HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Final Fantasy XV (Ex: FFv13)

Old
03-19-2013, 02:10 AM
Tonberry King
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Final Fantasy XV better be downright perfect in every sense of the word. XII and XIII both disappointed me greatly. I can't even call FF my favorite series anymore.

Tonberry King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
Final Fantasy XV better be downright perfect in every sense of the word. XII and XIII both disappointed me greatly. I can't even call FF my favorite series anymore.
Your best bet is to keep the expectations low, because I don't think any game can meet "perfect" when people are expecting perfect

Orpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Everlasting

Perfect means nothing can be better. I dont think we will ever see a "perfect" game. Even the best FFs had some flaws, but the music was perfect tho...

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 11:41 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Remember, Square said that if they release a game of better quality and possibly overall sales than FF7, they'll make a remake of FF7. Or some ******** like that...

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
FFXII was awesome, just awesome. The MMO aspect took a bit of time to get used to but I really liked the characters (Vaan wasn't that bad I don't care what people say) and the story was great (poorly told however). I actually got into the postgame quests for a bit which is very unsual for me cause I've grown old and am so sick and tired of grind fests... I stopped when it got ridiculous though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Remember, Square said that if they release a game of better quality and possibly overall sales than FF7, they'll make a remake of FF7. Or some ******** like that...
FFVII was so bad though... Well maybe not BAD but it was seriously lacking considering FFVI is by far the best in the franchise (it was a bit easy though)

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Tonberry King
Global Moderator

Final Fantasy X is perfect in my opinion, and IX is close to it.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

i dont even care about this..it looks freaking awesome but whats the point if i can't play it god damn it!

I mean SE bombed ****ing sony press conference until they show something in E3 i won't give a ****.

03-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Rumor:
FF Versus 13 is now FFXV, PS4 exclusive -
http://www.vgleaks.com/final-fantasy...lusive-on-ps4/

Old
03-19-2013, 03:30 PM
SolidSnakeUS

If it's true, and Sony is involved in the making of it too (possibly SCE Japan?), it sounds like they are making sure it will be the best damned FF they can make... at least for the PS4 and a long while. Imagine if FF15 is a launch game... Xbox is ****ed.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Tonberry King
Global Moderator

Quote:
Imagine if FF15 is a launch game... Xbox is ****ed.
My thoughts exactly.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

It's a very crazy rumor, either way. Working on verifying on if it's even the least bit credible.

Old
03-19-2013, 03:50 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Versus XIII was supposed to be PS3 only as-is. I know FF13 was, but that was right near when it was supposed to come out before MS paid them to make it sit on the shelf for 6 months so both would release at the same time. If Sony really was smart, they would definitely give the more incentive to make sure it's PS4 only by working on it with them. In a way, I could see it being a form of QC.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:43 PM
kingsholygrail
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote:
Like they need an excuse to remake it. That game would sell consoles by itself.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 06:13 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
If it's true, and Sony is involved in the making of it too (possibly SCE Japan?), it sounds like they are making sure it will be the best damned FF they can make... at least for the PS4 and a long while. Imagine if FF15 is a launch game... Xbox is ****ed.
Yup. I am an XBOX owner, but I would be forced to buy a PS4 if this were the case.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Everlasting

Keep in mind that Square Enix is revealing a new Final Fantasy at this years E3, becuse that it was they said they would do on the PS4 pressconference. That could also be FFXV.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
Keep in mind that Square Enix is revealing a new Final Fantasy at this years E3, becuse that it was they said they would do on the PS4 pressconference. That could also be FFXV.
they better not disappoint because square was just AWFUL at the sony conference.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:06 PM
awesomo
HARD!

sorry im a traditionalist, the FF series will never be the same b/c of the transition to action rpg

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:26 AM
Tonberry King
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
sorry im a traditionalist, the FF series will never be the same b/c of the transition to action rpg
I absolutely agree.

I love turn based RPGs. But, you can be traditional and have real time battles. Just look at the Tales series, which is now my favorite series, those games are utterly amazing. That's not the same as action RPG, though.

Old
03-20-2013, 04:24 AM
Everlasting

I disagree and i love the old games. FF XII did a good job on it, the gameplay was more fluid and it was easier to level up. No loading times and you had to think and be more active during battles, but it had some issues. Versus looks just like XII but even more fluid, less mmo and more advent children. It looks fantastic. I belive that is just what the series need, also the entire modern world looks just makes me feel warm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
they better not disappoint because square was just AWFUL at the sony conference.
This entire generation...

Old
03-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Everlasting

Quote:
Rumor comes from the latest issue of PLAY Magazine UK (issue 230). Scan will be provided ASAP.
-----

RUMOR: Square Enix preparing their greatest Final Fantasy E3 showing since E3 2006?

A lot of rumors regarding the E3 showing of the Final Fantasy series have been floating around since Square Enix's announcement at the PlayStation Meeting in February. We've spoken to a number of inside sources regarding what Square Enix plans to show and what we've been able to find out is truly exciting. However, while each source told us similar things, there were a number of discrepancies among them. With that in mind, we've provided info on the differences in info mentioned to us:

• Final Fantasy XV will be announced for the PS4 and Xbox 720. The announcement will come via a trailer made with in-game footage and CGI. The trailer will include actual gameplay footage and the first glimpse of the battle system. The game is being made using Luminous Studio, the same engine used to create Agni's Philosophy. It is still very early in development but pre-production has been going on for years. Different sources have told us different things about the staff involved. One source says Hiroyuki Ito is both producer and director, while another states Hiroyuki Ito is definitely working on the project but his actual position is unknown. All sources confirmed that Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama have no involvement in the title.

• Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be playable for the PS3/Xbox 360 (or PS4/Xbox 720). The game will be released in 2014. Different sources have told us different things about the console it is for. Some sources say it's now multiplatform on current gen consoles (PS3/360), while others say it's now multiplatform for next gen consoles (PS4/720). One thing they all mentioned was that it's no longer PlayStation exclusive. What a shame.

• Final Fantasy X HD Remaster will be playable for the PS3. The game will also include a remaster of FFX-2 and Trophy support for both games. Both games will also be based on their International versions. The game will be released in 2013.

• Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII will be playable and have a lengthy new trailer. Various new gameplay features will be announced and
From: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/70452...sy-xv/65760184

Cannot wait for those Scans. God i hope Versus does not go multiplatform -.-

Old
03-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:

It's GameFAQs, it's in all likelihood untrue.

Probably less reliable than Eklund.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:

So that is saying FFXV and FFXII Versus will be two different games? One of the sources is completely wrong..

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
It's GameFAQs, it's in all likelihood untrue.

Probably less reliable than Eklund.
It says its from PLAY a magazine in Europe. I'll wait till I see the scans though.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
It says its from PLAY a magazine in Europe. I'll wait till I see the scans though.
That's the thing about GameFAQs though, they often say they have scans coming or something appears in an upcoming magazine...and then never post again.

So, we'll see.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
That's the thing about GameFAQs though, they often say they have scans coming or something appears in an upcoming magazine...and then never post again.

So, we'll see.
Ah gotcha. Damn people teasing me making me excited