HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours Thread Part V: Gaborik "available"; LeBrun: NYR interested in D. Boyle

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Ugh. Boyle scares me. He's another guy who seems to be turning downhill rather quickly.

Of course Sharks fans will think that means we're sending Hagelin to them.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Kershaw

Dan Boyle is amazing still. He'd look insane with Staal covering up for him instead of him covering up for Murray and the other plugs he's covering up for. This is a guy I'm okay with dealing one of our higher end prospects for, provided SJ may absorb his salary.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Ail
UH82CIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Dan Boyle is amazing still. He'd look insane with Staal covering up for him instead of him covering up for Murray and the other plugs he's covering up for. This is a guy I'm okay with dealing one of our higher end prospects for, provided SJ may absorb his salary.
Yeah old declining dudes are always worth sending high end prospects for. That's great asset management.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
The surname Boyle has already been tainted around here.

03-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Yeah old declining dudes are always worth sending high end prospects for. That's great asset management.
Wow, I had no idea he deteriorated this much. He isn't even a 25 MPG defenseman anymore. I thought he was at his usual 25 MPG pace while providing offense.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Lundsanity30

Boyle would make our D incredible, but I'm not sure the offense will improve.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:27 PM
M0rbid

We have another old man on this team, beaver.......... Lets not revert back to the dark days plz, slat.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Why don't we just trade our team for the SC Champion Tampa Bay team?

Old
03-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Heyoooo*

Maybe we can land St Louis too and become the 2004 Lightning 2.0.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:35 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Yea would not be over the moon if Boyle was brought in.

Especially not for Gabby. And Gabby is by no means my favorite Ranger.

03-19-2013, 09:35 PM
Heyoooo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarowski View Post
What happened to buying out Richards?

No idea.

I just find it really odd how quickly everyone clamors for turnover around here.

Kicking out two players with a longer track record here in favor of a guy whos been here 25 games is crazy to me. I like Nash, but I cant say ive ever seen anything like this happen where two players fall out of favor so quickly (Richards/Gaborik) in favor of another player that has so much to prove (Nash).

Part of me hopes we suck afterwards just to prove a point. It happened with the Nash trade. I was very skeptical of changing the chemistry of the team shipping out depth. It was a very legit concern, and thus far, has proven to be true, and now because we traded depth (Sather thinking we would take the hit and make a run) we are now scrambling for a playoff spot dangling our 2x 40 goal scorer to get that depth back.

Its ****ing crazy.

Last edited by Heyoooo*: 03-19-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old
03-19-2013, 09:36 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Multiple teams have expressed some level of interest in Gabby according to Dreger. Top 4 dman, gritty top 9 forward is what they are looking for.
Great, meaningless statement from Dreger. I would hope that Gabby could fetch more than a run of the mill 2nd pairing dman and a grinder.

If I should take this to mean that they're pursuing two young guys that are on the upswing who currently occupy those roles for their current team, then maaaybe - depending on who we're talking about.

If on the other hand, we're simply talking about two steady soldiers and role players - the kind you sign on the second day of free agency for $2-3MM AAV contracts - then **** no, keep him. That's a major downgrade.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:39 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Would the Blues be interested? I'd doubt it due to Hitch's system, but they'd make excellent trading partners.

I'd love to pry, say, Shattenkirk and Steen from them.

Also, Dan Boyle would be a good acquisition....in 2010. The guy's done, do not want.
Yep, it would be Redden 2.0

Old
03-19-2013, 09:41 PM
Lundsanity30

Yeah, Boyle is still signed for next year too. Thats a bad idea at the cap hit he has.. That would surely kill any chance of bringing any kind of depth in here.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Yeah, Boyle is still signed for next year too. Thats a bad idea at the cap hit he has.. That would surely kill any chance of bringing any kind of depth in here.
Have to imagine if we get Boyle, Gaborik is on his way out.

Hamrlik killed any chance of adding a player with a 5M+ cap hit.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:46 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

If you watch the TSN segment with McKenzie,LeBrun and Dreger,LeBrun asked if there was a fit between the Rangers and SJ for Boyle after he reported they was interest. Survey says NO. The Sharks want young assets and Boyle has a $6,666,667 cap hit. You look at what the Rangers want for Gaborik,they will be taking back salary in the deal. The acquiring team won't be assuming the entire $7.5M. Top 4 D plus a top 9 forward. Which are the multiple teams?

Old
03-19-2013, 09:47 PM
SJsharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
Yep, it would be Redden 2.0
Sharks fan just coming in here to say that Boyle would be far from a mistake. Even at 36 he hasn't slowed much, if at all. When he's been out this year the sharks have been even more hopeless moving the puck. I think everyone realizes that a Boyle-hagelin swap is not going to happen at all. But my point is, you could do far worse than getting Boyle, in fact I think he would be a damn good pickup depending on the price. Just my 2 cents

But just remember that with the new CBA teams can keep some salary. Something to keep in mind.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
If you watch the TSN segment with McKenzie,LeBrun and Dreger,LeBrun asked if there was a fit between the Rangers and SJ for Boyle after he reported they was interest. Survey says NO. The Sharks want young assets and Boyle has a $6,666,667 cap hit. You look at what the Rangers want for Gaborik,they will be taking back salary in the deal. The acquiring team won't be assuming the entire $7.5M. Top 4 D plus a top 9 forward. Which are the multiple teams?
Top 4 d, and a gritty bottom 6 player AND we take on salary? WHAT?

Old
03-19-2013, 09:49 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJsharks View Post
Sharks can just coming in here to say that Boyle would be far from a mistake. Even at 36 he hasn't slowed much, if at all. When he's been out this year the sharks have been even more hopeless moving the puck. I think everyone realizes that a Boyle-hagelin swap is not going to happen at all. But my point is, you could do far worse than getting Boyle, in fact I think he would be a damn good pickup depending on the price. Just my 2 cents

But just remember that with the new CBA teams can keep some salary. Something to keep in mind.
but i'm sure you guys wants young assets (IE Kreider, Hagelin, Miller) and the Rangers need those guys going forward, so there's no match.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:49 PM
Oak
Hockey Connoisseur

vCash: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
I like Nash, but I cant say ive ever seen anything like this happen where two players fall out of favor so quickly (Richards/Gaborik) in favor of another player that has so much to prove (Nash).
Nash is playing at PPG pace right now. Who else on the team is? He also got injured and came back just as hot if not better.

He proved enough for me. He is consistent. He is not Cally but he puts in work on both ends. He hustles.

Gaborik is a lazy turd and I really can't say what happened to Richards. I dislike both but would be willing to give Richards another chance if he gets his **** back together soon. Gabby on the other hand needs a serious beating. He is just down right lazy and disrespectful to the entire team playing the way he is.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:52 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
We have another old man on this team, beaver.......... Lets not revert back to the dark days plz, slat.
No kidding.

OT...no such thing as revert back.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:52 PM
SJsharks

Quote:
but i'm sure you guys wants young assets (IE Kreider, Hagelin, Miller) and the Rangers need those guys going forward, so there's no match.
True, you're right about that. I was talking more about Boyle as an acquisition. I can understand that from new yorks side. As good as Boyle is, I wouldn't give up a player like hagelin or kreider either for a little over a year of Boyle

Old
03-19-2013, 09:55 PM
Heyoooo*

Any deal has to involve a 1st rounder and a top six forward with grit.

Sather is a trade master so I have confidence he will get a good return, but still, the whole thing im very disappointed in.

I really dont think its going to make us better either way.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:56 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Quote:
Top 4 d, and a gritty bottom 6 player AND we take on salary? WHAT?
St. Louis as I mentioned would make sense.

I could also see Winnipeg, LA, and Nashville making sense. Question is, are these teams on Gaborik's no move list?

I think Rangerboy is trying to point out that with the return Gaborik would fetch, i.e. the Rangers won't be getting back just picks and prospects. They'd take back a top 4 D and top 9 forward with a salary.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Vancouver would make some sense. But outside of Kassian, I don't know what I want. Maybe one of their defensemen? Don't want Raymond. And hell no to Booth.

Closed Thread