HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Tyutin re-signs.

Old
08-02-2006, 11:23 PM
Synergy27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
You must have missed it--it was announced several weeks ago that Rachunek signed a one year deal for $1.8 million.
He means next year as in 2007-2008.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent View Post
No! No!, No!

I screwed up. I thought the question was about Rozsival. I have no idea what Fedor signed for.

Sorry!

Just a "senior" moment. This whole Elizabeth Hurley "marriage" thing has got me all frazzled.

I must say, I'm quite relieved....I wasn't sure if Liz would ever meet the right guy.

Whats up with Fedor?

Great signing and another good move by Slats & Co.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 12:33 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27 View Post
If Rachunek plays well, he'll be re-signed--probably to a long term contract. If he doesn't, he'll be traded before the end of the season.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 04:24 AM
Padawan
Former *********

This is fricking SWEET! I can't think anything better to say. Tyutin young and already a good d-man. He has potential to become a lot better still. Good signing and fairly cheap too imo.

Padawan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 07:26 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27 View Post
Yep.

If Rachunek lives up to expectations he'll be re-signed for at least 2007-2008.

Awfully crowded back there.

Gonna make it difficult for Stall, Sauer, etc. to make the top six and get decent minutes next year.

Kasparaitis, Malik and Rozsival will be in the final year of their contracts and one of them could be traded to make room, though.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 07:26 AM
TheRedressor

This contract is going to be a steal, I fully expect that Tyutin will but up 35+ points next season.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 07:29 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Good to have Tyutin in the fold. He's the Rangers best hope for an upgrade on D. If he takes the necessary steps forward, then Malik and Rozsival don't play the extra minutes they did last year.

Also, in regards to Angelina Jolie, sorry, but she is overrated in my book. In fact, she sometimes looks scarifyingly ugly.

Last edited by jas: 08-03-2006 at 08:23 AM.
jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 07:29 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor View Post
Gonna make it difficult for Stall, Sauer, etc. to make the top six and get decent minutes next year.
I don't think Sauer will be ready next year anyways...I think he needs at least one year of AHL hockey. That's just me though...

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 08:18 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I don't think Sauer will be ready next year anyways...I think he needs at least one year of AHL hockey. That's just me though...
I'd agree with that but would not count Sauer out from making the team next year after having a fantastic year this year in Juniors. I expect a dominating performance.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 08:21 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Staal could still make it if he wowed people
It will make no difference how well he plays. The sole way that he can play is if a veteran is traded. And anyone remember the last vet that was traded away to make room for a rookie? I did not think so. Neither do I.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
I'd agree with that but would not count Sauer out from making the team next year after having a fantastic year this year in Juniors. I expect a dominating performance.
Staal had a dominating year in juniors last year. How much room for him do you see?

Last edited by True Blue: 08-03-2006 at 08:26 AM.
True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 08:24 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
And in Angelina's case that's kind of known at this point.
I throw my lot in with Jas on this one. Angelina can look like outright a$$ sometimes. Highly overrated. Like Rozsival.

Old
08-03-2006, 08:57 AM
Fletch

levitate...

I'd like to believe that Staal can still make it, but unless someone's moved, I don't know how he makes it. Taking a chance on an unproven 19 year old based on a couple decent preseason (tune-up) games and some good practices is tough business. And beating out 5 vets with many years of experience, and Tyutin, who's a few years older and has completed a full NHL season is tough too (not saying beat out in the sense of playing better, but beat-out for a position). I don't know if Renney takes the risk that Staal craps out by December because he wasn't ready, all-the-while basically forcing a trade of another defenseman to make room (unless we're to believe one of these vets was signed to be a seventh defenseman (one not named Richter that is)).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 09:04 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
It will make no difference how well he plays. The sole way that he can play is if a veteran is traded. And anyone remember the last vet that was traded away to make room for a rookie? I did not think so. Neither do I.

Staal had a dominating year in juniors last year. How much room for him do you see?
Veterans are more likely to get injured. That's how you get room for youngsters. Rangers do not need to promote Staal this season. Plus after a few mistakes he'll be booed like Ozo. MSG is a brutal place, you know...

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 09:30 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Veterans are more likely to get injured. That's how you get room for youngsters.
No, you make room for youngsters by having room for youngsters to make the team.
Quote:
Rangers do not need to promote Staal this season.
Needing to is not the issues. Off course they do no need to. But did they need to leave an open space for Toots last year? Did Calgary NEED to promote Phaneuf? No one ever needs to, but if you are going to clog up the roster with a fairly mediocre player, then why not simply see if you have a solution from the ranks of your youngsters.
Quote:
Plus after a few mistakes he'll be booed like Ozo. MSG is a brutal place, you know...
Great. Make way for Martin Richter.

Old
08-03-2006, 09:46 AM
shoothepuck

Tyutin signing is great and the $ amount makes it really good. As for Angelina, hot or not, the fact that BillyBob was between those loins kind of taints the dish.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 09:51 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The Maple Leafs have more money tied up in three defensemen-Bryan McCabe($5.75 million),Pavel Kubina($5 million) and Tomas Kaberle($4.25 million)-$15 million than the Rangers do in their top 6 defensemen-Darius Kasparaitis($2.989 million),Aaron Ward($2.75 million),Marek Malik($2.5 million),Michal Rozsival($2.1 million),Karel Rachunek($1.8 million)and Fedor Tyutin($987,500).All cap figures

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 09:58 AM
McDonagh27

Funny thing is, we have the better overall D

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 09:58 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Rachunek will be a group II next summer.He will not be a group III UFA until after the 2007-08 season

Brent Sopel,Sean O'Donnell and Sandis Ozolinsh were moved at the trading deadline last March with one season(2006-07) remaining on their contracts

Darryl Sydor with one season remaining on his contract was traded to Dallas from TB this summer

If the Rangers wanted to move a defenseman,they should be able too due to the term of the contract

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 10:54 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
If the Rangers wanted to move a defenseman,they should be able too due to the term of the contract
They're not likely to know if they need a spot for a guy like Stall before next year's training camp and preseason.

I would think, if we're doing well and all 6 guys are playing adequately or better, none will be moved at the trading deadline this year.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 10:58 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Maple Leafs have more money tied up in three defensemen-Bryan McCabe($5.75 million),Pavel Kubina($5 million) and Tomas Kaberle($4.25 million)-$15 million than the Rangers do in their top 6 defensemen-Darius Kasparaitis($2.989 million),Aaron Ward($2.75 million),Marek Malik($2.5 million),Michal Rozsival($2.1 million),Karel Rachunek($1.8 million)and Fedor Tyutin($987,500).All cap figures
But you cannot compare the level of thsoe 3 defensemen to the caliber of the Rangers. McCabe is head and shoulders better than anyone on the Rangers. Ditto for Kaberle & Kubina. You are talking about legit top-pairing defensemen as opposed to what the Rangers have.

Old
08-03-2006, 12:59 PM
94now

Quote:
But you cannot compare the level of thsoe 3 defensemen to the caliber of the Rangers. McCabe is head and shoulders better than anyone on the Rangers. Ditto for Kaberle & Kubina. You are talking about legit top-pairing defensemen as opposed to what the Rangers have.
Just watch how we will beat crap out of them this year. Head and shoulders included.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 01:21 PM
McRanger

Quote:
History certainly agrees with you, but dont you think things are being done a little differently around here than in the past?

I see nothing wrong in your "i'll believe it when i see it" approach. Personally, I'm giving the organization the benefit of the doubt that they will make the right decision.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 01:37 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
History certainly agrees with you, but dont you think things are being done a little differently around here than in the past?
Things are different, but not THAT much different. I still do not see a vet being signed and then traded out of camp to make room for a would-be rookie. Let's hope that I am wrong, but I do not think so. Given the success that the Rangers had last year, I actually think that Renney Co. will backslide and be even less trusting of a rookie. He could not trust Prucha last year to play ahead of a one-armed and clearly floundering Rucinsky.

Old
08-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Good to have Tyutin in the fold. He's the Rangers best hope for an upgrade on D. If he takes the necessary steps forward, then Malik and Rozsival don't play the extra minutes they did last year.
I don't think that will be the case--at least not because of Tyutin's play. Renney said he thought he played Tyutin too much last season--Tyutin was playing around 20+ minutes due to all the injuries. If anything, the key to reducing Roszival's minutes is to get him off the power play (since there are now other alternatives who are right-handed shots). Malik will continue to play his minutes too--he was signed to soak up minutes on the blueline. Hopefully, the difference will be that Ward will take some of the key minutes Roszival was "forced" to play.

Old
08-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Veterans are more likely to get injured. That's how you get room for youngsters. Rangers do not need to promote Staal this season. Plus after a few mistakes he'll be booed like Ozo. MSG is a brutal place, you know...
Please name the last young Ranger player to be booed at MSG.