HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's shakeup time

Old
03-17-2013, 04:16 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Hannan would be better in the press box where he doesn't have to skate end-to-end at all.

03-17-2013, 04:18 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
I think a big part of the issue is tha Trotz's "core" forwards--the one he trusts with icetime in all situations, the ones that are supposed to be the bulk of the production--are all on the downside of their careers. Legwand, Erat, Fisher---they've always been somewhat complementary players, but they've fallen down a notch even doing that. My fear is that any of these guys will receive another contract that's even close to what they're making now. On a team where every shekel counts, Martin Erat can't make 4.5 million dollars. The "core" needs to shift before any chance of real success is realized.
Agreed. The core going forward (hopefully) will be Wilson, Weber, Josi, and Rinne for sure. Maybe Ellis, Smith and Watson (Smith needs to pick it up and no one knows what Watson will do in the NHL).

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Agreed. The core going forward (hopefully) will be Wilson, Weber, Josi, and Rinne for sure. Maybe Ellis, Smith and Watson (Smith needs to pick it up and no one knows what Watson will do in the NHL).
add Hornqvist, and hopefully Klein sticks around to anchor the second pair long term.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:36 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
This thread is ridiculous, but I think this idea takes the cake.

Waive Kostitsyn? Seriously? I agree that it might be time to part ways with him, but waiving a player like Kostitsyn is essentially the same as wiping your ass with draft picks and flushing them down the toilet. Terrible asset management. Kostitsyn would definitely get picked up and we wouldn't get anything of value. Kostitsyn is definitely worth at least a 3rd rounder at the deadline.
still think this?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Byrddog

Smith is a waste of air.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:45 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Smith is a waste of air.
Ever since that time he shot the puck over the net on a open net he hasn't been the same player and he's gone backwards.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:48 PM
thecloser

JUst trade Kostitsyn for a pick. he needs to go now

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:35 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
still think this?
waiving sk is still not best asset management. he would get a mid round pick at least at the deadline. he is a RFA right?

NoNecksCurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:09 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
waiving sk is still not best asset management. he would get a mid round pick at least at the deadline. he is a RFA right?
to be an asset, you have to have worth.

I wouldn't give anything for him. all a gm needs to do is pop in tonights fiasco and then look at any kid in the minors effort and make the right choice

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:14 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I've always pulled for SK but this season is a disaster for him. I have no idea where his heart/mind are (probably mother russia), but he needs a kick in the ass.

We've all wanted to see our youngin's get a chance, this is how they learn and grow. Atleast they try. If we could ditch SK & Legwand to start, I'd be much happier.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:15 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
to be an asset, you have to have worth.

I wouldn't give anything for him. all a gm needs to do is pop in tonights fiasco and then look at any kid in the minors effort and make the right choice
if i was a GM, i wouldn't give squat for him. but at the deadline, we will get something for him. might actually be surprised with the return.. he had what a 50+ point season and is the best +/- on our team (dont care for this stat too much) .. we know his consistency and work ethic suck... i think he gets a 3rd rounder at the deadline.

Old
03-18-2013, 01:18 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
I've always pulled for SK but this season is a disaster for him. I have no idea where his heart/mind are (probably mother russia), but he needs a kick in the ass.

We've all wanted to see our youngin's get a chance, this is how they learn and grow. Atleast they try. If we could ditch SK & Legwand to start, I'd be much happier.
id love to ditch farquaad or invisible man, then at least one of gill or hannan at the deadline if not both. then sk, too. hell, maybe erat if we could get our money's worth... im in complete favor of a rebuild. these aging farts will never bring home a cup.

Old
03-18-2013, 01:23 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
id love to ditch farquaad or invisible man, then at least one of gill or hannan at the deadline if not both. then sk, too. hell, maybe erat if we could get our money's worth... im in complete favor of a rebuild. these aging farts will never bring home a cup.
Yeah, when Hannan got "hurt" tonight, I was thinking everything is working out just fine.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Preds33

Quote:
If I am not mistaken he is a UFA with a year left. But honestly, I think he wants to go back to the KHL.

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:53 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
If I am not mistaken he is a UFA with a year left. But honestly, I think he wants to go back to the KHL.
I think he'd have survived the fiasco with AK fine, but got to agree with the above, it sure seems going back "home" has been a negative influence on SK.

Personally, I'd like to roll Boychuck and Mueller tomorrow and let SK sit, then decide if "featuring" him is the best way to maximize a deadline deal. Otherwise, just go with the kids/guys who are at the "one last shot" point.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:58 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

While we're shaking things up, this may be an unpopular opinion but I think we could use an upgrade at broadcast duo. These two offer nothing new, they've been playing the same record for 10 years, and aren't critical enough of our own players.

I know they walk a fine line, but every goal by the opposition is due to hard work or great playing. I've yet to hear them call out a single one of our players, the refs, whatever. It's so ho hum. It's like they've been drinking from the same cooler as SK74.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:04 PM
april

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
While we're shaking things up, this may be an unpopular opinion but I think we could use an upgrade at broadcast duo. These two offer nothing new, they've been playing the same record for 10 years, and aren't critical enough of our own players.

I know they walk a fine line, but every goal by the opposition is due to hard work or great playing. I've yet to hear them call out a single one of our players, the refs, whatever. It's so ho hum. It's like they've been drinking from the same cooler as SK74.
I agree that we need a major broadcast announcer upgrade. Crispy gets off on ridiculous tangents and it detracts from the actual narration of the game.

Both announcers are boring and mundane, and with an increasingly youthful demographic of preds fans, we need to liven things up and get more exciting announcers.

That being said, the Milwaukee Admirals announcer is phenomenal. Super energetic and gets everyone excited about the game.

april is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:07 PM
drwpreds

Quote:

Agree with this 1,000%- would absolutely love to see a change

drwpreds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:06 PM
AEM6729

Quote:

Maybe I'm the minority, but I actually like Weber and Crispy. I feel like Crispy does call out our own players a fair amount.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:21 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Maybe I'm the minority, but I actually like Weber and Crispy. I feel like Crispy does call out our own players a fair amount.
Just for the record, I like them, too, especially Crispy- but that doesn't mean they have to be our announcers......

drwpreds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:36 AM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Just for the record, I like them, too, especially Crispy- but that doesn't mean they have to be our announcers......
believe me they aren't the worst I don't knowwho is the best right now. I think Pete would be a lot better with a better partner even though I like Crispy he's can't keep up with the plays.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:32 AM
thecloser

I'm a fan of the Crispinator

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 02:33 AM
AintLifeGrand

I feel like long tenured announcers are a staple of building a franchise with history and tradition. I see those guys as like Nashvilles answer to Skip Carey and Pete Vanwieren.

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:18 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Pete and Terry are largely beloved except by some of the more "experienced" fans who get tired of the schtick and want them to be more like canadian broadcasters who are talking to an audience that has known hockey since the cradle and dont need gimmicks, but they are in the minority and P and T arent going anywhere, unless they decide to retire.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:31 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

That's like so far down the list of problems right now....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote