HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Devils | 3/19/13 | No Marty, No Fun :(

View Poll Results: 3 Stars of the Game
The King. The ****ing KING! 121 84.62%
Where's Eminger? In the penalty box 3 2.10%
Too bad for the Devils Stralman 2 1.40%
Still Faster than Richards Hamrlik 3 2.10%
Not a Del Zaster? 86 60.14%
Get Trucked Kovalchuk 7 4.90%
Duke Nukem's Balls of Steel G-Man 3 2.10%
'Powe'r Ranger 1 0.70%
Halpern do you even lift? (the puck) 3 2.10%
First Liner Michael Haley 3 2.10%
RASPBERRY JAM EVERYWHERE!!!! 14 9.79%
Boyle (who destroyed Volchenkov multiple times) 4 2.80%
The new Boyle, Pyatt 1 0.70%
Muri'C'a **** Yeah! 5 3.50%
Please say my name right Stepan 46 32.17%
Thor + The Flash = Hagelin 29 20.28%
The Rangers (aka Rick Nash) 73 51.05%
The Magic Beaver Man 2 1.40%
GABORIK! shoots wide 15 10.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-19-2013, 08:50 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Good game. Good win. Mostly happy with the effort. Some same complaints linger, about dumping the puck too much, having poor breakout, etc. but these issues are things that are not nearly worth getting worked up about when the team shows up and works. That's all I want. We got that tonight. Liked the last two games. Just wish we could see some consistency now. Prior tonight 'Canes game they were looking awful again and all the hopes I had that they'd figured it out, gotten their legs and were turning it around was lost. Now these last two they're playing with heart and looking better again. The inconsistency is my only gripe for now. Unrelated to the teams play and regardless of win or lose, I just have to vent the following:

Brad Richards absolutely HAS to go. Period. Don't care WHAT he does at this point. He is DONE. He could go on a nice little streak starting next game. He could put up a 5 point night. I don't care. Nothing will redeem him. He's finished. I LOVED him in his Lightning days and I wanted him when he was in Dallas, years before we actually became interested bidders and it seemed likely we'd trade for him or sign him. I always listed him as a favorite of mine before he arrived in NY and as a kid I used to trade for him to be my #1C, regardless of what team I used, in like 90% of my video game franchises. I always was a big time fan. I was badly underwhelmed by him last season, but content with some clutchness and still respectable numbers, and I thought he might further acclimate to the team and really flourish with a guy like Nash. Now... I literally couldn't hate him more at this point. I want him to go elsewhere just so I can hope he loses. When he gets a point now, it annoys me. I can't ****ing stand him. I hate his stupid buck toothed face. I hate that he wears an A. I simply can't stand him

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kershaw

vCash: 50

That's a bingo.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Del Ziti with some great poll choices.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
17futurecap

Biron Thursday and give Hank a nice rest?

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:51 PM
irishlaxburger2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Gaborik was invisible? Meh he set up two scoring chances alone for Nash. One that hit the pipe
I've been tough on Gaborik lately but I liked the way he played tonight. Was a bit more aggressive and made a few plays, even in his own end.

Needs to hit the net though.

irishlaxburger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Gaborik was invisible? Meh he set up two scoring chances alone for Nash. One that hit the pipe
I wouldn't say he was invisible. Shot wide once or twice but he looks hungry out there. At least more hungry than before. He's overdue, obviously.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyrpassion
Vetted.

nyrpassion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Hank was beastly. I saw great plays tonight

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
nevesis

Someone needs to make a slow motion gif of Rick Nash staring into your eyes seductively with some funny **** in the background, calling all creative people...

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Oh yeah, victory GIF's.

03-19-2013, 08:52 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Brad Richards absolutely HAS to go. Period. Don't care WHAT he does at this point. He is DONE. He could go on a nice little streak starting next game. He could put up a 5 point night. I don't care. Nothing will redeem him. He's finished. I LOVED him in his Lightning days and I wanted him when he was in Dallas, years before we actually became interested bidders and it seemed likely we'd trade for him or sign him. I always listed him as a favorite of mine before he arrived in NY and as a kid I used to trade for him to be my #1C, regardless of what team I used, in like 90% of my video game franchises. I always was a big time fan. I was badly underwhelmed by him last season, but content with some clutchness and still respectable numbers, and I thought he might further acclimate to the team and really flourish with a guy like Nash. Now... I literally couldn't hate him more at this point. I want him to go elsewhere just so I can hope he loses. When he gets a point now, it annoys me. I can't ****ing stand him. I hate his stupid buck toothed face. I hate that he wears an A. I simply can't stand him
You rule for this. Could not agree any more. Perfectly stated, and quoted for mother****ing TRUTH.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli

Thank god for that win.

NYSportsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Affinity

I thought Gaborik looked good tonight. He even made some good defensive plays

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
★★★★

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Lundsanity30

Nash really meant he decided to shoot on the 2 on 1 bc he would hit the net..

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:53 PM
17futurecap

Victory gifs are the best.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:54 PM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
hhs, Nash: "i had richie with me, but i decided to shoot."
Good thing too since Richards couldnt hit water if he fell out a boat.

UnderPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Good game. Good win. Mostly happy with the effort. Some same complaints linger, about dumping the puck too much, having poor breakout, etc. but these issues are things that are not nearly worth getting worked up about when the team shows up and works. That's all I want. We got that tonight. Liked the last two games. Just wish we could see some consistency now. Prior tonight 'Canes game they were looking awful again and all the hopes I had that they'd figured it out, gotten their legs and were turning it around was lost. Now these last two they're playing with heart and looking better again. The inconsistency is my only gripe for now. Unrelated to the teams play and regardless of win or lose, I just have to vent the following:

Why I spend very little time on my teams board.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Lundqvist was a beast like many times against the Devils during his career. Any Devils fan who says no is bitter. We haven't seen a goaltender like Lundqvist nearly as good as him in a month other than Price who is up there, but not quite. At least the Piles lost!

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Fataldogg

King Henrik gets us a total of 4 points for us over the last two days. He's been great these last two games.

And Gaborik invisible? What talk is this? I watched every minute of the game, and honestly, he played a solid game. Generated several scoring chances, had a few missed opportunities, but overall... he was one of the better forwards tonight.

I didn't think Richards was terrible either. He missed a few chances, but he at least played a decent game.

The hate on these two, even if they play well, is ridiculous IMO.

Hell... the hate Lundqvist gets for letting in two goals, one that was a ridiculous deflection, at points is ridiculous. Ranger fans are trying to convince themselves that Lundqvist has been average this season... then I go to the numbers... see a 2.23 GAA and .922SV% and see that there are only 5 STARTERS in the NHL with a higher SV% then him... and just think they're silly. But that is literally the criticism Henrik gets after letting in just a single goal. Way too many knee jerk reactions on the NYR forum.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:56 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
You rule for this. Could not agree any more. Perfectly stated, and quoted for mother****ing TRUTH.
Yeah. I don't want anything back for him. I'm not gonna clamor for Slats to go and spend the money saved by buying him out on another big name. I just want him off the roster.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

MOAR Gifs please. Love beating the Devils!

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Lundqvist was a beast like many times against the Devils during his career. Any Devils fan who says no is bitter. We haven't seen a goaltender like Lundqvist nearly as good as him in a month other than Price who is up there, but not quite. At least the Piles lost!
You, you I like. Shake my hand dammit!

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Very fitting.

Krams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Props on coming over even after the L. Tough break for you guys. I feel if I even hover over the Devils GDT thread, I may get infracted lol.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote