HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

corey perry signs with ana 8yrs 66m

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-19-2013, 07:42 PM
  #76
Crymson
Fire Holland
 
Crymson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake View Post
But, but Semin is a locker room cancer! I like to daydream about how much better the Red Wings offense would be with Semin in the line-up.
When you have an ex-teammate like Brouwer say Semin's work ethic was so bad that he often wasn't sure if Semin was going to show up to the rink, you know that something is seriously wrong.

And frankly, against all the evidence that he's a problem, you've got nothing but your own conjecture. And no offense, but that conjecture is worth precisely nothing.

Also of issue is that giving a guy like Semin a one-year contract with a yearly salary higher than Datsyuk's would have been rather insulting to the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendricks433 View Post
I read an interview once where they asked Datsyuk why he took the money he did when he could have gotten more. He said something like "money isnt everything, I'd rather have a good team and win". If he comes back after this contract it is to win a Cup and I doubt he asks for 10mil.
Datsyuk signed his contract in 2007 before the Flyers and Rangers doled out those ridiculous contracts in the offseason. At the time, his contract was large for the cap era. If you'll recall, there were many fans who considered the contract oversized and risky; having had three successive poor performances in the playoffs, Datsyuk was a playoff question-mark.

In sum, he really didn't get less than he could have gotten at that particular time.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:05 PM
  #77
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh
 
Brick Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Grand Rapids
Posts: 1,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
When you have an ex-teammate like Brouwer say Semin's work ethic was so bad that he often wasn't sure if Semin was going to show up to the rink, you know that something is seriously wrong.

And frankly, against all the evidence that he's a problem, you've got nothing but your own conjecture. And no offense, but that conjecture is worth precisely nothing.

Also of issue is that giving a guy like Semin a one-year contract with a yearly salary higher than Datsyuk's would have been rather insulting to the latter.
I don't know, all reports out of Carolina so far have Semin working really hard, and the players are thrilled to have him. Oh, and he's lighting it up, too. Could partially be a honeymoon-phase kinda thing, like Terrell Owens with every team he played for, but so far, so good for Semin this year.

And the one year contract thing- don't know if Datsyuk would even have an issue with an outsider getting more than him in a season, but as an organization in the current cap world- it's time to let that one go. No more "nobody makes a nickel more than #5" business. ESPECIALLY on a 1 year deal. And even with multi-year deals... athletes know this is a business, and generally the good/great players who sign the most recent deals tend to make the most $$. That's how contracts in a capped league work.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:24 PM
  #78
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
I don't know, all reports out of Carolina so far have Semin working really hard, and the players are thrilled to have him. Oh, and he's lighting it up, too. Could partially be a honeymoon-phase kinda thing, like Terrell Owens with every team he played for, but so far, so good for Semin this year.

And the one year contract thing- don't know if Datsyuk would even have an issue with an outsider getting more than him in a season, but as an organization in the current cap world- it's time to let that one go. No more "nobody makes a nickel more than #5" business. ESPECIALLY on a 1 year deal. And even with multi-year deals... athletes know this is a business, and generally the good/great players who sign the most recent deals tend to make the most $$. That's how contracts in a capped league work.
Was Datsyuk insulted when Hossa made more than him? Don't remember that being a big problem...

You sign your deal when you sign it, guys are going to make more than Zetterberg in the near future that is the deal he signed.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:30 PM
  #79
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8,272
vCash: 500
I'm listening to Inside Hockey Town on the Ticket with Ken Cal and Caputo. MOD "Helm is better than any deadline acquisition!" "We have great players!" "The Wings have given me so much joy through the years, it's alright it they don't make the playoffs."

It's like the call screener is feeding the callers statments/questions directly from Ken Holland and the Wings organization.


Last edited by Winger98: 03-19-2013 at 09:28 PM. Reason: trollin' trollin trollin'
Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:34 PM
  #80
Syckle78
Registered User
 
Syckle78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Redford, MI
Country: Belgium
Posts: 5,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
I'm listening to Inside Hockey Town on the Ticket with Ken Cal and Caputo. MOD "Helm is better than any deadline acquisition!" "We have great players!" "The Wings have given me so much joy through the years, it's alright it they don't make the playoffs."

It's like the call screener is feeding the callers statments/questions directly from Ken Holland and the Wings organization.
Why is caputo doing a hockey show? Hasn't he always been a baseball guy? Either way he's always been irritating.


Last edited by Winger98: 03-19-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Syckle78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:39 PM
  #81
Detroit Sports
NMC aka LOL -Jimmy H
 
Detroit Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
I'm listening to Inside Hockey Town on the Ticket with Ken Cal and Caputo. MOD "Helm is better than any deadline acquisition!" "We have great players!" "The Wings have given me so much joy through the years, it's alright it they don't make the playoffs."

It's like the call screener is feeding the callers statments/questions directly from Ken Holland and the Wings organization.
listening to 97.1 right now i totally agree. they are screening red wing friendly calls...


Last edited by Winger98: 03-19-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Detroit Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:22 PM
  #82
CloneHakanPlease*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 500
It's 2013 and people still act like Semin is one-dimesnional and lazy. It's hilarious how out of touch with reality some of you are.

Rick Nash, Corey Perry, Zach Parise: Want to know one thing they all have in common? They have less goals per game over their careers than Semin.

Want to know what Evegeni Malkin, Henrik Zetterberg, Sidney Crosby and literally every other forward in the league have in common? They all have worse +/-s the past five years than Semin.

Dude is quite possibly the most underrated player in of the past 5 years. Top 10 forward in take aways is "bad" defensively.

Give me a break, get a clue, and take a break from posting.

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:35 PM
  #83
BinCookin
Registered User
 
BinCookin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
It's 2013 and people still act like Semin is one-dimesnional and lazy. It's hilarious how out of touch with reality some of you are.

Rick Nash, Corey Perry, Zach Parise: Want to know one thing they all have in common? They have less goals per game over their careers than Semin.

Want to know what Evegeni Malkin, Henrik Zetterberg, Sidney Crosby and literally every other forward in the league have in common? They all have worse +/-s the past five years than Semin.

Dude is quite possibly the most underrated player in of the past 5 years. Top 10 forward in take aways is "bad" defensively.

Give me a break, get a clue, and take a break from posting.
This.

I always liked Semin.

I won't complain because I am not management. Who knows if they tried to get him or not.

But I like Semin. I think he is a great player.

(Interesting Washington suddenly got very very bad in his absence)

BinCookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:59 PM
  #84
Frk It
#FireHolland
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,356
vCash: 500
What makes you guys think Holland's going to all of a sudden have a re-newed interest in Semin when he was available all last summer and he made no move for him? Or is that just hope?

I'm pretty sure Holland knew how good he was last year, and that played no part in his decision to not go after him.

We are still probably going to be in a position where we have too many forwards under contract next year, and we need to get some young guys some games under their belt damnit.

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 10:33 PM
  #85
Crymson
Fire Holland
 
Crymson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinCookin View Post
This.
(Interesting Washington suddenly got very very bad in his absence)
Their superstar forward is suddenly not producing, they have a rookie goalie, and the coaching staff blows. Washington's tough season has had very little to do with Semin's departure.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:33 AM
  #86
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
Their superstar forward is suddenly not producing. Washington's tough season has had very little to do with Semin's departure.
Funny. I just read yesterday an article that was based on Corsi-ratings. Ovechkin has done better with a right-handed Winger (Fehr, Brouwer, Ward has been this season options) and sucks with a left-hander at this season.

Ovechkin played almost all his best years with Semin on his right wing.

Semin is not just some right-handed RW, he is a World Class RW. Just look how Eric Staal is shining with him after bad years and even some crap like Jiri Tlusty has turned to a scoring machine.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:14 AM
  #87
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Funny. I just read yesterday an article that was based on Corsi-ratings. Ovechkin has done better with a right-handed Winger (Fehr, Brouwer, Ward has been this season options) and sucks with a left-hander at this season.

Ovechkin played almost all his best years with Semin on his right wing.

Semin is not just some right-handed RW, he is a World Class RW. Just look how Eric Staal is shining with him after bad years and even some crap like Jiri Tlusty has turned to a scoring machine.
I'm pretty sure Semin wasn't on a same line with OV most of the time. Both played left wing.

They couldn't play together for extended period of time, always got to the point where they tried to make too many fancy, nifty plays etc.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:45 AM
  #88
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
I'm pretty sure Semin wasn't on a same line with OV most of the time. Both played left wing.

They couldn't play together for extended period of time, always got to the point where they tried to make too many fancy, nifty plays etc.
Yes they've played mostly together at those earlier seasons before 2011-12, when Semin has had his best scoring seasons.

Last season they were mostly separated, and both sucked and sucked bad. Semin sucked mainly because his doghouse treatment, and Ovechkin sucked because he hadn't his favorable guy on his line.

It pretty funny how Carolina and Washington have swapped positions in the East standings, and the biggest power change between these two teams during last summer was the scenery change of Semin.


Last edited by Henkka: 03-20-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:46 AM
  #89
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,843
vCash: 500
And correlation doesn't mean causation.

Fehr, Ward, Brouwer >>> Hendricks, Volpatti, Johansson, Chimera, Wolski.

Hendricks and Volpatti are nothing more but 4th line grinders. Volpatti was freaking waiver pickup. And straight to the 1st line he goes. Whoo, go Caps.

Chimera has been awful this season. Last season 20 goals, this season I think he heas one goal. Lost some speed.

Wolski just sucks, he shouldn't be anywhere near top 6.

Johansson was brutal early on; turned out he was injured. Just came back and has looked ok.

Brouwer, Ward and Fehr are just better players.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:49 AM
  #90
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Yes they've played mostly together at those earlier seasons before 2011-12, when Semin has had his best scoring seasons.

Last season they were mostly separated, and both sucked and sucked bad. Semin sucked mainly because his doghouse treatment, and Ovechkin sucked because he hadn't his favorable guy on his line.
Do you have some stats on this?

I'm pretty sure that in 09-10 what was their best year for both of them, OV played with Knuble and Bäcks; Semin with Fleischmann and Laich.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:21 AM
  #91
Hendricks433
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
Their superstar forward is suddenly not producing, they have a rookie goalie, and the coaching staff blows. Washington's tough season has had very little to do with Semin's departure.
Yea, Ovi is now suddenly not producing. Thats odd.

He had one team mate who is obviously bitter try and bash him and we all have to buy it as absolute truth.

Regardless, if Semin was on Datsyuks wing there would be way more scoring and we would most likely have more wins.

Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.