HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Iginla to the Wings?

Old
03-19-2013, 10:43 PM
melly451

vCash: 500
Iginla to the Wings?

Just curios what you guys think. I was talking with a red wing fan earlier and he said they wouldn't give up a roster player or even a good prospect for Iginla but would want a good spec, good draft pick, and a 2way/power forward for datsyuk. I understand Datsyuk may be better then Iginla, but he is still a decent player no?

melly451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Jurky
The Human Genius

vCash: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by melly451 View Post
Just curios what you guys think. I was talking with a red wing fan earlier and he said they wouldn't give up a roster player or even a good prospect for Iginla but would want a good spec, good draft pick, and a 2way/power forward for datsyuk. I understand Datsyuk may be better then Iginla, but he is still a decent player no?
Are you suggesting a Datsyuk for Iginla + swap?
No thanks.

I wouldn't want to give up much for Iginla since he wouldn't put the team over the top so to speak, he'd be a better fit in Pittsburgh, LA, Boston, or Vancouver.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Datsyuk and Iginla are on two different tiers, plus Datsyuk has that extra year, but I see what you were trying to do.

Filppula would probably be going back, I think. Plus something else.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:03 PM
Broomout

Ders an Iginla thread

Broomout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:03 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
Are you suggesting a Datsyuk for Iginla + swap?
No thanks.

I wouldn't want to give up much for Iginla since he wouldn't put the team over the top so to speak, he'd be a better fit in Pittsburgh, LA, Boston, or Vancouver.
Think he was trying to say "Datsyuk would fetch this, so Iginla should fetch this". (And he pointed out that Datsyuk was better)

Old
03-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Jurky
The Human Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Think he was trying to say "Datsyuk would fetch this, so Iginla should fetch this". (And he pointed out that Datsyuk was better)
Ohh, that makes more sense.

Also I agree with your first post.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:14 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Bid would start with 1st + solid prospect + cap dump.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:17 PM
melly451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Yep, that's what I was trying to say, sorry if it wasn't clear. I was just a little shocked when the guy I was talking to said they wouldn't even trade Andersson for Iginla straight up. Idk if I'm overrating Iginla or what but that seems like it would be a huge ripoff for the wings.

Oh, and Dolph Lundgren your profile pic is full of awesome

melly451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:22 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Yep, that's what I was trying to say, sorry if it wasn't clear. I was just a little shocked when the guy I was talking to said they wouldn't even trade Andersson for Iginla straight up. Idk if I'm overrating Iginla or what but that seems like it would be a huge ripoff for the wings.

I'd toss Andersson over for him.

But with that said, there's a lot of prospects I wouldn't want to give up. And that doesn't just go for Iginla, it goes for just about everybody.

Not keen on giving up this year's first either, which Calgary would probably want.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:24 PM
Jurky
The Human Genius

Quote:

Thanks,

Also the dude you were talking to is off his rocker, I'd love to see Iggy on the Wings and he'd fill a huge void upfront. That said I just wouldn't be willing to mortgage the future for him.
I'd do roster player (Filppula) + B prospect + a conditional 3rd for Iggy. I know other teams would beat that offer but I just don't see the Wings as 1 Iginla away from contending.

Last edited by Jurky: 03-19-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old
03-19-2013, 11:25 PM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

Detroit aren't winning a cup this year with or without Iginla. Doubt Holland goes big on that one.... but then again if Datsyuk's days there are as numbered as suggested, I suppose he might as well try and max out their chances at doing damage in the next two years, because The Joe will go dark soon enough.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:26 PM
FlashyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Bid would start with 1st + solid prospect + cap dump.
The Wings couldn't take a cap dump...they already have enough trouble retaining everyone next season.

I don't see this swap working unless the asking price for Iginla is far lower than fans here speculate it would be.

Any draft picks would have to be conditional based on how far Iginla helps the Wings in the playoffs and based on his re-signing with Detroit.

Also the roster players Detroit would be willing to part with would probably be insulting to the Flames for the face of their franchise.

The Wings do have depth in prospects though, so there might be something to work with there, it all depends on which ones Calgary has interested in.

FlashyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:27 PM
Loyal2TheOil

as mentioned earlier, detroit isn't the powerhouse it used to be and adding iginla wouldn't put them over the top. the cost of what it would take to land iginla would not be worth it for detroit judging by what iginla means to the flames fans, organization, and community. his value as a player would warrant a decent prospect, a pick, and a lower quality roster player IMO. the flames organization would be looking for a 1st, minimum mid-tier prospect, and perhaps take back a salary dump

Loyal2TheOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:34 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
The Wings couldn't take a cap dump...they already have enough trouble retaining everyone next season.

I don't see this swap working unless the asking price for Iginla is far lower than fans here speculate it would be.

Any draft picks would have to be conditional based on how far Iginla helps the Wings in the playoffs and based on his re-signing with Detroit.

Also the roster players Detroit would be willing to part with would probably be insulting to the Flames for the face of their franchise.

The Wings do have depth in prospects though, so there might be something to work with there, it all depends on which ones Calgary has interested in.
I think you need to read a bit more clearly. You would give up a 1st and a strong prospect, as WELL as a cap dump IF you need to make space(Which, most teams likely would). Calgary isn't giving YOU a cap dump. If Calgary was giving a cap dump, it would be Iginla + Camp Dump for 1st + Prospect.

Last edited by Skobel24: 03-19-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old
03-19-2013, 11:50 PM
Edge of Sanity*

An Iginla + Bouwmeester blockbuster would fix all the Wings problem if they could get healthy for once.

Edge of Sanity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:55 PM
FlashyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
I think you need to read a bit more clearly. You would give up a 1st and a strong prospect, as WELL as a cap dump IF you need to make space(Which, most teams likely would). Calgary isn't giving YOU a cap dump. If Calgary was giving a cap dump, it would be Iginla + Camp Dump for 1st + Prospect.
My apologies. That makes the deal a lot more palatable. Although Detroit could take Iginla's salary for this season without needing to dump anyone. Its next year when things get tricky for them.

I still think Holland would be reluctant to pay that steep of a price for a rental. He'd probably insist on making the pick conditional on Iginla re-signing.

I'm pretty sure there will be a GM out there willing to give up more than Holland who isn't the most active trader in the league.

FlashyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:10 AM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeghoul View Post
An Iginla + Bouwmeester blockbuster would fix all the Wings problem if they could get healthy for once.
The cost of obtaining BOTH would be huge.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:12 AM
jroc86

If this were last year and we had Lids/Stuart and a healthy Helm Bertuzziand were leading the presidents trophy race as we were ... then it might have made sense.

Unless we get Helm and Bert back and Brendan Smith turns into Drew Doughty 2.0 pronto adding Iggy is a waste of his time and a waste of our resources. Hed be better served going to Pitts or LA.

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote