HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marian Gaborik

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Gaborik made me very happy tonight.

03-19-2013, 10:09 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Gaborik was fantastic tonight...easily one of our best players.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Pizza

funny what a little trade talk will do...

Old
03-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

A prefect example of being noticeable while not putting up points.

Played a very good game tonight.

03-19-2013, 11:17 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

amazing what he can do with that much space.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:33 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

He made some better passes than Richards has the entire season.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:32 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
He made some better passes than Richards has the entire season.
Gaborik has always been very underrated as a playmaker, he always had great vision, he just has a better shot so he uses it most of the time. I honestly think Gaborik passes better than Richards, especially at this point of Brad's career.

Doesn't seem like he will be turning it around anytime soon. He looks like he's constantly huffing and puffing and floating around the ice. He can't catch up to Nash/Gaborik as hard as he tries, which is very discouraging, and on top of that, he misses the net 90% of the time now. But as they say, fatigue will turn the best players into wusses, so he just needs to get into game-shape ( I feel sick for writing this 28 games into the season) I just pray that if he's around next season, that he actually busts his ass and gets in shape during Tortorella's famous conditioning pre-season. He would benefit the most from it, along with guys like Hamrlik, Stepan, and Boyle.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:34 AM
JaeTM

Gaborik just hasn't been getting the space he needs. He coughs up the puck easily so teams bum rush him as soon as he touches the puck. If he gets that extra second or two, you see his playmaking abilities really come out and see some really nice passes from him.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:52 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Am i the only one that thinks torts just un-leashed gaborik a bit? The guy goes from just sticking to board play and getting a few shots here and there to making these ridiculous passes to Nash and whatnot practically overnight. I don't think it all has to do with just working space.

Maybe it was even moving him back to his proper position.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:02 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

I was at the game so I didn't have the pleasure of being sold a bill of goods by the Rangers #1 pompom waver. My guess is that Joe Micheletti went full court Chico on Gaborik and convinced everyone that Gaborik had a good game. The only other explanation is Gaborik himself has different accounts on HF and likes to post good things about himself.

So let's review: With all of his amazing skill last night he couldn't muster a point (or a goal for that matter). He has 1 goal since Feb 14. For the record today is March 20. It was only the 4th time hes been a plus player in the last 24 games.

So now someone needs to tell me stats don't matter, and that last night's performance was worthy of a $7.5 million elite sniper who's paid to score goals.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:13 AM
bogans

I think the Gaborik on the left wing experiment needs to end. The guy looks totally uncomfortable and needs to be back on the right. I don't really care if it means Nash has to go back to the left (which I think he could easily do) or if they have to be separated, and neither with Cally either. It doesn't matter to me, get him off that left side.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:22 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I was at the game so I didn't have the pleasure of being sold a bill of goods by the Rangers #1 pompom waver. My guess is that Joe Micheletti went full court Chico on Gaborik and convinced everyone that Gaborik had a good game. The only other explanation is Gaborik himself has different accounts on HF and likes to post good things about himself.

So let's review: With all of his amazing skill last night he couldn't muster a point (or a goal for that matter). He has 1 goal since Feb 14. For the record today is March 20. It was only the 4th time hes been a plus player in the last 24 games.

So now someone needs to tell me stats don't matter, and that last night's performance was worthy of a $7.5 million elite sniper who's paid to score goals.
No pompom waving here. He genuinely played a great game.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:39 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Gaborik has always been very underrated as a playmaker, he always had great vision, he just has a better shot so he uses it most of the time. I honestly think Gaborik passes better than Richards, especially at this point of Brad's career.
They showed a graphic that showed Gabs had as many career assists (332) as he does goals (332). Interesting...

Old
03-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Leetch66

If they bought Gabby a set of ear muffs he would be the best player in the World...he really does not like the sound of approaching skates .

Old
03-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
I was dying for him to compliment his great play last night with a goal but Hedberg's Glove of Justice was pretty good.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:39 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:

So Gaborik needs to score a goal in every game to be worth his contract?

So i gather that most 82 goal scorers are getting roughly 7mil a year right?

you should have saved yourself some money and just googled the stat sheet later that night

if you couldn't see Gaborik's impact on that game then its very clear that you didnt want to see it

Old
03-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
No pompom waving here. He genuinely played a great game.
A great game?

My oh my have we lowered the bar for Gaborik

Old
03-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
A great game?

Okay, great may have overstated it a bit, but I thought he did play well.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
A great game?

It was a good start, but great is a bit over the top.

I was particularly unhappy with his shot on the 2 on 1 in the 3rd with Nash, he shot it wide and let out a big "****!!" right after it hit the boards. He knows what he did.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
It was a good start, but great is a bit over the top.

I was particularly unhappy with his shot on the 2 on 1 in the 3rd with Nash, he shot it wide and let out a big "****!!" right after it hit the boards. He knows what he did.
That last sentence sounds like Torts.

Also, I changed the word I used to describe his game. Great was too strong.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Lundsanity30

He was clearly noticeable last night, thats all we can ask for him. I do think once he does pot one though, that will get him going. He scores in streaks.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:

Exactly after all, he is paid all that money to score goals, isn't he?
Are we now going to wax poetic when Gaborik has a good game where he's actually noticed on the ice?

Old
03-20-2013, 01:35 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
So Gaborik needs to score a goal in every game to be worth his contract?

So i gather that most 82 goal scorers are getting roughly 7mil a year right?

you should have saved yourself some money and just googled the stat sheet later that night

if you couldn't see Gaborik's impact on that game then its very clear that you didnt want to see it
-No
-I don't know of any but my guess they would be worth more than 7mil
-I can't figure out what that means.
-I couldn't see his impact because he didn't have one.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Leetch66

He also has a lot of stopped scoring streaks too ! He heard footsteps on the rush with Nash and panicked and shot wide . Usually when he hears nothing he gets the shot on the net and then he peels away from the net area faster than a...speeding bullet ! If he could go to the net as fast as he peels away from it...we would get some of the 7.5 Million bucks worth from him and teams would line up for him...but doubtful anybody sees that again until it is a contract year . HMMM...that is a thought...he could pot 60 next season...contract year !

Old
03-20-2013, 02:14 PM
tjs252

He had a very good first two periods when, and I don't think it's a coincidence, the team was playing a far more open style of hockey. If his wrister on the 2-on-1 goes in instead of high, people are buzzing about his game.

It's a shame that people apply football sensibilities to a game where failure is so common. There's a lot more to this sport than the stat sheet.

Closed Thread