HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kevin Lowe on TEAM 1260 Monday!

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2003, 06:49 PM
KlingonHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Guys, did they mention any possible roster moves, whether they would call up Rita or Salmo or Woywitka or Lynch or make a trade to get out of this funk. To me, that would be an question that I sure some fans would have asked.

Thanks to those relaying the specific of interview to those who don;t have 1260.
He mentioned something along the lines of giving Rita his shot soon.

Old
12-22-2003, 08:14 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
Very interesting hour. AMong things I can remember:

1. Lowe says that giving up on the season and getting a top 5 draft pick is not an option. They're committed to making the playoffs.

2. He wants BG to be more of a disturber, ala Tie Domi. He mentioned that Torres was initially thought to be that player, but with Raffi's offense they want Georges to fulfill that role.

3. He talked about Brewer being a 20+ minute a night defender for many years, and suggested alot of Oiler fans have too high an expectation with regard to offense.

4. He talked alot about Marchant and why he wasn't qualified at above the league average. Suggested that he couldn't justify giving him a $500,000 dollar raise after a 12 goal season. Then he said that they felt strongly he would have a big year, and that was their commitment to last season. The other side of it was that they needed to move Stoll in, which is eactly what happened.

That's all I can remember I'll post more if I can think of it.
Ah, yes. I was busy during the phone-in questions, so thanks for posting that, lt.

Old
12-22-2003, 09:25 PM
The Rage

Another interesting point he mentioned was how the Oiler's system is not that different than other teams (ie. the run and gun aspect is exaggerated). And also that in the playoffs, the Oilers would do what it takes to win. I guess that means, if necessary, they'd take the Anaheim and Minnesota route.

Old
12-22-2003, 09:35 PM
oilersrule14

brewerfan on Oilfans.com was kind enough to transcribe/paraphrase the whole interview. Here's the link, http://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t...f7f888b48bd329

Old
12-22-2003, 11:54 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersrule14
brewerfan on Oilfans.com was kind enough to transcribe/paraphrase the whole interview. Here's the link, http://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t...f7f888b48bd329
Nice, thanks a lot for posting that here.

Old
12-23-2003, 05:31 AM
Mr Sakich

brewerfan, thank you very much for that effort.

Old
12-23-2003, 09:48 AM
Master Lok

Thanks for the post brewerfan! Interesting interview. I do agree that Brewer has played much better since his injury, and when he was out, the Oil really missed him on defense. For everyone who thinks that Lowe is out to lunch, I'd like to defend him and bring up how many people were ready to burn Lowe in effigy for his trades last year of Niiniimaa and Carter. Niiniimaa is now no better than third/fourth in the NYI rotation while Carter is struggling in NYR. And yah, Marchant has gone back to his standard 40 point seasonal.

Old
12-23-2003, 10:04 AM
bfan

You're Very Welcome

I hope you could get through that interview okay. Most of the points are word for word, it's just filler like replacing "I" with "Lowe". Anyway, hope it was easy to understand. Have a great day.

Old
12-23-2003, 10:48 AM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
Niiniimaa is now no better than third/fourth in the NYI rotation while Carter is struggling in NYR.
Can we really blame Janne for that? He's behind Roman and Adrian on the NYI defense. We all know what Hammer is capable of and Adrian was the league leader in icetime last year.

I'm not even sure Janne is all that happy on the Islanders either. It's a big transition to go to a city you love and grew with and suddenly going to a market like New York.

Old
12-23-2003, 12:38 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Can we really blame Janne for that? He's behind Roman and Adrian on the NYI defense. We all know what Hammer is capable of and Adrian was the league leader in icetime last year.

I'm not even sure Janne is all that happy on the Islanders either. It's a big transition to go to a city you love and grew with and suddenly going to a market like New York.
Agreed, I think however that he is still suffering a bit from injuries in his past and isn't 100%. I'm still of the opinion that we should trade Bobby Allen and Chimera back for Niiniimaa.

Old
12-23-2003, 12:47 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
Agreed, I think however that he is still suffering a bit from injuries in his past and isn't 100%. I'm still of the opinion that we should trade Bobby Allen and Chimera back for Niiniimaa.
That isn't even half of what the Islanders gave the Oielrs to get Janne to begin with.

Closed Thread