HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor and Proposal Thread Vol. 8: The North Remembers

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 10:14 PM
dixs35

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
If Philly gets desperate, would they do couturier for Gagner?
Why would they move a C for a C. They need D. It would probably cost the oil Petry + and the + would be large.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:17 PM
doubledown99

vCash: 500
Philly will be interesting to team to watch at the draft and in free agency. I have a feeling they will be able to trade for Seth Jones. If they have top 10 pick I think (if they choose) they will guaranteed to walk away with Jones. Phi 1st + Couts/B. Schenn probably gets it done

Old
03-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixs35 View Post
Why would they move a C for a C. They need D. It would probably cost the oil Petry + and the + would be large.
I would say Klefbom or Paajarvi as the +

Old
03-19-2013, 10:29 PM
DelusionOIL

A previous poster "not going to quote him because I am lazy" but props to you dude brought up a name that I for one think the Oiler's SHOULD have on their radar big time and that's Devante Smith-Pelly. Going into the deadline, with some of the needs our team is looking to fill moving forward I would try hard to bring him aboard. Think he would be a perfect fit for what we are looking for.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
Get real Brouwer isn't getting traded. He's been one of their best players. And trying to acquire him now would cost even more with the start he has had. That is the exact opposite of asset optimization (buy high) and something that can cost an organization going forward.

By the way just read on Tor board earlier today and thought i would share. Did you know that Mtl offered Tampa Subban, Price and Paciorrety for Lecavalier and Tampa ownership turned them down? Back then the deal would have looked good for Mtl. Fast forward to today and Mtl would have been the joke of the league.
Oh man that would've been an epic win for Tampa

03-19-2013, 10:43 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Oh man that would've been an epic win for Tampa
Hindsight is always both an interesting and frightening thought.

If it wasn't for management at the time, Drew Doughty may have ended up a Bolt instead of Stamkos. Not just that, but so many rumours about Barrie dealing Stamkos after his horrible start in his rookie season.

There have been quite a few near failures and best misses with that franchise, but for the most part they've been very poorly run.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:46 PM
dixs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Hindsight is always both an interesting and frightening thought.

If it wasn't for management at the time, Drew Doughty may have ended up a Bolt instead of Stamkos. Not just that, but so many rumours about Barrie dealing Stamkos after his horrible start in his rookie season.

There have been quite a few near failures and best misses with that franchise, but for the most part they've been very poorly run.
Wasn't it to the NYR and at the last second cooler heads prevailed, but it was a done deal.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:51 PM
Distinct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Buy low sell high after the season proposal:

To ANA : Gagner + N.Schultz
To EDM : Fowler + Smith-Pelley

Smid, Fowler, Fistric at LD, Petry, J.Schultz and a big body #6 RD to round things off.
I know it leaves a hole down the middle but there is plenty of skill on the wings to not need a skilled #2C.

ANA shores up the biggest holes on the roster and becomes a legit threat.
We create a hole buy fill up 2.
Gags\Cogs unite.... Hall gets his buddy in EDM

Not a chance that package gets us both, let alone Fowler. The ducks value Fowler quite high, they'd probably be asking for one of the big 4, to be honest.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:55 PM
TheNumber4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelusionOIL View Post
A previous poster "not going to quote him because I am lazy" but props to you dude brought up a name that I for one think the Oiler's SHOULD have on their radar big time and that's Devante Smith-Pelly. Going into the deadline, with some of the needs our team is looking to fill moving forward I would try hard to bring him aboard. Think he would be a perfect fit for what we are looking for.
Would love to have Devante Smith-Pelly but I don't know what we could offer to get him from Anaheim. I'd be willing to overpay to get him too but with the Ducks being so successful this season there's not much they'd want.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:03 PM
dnicks17

I don't know why you'd trade for Smith-Pelly when 80% of what you'd be paying would be for potential.

You could get a developed version of him for next to nothing.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:33 PM
wolfpackxvx
Vegan Power

any interest in zac rinaldo?

Old
03-19-2013, 11:36 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Blake Wheeler pure dominance here in stretch run for the Jets. What a stud power forward this guy is turning out to be.

Might be the best forward on that team.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:41 PM
TheNumber4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I don't know why you'd trade for Smith-Pelly when 80% of what you'd be paying would be for potential.

You could get a developed version of him for next to nothing.
Such as...?

Old
03-19-2013, 11:47 PM
dixs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Blake Wheeler pure dominance here in stretch run for the Jets. What a stud power forward this guy is turning out to be.

Might be the best forward on that team.
I have to ask and don't take this wrong way if I'm in the wrong. You are a long time poster here other than trolling why do you dislike all the young Oilers so much?

Old
03-19-2013, 11:58 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber4 View Post
Such as...?
DSP won't be much more than a Mike Brown or Volpatti in the next couple of seasons.

He might not even be at their levels by then. He's struggling mightily in the AHL right now.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:01 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

I don't think DPS is an upgrade over Harti TBH

Old
03-20-2013, 12:12 AM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelusionOIL View Post
Looks like he is being dragged over the coals in the AHL I'm sure we could get him if we dangled Hartikainen, but I believe in Hartikainen more than I do Pelly. Hartikainen also plays a style of game that Anaheim likes as well and provides better depth for a playoff push than Pelly who no longer appears to be NHL ready. Not to mention that Anaheim have some love for the Finns.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:32 AM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I've mentioned this before, but I really think Buffalo is a team that might like to shake things up a bit.

How about a guy like Christian Ehrhoff?

He's a 30 year-old 6'2" 203lb LHD that plays a tonne of minutes and would instantly be our #1 D-man. He's also a +4 on a team that has a -17 goal differential.

Yes he has 6 more years at $4M per but if he plays how he's capable of playing along side Schultz then $4M for your #1 D isn't a bad deal at all.

Who knows, maybe the Sabres are desperate enough and might be willing to move him and his contact if the Oilers gave them a replacement with a shorter contract plus a high end prospect and a pick?
Actually, he's got 8 years left on that 10-year deal he just signed. And a NTC.

I'm pretty sure he's staying in Buffalo.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:39 AM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
Actually, he's got 8 years left on that 10-year deal he just signed. And a NTC.

I'm pretty sure he's staying in Buffalo.
So much for that, I didn't realize it was a NTC. And looking again I see that the way I was reading the page I didn't realize there were 2 more years than what I was seeing.

Still think there might be a deal to be done with Buffalo though.

I know others have said he's not going anywhere, but how good would Ott look in Jones' place on the left side of that line?

Last edited by Powder: 03-20-2013 at 01:10 AM. Reason: typo
Old
03-20-2013, 12:46 AM
jmoss45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber4 View Post
Would love to have Devante Smith-Pelly but I don't know what we could offer to get him from Anaheim. I'd be willing to overpay to get him too but with the Ducks being so successful this season there's not much they'd want.
I could see the ducks dealing him but they'd want someone who could help them win now.

Whitney+ Jones?

Old
03-20-2013, 12:46 AM
Panda Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Van Buren View Post
Great post.

It's obvious the only Semin watching he has done, is watching the stat page on NHL.com.

Dude has a bad rap. He has really good stickwork, puck management in all zones of the ice and keeps position well in his own zone.

His problem had been caring enough to bring it every game (i.e. the entire package), not his defensive acumen.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:58 AM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post

Dude has a bad rap. He has really good stickwork, puck management in all zones of the ice and keeps position well in his own zone.

His problem had been caring enough to bring it every game (i.e. the entire package), not his defensive acumen.
Amazing how Semin's getting praise and Hemsky's been crucified by the same fanbase his entire career. Throw $40 billion at the kid or whatever he's gonna cost you and you'll see he's the same damn player.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:09 AM
dixs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
Amazing how Semin's getting praise and Hemsky's been crucified by the same fanbase his entire career. Throw $40 billion at the kid or whatever he's gonna cost you and you'll see he's the same damn player.
to be fair it's one poster. I'm not(understand to a point) an advanced stats guy, but until this year it was Hemsky and Hall who pushed the play against the best opposition. Now if I remember correctly it's Hall and MPS, but Hemsky is still better best on best than most.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:14 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

I posted this in another thread but though I should bring it here.

What would we need to add to make a deal around N Schultz + Jones for Clowe + Boyle. I think Boyle's passing would help us a lot and he's still got some good years left in him. And Clowe would be perfect with RNH and Eberle.

SJ is in a tail spin right now and might be looking for a shakeup kind of deal. Especially one where they save some cap space for next season.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:16 AM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
I posted this in another thread but though I should bring it here.

What would we need to add to make a deal around N Schultz + Jones for Clowe + Boyle. I think Boyle's passing would help us a lot and he's still got some good years left in him. And Clowe would be perfect with RNH and Eberle.
I like it.

I think in this instance, we have to throw in our first round pick and a legit defensive prospect.

Closed Thread