HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours Thread Part V: Gaborik "available"; LeBrun: NYR interested in D. Boyle

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Heyoooo*

vCash: 500
I would think his NTC has **** small market teams on it.

Buffalo, Winnipeg, Edmonton, etc.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:02 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardacus View Post
Nash is playing at PPG pace right now. Who else on the team is? He also got injured and came back just as hot if not better.

He proved enough for me. He is consistent. He is not Cally but he puts in work on both ends. He hustles.

Gaborik is a lazy turd and I really can't say what happened to Richards. I dislike both but would be willing to give Richards another chance if he gets his **** back together soon. Gabby on the other hand needs a serious beating. He is just down right lazy and disrespectful to the entire team playing the way he is.
That last paragraph is wrong on so many levels I don't even know what to say.

Nash has done his fair share of cherrypicking this year. Gaborik has been the more reliable backchecker of the two.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:02 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
St. Louis as I mentioned would make sense.

I could also see Winnipeg, LA, and Nashville making sense. Question is, are these teams on Gaborik's no move list?

I think Rangerboy is trying to point out that with the return Gaborik would fetch, i.e. the Rangers won't be getting back just picks and prospects. They'd take back a top 4 D and top 9 forward with a salary.
I don't see St Louis as a match - they have more than enough wingers as it is.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Heyoooo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardacus View Post
Nash is playing at PPG pace right now. Who else on the team is? He also got injured and came back just as hot if not better.
Cool.

Lets just trade everyone then except for him.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:10 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
I don't see St Louis as a match - they have more than enough wingers as it is.
That's true, I figured they'd make sense if St. Louis felt they could make a run and feel comfortable giving up Shattenkirk in the process.

Steen is actually a center by trade playing the wing. The team is overloaded with centers. Backes, Berglund, Oshie, Steen, McDonald, Porter, all natural centers. Someone has to move.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:35 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
That's true, I figured they'd make sense if St. Louis felt they could make a run and feel comfortable giving up Shattenkirk in the process.

Steen is actually a center by trade playing the wing. The team is overloaded with centers. Backes, Berglund, Oshie, Steen, McDonald, Porter, all natural centers. Someone has to move.
id love Backes on this team. a legit power forward.. Oshie is a underrated player..

Old
03-19-2013, 10:37 PM
Pizza

For some reason Mike Gartner's name just popped into my head....

Old
03-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Joey Bones

To be honest, I hope they don't trade Gaborik.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:47 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Are you saying they should trade for him?

Old
03-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Don't know why we'd be interested in Boyle when we are penciling in McIlrath next year.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:49 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
Totally.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:58 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
That would be far from the most ridiculous trade proposal I've seen here.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Don't know why we'd be interested in Boyle when we are penciling in McIlrath next year.
doubt Hamrlik and Gilroy will be back next year...

Old
03-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
doubt Hamrlik and Gilroy will be back next year...
Staal, Girardi, MDZ, MCD, MCilrath, Stralman, and Eminger.

that's 7 defenseman I'd go to war with.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:36 PM
Richter Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Have to imagine if we get Boyle, Gaborik is on his way out.

Hamrlik killed any chance of adding a player with a 5M+ cap hit.
Pretty sure I said this about Hamrlik when we picked him up and I got people saying that was a ridiculous concern, that he'd be a solid 5/6 D man, and that he would help the PP a lot with his "blistering" shot.

Sounds about right for this board. Helped the PP a ton with all those PP minutes he's getting, and that sick nasty fluttering shot he's got.

... And if the Boyle trade rumors are true, Sather is clearly stuck in win now mode; otherwise wtf. But then again, its Sather... so, **** it.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:44 PM
ecemleafs

dan boyles got 3 even strength points on the year. only eminger and gilroy have fewer points even strength on our team than that.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:47 PM
Richter Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
That last paragraph is wrong on so many levels I don't even know what to say.

Nash has done his fair share of cherrypicking this year. Gaborik has been the more reliable backchecker of the two.
Uhhhh, what? Have you even watched the games? I think I've seen Gabby backcheck twice all year (granted there was one in a recent game that was actually a good play and broke up a good scoring chance). I have trouble keeping track of the number of times in a single game I see Gabby coasting on a backcheck or defensive zone coverage/assignment. Not saying Nash is ten times better or anything (especially recently he's seemed to make a few more poor defensive decisions and been coasting some), but he's been consistently a lot better than Gabby defensively. It's just not Gabby's game.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:52 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter Scale View Post
Uhhhh, what? Have you even watched the games? I think I've seen Gabby backcheck twice all year (granted there was one in a recent game that was actually a good play and broke up a good scoring chance). I have trouble keeping track of the number of times in a single game I see Gabby coasting on a backcheck or defensive zone coverage/assignment. Not saying Nash is ten times better or anything (especially recently he's seemed to make a few more poor defensive decisions and been coasting some), but he's been consistently a lot better than Gabby defensively. It's just not Gabby's game.
selective memory. Gabbys been fine in the defensive zone..hes backchecked just as hard as Nash...difference is in teh offensive zone, outside of tonight, and a handful of other games, Gaborik has been MIA.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:54 PM
ecemleafs

gaboriks defensive problems arent backchecking. its being strong on the puck and getting it out of the defensive zone when puck comes up the boards.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:00 AM
JeffMangum
Debaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter Scale View Post
Nash has been a nightmare in his own zone, especially over the past two games. He's reaching for pucks, getting beaten positionally, and turns over the puck in the neutral zone at least two or three times a game. Isn't a huge factor in and of itself, but when paired with two other weak defensive players in Gaborik and Richards, the line is just unable to exit the zone when they give up possession of the puck. Frankly, Nash-Richards-Gaborik has been the Rangers' worst line defensively, by far. They're so bad in their own end, they can hardly control the puck when they're on the ice. Not really a fan of that line. They're good on the rush, but aside from that, it just doesn't work.

In short, it doesn't really matter which of these players have been "worse" defensively. They've both been terrible in that facet.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
03-20-2013, 12:18 AM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Favorite player of all time for me. Was so bittersweet winning the cup in 94, knowing he was moved before then. Not even like he had a bad year, had 52 points in 71 games before he was moved, 28 of them were goals. He was the jersey i wore playing street hockey growing up. SUch an underrated player in my opinion.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:13 AM
JaeTM

Just saw Kassian left tonight's game in the first with an upper body injury. Didnt see it or know how severe it was.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:22 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Why? Because Fisher would immensely improve our 3C position. That's not even remotely debatable. You stated that I "think trading for Fisher is a better solution" when I never said anything remotely close to that. I've said it's a more realistic solution and that the return addressed 3 current team needs. Pretty simple concept

Here is the way I see it.
When 2 proposals, 1 and 2, are being discussed and you say that
A - proposal 1 is unrealistic.
B - proposal 2 would immensely help the team and it's not even remotely debatable
C - proposal 2 is more realistic.

That implies that you like proposal 2 more than proposal 1.
I don't know of any other way to explain it.

As to Fisher coming to the Rangers, I think it's more unrealistic actually. He has a NTC and his wife is a big star country singer from Nashville, he ain't moving to NYC.
And his 4.2M contract running until he is 35 makes his short term value a pretty expensive proposition long term.
Besides the fact that Sather rarely takes back more terms in a trade.

I don't wanna make this a long running feud, so I will agree to disagree and move on.

But I am still right

Old
03-20-2013, 06:02 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

St. Louis may be a good idea. The team is absolutely loaded with depth. If we could acquire a top six and a top four d for Gaborik + one minor, it may be be a win/win.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:12 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
St. Louis may be a good idea. The team is absolutely loaded with depth. If we could acquire a top six and a top four d for Gaborik + one minor, it may be be a win/win.
Ian cole and Perron I start listening

Closed Thread