HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red?

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

vCash: 500
There's a lot of guys that end up changing sweaters at some point after a long career with a team.

I really hope Jarome Iginla is not one of them.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Frk It
#snipequist

I think Fil is underrated on this board in terms of the talent he possesses.

I think he's the 3rd best forward on this team, and I don't think he's as far behind as most people think.

Now even I don't think he's worth 5 or 5+ million a year, but if he walks are we going to be able to find a better forward in free agency or trade for 5 million or less a year? I don't think that's a guarantee.

I know a lot of people think Nyquist or Tatar will replace him with no problem, but I also don't think that's a guarantee. And I'm one of the biggest Nyquist supporters on this board.

I really have no problem with letting Fil walk given the money he is likely to demand. But if he walks this summer, and then Dats walks next summer we could hurting for top 6 forwards. That's losing two top-notch puck possession players who are the best on the team at skating through the neutral zone and gaining the line. We're really going to miss them on Power Plays and on the rush.

Seems like it's going to be the whole losing Lidstrom, Stuart, Rafalski thing all over again. But with the offense this time. Which is why it's idiotic that Nyquist and Tatar are still AHL players.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:11 PM
Jurky
Free the HolySlapper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
There's a lot of guys that end up changing sweaters at some point after a long career with a team.

I really hope Jarome Iginla is not one of them.
Disagree, I've always been an Iggy fan and I really want to see him win a cup.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:21 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Fil is NOT worth 5m.. Barely 4m
I don't understand how we're going to keep or get any top-six forwards without giving a little more than they're worth. $5M for Fil isn't bad at all considering some of the contracts other players are inking. If we don't sign Fil this offseason, then who do we use that free cap space on? Or the year after?

If we lose Filppula, we're going to be hurting for top-six forwards for years.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:35 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

Yea let's not re-sign Filppula and hope someone is left in free agency...good logic.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:19 PM
odin1981
There can be only 1!

Quote:
I could live with him at 4 yrs 4.5 per.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:05 AM
Edge of Sanity*

I see Holland finally making the big move everyone has wanted and finally breathing life back into the team by getting both Iginla and Bouwmeester at the deadline.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:12 AM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

vCash: 1521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeghoul View Post
I see Holland finally making the big move everyone has wanted and finally breathing life back into the team by getting both Iginla and Bouwmeester at the deadline.
Everyone? A lot of people don't want that at all. A lot of people want to commit to the youth movement.(Not that I'm necessarily one of them, but your remark makes a false generalization.)

Old
03-20-2013, 01:15 AM
FlashyG

Quote:
That's incredibly unlikely. They'd have to send a bunch of salary back to Calgary to make that deal and it would also likely cost them a bunch of picks and prospects.

Calgary is also unlikely to deal both as a package as they will net a bigger return dealing them separately.

I doubt it's a trade everyone wants him to make, I'm of the opinion that Bouwmeester isn't worth anywhere near that contract. The only way I'd want him on the team is if we signed him as a FA and he took a big paycut. (about half of it.)

Old
03-20-2013, 01:15 AM
last_sd

Quote:
I posted same thing on main board.

As for the Iginla. I don't want him unless it's a bargain deal (in which case, CAL shouldn't trade him to us). We are in no position to mortgage our future. Even with Iginla we are not 100% guaranteed to make playoff let alone be one of top contenders.

I think PIT/BOS makes sense.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:17 AM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
I doubt it's a trade everyone wants him to make, I'm of the opinion that Bouwmeester isn't worth anywhere near that contract. The only way I'd want him on the team is if we signed him as a FA and he took a big paycut. (about half of it.)
Only 1 more season on that deal, though. And I doubt the 6.8 million cap hit stunts any significant plans. The top available UFA for the Wings, yet again, would probably be Semin.

And I say this as somebody who has been against JBo from the start, but salary isn't a huge factor I'd wager. My primary concern would be that whatever prospect we give up would go on to a fruitful career while JBo continues to be an underwhelming top pairing defender.

At least if we go broke on Gaborik I know the dude is going to be an amazing sniper.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:58 AM
bullocks

Bouwmeester has been playing great this year and is worth atleast 5.5m or so. Also forget about trading Filpulla im sure he will be re-signed for around the 5m mark.

Not so keen on Iginla as i think thats a trade that should have been made 3 yrs ago if it was to happen.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:41 AM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullocks View Post
Not so keen on Iginla as i think thats a trade that should have been made 3 yrs ago if it was to happen.
Calgary has never been willing to give him up. 3 years ago they could have demanded the Moon and probably got it for him, which remains a primary criticism of Calgary, but I think he's the type of guy you keep even in a rebuild/retool/whatever the hell they are doing up there.

Old
03-20-2013, 04:21 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
Calgary has never been willing to give him up. 3 years ago they could have demanded the Moon and probably got it for him, which remains a primary criticism of Calgary, but I think he's the type of guy you keep even in a rebuild/retool/whatever the hell they are doing up there.
Last three seasons have been a different story, because Iginla has not been on his last contract year. And the team hasn't been as bad as it's now (will be out of the playoffs).

Those two things come together at this season and he probably will be dealt.

Old
03-20-2013, 04:27 AM
FlashyG

Quote:
Only 1 more season on that deal, though. And I doubt the 6.8 million cap hit stunts any significant plans. The top available UFA for the Wings, yet again, would probably be Semin.

And I say this as somebody who has been against JBo from the start, but salary isn't a huge factor I'd wager. My primary concern would be that whatever prospect we give up would go on to a fruitful career while JBo continues to be an underwhelming top pairing defender.

At least if we go broke on Gaborik I know the dude is going to be an amazing sniper.
That cap hit could prevent us from being able to re-sign just our FA's unless we unloaded some salary going the other way.

As it is its going to be tight signing Brunner, Flip, Howard, and our RFA's.

Add a #3 Defenseman making 6.8 million and it could be disaster for the team.

Old
03-20-2013, 04:37 AM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

Quote:
That cap hit could prevent us from being able to re-sign just our FA's unless we unloaded some salary going the other way.

Stupid cap. Ruining all our fun. If Holland re-signs that crew, there's literally no room for moves unless he starts moving guys like Sammy or Bertuzzi... which doesn't seem likely...

And I just started a small riot.

Old
03-20-2013, 05:19 AM
hockeyisforeveryone

vCash: 420
Quote:
Stupid cap. Ruining all our fun. If Holland re-signs that crew, there's literally no room for moves unless he starts moving guys like Sammy or Bertuzzi... which doesn't seem likely...

And I just started a small riot.
Yup it's gonna get buck-wild in here...

Old
03-20-2013, 05:55 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

3 scoring lines and 1 checkingline.

Flippula - Datsyuk - Iginla (Flipp and Dats is money together. Iginla will fit perfect since they need a powerforward)
Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner (Chemistry)
Tatar - Andersson - Nyqvist (Chemistry from AHL)
Tootoo - Helm - Abdelkalder (THATS a checkingline)

Kronwall - Ericsson
Kindl - Colaiacovo
Smith - Lashoff

All D pairings have one defence one offence.

Howard (Starter)
Monster

Trade Mursak, Jurco and Quincey for Iginla.

Trade Eaves, Miller, Huskins, White, Emmerton, Cleary, Bertuzzi and Samuelsson for draft pics.

Last edited by landskronala: 03-20-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Old
03-20-2013, 07:01 AM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post

Flippula - Datsyuk - Iginla (Flipp and Dats is money together. Iginla will fit perfect since they need a powerforward)

Kronwall - Ericsson
Kindl - Colaiacovo
Smith - Lashoff

Howard (Starter)
Monster

Trade Eaves, Miller, Huskins, White, Emmerton, Cleary, Bertuzzi and Samuelsson for draft pics.
I would never give up Jurco for Iginla. Its just pointless to bring him in - we aren't winning the Cup with him.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:36 AM
Henkka

I think Marian Gaborik could be a nice pick-up and some kind of father figure and example for our young Slovakian wingers (Tatar, Jurco, Tvrdon).

He is maybe available from the Rangers. It could get interesting if we offer something like Filppula + Colaiacovo/White for him?

Rangers can't fit Gaborik under next year's cap with losing other youngers bodies demandind salary raise at same time. But maybe we can. Through a trade Rangers would not lose Gaborik for nothing and they could get some other assets with more reasonable caphit to build around.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:09 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
I think Marian Gaborik could be a nice pick-up and some kind of father figure and example for our young Slovakian wingers (Tatar, Jurco, Tvrdon).

He is maybe available from the Rangers. It could get interesting if we offer something like Filppula + Colaiacovo/White for him?

Rangers can't fit Gaborik under next year's cap with losing other youngers bodies demandind salary raise at same time. But maybe we can. Through a trade Rangers would not lose Gaborik for nothing and they could get some other assets with more reasonable caphit to build around.
They could fit under the cap but it will be tight. They just need cheap bridge contracts for couple of players.

I'm sure they won't trade Gabby for two pending UFAs.

They won't take just picks as they want help now. Think Andersson, Tatar and Nyquist.

Andersson + Nyquist/Tatar and 1st (next years).. That's what some Rangers fans said would be enough. Flip + Andersson and 1st 2014 would be better for pour POV, imo and would help Rangers more right now.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Hendricks433

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post

Kronwall - Ericsson
Kindl - Colaiacovo
Smith - Lashoff

Howard (Starter)
Monster

I would say yes to most of that except I would rather try and get Semin in the offseason than trade for Iginla. We have a lot of players we need to move and buy out. Its way too crowded with old and mediocre players.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:52 AM
LeighDx13

I think Detroit should look into shedding some salary here and there.

If Dallas is out of it, I would ask about Derek Roy. He isn't the biggest guy, but he is a center, which could definately help with Datsyuk potentially leaving us within the next few years. Not to mention he is currently at a cheaper cap-hit then Gaborik or Iginla. As for defense, I wouldn't mind trying for Lubo Visnovsky to help out, especially on the powerplay. Also Visnovsky can kind of bridge the gap and help out abit until Smith and Kindl are more comfortable to take a bigger role in the team. Not to mention both Visnovsky and Roy are UFA's at the end of the season, so they can can be brought back or let go.

This would be my wish-lineup after the deadline.....

FORWARDS
Damien Brunner ($1.350m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Derek Roy ($4.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.605m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Lubomir Visnovsky ($5.600m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)
Brendan Smith ($0.827m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.050m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

Obviously Samuelsson, Cleary, Miller, Huskins, White and Colaiacovo would be traded either for Roy/Visnovsky or for draft picks and to shed salary. Or even be bought out by Detroit. And this would be for the rest of the season too. This also depends on Bertuzzi's health.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:57 AM
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings

Quote:

J-Bo is not a #3 defenseman on the Wings. He would be a sure-fire top pairing guy with us and would allow Big Rig to slide back down to the second paring.

I am curious as to what Calgary would want for J-Bo...I would not be opposed to giving up Nyquist, Ian White and Emmerton. Probably too light of a package though

Last edited by VladTheImpaler: 03-20-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old
03-20-2013, 10:03 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Based on what?

Personally, I'd like to pay Fil about $4.3M a year for 5 years.
But he's a UFA If he hits the market -- even with the cap going down -- if he hits the market, he's easily going to get $5M.

So then what do we do with that $5M we saved? Who should we spend it on? Danny Cleary and Drew Miller? Who is left on the market?

I don't want to spend $5M on Howard either, but how much will a replacement cost?

It would be best for the Wings to pay a little more annually and save a year on term.

Maybe if you get a 4 year $20M deal... by the end, Tatar or Nyquist have proven themselves and are going to make the big money.

I think the 7 and 8 year deals should go only to your grade A players....

I'd rather pay a little more on your cap hit and have the flexibility of short deals. when it comes to 2nd tier guys like Flip.

Closed Thread