HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

NYR/LA Proposal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-03-2006, 07:52 AM
  #76
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
If you believe that, then why on Earth would the Rangers trade him for a 2nd line forward?
because Frolov has a ton of potential and at his age he still has time to reach it. 1st line scoring star is not a far reach

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 08:37 AM
  #77
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest
 
BigCanada77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,817
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
because Frolov has a ton of potential and at his age he still has time to reach it. 1st line scoring star is not a far reach
Yea but Staal also has a ton of potential as you just stated before, I dont know why you're not getting this. 1st pairing defensemen and top D man in the league is not a far reach either.

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 08:42 AM
  #78
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 14,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
because Frolov has a ton of potential and at his age he still has time to reach it. 1st line scoring star is not a far reach
I just don't get this. You say that you believe that Staal will end up being equal to Phaneuf, who is already one of the best defensemen in the league. If you believe that than how can you even begin to justify trading someone like that for a 2nd line forward, whom you hope wil make a top-liner? How many 2nd line forwards get traded for top-pairing defensemen?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 10:09 AM
  #79
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I just don't get this. You say that you believe that Staal will end up being equal to Phaneuf, who is already one of the best defensemen in the league. If you believe that than how can you even begin to justify trading someone like that for a 2nd line forward, whom you hope wil make a top-liner? How many 2nd line forwards get traded for top-pairing defensemen?
Easy, because he is what he's calling out everyone else to be...

A homer.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 05:52 PM
  #80
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,986
vCash: 500
#1 relax

#2 I am just saying dont peg Frolov as a carrer second liner. He is already a proven second liner with first line potential written all over him. I am saying Staal, whom I also love, has Top pairing potential, but as of yet is unproven.

Neither team is going to trade them for each other as this was all hypothetical. All I was trying to get some people to recognize is they seem to write off other organizations players as garbage and bloat their own unproven prospects.

I am a Rangers/Kings fan because of my loyalty to Gretzky when he played. I have followed both teams extensively and know their prospect bases very well.

When I hear people laugh of a Staal for Frolov trade because a person says Frolov is only a second liner, well at least at this point he is a second liner and he has point per game potential. He is possibly the best defensive forward on his team and has sic puck protection skills. He is quitely developing up to his targeted potential.

Staal is a top 15 prospect in the game but has yet to prove anything at this level. He is a few years away from any type of major contribution at the NHL level but should live up to potential as should Frolov.

In the long run if they both live up to their potential, Staal being a top level blue liner, and Frolov being a top line scorer I would pick Staal because of his position. If we added Montoya into the arguement and he reached his full potential then the order would be Montoya, Staal, Frolov.

As for now I am not sure how I would be a homer when I am a fan of both teams and love both players. They are just at different levels right now in development and at this point Frolov has proven more. Give it a few years and that might change and could easily change.

What I will close with is just dont write off players to early, dont write off other teams prospects, and dont get caught up in where a player was drafted because their will always be Robitaille's and Prucha' s that will suprise and strive and there will always be the Storr's and Brad Browns that come in high and die.

Not looking for a fight, not looking for stupid responses as we can all learn off each other when facts and opinions ar presented in a mature way.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 06:19 PM
  #81
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
#1 relax

#2 I am just saying dont peg Frolov as a carrer second liner. He is already a proven second liner with first line potential written all over him. I am saying Staal, whom I also love, has Top pairing potential, but as of yet is unproven.

Neither team is going to trade them for each other as this was all hypothetical. All I was trying to get some people to recognize is they seem to write off other organizations players as garbage and bloat their own unproven prospects.

I am a Rangers/Kings fan because of my loyalty to Gretzky when he played. I have followed both teams extensively and know their prospect bases very well.

When I hear people laugh of a Staal for Frolov trade because a person says Frolov is only a second liner, well at least at this point he is a second liner and he has point per game potential. He is possibly the best defensive forward on his team and has sic puck protection skills. He is quitely developing up to his targeted potential.

Staal is a top 15 prospect in the game but has yet to prove anything at this level. He is a few years away from any type of major contribution at the NHL level but should live up to potential as should Frolov.

In the long run if they both live up to their potential, Staal being a top level blue liner, and Frolov being a top line scorer I would pick Staal because of his position. If we added Montoya into the arguement and he reached his full potential then the order would be Montoya, Staal, Frolov.

As for now I am not sure how I would be a homer when I am a fan of both teams and love both players. They are just at different levels right now in development and at this point Frolov has proven more. Give it a few years and that might change and could easily change.

What I will close with is just dont write off players to early, dont write off other teams prospects, and dont get caught up in where a player was drafted because their will always be Robitaille's and Prucha' s that will suprise and strive and there will always be the Storr's and Brad Browns that come in high and die.

Not looking for a fight, not looking for stupid responses as we can all learn off each other when facts and opinions ar presented in a mature way.
Why did you even bother than if you understand that Staal's potential is just as high, if not higher than Frolov's?

There's no sense in dealing for the sake of dealing.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 06:24 PM
  #82
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,021
vCash: 500
ugh. two words. Mattias Nordstrom. i'll pass big time.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 09:43 PM
  #83
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,986
vCash: 500
exactly, deal helps neither team. Kings need a second line, Rangers need a PP d man. As for Norstrom, underated as hell and would look good on 30 different teams.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 10:26 PM
  #84
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
exactly, deal helps neither team. Kings need a second line, Rangers need a PP d man. As for Norstrom, underated as hell and would look good on 30 different teams.
I'm pretty sure that is exactly what n8 was getting at. We've been burned trading high potential blueliners before, and most of us are hoping the lesson has been learned.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.