang 10 kill (our first kill was 53rd world wide iirc).

Me healing with a disc priest (wasn't very fun, atleast it wasnt a shaman :-)).

nudie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:28 AM
sabresfan129103

Yeah ICC was fun. I remember downing the boss before Lich King, but never being able to clear the instance. It was so much fun though. By far the most fun I had raiding(Although ZG was fun back in the day). Haven't played since July 2010. Sometimes I wish I could go back and play, but I don't feel like dropping the money on the expansions or paying the monthly fee.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:09 AM
DRWCountryClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
Yeah ICC was fun. I remember downing the boss before Lich King, but never being able to clear the instance. It was so much fun though. By far the most fun I had raiding(Although ZG was fun back in the day). Haven't played since July 2010. Sometimes I wish I could go back and play, but I don't feel like dropping the money on the expansions or paying the monthly fee.
Oh god, ZG was aweeeeeomse!

I remember downing Hakar and getting the Bloodletter(think it was called) on my warlock.

Most fun I ever had playing a game was Vanilla WoW and BC.

I don't know if I'm getting older(only 25...) or just life caught up but I can't get into games anymore like I did WoW or CS, DoD, Half Life... Maybe most games just suck nowadays.

DRWCountryClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:36 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Leveling my rogue now. The changes coming in 5.2 are going to make rogue PVP hilariously fun.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:51 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty View Post
Oh god, ZG was aweeeeeomse!

I remember downing Hakar and getting the Bloodletter(think it was called) on my warlock.

Most fun I ever had playing a game was Vanilla WoW and BC.

I don't know if I'm getting older(only 25...) or just life caught up but I can't get into games anymore like I did WoW or CS, DoD, Half Life... Maybe most games just suck nowadays.

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 06:45 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

the thing is in Vanilla and BC, progress was so rare that players with sweet gear and mounts were a big deal. but I agree with blizzard, they spent millions of dollars on content that 5% of people saw. not worth it. this is a better system imo. A GM told me that the old school players have pretty much left now and its mostly players from wotlk. aka thats why subs stay pretty much the same now. those old foogies that remain are the minority

Last edited by karnige: 02-12-2013 at 06:54 PM.
karnige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:46 AM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnige View Post
the thing is in Vanilla and BC, progress was so rare that players with sweet gear and mounts were a big deal. but I agree with blizzard, they spent millions of dollars on content that 5% of people saw. not worth it. this is a better system imo. A GM told me that the old school players have pretty much left now and its mostly players from wotlk. aka thats why subs stay pretty much the same now. those old foogies that remain are the minority
I remember back in season 3, I was one of 3 people to get Gladiator on my fairly low pop server and I felt like a celebrity.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:08 AM
Jeremyisgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudie View Post
Today is almost exactly 3 years since ICC heroic was launched, one of the most fun periods in WoW I ever had. Here's a video I made (not very good quality) from our second Saurfang 10 kill (our first kill was 53rd world wide iirc).
A lot of people say BC was their best time in this game, but I have to say it was WotLK, by far. Heroic ICC was so good. Me and my girlfriend worked for months on heroic 25 LK. US 65th kill. Long videos, but fun to nostalgia out on. Hardest fight I've ever done in this game. The ending was hilariously close, haha. We were like 1 minute into the enrage timer.

Jeremyisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Leveling my rogue now. The changes coming in 5.2 are going to make rogue PVP hilariously fun.
I created a rogue in the short-lived HFBoards guild named Alyonka...after noted TSN pundit Alyonka Larianov

Has been stuck at 25 for about a year now

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:26 PM
nudie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyisgood View Post
A lot of people say BC was their best time in this game, but I have to say it was WotLK, by far. Heroic ICC was so good. Me and my girlfriend worked for months on heroic 25 LK. US 65th kill. Long videos, but fun to nostalgia out on. Hardest fight I've ever done in this game. The ending was hilariously close, haha. We were like 1 minute into the enrage timer.
Yea I agree, imo TBC is a bit overrated, but I am a massive lich king lore fan.. Never got to kill lk hc in wotlk, pugg'd him to 19% (9%) after the massive nerf after a few hours, unfortunately we never attempted it again. Defintiely good stuff

nudie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Jeremyisgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudie View Post
Yea I agree, imo TBC is a bit overrated, but I am a massive lich king lore fan.. Never got to kill lk hc in wotlk, pugg'd him to 19% (9%) after the massive nerf after a few hours, unfortunately we never attempted it again. Defintiely good stuff
Heh, every time I see someone call WoW easy, I want to know when they finished that fight. It's always "my brother did it, it was easy".

Old
02-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyisgood View Post
Heh, every time I see someone call WoW easy, I want to know when they finished that fight. It's always "my brother did it, it was easy".
WoW is comparatively easy compared to other MMOs just due to the nature of mechanics in the fights. That and people write guides and addons for the fights pretty instantly, not to mention release "how to videos" really quick.

In contrast to FFXI, WoW tends to be on the easier curve, but the really hard fights that the game does have are most definitely challenging.

Edit: Also it being easier is more to do with the fact that Blizzard try to be more fair about group composition and not adding in mechanics that can be viewed as "cheap" which is something other MMO's can/do ignore.

Orpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:16 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

It really depends on what you define as easy.

I still think the hardest part about raiding is keeping the group together and doing it consistently. Like anything, successful raiding requires a lot of practice, communication, and knowledge about the raid and your own class. Now that has to apply to 10 or even 25 people at the same time, especially if you're doing heroic raiding. It's highly difficult to manage.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:24 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
It really depends on what you define as easy.

I still think the hardest part about raiding is keeping the group together and doing it consistently. Like anything, successful raiding requires a lot of practice, communication, and knowledge about the raid and your own class. Now that has to apply to 10 or even 25 people at the same time, especially if you're doing heroic raiding. It's highly difficult to manage.
Agreed, but that isn't something unique to WoW. And that's partly my point, WoWs difficulty is more in organization, which other MMOs share, rather than the encounters. WoW will never have an equivalent to Absolute Virtue for instance, and there's nothing wrong with that, it means they are making a well balanced game.

Orpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Jeremyisgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
Agreed, but that isn't something unique to WoW. And that's partly my point, WoWs difficulty is more in organization, which other MMOs share, rather than the encounters. WoW will never have an equivalent to Absolute Virtue for instance, and there's nothing wrong with that, it means they are making a well balanced game.
When I say hard, I mean a fair hard. I understand other games have these ridiculous encounters that are near impossible.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

In preparation for some new content thingy, WoW MoP is on sale for 20 bucks. I caved.

However, I'm not subbed. Can't sub at this time. Just a heads up for anyone interested in coming back

Old
03-19-2013, 02:09 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

WoW

Move to a designated thread if there is one.

So I started playing this for the first time since like, 2007. Feel like an ultra nerd

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:26 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Move to a designated thread if there is one.

So I started playing this for the first time since like, 2007. Feel like an ultra nerd

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Yeah yeah yeah make fun of me

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Benny Lava

Really enjoying ToT so far.

Benny Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

I'd love to come back but next week it's back to the hectic educational schedule so I must stay away

Old
03-19-2013, 04:50 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Yeah. I'm tearing it up as a rogue in PVP. :3

Old
03-19-2013, 07:43 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

patch 5.2 is so much fun. huge daily island like the island they had in BC. I was pvp back then but pve this time around. pvp has got to be a gong show lol.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Stop tempting me

Old
03-19-2013, 09:16 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Stop tempting me
and a new island on top of that called isle of giants. all dinasoars and all elites. there is a massive trex boss that has over 800 million health. you need 4-5 raids to kill him. like 100 toons all over the place. 1 shot city! ugh

heres a pic of him and me