HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

OT Thread XX: Title Pending.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-19-2013, 09:48 PM
  #126
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,979
vCash: 500
Taylor Swift

nyrpassion is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:50 PM
  #127
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
So how about some of you guys post a list of your favorite musicians? Let's see how many of them are drug addicts who you won't have sympathy for.
What's the point of this post? I have no favorite musician anyway. I listen to Trance and House. A bunch of these DJ's are actually really great guys. They don't promote what Lil Wayne promotes. They aren't outspoken about they're drug life, if they have one. See, with these DJ's, I don't know whether they do drugs or not, because they're not punks like Wayne who "brag" about it in every song and through his actions, clearly.

If one of the DJ's I happen to listen to ended up in the hospital from something he did to himself through the use of drugs and alcohol, I wouldn't feel sympathetic at all. Why would I? It's his fault.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:50 PM
  #128
Krams
asl?
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: [unknown]
Country: United States
Posts: 6,627
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
I don't feel sympathetic for someone dying from drinking and taking party drugs

I'll leave it at that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
Because it's self inflicted...

I don't feel bad for a punk like him who smokes weed, drinks codeine, and does God knows what else. He didn't have a seizure out of the blue for no reason. They found codeine in his blood.

My brother's friend has had seizures because he pops pills (Xanax mainly) and does a lot of drugs.

I'm supposed to feel sympathy for Wayne? I'm not praying for him to die, I'm just saying if something happened, I wouldn't give a single ****, nor would I feel sympathetic. The only one's who I feel bad for are his children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Are you seriously asking this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
yeah. no sympathy whatsoever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Pretty much what they said.

I'm not trying to sound heartless, but he's doing it to himself. Furthermore, he's ****ing rapping about it and drinking the **** in public and taking snapshots during photo ops with the ****. It's sad and disgraceful. It's his own fault. We should feel sorry for his family who has to watch their loved one murder himself.
C'mon, guys. Simply because somebody has a problem with drugs, they deserve no sympathy if they suffer a potentially lethal medical complication? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the guy hasn't been convicted of a violent crime in his life. He's a good guy and he suffers from a drug addiction. So what? We all have problems.

Krams is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:53 PM
  #130
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFW View Post
C'mon, guys. Simply because somebody has a problem with drugs, they deserve no sympathy if they suffer a potentially lethal medical complication? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the guy hasn't been convicted of a violent crime in his life. He's a good guy and he suffers from a drug addiction. So what? We all have problems.
Problem with drugs? It's not that he's addicted to this ****. It's the fact that he promotes it as well and encourages it. A punk like him gets no sympathy from me.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:54 PM
  #131
Fire AV
#NotMyCoach
 
Fire AV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 20,858
vCash: 420
Just some of the top on my iPod

Imagine Dragons
Mumford and Sons
Muse
Macklemore
Billy Joel
Skrillex (hate all you want)
London Philharmonics

__________________
Fire AV is online now  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:54 PM
  #132
Kane One
Registered User
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 34,681
vCash: 1425
Did you feel sympathetic for Boogaard? Technically he did it himself. Concussions didn't kill him. All the pills he was taking killed him.

That question was directed at everyone except CCP. I can't really argue the point he's making.

__________________
Glass from Girardi is practically a mathematical impossibility. I'm glad to have witnessed this great Rangers moment. -Bob Richards
I'd hate to know what the toilet facilities look like after a game with the way this team aims... -Megustaelhockey
Kane One is online now  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:54 PM
  #133
Groot
I am Groot.
 
Groot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ridge, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I actually have 0 respect for T-Swift.
This. I have more respect for Lil Wayne than T-Swift, she's a bully that plays a victim. Now I'm expecting a single trashing me in about 20 minutes.

Groot is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:55 PM
  #134
Fire AV
#NotMyCoach
 
Fire AV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 20,858
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGRYK21 View Post
This. I have more respect for Lil Wayne than T-Swift, she's a bully that plays a victim. Now I'm expecting a single trashing me in about 20 minutes.
Nope. **** taylor swift

Fire AV is online now  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:56 PM
  #135
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
Did you feel sympathetic for Boogaard? Technically he did it himself. Concussions didn't kill him. All the pills he was taking killed him.
No I didn't. I was sad to learn what had happened and what he did to himself. But I didn't feel bad for him. As cruel as it sounds, it was his decision to do what he did.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:56 PM
  #136
Groot
I am Groot.
 
Groot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ridge, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Just some of the top on my iPod

Imagine Dragons
Mumford and Sons
Muse
Macklemore
Billy Joel

Skrillex (hate all you want)
London Philharmonics
good choices my friend.

Groot is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:56 PM
  #137
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,979
vCash: 500
hellooo

nyrpassion is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:57 PM
  #138
Kane One
Registered User
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 34,681
vCash: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
No I didn't. I was sad to learn what had happened and what he did to himself. But I didn't feel bad for him. As cruel as it sounds, it was his decision to do what he did.
Oh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
RIP Boogey Man, you'll be sorely missed by everyone!

Kane One is online now  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:58 PM
  #139
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
Oh..
What's your point?

I was sad that he passed, did you not read that? I do miss him. He wasn't a punk piece of ****. I don't have sympathy towards him, but I do miss him.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:58 PM
  #140
Groot
I am Groot.
 
Groot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ridge, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,273
vCash: 500
Well, the Two Towers is starting at 11 on AMC, so long sleep, Gollum is one creepy ****er.

Groot is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:58 PM
  #141
PlamsUnlimited
The Juice is Loose
 
PlamsUnlimited's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,412
vCash: 919
No love for my choices?

PlamsUnlimited is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:58 PM
  #142
Lorb
.
 
Lorb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15,212
vCash: 500
I have no respect for anyone. I am a bad ass.

Lorb is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:59 PM
  #144
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Hold my baby, man.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 19,493
vCash: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFW View Post
C'mon, guys. Simply because somebody has a problem with drugs, they deserve no sympathy if they suffer a potentially lethal medical complication? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the guy hasn't been convicted of a violent crime in his life. He's a good guy and he suffers from a drug addiction. So what? We all have problems.
We can agree to disagree then. I've gone through my partying stage and I've gotten past it. I know good people who have drug problems and have overcome them. He should be doing the same, but he's not. If goes to rehab or at least tries to get better, then that's one thing. Look, I'm not saying I laugh at other's misfortunes but I can't feel sorry for them. When people struggle with addiction it's a tough thing to go through, but he flaunts it because in that culture it;s the cool thing to do.







On top of that (and i'm not hip to the rap scene so correct me if I'm wrong) he writes songs about it. "Sippin Sizzurp"?..Yeah real ****ing cool. To me, that's not like a drug problem I've ever seen or experienced, it's him trying live up to an image and taking it too far.

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
03-19-2013, 09:59 PM
  #145
Kane One
Registered User
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 34,681
vCash: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
What's your point?
I don't get how you could sorely miss someone who you don't feel sympathetic for.

Kane One is online now  
Old
03-19-2013, 10:00 PM
  #146
Krams
asl?
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: [unknown]
Country: United States
Posts: 6,627
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
Problem with drugs? It's not that he's addicted to this ****. It's the fact that he promotes it as well and encourages it. A punk like him gets no sympathy from me.
Are obese people chemically addicted to eating unhealthily? No, they eat Big Macs because they enjoy them irrespective of the health risks. And if they die as a result of complications from heart disease, do you feel no sympathy if by all other accounts they're a good person?

Lil Wayne hasn't ever shoved Purple Drank down anybody else's throat. People should be able to make their own decisions regarding this stuff. It's really not all that difficult. He should be allowed to promote any non-violent hobby he wishes.

I have more respect for Lil Wayne than just about any American president from the 1820s on. He's hurt far fewer people.

Krams is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 10:01 PM
  #147
Fire AV
#NotMyCoach
 
Fire AV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 20,858
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
Did you feel sympathetic for Boogaard? Technically he did it himself. Concussions didn't kill him. All the pills he was taking killed him.

That question was directed at everyone except CCP. I can't really argue the point he's making.
Boogard was taking the oxycodone to deal with mental/physical health problems, wasn't he?
He wasn't using it for his enjoyment, nor was he promoting it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
Oh..
.....

How do you....

What even....

Did you have that post saved up?

Fire AV is online now  
Old
03-19-2013, 10:01 PM
  #148
PlamsUnlimited
The Juice is Loose
 
PlamsUnlimited's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,412
vCash: 919
What is sizzirp

PlamsUnlimited is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.