HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chia's biggest mistake as a Bruins GM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-19-2013, 09:52 PM
  #1
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew
 
Kelly23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 5,174
vCash: 500
Chia's biggest mistake as a Bruins GM

I LOVE what PC has done and agree with all but one thing he has done.

Giving Lucic the most money on the team, not making him play out his contract year.

Lucic is the laziest player on the planet CJ calls him out he dominates a game and goes back to being a lazzy pieace of crap.


Make this a lucic thread or what but I am tierd of this guy not giving effort If I were coach I demote him to the fourth line not for a game but for 5 games, were already in the play-off this team does not know how to win and he need some serious help, also I don't even offer Horton 2mill per, This team does not give a full 60 because of Lucic's attitude he is a checker with a quick release, he thinks his shot can carry him but in fact he is a lazy piece of crap.

Kelly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:58 PM
  #2
fireworks
Registered User
 
fireworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bobcaygeon
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
I LOVE what PC has done and agree with all but one thing he has done.

Giving Lucic the most money on the team, not making him play out his contract year.

Lucic is the laziest player on the planet CJ calls him out he dominates a game and goes back to being a lazzy pieace of crap.


Make this a lucic thread or what but I am tierd of this guy not giving effort If I were coach I demote him to the fourth line not for a game but for 5 games, were already in the play-off this team does not know how to win and he need some serious help, also I don't even offer Horton 2mill per, This team does not give a full 60 because of Lucic's attitude he is a checker with a quick release, he thinks his shot can carry him but in fact he is a lazy piece of crap.


Wow. Beauty thread?

Lucic hasn't played consistent this year...but this post is priceless!

This team has been frustrating this year...take a deap breath and walk away from your computer


Go Bruins!

fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:03 PM
  #3
mikelvl
Registered User
 
mikelvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 487
I'm just glad he didn't call for Chia to be fired. Watching Lucic has been frustrating.

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:04 PM
  #4
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew
 
Kelly23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 5,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
I'm just glad he didn't call for Chia to be fired. Watching Lucic has been frustrating.
I think He is by far the best GM in the NHL atleast top 3.

Kelly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:05 PM
  #5
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
TP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 7th Circle of Hell
Country: United States
Posts: 21,904
vCash: 500
I was expecting this to be about Wheeler.

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:05 PM
  #6
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.
 
Kaoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,597
vCash: 500
Dave Lewis is the correct answer.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:07 PM
  #7
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Dave Lewis is the correct answer.
You went there...

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:08 PM
  #8
22Brad Park
Registered User
 
22Brad Park's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,421
vCash: 500
i thought Lucic tried really hard tonite.And I was on him about 5 games ago.Only gripe I have with Lucic is he should be more physical and make it known he going to be mEAN! That will open up ice.Bruins just need more help is real problem,They have no third line at moment.Fix that everyone will see a difference in whole team.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:15 PM
  #9
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
We attack at 11.
 
Mike Yeos Eyebrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Swansea, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,852
vCash: 500
Drafting Zach Hamill.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:17 PM
  #10
DOGSTARMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
i thought Lucic tried really hard tonite.And I was on him about 5 games ago.Only gripe I have with Lucic is he should be more physical and make it known he going to be mEAN! That will open up ice.Bruins just need more help is real problem,They have no third line at moment.Fix that everyone will see a difference in whole team.
Need more help, agree.

Whenever Lucic looks at somebody he gets a penalty. I think this has messed up his game quite a bit. They seem to be stalking the "bully."

DOGSTARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:17 PM
  #11
DOGSTARMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,971
vCash: 500
Versteeg for Bochenski is the correct answer.

DOGSTARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:19 PM
  #12
GodTukka*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
Drafting Zach Hamill.
Either this or the aforementioned Versteeg deal

GodTukka* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:21 PM
  #13
Bruin4Life
Registered User
 
Bruin4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 552
vCash: 500
This is correct.

Lucic isn't worth 6 mil a year. Plain and simple. He's good for a 20-20 season and about 3-4 fights and top 10 in hits but THATS IT

Bruin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:24 PM
  #14
LyndonByers
Registered User
 
LyndonByers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,096
vCash: 500
A concern I have regarding Chia is I feel he has been to loyal to the core group that won the cup. I understand his thinking and had no issues with it last season but I feel enough time has elapsed where things maybe getting a little stale including the system. I feel some players feel to comfortable here and I think it might be time to upset the cart a bit to get guys on there toes a bit. The guy I would trade would be Horton and try an upgrade on Krejci`s line with a more skilled player who can assist Krejci in the creativity department.

LyndonByers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:25 PM
  #15
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some
 
Lost Horizons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Everywhere
Country: United States
Posts: 8,059
vCash: 500
his drafting record sucks and it hurts the team in times like this.

Lost Horizons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:31 PM
  #16
Rubber Biscuit
Noted Loui Apologist
 
Rubber Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndonByers View Post
A concern I have regarding Chia is I feel he has been to loyal to the core group that won the cup. I understand his thinking and had no issues with it last season but I feel enough time has elapsed where things maybe getting a little stale including the system. I feel some players feel to comfortable here and I think it might be time to upset the cart a bit to get guys on there toes a bit. The guy I would trade would be Horton and try an upgrade on Krejci`s line with a more skilled player who can assist Krejci in the creativity department.
I don't necessarily disagree. I think this is the core's last chance. There are some problems, though.

1. Horton has a NTC, so that limits where he can be moved

2. The Cap is coming down next season. So any replacement either has to be a rental, or a cheaper player.

Rubber Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:33 PM
  #17
trenton1
Paille Good
 
trenton1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Loge 31 Row 10
Country: Belize
Posts: 6,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
Drafting Zach Hamill.

Choosing Hamill over Couture was the salt in the Dave Lewis wound. That year might have been worth it with Couture in the fold.

I'm far from a draftnik but I thought most would choose Couture over Hamill. I was shocked and pissed off that they didn't.

Other than the toronto picks I don't like any of chia's 1st round selections. Hamill, Colbourne, Caron. I think they're all waiver fodder.


Last edited by trenton1: 03-19-2013 at 11:16 PM.
trenton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:35 PM
  #18
CDJ*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cape Cod
Country: United States
Posts: 8,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin4Life View Post
This is correct.

Lucic isn't worth 6 mil a year. Plain and simple. He's good for a 20-20 season and about 3-4 fights and top 10 in hits but THATS IT
He's put up 60 points each of the last two years.


Straight up lunacy.

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:35 PM
  #19
SpeedyLazaro
Registered User
 
SpeedyLazaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 500
Lazzy peace of crap'd

SpeedyLazaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:44 PM
  #20
finchster
Registered User
 
finchster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Belgorod
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 7,578
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Letting Ryder walk (not a bad move per-say) and replacing him with an inferior player in Pouliot. Then letting Pouliot walk and replacing him with an even more inferior player in Chris Bourque.

0 players out of 07-08-09 drafts also killed us

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:46 PM
  #21
redbeard7737
Registered User
 
redbeard7737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500
I couldnt believe all the homers here saying it was a good signing...Lucic at 6 million is a Gomez type of deal...ok slight exaggeration, but its a terrible signing. He needs to come out next game and get in a fight to wake himself up...throw some big checks like he used to...hate to say it and I know its not true, but seems like he got his pay cheque and is content with that.

redbeard7737 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:53 PM
  #22
LyndonByers
Registered User
 
LyndonByers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard7737 View Post
I couldnt believe all the homers here saying it was a good signing...Lucic at 6 million is a Gomez type of deal...ok slight exaggeration, but its a terrible signing. He needs to come out next game and get in a fight to wake himself up...throw some big checks like he used to...hate to say it and I know its not true, but seems like he got his pay cheque and is content with that.
I love Lucic and what he brings when he is on his game. He has a very unique skillset but I agree that he is simply not a 6 million dollar player.

All eyes will certainly be on him next season when he starts that contract but Chia certainly over paid for him. I hope Horton is the odd man out next year. Not liking his game at all.

LyndonByers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:55 PM
  #23
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez
 
unifiedtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,180
vCash: 500
He once hired Dave Lewis, that trumps almost anything he could possibly do in the future and definitely trumps the Lucic signing.

Do I think he is making too much money next year? Yes. I think he should be around $5 million so he's about a million over. Every GM in the league takes him at $5 million, think otherwise and you are fooling yourself.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:59 PM
  #24
Rubber Biscuit
Noted Loui Apologist
 
Rubber Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard7737 View Post
I couldnt believe all the homers here saying it was a good signing...Lucic at 6 million is a Gomez type of deal...ok slight exaggeration, but its a terrible signing. He needs to come out next game and get in a fight to wake himself up...throw some big checks like he used to...hate to say it and I know its not true, but seems like he got his pay cheque and is content with that.
It wasn't terrible. It was a little bit of an overpayment. It's worth the overpayment to keep the skill set. You can bet he would have gotten at least $6M on the open market.

Rubber Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:01 PM
  #25
Sam the Lion
**** the Habs
 
Sam the Lion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Texas USA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,883
vCash: 500
The Bruins are paying the price. Lucic is not. He no longer finishes his checks. The Bruins keep writing them.

Simple as that.

Sam the Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.