HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rucinsky signs with the Blues

Old
08-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I didn't refer to Prucha injury. I meant his play after Olympics when he lost his enthusiasm possibly because of harsh treatment by heavyweights.
you mean when Prucha was playing injured? You do know he was still injured when he came back, right?

Quote:
Rucinsky is a copy of Messier body-wise ( I had to concur that Mess was like Marty, not like Lindros). He didn't play as nasty as Mark has, but he is a PF, no question in my mind.
Rucinsky is in no way shape or form a power forward. not even a power forward light. his game is a skill and perimeter game, not a power game.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 11:15 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
uh, first Prucha ultimately handled the physical play in the NHL pretty well. He was injured on a fluke play that had nothing to do with his size at all. Hell, Rucinsky got his knee taken out too, remember?

Also, Rucinsky doesn't have a power forward body and he never played like a power forward. You're really grasping at straws.

Maybe Dawes doesn't make it. Maybe it's because of his size. But to outright dismiss him this early (and dismiss every player under 6 ') is pretty shortsighted in my opinion.
I agree with everything you said, Lev. Claiming that Rucinsky is a power forward is fairly silly. And stating that the NHL is no place for midgets is really grasping at straws. It is not a place for ALL midgets, but there are noticeable examples of those who have succeeded, despite being vertically challenged.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 11:20 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
you mean when Prucha was playing injured? You do know he was still injured when he came back, right?
No, I do not. Did he wear the brace? He has fully recovered after knee sprain ( if such a thing possible). If he hasn't, he should have undergone the surgery.
Anyway, if Prucha is alright and I hope he is, then Dawes has to compete with him for the spot, not with power forward type player. We cannot afford another small sniper.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Levitate

Quote:
No, I do not. Did he wear the brace? He has fully recovered after knee sprain ( if such a thing possible). If he hasn't, he should have undergone the surgery.
Anyway, if Prucha is alright and I hope he is, then Dawes has to compete with him for the spot, not with power forward type player. We cannot afford another small sniper.
I'm pretty sure that he was wearing a brace, but more than that were the reports that he had to get pain killing shots before each game so he could actually play. Now he's fully recovered, but when he came back during the season he wasn't.

Old
08-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
NHL is not a place for dwarfs like Dawes. They got crashed by huge guys unseen in any other league very much like Prucha has. You have to have St.Louis agility to pan out (he was released being too small for NHL). Dawes may improve up to Rucinsky skill-wise, but he will never grow into Rucinsky's power forward body. Age is the only problem that I could see with Rucinsky. JD apparently hasn't
Maybe someone should tell that to Brian Gionta, Steve Sullivan, Martin St. Louis, Derek Roy, Michael Cammalleri among others.

08-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God View Post
Maybe someone should tell that to Brian Gionta, Steve Sullivan, Martin St. Louis, Derek Roy, Michael Cammalleri among others.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Fletch

Prucha was wearing a brace...

and I don't think there's a surgical procedure for a knee sprain.

Here's a quote from a March 4, 2006 NY Post article: "Prucha, who is still recovering from a sprained MCL in his right knee, did not skate yesterday, though he is expected to get back on the ice upon the arrival of a fitted knee brace".

I agree Lou - there is a place in this league for the smaller player, otherwise known as dwarves.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 12:11 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Danile Briere, Marin Straka, Mike Comrie...

08-03-2006, 12:40 PM
94now

Quote:
I'm almost positive it was done. Many times. Those guys are an exclusions that simply prove correctness of the postulate. I wish Dawes become next Gionta or St.Louis (although people that are so high on him would be disappointed should he become next Derek Roy or Cammallieri), but to count on it? Sorry, the planing must be realistic. I'd rather look for someone who may become next Marty Rucinsky. The team built of Rucinskys will any day beat the team built of Giontas simply because scores do not win the games. The two way players do.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 01:07 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Those guys are an exclusions that simply prove correctness of the postulate. I wish Dawes become next Gionta or St.Louis (although people that are so high on him would be disappointed should he become next Derek Roy or Cammallieri), but to count on it? Sorry, the planing must be realistic.
Now that I agree with.
Quote:
I'd rather look for someone who may become next Marty Rucinsky. The team built of Rucinskys will any day beat the team built of Giontas simply because scores do not win the games. The two way players do.
And this I do not. Are you trying to say that Rucinsky and his nightly lazy obstruction penalty is a better two-way player than Gionta?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Fletch

The planning is realistic...

and nobody's penciled in Dawes; at the same time, few are betting against him because thus far, everybody's lost those bets. Not signing Rucinsky assured competition in a few areas. Ruca's a left winger. Straka was signed and Shanahan was signed. That left one position for Ruca, third line left winger, likely with not much PP time. With Ruca on the team, it leaves little room for Prucha, who's more part of the future than Ruca, to play his natural left wing position. There's also decent competition on the right side.

What I'm trying to say is that if Dawes, Moore, and other young players do not pan-out, there still a solid top 8 or 9 forwards on this team. That's the plan, and it's realistic.

Personally, I think a team of Giontas would out-hustle and out-hit and out-score a team of Rucsinkys; further, they'd show up to a fair amount more games. I like the Ruca we saw up until his injury; didn't think much of the one I saw after that though (and the Rangers record with him in the lineup oddly enough was worse than when he was out and when Prucha took his place).

Old
08-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
There's also decent competition on the right side.
eh, skillwise the right side is pretty bare. out of the natural RWers there's Jagr - Hall - Ward - whoever

maybe I'm just not expecting as much out of hall as some people, but I don't think he's a 2nd liner right now and unless someone switches to the RW, the Rangers are gonna have a gap there.

Old
08-04-2006, 05:33 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The St.Louis Post Dispatch beat writer Jeremy Rutherford posts on the the paper's Blues forum.Marty Rucinsky got the two year deal he wanted from the Rangers from the Blues and a NTC for both seasons

http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewt...0432a1a50b3b03

Scroll down to the end of the first page

$2.375 million cap# with the second season of the contract counting against the cap-Mogilny/Malakhov clause
Quite the dangerous move by JD. Both years count against the cap and Marty has trouble staying healthy. Big difference though is STL not being in cap hell.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 05:46 AM
Fletch

I'm in the same boat as Hall...

but actually think Ward would be better with 'lesser' players on the third line (as he was last season), and thus do not think his position is there. And I think that if he is to be successful, he will need to play with guys like Cullen and Shanahan to keep his boat floating higher. I really think it's a mistake playing Prucha on the right side. He really didn't look good there and he cannot use his tools properly there. We've seen players out of position way too often, and Sather had no problem playing guys wherever in the past, but I don't think it's something to be done in the future. Perhaps they should've looked at roles and positions before going out and acquiring players.

Old
08-04-2006, 09:12 AM
rangergiant

If history is any indication, he will be back at some point.

rangergiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 11:43 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

OT

Didn't want to start a new thread because it's Eklund, but he mentions us as a possible destination for Comrie..

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=2542

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
OT

Didn't want to start a new thread because it's Eklund, but he mentions us as a possible destination for Comrie..

Comrie would definitely solve our 2nd line center problem. Unless everyone's comfortable with Cullen or Immonen filling that spot.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 02:04 PM
J-Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
Comrie would definitely solve our 2nd line center problem. Unless everyone's comfortable with Cullen or Immonen filling that spot.
Comrie re-signed with the Coyotes today, sorry...

J-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dawg View Post
Comrie re-signed with the Coyotes today, sorry...
Not surprised...it was an Eklund rumor after all.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote