HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JT Miller

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Miller's play on Buffalo's 3rd goal was just bizarre. He singlehandedly turned a 3 on 3 rush into a 3 on 2 against. Just skated right into the neutral zone while the Sabres were coming the other way. I know hes 19, but Im not sure I've ever seen anything like that at the NHL level in my life.
I guess you don't remember Max Kondratiev making a line change on a 2-on-2 against?

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
03-13-2013, 01:24 PM
McRanger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR713 View Post
This is very true. Although NY only scored 1 goal, there is a much better chance to tie if the game could be kept at 2-1. Miller absolutely blew is defensive coverage on that 3rd goal and left McD to defend 2 players directly in front of the net. I know he is young and learning, but in this shortened season every game is considered a must win. If NY can snag a vet for the 3rd line, JT would be better served in the A getting his game rounded out and being used as an injury call up.
I noticed that as well. Though I couldn't tell from the angle if it was Girardi or Miller's man who was left open in front. Add that to BRBs point about picking up the man on the rush and it was not a good sequence for the kid.

That play bothered me more than the one where Miller coughed the puck up in the zone trying to stick handle through two guys. That attempt may have been inadvisable, but I still think that would not have happened if Boyle wasn't fumbling with the puck.

Last edited by McRanger: 03-13-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old
03-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
If Miller was 20 years old, I'd say keep him up. I'm not thrilled on starting his UFA status a year early for this, however.

edit: and blaming it on him not playing center is a cop-out. He was moved from center because he was struggling there.

Last edited by Thirty One: 03-13-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old
03-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Kershaw

Another blunder by management in keeping him up. It's comical at this point. I'd rather have Newbury.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Stepanformayor*

I am a big Miller fan but I think it's time to send him back to the Whale and let him play 18-20 minutes a night and get ready for next year. He is a big strong kid that plays hard but he is just a bit behind in his thinking. I think he is better suited to play a lot of minutes in Con. right now.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:20 PM
chosen

Right now he could still become anything. My guess is he will end up a decent defensive forward but not much else.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Pizza

hey there chosen. nice to see you around.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I guess you don't remember Max Kondratiev making a line change on a 2-on-2 against?
Ha, dont remember that one off the top of my head. Brian Leetch was my favorite Ranger, so I try to block out how Kondratiev and cement-footed Immonen were 2 centerpieces on that deal.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Jb444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Ha, dont remember that one off the top of my head. Brian Leetch was my favorite Ranger, so I try to block out how Kondratiev and cement-footed Immonen were 2 centerpieces on that deal.
Another fine game by JT Miller. in my opinion, this was his best game as a Ranger. Maybe the shootout goal was kind of bizarre, but the kid played great and came thru in the clutch in a must win game. I am proud of the kid and I personally think this was a big step for BIG things to come from him moving forward. He seems to have the confidence, but just needed that breakthrough performance.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Oak
Hockey fan

Haven't been that impressed. He does OK but he just makes too many mistakes imo.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:26 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardacus View Post
Haven't been that impressed. He does OK but he just makes too many mistakes imo.
First year players tend to be prone to doing that while they're still learning the game at this level...

Old
03-19-2013, 08:26 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardacus View Post
Never been a big fan as some. Dont get me wrong he has done some good things i admit but he makes a ton of mistakes that luckily havent killed us yet.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:04 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I like a lot of what he's doing. Some of the plays he makes are pretty remarkable for a 19 year old.

Yes he's made some big mistakes. But he has the confidence to step into a game like tonights and just match the intensity.

03-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I like a lot of what he's doing. Some of the plays he makes are pretty remarkable for a 19 year old.

Yes he's made some big mistakes. But he has the confidence to step into a game like tonights and just match the intensity.
Agreed. I'd like to see him turn some of his chances into points but for a young rookie in the NHL he's doing pretty well.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:11 PM
Pizza

My thought on Miller is that he is one tough, confident youngster who will get better and better. I hate to come off wrong but this kid is a killer. Knew it the first time I saw him.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Kershaw

Bad again tonight. If only Miller's brain was in Kreider's body, the ultimate prospect.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:14 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post

Like Torts says whenever people ask him about JT, he goes out there and tries to make things happen. He isn't tentative, no matter what situation he's on. Very nice to see a young guy play like that. If he keeps that up and starts putting up some points, he'll have a good future ahead of him.

RANGERS =
Old
03-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Garden Mystique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Bad again tonight. If only Miller's brain was in Kreider's body, the ultimate prospect.
Bad?! I thought he had a good game tonight he was noticeable and made a nice play off the boards to the net. You have to remember this kid is 20 years old and will only get better.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:21 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
I think Kreider is still going to be a bigtime player out of the 2. i admit he didnt play well but i think injuries and lack of confidence hurt him. I have watched his games in the AHL and he looks pretty unstoppable right now. he is using his size and speed especially in front of the net. I have a feeling when he comes back we will see what we say in the playoffs and better

Old
03-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Harleydude666

Quote:
Dude, stop bogarting that joint, he played very well tonight

Old
03-19-2013, 10:34 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Continues to show flashes, very inconsistent, offense needs to arrive already.

He has a longer leash than a lot of the prospects have had under Torts, and that's purely do to his play away from the puck, which is good for a 20 year old.

Took another penalty tonight because he didn't keep his feet moving.

He's getting opportunities and he's not really taking advantage. Yes, he plays even strength with Boyle as his C, but he's getting consistent PP2 time and not doing anything with it.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:54 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Continues to show flashes, very inconsistent, offense needs to arrive already.

He has a longer leash than a lot of the prospects have had under Torts, and that's purely do to his play away from the puck, which is good for a 20 year old.

Took another penalty tonight because he didn't keep his feet moving.

He's getting opportunities and he's not really taking advantage. Yes, he plays even strength with Boyle as his C, but he's getting consistent PP2 time and not doing anything with it.
you guys nit pick a little to much about him.. the kid has so much poise with the puck.. is physical, and shows flashes of offense.. hes a rookie.. hes learning the game and playing real well considering mid season call up.. hes really defensively responsible thats why torts plays him.. he made excellent plays in his own zone to prevent devils chances, usually does this once a game.. defense first in nhl, goals and offense will come.. not everyone comes up a nets 20g and 40ps.. things take time.. and the PP2 i mean come on our first unit could barely do anything, what do you want halpern out there or haley??

BE PATIENT!!!

Old
03-20-2013, 12:00 AM
JD123

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
you guys nit pick a little to much about him.. the kid has so much poise with the puck.. is physical, and shows flashes of offense.. hes a rookie.. hes learning the game and playing real well considering mid season call up.. hes really defensively responsible thats why torts plays him.. he made excellent plays in his own zone to preventdevils chances, usually does this once a game.. defense first in nhl, goals and offense will come.. not everyone comes up a nets 20g and 40ps.. things take time.. and the PP2 i mean come on our first unit could barely do anything, what do you want halpern out there or haley??

BE PATIENT!!!
Yep! 20 years and the kid bulldozed his way to the net tonight pretty much without any help from his inept offensive line mates. He's going to make mistakes no doubt, but his energy and even strength is something this team needs! Especially on the third line. So take the good with the bad but I'm definitely seeing more good than bad. For now he brings energy and some skill, but if remained with that line of kreider and cally he would have the points to back it up as well

Old
03-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
so, so biased. JT played a very strong game in a rivalry charged cauldron. It appears he has finally figured out that if he wants to record any more points he cannot let the puck get to Boyle's stick. btw, how many times did Boyle fall to the ice and remove himself from the play? BB is like that kid on your Rec basketball team that no matter how open he gets you don't pass him the ball because he'll never hit a shot. I think it's time to build a 3rd line around JT. One with Kreider would be nice. Just hope they can hold their own defensively.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
So, the problem with Miller is his physical attributes? That's really, really off base. The kid doesn't skate as fast as CK but he hits harder, is better on his skates and is better handling the puck. It's his decision making that has gotten him into trouble with Torts. You know, thinking before you type is allowed.

Closed Thread