HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rags @ your New Jersey Dovals

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 09:17 PM
MartyForVezina
Aspiring 1%er

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Hedberg's GAA since being the starter is like 2.6 or 2.70
His Save Percentage is probably .870

He's splendid.

Just guessing those numbers fyi.

They've been playing too "well" lately for me to notice at this point. You have to start putting points up in the standings or it doesn't matter at all.
He played pretty damn well tonight.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:18 PM
CerebralGenesis

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
DeBoer mentioned several times postgame Devils giving up first goal and having to chase in games. It's happened 12 of last 14 games.

Good stuff

Old
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Same old same old in the post game

"We played well enough, but we have to start finishing our chances"

"Effort was there, just did get bounces and finish"

Old
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
It will be Matteau for sure. Zero faith in us actually signing someone in July
If that's what happens then I have no trust in Lou anymore. Absolutely none. People will still defend him though, but I won't trust him. I was hoping our broke Hucksterbeek owner would sell, but I didn't get lucky. I don't see him spending money, and I've been hoping he'd sell since the money problems were leaked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguyvic View Post
If (or more likely when) this franchise struggles for more than one season at any point, this fanbase is going to abandon the team and attendance is going to be atrocious. This fanbase is simply too spoiled by decades of success and too impatient to stick around. I shudder at the thought of what will happen to this franchise in that event.

There's my one prediction for you nona.
I actually agree with you here, and that's why this team absolutely needs to be built better next year. Or we're in for forfeiting a really good draft pick. This is why I don't understand this. Lou usually ices a good team. Even when Maclean was coaching he went all out, replaced Martin with Volchenkov/Tallinder. I give him an A for effort at least there. Gomez left he signed Zubrus.

This team needs to be better next year PERIOD. One injury on forward and this team loses a whole line. I'll never stop supporting the team myself though. I've loved the Devils for too long to do abandon them. Like someone else said you can't replace a 70 point player with a bunch of geeks (Butler, Tedenby)

If Lou wants to just go wherever the rest of the season takes us this year then fine. I respect that, but next year he needs to do make the team better like he usually does.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:19 PM
AirheadPete
G-Dub

and the freefall continues! positive for me is im so used to this team losing it really doesnt phase me anymore in all honesty

Old
03-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Petey Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessarmy View Post
I love the Rag fan wanting an explanation for the Lundqvist nickname. Like it isn't clear as day that we're eluding to him being a ****ing fish out of water on the Zajac "penalty".

c'mon like we have never seen marty dive in his career...go take a look at all marty's academy award winning dives on youtube...be fair

with that said ...yeah I also think Henrik dove

also all the back and forth between rangers fans and devs fans is ridiculous

both teams suck big time at the moment and will be fighting until the end to have a chance of getting in

still not happy the rangers won if that i any consolation to you

don't worry i'm gone after this post

Old
03-19-2013, 09:20 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyForVezina View Post
First goal is on him
2nd goal is on the D for zoning out
3rd was a tough play but I don't know how you let in a 5 hole goal while standing like that.

Moose should be the backup, not the starter. It's a damn shame our goalie prospects are where they are because we could have used someone to start a few to get moose some time to sit and not play.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:21 PM
NBC Hockey

I think we will see a big difference when Marty comes back. Not necessarily because of saves, but because of his stick handling. So many of these losses have been one play away from being a different game. Hopefully Marty can help make that one play happen (or not happen, on the other end. )

As for making the playoffs, WELP, we still have 2 games against the Rangers, 1 against the Hurricanes, 2 against the Senators, and 2 against the Maple Leafs. So...you know, anything can really happen. Plus, I don't know how many games those teams have left against each other.

It's going to be a crazy finish, but I'm proud that this team is still part of the conversation. Never quit.

Old
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Same old same old in the post game

"We played well enough, but we have to start finishing our chances"

"Effort was there, just did get bounces and finish"
Well I guess it's true. At some point you need more skilled forwards though. 15 games of that is not just bad bounces.

Time to play tomb raider. Lara croft will pick me up after another Devils loss.

Old
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
It's got nothing to do with faith. What do you want to have faith in? Tell me, what is so difficult for some people to say that this isn't a good team? It's like some ****ing sin on this board. And it's even more frustrating when the team is giving clear signs that they're not good enough.

They basically lost their best forward in the offseason. They've been missing one of their other most important forwards for pretty much the entire season. They're depth took a major hit. They're #1 goalie and leader has been on the shelf for a month. They're defensive coverage is ass.

I mean what do you think, that I want them to do bad? This team was two wins from a Cup last year and this is the encore? In this abortion season no less? How the **** can you not be frustrated with this.
Because when healthy I do think this can be a good team, and yes it is frustrating as ****, but if we are going to post on here that the season is over now, then what is the point? I do feel when healthy this roster is capable of more then what we have seen lately. If they don't live up to that we will see, I still think we can, but if we don't then that is what the offseason is for.

When the team was playing like hot garbage down the stretch last year the same kind of posts were out in force too. "We won't stay in the playoffs at this rate, and even if we get in we are going no where" That stuff is even more annoying then watching the team lose. It was annoying last year, and it is annoying now.

