HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Alexei Emelin Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 09:19 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

vCash: 500
if Emelin's face can't hold up to fights he should wear a cage permanently, it's just stupid to risk an entire career

That Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:55 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahabsfanfromtoronto View Post
if Emelin's face can't hold up to fights he should wear a cage permanently, it's just stupid to risk an entire career
I wonder that too. I respect that he's not backing down from fights especially some pretty big dudes but the risk isn't worth it. Don't want to lose him.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:43 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
They could put a deaf-mute out there instead of bouillon/gorges and still get better results.
Very true. Why the Cube gets any time on the PP I will never get.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:58 AM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
So is it we just sort of cross our fingers and hope for the best regarding the surgery and plates in Emelin's face? In regard to the Chara and the Foligno incidents.
So the plates in his face give him a pass on everything? He can stick guys like segueing, or hit people after the whistle, then get his stick up on a guy?

Both times Evelin fought this year were the direct result of something he did. If he's that concerned about his face, perhaps he shouldn't break his stick on the ribs of budding stars or hit people after the whistle.

sandysan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
So the plates in his face give him a pass on everything? He can stick guys like segueing, or hit people after the whistle, then get his stick up on a guy?

Both times Evelin fought this year were the direct result of something he did. If he's that concerned about his face, perhaps he shouldn't break his stick on the ribs of budding stars or hit people after the whistle.
Aw poor Seguin.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:16 AM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Aw poor Seguin.
I don't care if he dived, you break your stick on the ribs of a physical teams young star, your going to have to answer the bell.

Because he has plates in his face does not absolve him of his responsibility to be mindful of his stick. The sooner he learns this, the better it will be for him. If he keeps it up, and plays fast and loose with his stick which initiates a fight that goes south, it will be on him, again.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:36 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
I don't care if he dived, you break your stick on the ribs of a physical teams young star, your going to have to answer the bell.

Because he has plates in his face does not absolve him of his responsibility to be mindful of his stick. The sooner he learns this, the better it will be for him. If he keeps it up, and plays fast and loose with his stick which initiates a fight that goes south, it will be on him, again.
Can we send Seguin THE YOUNG STAR candy now?

Atas2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:12 AM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Can we send Seguin THE YOUNG STAR candy now?
whats your beef, you think that a 3/4 defenseman can stick the best prospect on a tough team and simply skate away?

Gallagher is not nearly as important to the habs as seguin is (and will be) to the bruins. If it were boychuck who broke his stick across gallaghers ribs, methinks you would be singing a different tune.
That does not make you a fan, it makes you a hypocrite.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:31 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaroon View Post
I'm not one to pump the tires of the tough guy bandwagon, but guys would probably think twice before jumping an essentially defenseless Emelin if we had someone around to lay a beat down.

True but I don't think we can expect the opposition to all be aware of Emelin's condition. Chara said he didn't know.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Dashboard

Quote:

IIRC, the stick didn't break, Emelin dropped it

Dashboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:37 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:

There's no "free pass", the guys with the striped jerseys call penalties for infractions, then the team has to play shorthanded. They judged Segeiro's flop was not a foul by Emelin. Maybe they considered an embellishment call, I dunno.

By the way what time in the evening does the curfew start in Boston?

Old
03-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Picaroon

Quote:
True but I don't think we can expect the opposition to all be aware of Emelin's condition. Chara said he didn't know.
Just like he didn't know where he was on the ice or who he was hitting in to the stanchion??? In all honesty he probably didn't know but I can not take anything that oaf says seriously.

That aside, ya it's not really the other player's job to know this sort of thing, but I'd like to assume players wouldn't want to jeopardize a fellow players career. Both Foligno and Chara's fights were pretty uncalled for and they went at Emelin with no fear of repercussion. Because when it comes down to it, Emelin is pretty much the toughest guy on the team. That's not good.

Picaroon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:38 AM
SnapVirus

Seguin is a bebe lala.

SnapVirus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:41 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahabsfanfromtoronto View Post
I agree but when you look at the rules, it is not clear whether a player can regularly wear a cage. Habs should sort this out as there are guys out there who will jump him that much has become clear.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:58 AM
sandysan

Quote:
There's no "free pass", the guys with the striped jerseys call penalties for infractions, then the team has to play shorthanded. They judged Segeiro's flop was not a foul by Emelin. Maybe they considered an embellishment call, I dunno.

By the way what time in the evening does the curfew start in Boston?
I dont know, only been there to scout schools.

Guys who think that the refs will protect them better with their whistles than their teamates are not long for this league.

I must have missed it, where was the uproar from emelin, therrien or bergy about what chara did? If emelin cant fight he has two choices, quit or get more responsible with his stick and make better decisions on e ice. The third option, that he gets to play fast and loose and not answer the bell, is a non starter.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:

I must have missed it, where was the uproar from emelin, therrien or bergy about what chara did? .
Unlike Boston our players don't cry to the media every single time that something happens on the ice.

Quote:
Guys who think that the refs will protect them better with their whistles than their teamates are not long for this league..
This might be on me, but uhm...what does that even mean?

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:07 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:

Guys who think that the refs will protect them better with their whistles than their teamates are not long for this league.

I must have missed it, where was the uproar from emelin, therrien or bergy about what chara did? If emelin cant fight he has two choices, quit or get more responsible with his stick and make better decisions on e ice. The third option, that he gets to play fast and loose and not answer the bell, is a non starter.
Get a life man, how long has it been... Emelin is one of the cleanest physical defenceman in the league, period.

The guy has a plate in his face... but shouldn't play because of a moronic "code" enforce by players who don't have the hockey skills to play in the NHL ???

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:07 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Unlike Boston our players don't cry to the media every single time that something happens on the ice.

This might be on me, but uhm...what does that even mean?
Maybe she means hockey would be better without referees.

That whole "self-policing is best" argument is lost on me, a foul is a foul and if anything the league should beef up penalties not encourage more fistfights. Funny it's never used to defend spearing for example.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Lshap

Quote:

The only people concerned about this are fans. Emelin has fought twice in the last three weeks and hasn't said a word about plates or anything. Another difference between HFBoards and reality.

The other difference between fans and reality is the typical "Solid hit by us, dirty hit by you" cliche. Get over the idea that Emelin cracked poor defenseless Seguin in the ribs. Yes, it was a hit and he was penalized, but please don't play victim whenever a Bruin is hit and then glorify your own team's hard hits. Emelin is generally a very clean, hard hitter.

Lshap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:20 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
The only people concerned about this are fans. Emelin has fought twice in the last three weeks and hasn't said a word about plates or anything. Another difference between HFBoards and reality.

The other difference between fans and reality is the typical "Solid hit by us, dirty hit by you" cliche. Get over the idea that Emelin cracked poor defenseless Seguin in the ribs. Yes, it was a hit and he was penalized, but please don't play victim whenever a Bruin is hit and then glorify your own team's hard hits. Emelin is generally a very clean, hard hitter.

IIRC Emelin was not called for the hit.

edit: Nope, only the fighting call for Emelin. Chara got a spearing penalty, mind-boggling that so many bruins fans defend that.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:21 AM
HCH

Quote:
whats your beef, you think that a 3/4 defenseman can stick the best prospect on a tough team and simply skate away?

Gallagher is not nearly as important to the habs as seguin is (and will be) to the bruins. If it were boychuck who broke his stick across gallaghers ribs, methinks you would be singing a different tune.
That does not make you a fan, it makes you a hypocrite.
You are the hypocrite if you overlook the mugging the Bruins were constantly giving Gallagher.

You sound like you condone viligante justice which is not surprising. Why should the rules not be in the hands of the officials as they are supposed to be.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:26 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Emelin is generally a very clean, hard hitter.
Absolutely. There's a reason he is used in the NHL.com videos that explain how to perform legal checks, including my favourite, the hip-check.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:30 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Titanium plate in his head, and he still has as many fights as Moen... against HWs. Does it speak more about one's courage, or one's complete disgracious play? A little bit of both methinks.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:04 AM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Get a life man, how long has it been... Emelin is one of the cleanest physical defenceman in the league, period.

The guy has a plate in his face... but shouldn't play because of a moronic "code" enforce by players who don't have the hockey skills to play in the NHL ???
and fleischman is a much cleaner player than emelin, yet when he runs georges in the numbers, white drops them right away and goes.

Why should emelin get the benefit of the doubt but fleischman does not ?

I'm sorry you dont understand the "code" or think that its moronic. You know who does understand the code ? the players and none of them seem to have any problem with what chara did, or what foligno did.

I like emelin, but if he keeps up the questionable stick work people are still gonna fight him, and if it goes bad, its going to be on him.

Having plates in his face does not give him carte blanche to be irresponsible with his stick.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Et le But

Alexei "the goon" Emelin now has as many fights for the season as White and Moen.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote