HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Derek Roy's Next Contract

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2013, 10:30 PM
  #151
Hull Fan
Duck Hunting
 
Hull Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Country: Albania
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
As long as he's traded for a good return I don't give a crap what kind of money he gets. Though to be sure he along with Ribiero are the two best UFAs on the market. He has to be worth a prospect and a 2nd at the very least.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:41 PM
  #152
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,846
vCash: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
As long as he's traded for a good return I don't give a crap what kind of money he gets. Though to be sure he along with Ribiero are the two best UFAs on the market. He has to be worth a prospect and a 2nd at the very least.
I'd throw Iggy and Semin into the mix......sure Iginla's old but he'll still fetch a pretty penny at the deadline/come July 1st, I think.

__________________
If you're telekinetic and you know it, clap my hands!
Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:15 PM
  #153
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 12,916
vCash: 250
No offense to those guys but this is shaping up to be one lame UFA summer, at least where top end talent is concerned.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:17 PM
  #154
Troy McClure
Registered User
 
Troy McClure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: kissing Hagmans rear
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 23,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
No offense to those guys but this is shaping up to be one lame UFA summer, at least where top end talent is concerned.
All of those 8-12 year contracts thrown around over the past five seasons have greatly slowed the number of good players hitting free agency.

Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:22 PM
  #155
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 12,916
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
All of those 8-12 year contracts thrown around over the past five seasons have greatly slowed the number of good players hitting free agency.
Yep. In truth it makes for a boring July 1st but it's probably better in the big picture. I like that teams can't rely on free agency to really remake their team. If anything it should cause a ripple effect that sees more trades of bigger name players.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 06:44 PM
  #156
Stars99Lobo37
Moderator
Away Games Seen: 13
 
Stars99Lobo37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 315 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 43,562
vCash: 1495
Quote:
@RenLavoieRDS

Les négociations entre Derek Roy et la direction des #stars n'ont pas progressé. Si le statu quo perdure, Roy pourrait bien être échangé.
Basically says Roy's contract talks haven't progressed at all and if it stays status quo, then he'll be traded.

__________________
"Now when people ask me where I'm from, I tell them Texas. Dallas, Texas." - Mike Modano, March 8th, 2014

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 06:48 PM
  #157
BigG44
HFB Partner
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,360
vCash: 500
Roy's far from my ideal 2nd line center, but I think everyone saying we'll be fine without him is really going to miss him.

That's not a knock on Eakin ... that's a knock on Fiddler or Roussel or the defensive center they probably end up replacing him with. Dallas is a better team with three centers who are threats to create offense. I like Roussel, and I'm please with his offense, but he's never been a consistent scorer at any level. There's not much reason to think he's going to keep on scoring at a nice pace.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 07:36 PM
  #158
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 12,916
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Roy's far from my ideal 2nd line center, but I think everyone saying we'll be fine without him is really going to miss him.

That's not a knock on Eakin ... that's a knock on Fiddler or Roussel or the defensive center they probably end up replacing him with. Dallas is a better team with three centers who are threats to create offense. I like Roussel, and I'm please with his offense, but he's never been a consistent scorer at any level. There's not much reason to think he's going to keep on scoring at a nice pace.
I know what you're saying and Roy is a good player. We shouldn't be quick to dismiss his contributions. But, while he's still not old he is at that point in his career where you have to wonder how many more very good years he has left, especially given the money he is going to command on this market. I don't think most people really feel that losing him is no big deal, I just think most people are resigned to the fact that he won't be back. Get what you can now and address the 2nd/3rd line center roles via deadline trade, draft trade, or free agency.

I wanted him before he went to Phoenix because of his faceoff prowess and I would still love to have Boyd Gordon in a Stars sweater. Honestly, with Bozak being a free agent I think Joe (if he's still GM) go after him pretty hard. He's playing too many minutes in Toronto but he would be a good tweener guy competing for ice time with Eakin. He's also a >50% faceoff guy.

There are options that will have to be explored for sure.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 07:40 PM
  #159
BigG44
HFB Partner
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,360
vCash: 500
Bozak also has a history with Benn. They played on the same BCHL team. He's a guy I wouldn't mind, but he's also going to get a pretty big salary ... obviously no where near as much as Roy though.

You made me think of a miserable scenario though. What if Roy is traded to Roy and part of the return is Bozak? I'm sure Dallas would have to feel confident they could sign him before making that move, but what a waste if that happened.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 07:45 PM
  #160
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 12,916
vCash: 250
Yeah that would be a disaster. The hope is to add Bozak (hypothetically) to whatever we get for Roy.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 07:50 PM
  #161
Cin
Buck Fettman.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 6,217
vCash: 513
Done deal. Bozak for Roy. Welcome to GMJN world.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 07:53 PM
  #162
BigG44
HFB Partner
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,360
vCash: 500
Is Joe Colborne a guy you think Dallas could get out of Toronto? He's not the gem of a prospect he once was, but he's still a potential 2nd/3rd line center ... and he's huge.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 07:56 PM
  #163
Cin
Buck Fettman.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 6,217
vCash: 513
Honestly I think that's aiming too low. WE've got a good amount of bottom six prospects in the system already, and they're easy to find during FA.

We need top prospects and draft picks. Not sure that's possible with Joe at the helm though.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:05 PM
  #164
Elysian
@AdamBath
 
Elysian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 6,136
vCash: 5355
I'd rather see Roy stay than witness the abortion of a trade Joe will execute.

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:11 PM
  #165
aloonda
fear the rooster
 
aloonda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Country: Djibouti
Posts: 1,723
vCash: 500
seriously
get rid of roy
now
for someone with some heart

aloonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:12 PM
  #166
MetalGodAOD
Moderator
Star Rangers
 
MetalGodAOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloonda View Post
seriously
get rid of roy
now
for someone with some heart


Someone like Ott right? Roy's too soft of a player so he obviously has no heart.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:13 PM
  #167
Elysian
@AdamBath
 
Elysian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 6,136
vCash: 5355
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post


Someone like Ott right? Roy's too soft of a player so he obviously has no heart.
This is the same person telling us we're crazy for wanting Gulutzan fired.

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:40 PM
  #168
aloonda
fear the rooster
 
aloonda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Country: Djibouti
Posts: 1,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post


Someone like Ott right? Roy's too soft of a player so he obviously has no heart.
you seriously think the future of this team is roy?

ooooooook

aloonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:42 PM
  #169
aloonda
fear the rooster
 
aloonda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Country: Djibouti
Posts: 1,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
This is the same person telling us we're crazy for wanting Gulutzan fired.
and well
that's just like your stoner opinion man

hey lets fire the coach, that is obviously the reason

clueless

aloonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:44 PM
  #170
Elysian
@AdamBath
 
Elysian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 6,136
vCash: 5355
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloonda View Post
and well
that's just like your stoner opinion man

hey lets fire the coach, that is obviously the reason

clueless
You are just so clever. Cute act.

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:45 PM
  #171
Cin
Buck Fettman.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 6,217
vCash: 513
Hmm. So yeah, I'd like a 1st rounder out of him.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:47 PM
  #172
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloonda View Post
and well
that's just like your stoner opinion man

hey lets fire the coach, that is obviously the reason

clueless
OOOH Have a white russian while I pee on your rug Elysian!

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:48 PM
  #173
Elysian
@AdamBath
 
Elysian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 6,136
vCash: 5355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
OOOH Have a white russian while I pee on your rug Elysian!


Another Caucasian Gary.

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:48 PM
  #174
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 12,916
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I'd rather see Roy stay than witness the abortion of a trade Joe will execute.
Do you really want to see the abortion of a contract Joe will execute?

It's not like we dislike Roy or want him gone. He's going to have the choice to go anywhere he wants on July 1st. Roy has every intention (and rightly so in my opinion) to test free agency. At this point there's almost zero chance he stays.

At very least I welcome the entertainment value his trade will produce.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:49 PM
  #175
Elysian
@AdamBath
 
Elysian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 6,136
vCash: 5355
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Do you really want to see the abortion of a contract Joe will execute?

It's not like we dislike Roy or want him gone. He's going to have the choice to go anywhere he wants on July 1st. Roy has every intention (and rightly so in my opinion) to test free agency. At this point there's almost zero chance he stays.

At very least I welcome the entertainment value his trade will produce.
Yes, I'd rather see the contract NTC and all

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.