I just don't believe it is going to take some sort of major miracle to turn this into a successful season. The East is weak, our starting goaltender is back, we are hopefully going to get healthy real soon. I don't see why it is so hard to believe they could actually turn things around either.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Well I guess it's true. At some point you need more skilled forwards though. 15 games of that is not just bad bounces.

Time to play tomb raider. Lara croft will pick me up after another Devils loss.
Very good game. I love Tomb Raider. Was kinda short, but I guess Far Cry 3 had me spoiled

Old
03-19-2013, 09:23 PM
CerebralGenesis

As long as we out point Carolina, Winnipeg, and Toronto we will be seeded in the playoffs just fine.

But the team's inability to score is alarming.

Old
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
DeBoer mentioned several times postgame Devils giving up first goal and having to chase in games. It's happened 12 of last 14 games.

Good stuff
Not sure what we want him to say? Do we want him to pull a Tort's presser?

Old
Devils1029

Quote:
First goal is on him
2nd goal is on the D for zoning out
3rd was a tough play but I don't know how you let in a 5 hole goal while standing like that.

Moose should be the backup, not the starter. It's a damn shame our goalie prospects are where they are because we could have used someone to start a few to get moose some time to sit and not play.

I think we woudl have possibly have sat Moose if we were winning games but we keep losing and you fight to try to get out of it - playing a rookie is not the solution when the team is playing poorly - as mush as I hate to admit it......Moose included. They have sucked as a team - coaching staff and all.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:24 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Pucks View Post
c'mon like we have never seen marty dive in his career...go take a look at all marty's academy award winning dives on youtube...be fair

with that said ...yeah I also think Henrik dove

also all the back and forth between rangers fans and devs fans is ridiculous

both teams suck big time at the moment and will be fighting until the end to have a chance of getting in

still not happy the rangers won if that i any consolation to you

don't worry i'm gone after this post
WTF is it with you guys G>T>F>O

Old
03-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Devils1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
I would like some accountability instead of Pete giving guys free passes for turnovers that cost us the game (Zidlicky against MTL for example)..these team is playing like we have 100 tomorrows....there's 18 games left, then there is no tomorrow.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Devils Insiders

Tough Loss

I know this one is tough.

They're still only a tiebreaker out of 6th place though.

Getting Brodeur, Loktionov and Zubrus back will help.

Lacked clutch goaltending, speed through neutral ice and size in the corners tonight.

Here's our Instant Insight.

http://devilsinsiders.com/2013/03/19/instant-insight-game-thirty-rangers-3-devils-2/

It's not time to panic yet.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:26 PM
NBC Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Pucks View Post
Pretty sure that's half the reason to be making a point of it. Rangers fans have given Marty plenty of crap for diving, so when your goalie does it, it's going to be called out. Also, if you're looking for a forum filled with honest, kind, logical, "fair" conversation, I think you're on the wrong website.

With that said...go enjoy your win. I mean, damn. You don't even know these comments are being made if you don't read the thread.

Old
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Quote:
No but would a jelly jar or two hurt anyone

Old
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:

Pete Deboer : "We Suck. We Suck and then we blow and then we suck."

Old
03-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Hedberg's GAA since being the starter is like 2.6 or 2.70
His Save Percentage is probably .870.

He's splendid.

Just guessing those numbers fyi.

They've been playing too "well" lately for me to notice at this point. You have to start putting points up in the standings or it doesn't matter at all.
2.69 GAA, 879 save percentage. That's from the Washington game (Which technically was before Marty's injury) on. In the last week before this game though he had a GAA of 1.75, and a 926 save percentage over 4 games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyForVezina View Post
I am conflicted on blaming him for the 3rd goal, but his puck play cost us the first goal. I don't wanna say he's cost us wins, though maybe he's cost us some OT points at the very least.

As I keep saying though it's hard when you can't score more than 2 goals against the Reimer's, Ellis's, or whatever other bad goalie/backup we've made look great. This team can't score more than 2 usually no matter who's in net. Lundqvist, Price, or Reimer, Enroth, it's all the same.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils1029 View Post
I would like some accountability instead of Pete giving guys free passes for turnovers that cost us the game (Zidlicky against MTL for example)..these team is playing like we have 100 tomorrows....there's 18 games left, then there is no tomorrow.
He is never going to do it. Pete doesn't throw guys publicly under the bus, and personally I'm glad for it. I don't like that kind of clown action. We don't know if he is or isn't holding guys accountable in the locker room though. I hope he is, and if he isn't there ya I'd agree with you and be pissed at that.

He has to sit Harold after the game he had though. It was not good.

The bot is right though. It won't even take a major winning streak to get right back into a playoff spot. Get guys healthy and go from there. If we keep losing even with everyone back then call the season a bust.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:28 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Very good game. I love Tomb Raider. Was kinda short, but I guess Far Cry 3 had me spoiled
Ya I've been going slow since starcraft HotS came out. Been playing that mainly, and being an adult.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:29 PM
JMarce

Quote:
"Well we lost but everything is gonna be good going forward because Marty is back in goal Thursday, Lokti is will be back Thursday as well, Zubrus will be back in the next week or so and we just acquired insert top 6 winger of your choice here"

Old
03-19-2013, 09:29 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvBroDan View Post
No but would a jelly jar or two hurt anyone
I would appreciate a jelly jar I just don't like my jelly jar's being thrown at TG like the clown across the river does to Nosen.

Closed Thread