HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does Datsyuk WANT to play with Abdelkader?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-19-2013, 09:35 PM
  #76
Bench
Moderator
Realgud!
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monk's
Posts: 7,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Moreover, I really don't think it's a reasonable thing to think that Datsyuk prefers physical players so much that it comes at the expense of all other skills.
Which explains your bias.

That's about all there is to it. I don't really care either way, I simply want the team to win, I just don't like the razor being thrown about irresponsibly.

My Carl Sagan baloney detection kit flagged your response, I'm sorry.
Try not to get overly attached to a hypothesis just because it's yours.

And don't confuse this response as endorsement of Abdelkader. I'm not thrilled with his play, as I really expected more from him. But the facts, as they are, maintain he's easily the top hitter in the top 6. Your argument that he doesn't "hit big" is heard, but it doesn't erase the notion that he's making more contact than anybody else and perhaps that's the explanation for why he's being slotted into that position.

Using the Occam's Razor to justify your bias when all we have to go on are soundbites, well, foolish. The razor assumes you have data to begin with, not gut feelings.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:19 PM
  #77
Syckle78
Registered User
 
Syckle78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Redford, MI
Country: Belgium
Posts: 5,588
vCash: 500
What the hell is an Occam's Razor?

Syckle78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:43 PM
  #78
CloneHakanPlease*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckle78 View Post
What the hell is an Occam's Razor?
A principle on selecting hypothesis that first year philosophy students at community colleges and pseudo intellectual idiots on message boards use to incorrectly justify their position as fact. It is not meant to prove anything, but rather differentiate between what is known fact and what is being assumed and the corresponding burden of proof.

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:06 AM
  #79
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 4,999
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
A principle on selecting hypothesis that first year philosophy students at community colleges and pseudo intellectual idiots on message boards use to incorrectly justify their position as fact. It is not meant to prove anything, but rather differentiate between what is known fact and what is being assumed and the corresponding burden of proof.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckle78 View Post
What the hell is an Occam's Razor?
Basically the simplest solution/outcome/answer is often the correct one.

Cyborg Yzerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:33 AM
  #80
Bench
Moderator
Realgud!
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monk's
Posts: 7,344
vCash: 500
Wait, we're not talking shaving?

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:07 AM
  #81
nik jr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Congo-Kinshasa
Posts: 10,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameheda View Post
Maybe I'm just going off the last few years of Homer's time with Detroit, but this is some ********. Homer was a giveaway machine. Sure he occasionally put the puck on Dats stick but he was a terrible passer. His only redeeming quality was that he was willing to battle in front of the net and was good at deflecting pucks. He was a TERRIBLE, I repeat, TERRIBLE stick handler.

Nobody is going to be amazing in front of the net and on the boards without years of practice. Abby needs time to adjust to being in that type of role. As far as I can tell, that's exactly why he's playing on that line; he's Homer's replacement.
you're thinking of homer in his last years. he was very hard working, good on the boards and a good passer, though only over short and moderate distances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
I really hope Bertuzzi gets healthy so we can go back to complaining about his production on Datsyuk's line. Beating up on Abby just doesn't feel as fun, ya know? Dude never even came close to a scoring title.
bertuzzi was very solid with datsyuk and franzen last season until datsyuk got injured. that was one of the best lines in the NHL when datsyuk was healthy. bertuzzi was also good with datsyuk and filppula this season. he certainly has a lot more skill than abdelkader (shooting, passing, puckhandling), and is also bigger and stronger on the puck.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:11 AM
  #82
Bench
Moderator
Realgud!
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monk's
Posts: 7,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
bertuzzi was very solid with datsyuk and franzen last season until datsyuk got injured. that was one of the best lines in the NHL when datsyuk was healthy. bertuzzi was also good with datsyuk and filppula this season. he certainly has a lot more skill than abdelkader (shooting, passing, puckhandling), and is also bigger and stronger on the puck.
Yeah, I like Bert, too. Abby is such an easy target to pick on, because the dude is getting paid like a bottom 6er and only has the expectations of a bottom 6er. At least if we rag on Bertuzzi we can point to how amazing he used to be.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:12 AM
  #83
we like our team
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
Because we're having FUN! Aren't you having FUN?

YAY FUN!
arguing with the same people about the same things EVERY DAY!! wwweeeeEEEeeeEEeee!!!

we like our team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:18 AM
  #84
Bench
Moderator
Realgud!
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monk's
Posts: 7,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braille View Post
arguing with the same people about the same things EVERY DAY!! wwweeeeEEEeeeEEeee!!!
It's like we're an old married couple.

And guys, please pick up some milk on your way home. You left an empty carton in the frig again.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:29 AM
  #85
we like our team
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
note my colorful use of comic sans to emphasize the irony in that post

we like our team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:56 AM
  #86
Syckle78
Registered User
 
Syckle78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Redford, MI
Country: Belgium
Posts: 5,588
vCash: 500
Why does everything have a fancy name? Back in my day we called it 'use common sense, dumb ass'.

Now excuse me while I go yell at clouds.

Syckle78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 02:44 AM
  #87
Bench
Moderator
Realgud!
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monk's
Posts: 7,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckle78 View Post
Why does everything have a fancy name? Back in my day we called it 'use common sense, dumb ass'.

Now excuse me while I go yell at clouds.
We like hockey. We're all hipsters now.


Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:12 AM
  #88
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckle78 View Post
Back in my day
Did you have to walk ten miles to school in the snow, too?

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:42 AM
  #89
Mickey Redmond
Registered User
 
Mickey Redmond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Colombia
Posts: 1,434
vCash: 500
No one wants to play with Abdelkader. /thread

Mickey Redmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:46 AM
  #90
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 8,389
vCash: 500
Nobody wants to play with Abdelkader.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:50 AM
  #91
Crymson
Fire Holland
 
Crymson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,542
vCash: 500
Bear in mind that Datsyuk played a large chunk of his career on a line with Holmstrom. He benefits from having a big player who can battle into corners and retrieve pucks, and who is willing to place himself in front of the net.

Naturally, I'm sure he wishes that this person was a bit more offensively skilled.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:46 PM
  #92
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 4,999
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
We like hockey. We're all hipsters now.

I mean. You are the one with the Portlandia avatar.

Cyborg Yzerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.