HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Devils | 3/19/13 | No Marty, No Fun :(

View Poll Results: 3 Stars of the Game
The King. The ****ing KING! 121 84.62%
Where's Eminger? In the penalty box 3 2.10%
Too bad for the Devils Stralman 2 1.40%
Still Faster than Richards Hamrlik 3 2.10%
Not a Del Zaster? 86 60.14%
Get Trucked Kovalchuk 7 4.90%
Duke Nukem's Balls of Steel G-Man 3 2.10%
'Powe'r Ranger 1 0.70%
Halpern do you even lift? (the puck) 3 2.10%
First Liner Michael Haley 3 2.10%
RASPBERRY JAM EVERYWHERE!!!! 14 9.79%
Boyle (who destroyed Volchenkov multiple times) 4 2.80%
The new Boyle, Pyatt 1 0.70%
Muri'C'a **** Yeah! 5 3.50%
Please say my name right Stepan 46 32.17%
Thor + The Flash = Hagelin 29 20.28%
The Rangers (aka Rick Nash) 73 51.05%
The Magic Beaver Man 2 1.40%
GABORIK! shoots wide 15 10.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
Let's get real. Lundqvist absolutely stole this game.

I think Richards HAS been much better the last few games, but I think Gaborik is still invisible. He's been marginally better the last two games, but he still floats around, is softer than a marshmallow and looks like he couldn't care less.

Great to get back in the playoff race, but, while I like Miller's game, even with the mistakes, we are going nowhere with a thrid and fourth line that can't score into an empty net. Top lines get shut down in the playoffs, period.

Here"s the goalscored by tonight's 3rd and 4th lines this season;

Miller - 2 (in one game, and he's the guy I like)
Boyle - 2 (one of which hit him in the ass and went in)
Pyatt - 3 (no points practically in a month)
Haley - 0
Halpern - 0
Powe - 0
Asham (assuming he's back soon) - 1

Teams with good third and fourth lines win in the playoffs -it's why we lost to the Devils last year.
those are some brutal stats. we need a couple of 15-20 goal scorers on our third line.

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:24 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McDonut View Post
those are some brutal stats. we need a couple of 15-20 goal scorers on our third line.
Don't know why they don't bring up Kreider and let him play with Miller on the third line with Pyatt, move Brian (I skate like an old lady) Boyle to the fourth line with Powe and Halpern, sit Asham and Haley except when they need a fighter.

Did like Boyle's hit on Volchenkov, but Boyle is behind every play or flopping on the ice.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:24 PM
Blueblood 2

No Avery.....No Fun!

Blueblood 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:31 PM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Let's get real. Lundqvist absolutely stole this game.

I think Richards HAS been much better the last few games, but I think Gaborik is still invisible. He's been marginally better the last two games, but he still floats around, is softer than a marshmallow and looks like he couldn't care less.

Great to get back in the playoff race, but, while I like Miller's game, even with the mistakes, we are going nowhere with a thrid and fourth line that can't score into an empty net. Top lines get shut down in the playoffs, period.

Here"s the goalscored by tonight's 3rd and 4th lines this season;

Miller - 2 (in one game, and he's the guy I like)
Boyle - 2 (one of which hit him in the ass and went in)
Pyatt - 3 (no points practically in a month)
Haley - 0
Halpern - 0
Powe - 0
Asham (assuming he's back soon) - 1

Teams with good third and fourth lines win in the playoffs -it's why we lost to the Devils last year.
Pyatt has 4 goals this season, but three of them came when he was playing on the 2nd line during the first few weeks of the season.

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:31 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Quote:
Don't know why they don't bring up Kreider and let him play with Miller on the third line with Pyatt, move Brian (I skate like an old lady) Boyle to the fourth line with Powe and Halpern, sit Asham and Haley except when they need a fighter.

Did like Boyle's hit on Volchenkov, but Boyle is behind every play or flopping on the ice.
and then give that third line some decent minutes. its a good idea but probably won't happen.

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:35 PM
Greg02

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
Pyatt has 4 goals this season, but three of them came when he was playing on the 2nd line during the first few weeks of the season.
And Boyle only has one according to ESPN/TSN.

Greg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
David Clarkson will be a NYR next season if he doesn't resign before the summer.. tons of people talking in his ear and maybe I am one of them

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:41 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
David Clarkson will be a NYR next season if he doesn't resign before the summer.. tons of people talking in his ear and maybe I am one of them
He's gonna get like $5.5M.

Hell no to that. Solid player, but he's not worth 1st line money, which he'll get in such a terrible free agent pool.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Next Gomez. ALL former NJD players suck for us.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:44 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, best 60 minute effort in a couple weeks.
Wait what?

Lundqvist plays even average and we lose by a few. The Rangers had a lot more quality scoring chances, but they made the same mistakes they usually do.

Missing the net on an odd man rush and having it wrap around the boards to give the other team an odd man rush is something you learn not to do in pee wee. Our forwards also did terrible along the boards, similar to the Ottawa game. They did however clog the slot well, and Lundqvist had quite a bit of support at the end stretch.

TBH I thought the game in Carolina was better played by the Rangers.

Lundqvist and MDZ were fantastic.

Gaborik created a ton tonight actually, I was quite surprised.

Miller made some plays that stunned me. For every ridiculously stupid giveaway he makes, his confidence makes up for it with an intelligent play.

Definitely not a bad game, but people that couldn't see it didn't miss out.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:45 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
And Boyle only has one according to ESPN/TSN.
I stand corrected, but my total is the same, and the point is obvious (I thought Boyle got credit for a shot from the point that glanced off his butt earlier in the season, but I guess not), the other goal was a week ago against the Crapitals.

BTW, would like Clarkson on the team as a 3rd liner, he worth probably about what Prust got from Montreal, you can't overpay in a cap league (remember, cap goes down 5 mil next season and you have several guys including McD off his ELC).

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:47 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

vCash: 50
Quote:
I couldn't take that. I hate that guy. Something about his face, I just wanna smash it. Just the way he looks just pisses me off.

Grumpy Humphrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:08 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

totally overrated.

good player, NOT worth what he will get.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:13 AM
Petey Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Gerald View Post
I couldn't take that. I hate that guy. Something about his face, I just wanna smash it. Just the way he looks just pisses me off.
he looks like the type of guy from high school that is a wise ass and at the same time a bully but is popular...then years later because he peaked in high school he gains like 60bs and becomes a janitor...that's what you meant right?

Petey Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:15 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Couldn't disagree with this post anymore than I already do.

Richards had a good game against the Hurricanes, but aside from that, has been terrible for the past 5-7 games. I've always been a fan of Richards, and I liked his play last season, but this year he has been a detriment on the ice. Maybe it's lack of conditioning, maybe it's age, but whatever it is, it's clearly taken away Richards' effectiveness.

Gaborik, on the other hand, despite his physical shortcomings, has been by far better than Richards over the course of this season, and is still generating chances. He had an excellent game tonight, setting up a couple of quality offensive chances, and hustling in the offensive zone. I can tell the goals are going to come for Gaborik, he's trying, they're just not going in for him. Especially over the last 4-5 games, he's played very well.

That being said, while Gaborik has played well, he STILL needs to pick up his play. He needs to finish, that's his job. He has 1 goal in his last 16 games. Unacceptable. Neither of these player's play has generally been acceptable, but I'm willing to give Gaborik a bit more leeway as A) he's creating offensive chances and B) he's had a better history with the Rangers than Richards has had. He's proven he can succeed on this team. Richards hasn't done that as of yet, and it looks like he may never do so. I hope I'm wrong, though.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:27 AM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Couldn't disagree with this post anymore than I already do.

Richards had a good game against the Hurricanes, but aside from that, has been terrible for the past 5-7 games. I've always been a fan of Richards, and I liked his play last season, but this year he has been a detriment on the ice. Maybe it's lack of conditioning, maybe it's age, but whatever it is, it's clearly taken away Richards' effectiveness.

Gaborik, on the other hand, despite his physical shortcomings, has been by far better than Richards over the course of this season, and is still generating chances. He had an excellent game tonight, setting up a couple of quality offensive chances, and hustling in the offensive zone. I can tell the goals are going to come for Gaborik, he's trying, they're just not going in for him. Especially over the last 4-5 games, he's played very well.

That being said, while Gaborik has played well, he STILL needs to pick up his play. He needs to finish, that's his job. He has 1 goal in his last 16 games. Unacceptable. Neither of these player's play has generally been acceptable, but I'm willing to give Gaborik a lot more leeway as A) he's creating offensive chances and B) he's had a better history with the Rangers than Richards has had. He's proven he can succeed on this team. Richards hasn't done that as of yet, and it looks like he may never do so. I hope I'm wrong, though.
This. Exactly. Gaborik has played really well lately. He is finally shooting the puck and generating chances. He had some really good looks the last few games. The goals Richards scored lately weren't really a product of his good doing as much as him benefiting from good play by teammates. Right now, it's an embarrassment that these guys are the 2nd and 3rd highest cap hits on our team.

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:29 AM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Gabby and Richie will find themselves.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:34 AM
trilobyte

To say that Gaborik was invisible tonight makes me wonder what people have against the guy.

This is Post Game Talk.
Let's just talk about this game.
He was everywhere tonight, and very involved. Played a blazingly fast game with all kinds of effort, and makes me emphasize yet again why I would like to see Gaborik stay.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:44 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Both Gabby & Richards played REALLY good games tonight....I can't believe ppl would nitpick their games. you don't ALWAYS score....those guys did a LOT of good things, they were positives for us, and they seem to be getting better every game. don't break up this line...let them really get going....most importantly because it allows Cally, Hagelin, and Stepan to stay together, whose games are so perfect for each other.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:22 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
For all the flack Hamrlik gets, I actually really like his breakout passes,he is a very smart player on the ice who knows his shortcomings and makes the right play with the puck 75%of the time ( which is more than Eminger, Bickel, Gilroy)

Stralman-Hamrlik is more than acceptable as a third pairing.

McDonagh-Girardi
Del Zotto-Staal
Hamrlik-Stralman
Eminger/Bickel
Gilroy (warm body for depth, can always flip him at the deadline for a pick as well)

Even though we won the last 2 games, i'm still not comfortable with the way the forwards play in the D-zone. We need more structure, and we need to use the middle of the ice instead of the boards ( which DZ does very well, and the reason why Nash scored the GWG tonight. Great heads-up play.

Now we need Richards and Gaborik to wake up to give us a much needed infusion of offense. Give Kreider his call-up too, he deserves it.

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:23 AM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 804
Lmao, great poll!

That was just a fun game to watch from start to finish, great to see for a change! And I got to watch it after having just come home from the Jets game, so tonight was pretty sweet all around!

Please oh hockey gods, please do not let the Rangers play the Jets in the first round if both teams make it!

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:32 AM
17futurecap

Tremendous Poll. I was the person who said in the GDT, have not heard Eminger's name all night, a minute later he took the penalty haha.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:40 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
For all the flack Hamrlik gets, I actually really like his breakout passes,he is a very smart player on the ice who knows his shortcomings and makes the right play with the puck 75%of the time ( which is more than Eminger, .
Eminger has to stop taking these stupid penalties especially in a 1 goal game with 5 minutes left...get well soon Marc!

Mio41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:45 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Gabby and Richie will find themselves.
Yeah, they wil find themselves traded and bought out!

03-20-2013, 05:55 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Richards has to hit the net on that 4 on 2 at the end of the game, 15-20 feet in the slot you can't miss

Mio41 is online now   Reply With Quote