HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 3-2 in OT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2013, 05:23 AM
  #401
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post


Subban is blaming the ref and the Habs is supporting him..

hmm....
Man he's mature for his age.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:03 AM
  #402
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,465
vCash: 500
Sleeping on the loss, I think it was better they actually loss in OT. Now the coach can tell them they need to play 60 minute games not one period games. If they had won it could of led to team complacency thinking they can turn it up in a period and win games. Now they can start focusing again on playing a better game from start to finish.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:11 AM
  #403
Perrah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
yours must be fuelled by Gin, because it doesn't make sense for anyone who understands the game.

For years we've heard how technically sound Price is, how his rebound control is impeccable. All of it untrue. Meanwhile it's probably ANOTHER year he probably won't crack the top 20 in save pct. The ignorance is with you.
For someone "who understands the game" you sure do seem to whiff on the part of the game that players shoot at pads on purpose from bad angles, 2 on 1's when the pass is taken away and the goalie cuts the angle, and other situations because it is extremely difficult/impossible for goalies to control hard bad angle shot rebounds.
Perhaps if you listen to the commentators more past the part you want to you would have heard Ferraro last night but I suppose he doesnt know hockey either does he? Hell I dont think ive gone a week of watching hockey without hearing someone mention it. Dont think it is Frank Drebin that is the ignorant one here, of course that will be attributed to me not agreeing with you. You could start by telling me what you would have done better than Price did there, specifics would be nice not some generic "control the rebound" crap.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:20 AM
  #404
TennisMenace
Registered User
 
TennisMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Man he's mature for his age.
This is not true. MT is very upset at this penalty and will privately deal with PK.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:26 AM
  #405
Perrah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
This is not true. MT is very upset at this penalty and will privately deal with PK.
He is probably going to tell him he shouldnt go for the big hit there but I doubt he is mad about a phantom penalty call.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:40 AM
  #406
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,200
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I guess the good news is they got a point and Boston lost falling 2 points back with only 1 still in hand. So at best the teams would be tied.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:09 AM
  #407
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,052
vCash: 500
Are people going to finally admit we miss Prust?

He brought the sort of sandpaperness that just is lacking in this team. We got the skill, sure. But we have a hard time more often than not.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:15 AM
  #408
Karl Pilkington
Registered User
 
Karl Pilkington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Perhaps, but the point remains why are you trying to crush someone in O/T?..... not necessary at all
Yeah don't go for the big hit. Stay in position and have a nice family picnic. Don't make edgy plays. The risk is not worth the reward. Stay at home. That's PK's style, always has been. Not sure why he stepped out of character there, and he has to watch that the errant stick doesn't make contact with the opponent's face like that!

Karl Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:27 AM
  #409
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post


Subban is blaming the ref and the Habs is supporting him..

hmm....
Such a "stupid", "immature" player.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:36 AM
  #410
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 9,079
vCash: 500
Well we're now at 13-1-4 since the 0-6 loss to Toronto, not bad...

ZARTONK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:42 AM
  #411
brian70
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Pretty dumb stance for Therrien to take. Can only assume he hasn't seen the replay. Wanting your players to change their behavior because somebody else might screw up their job is a good way to have guys second guess themselves. It wasn't a missed hit that led to a scoring chance, it was a play that 999 times out of 1000 is called correctly.
I agree that Therrien's attitude was quite ridiculous. Even if he didn't know it shouldn't have been called. Fact is it was a bad decision on P.K.'s part. There is a time for this big hit and he failed to recognize the bad timing. But there are so many bad decisions made by players during a game, including undisciplined ones, that Therrien's tough behavior towards Subban makes me wonder if he doesn't have his own agenda. He is certainly more leniant with some less deserving players.

On the positive side, Subban learned he needs to stop irritating the refs.

brian70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:09 AM
  #412
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
For someone "who understands the game" you sure do seem to whiff on the part of the game that players shoot at pads on purpose from bad angles, 2 on 1's when the pass is taken away and the goalie cuts the angle, and other situations because it is extremely difficult/impossible for goalies to control hard bad angle shot rebounds.
Perhaps if you listen to the commentators more past the part you want to you would have heard Ferraro last night but I suppose he doesnt know hockey either does he? Hell I dont think ive gone a week of watching hockey without hearing someone mention it. Dont think it is Frank Drebin that is the ignorant one here, of course that will be attributed to me not agreeing with you. You could start by telling me what you would have done better than Price did there, specifics would be nice not some generic "control the rebound" crap.
Just answer the question: Which goaltender was better last night?


I doubt that even Price would say he directed that rebound right where he wanted to, and I doubt he would be happy with his execution on the play. Contrast that to Enroth who was masterful in directing rebounds to the corners, and only failed to do so when his defense was in perfect position to clear.


Last edited by Agnostic: 03-20-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:44 AM
  #413
Perrah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Just answer the question: Which goaltender was better last night?


I doubt that even Price would say he directed that rebound right where he wanted to, and I doubt he would be happy with his execution on the play. Contrast that to Enroth who was masterful in directing rebounds to the corners, and only failed to do so when his defense was in perfect position to clear.
Haha did we watch the same game? Enroth was fumbling the puck the whole night even on simple plays. Masterful rebound control, get out of here. You could say he was a tad better because he won and made more saves(even though quality chances were few and far between until the last 10 minutes) but neither goalie let in weak goals or was significantly outplayed.
Feel free to include your answer to how you would have played it differently with some sort of specifics.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:44 AM
  #414
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
This is not true. MT is very upset at this penalty and will privately deal with PK.

Then why say it publicly?

He didnt mention DD or Patches mistakes last night. Why only go after PK in the press????

IceDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:56 AM
  #415
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,272
vCash: 256
Thank God the tickets were free cause I really feel bad for who paid last night, horrible game

Lars Eller is a beast, that PK clinic he gave late in the 3rd and the start of OT was unreal. Of course they had to score with seconds left

Tinordi struggled a little bit. Desharnais was useless all night and horrible defensively in his own zone. Guys just had no jump what's so ever and up until mid 3rd even us in the crowd were sleeping.

A+ to Gallagher, this is the only guy with Eller that gave it all every shift all night. I'm falling in love with him(wife knows and said it was ok)

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:59 AM
  #416
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
This is not true. MT is very upset at this penalty and will privately deal with PK.
PK is mature, you can tell by the way he speaks during all his interviews.

And I am not sure how you know that MT will "deal with PK" privately. Are you part of the team?

Jeebus.

This young man has been our best d-man, a Norris candidate and arguably our best player all year.

Yet he makes one mistake (and frankly it was a ******** call, but that's neither here nor there) and people jump on him?

That's irrational, illogical and frankly stupid.

If MT is "very upset" at arguably his best player for a phantom call, it's possibly MT that needs to do some maturing. However I get a feeling this whole "MT is super maaaaaaad" thing is blow out of proportion, as is everything when it comes to Subban.

Some people want to see him fail. They enjoy seeing him make mistakes. Unfortunately for those sad sack fake fans, their pathetic thirst for Schadenfreude rarely comes to fruition when it comes to Subban.

Dr Gonzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:59 AM
  #417
Perrah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Thank God the tickets were free cause I really feel bad for who paid last night, horrible game

Lars Eller is a beast, that PK clinic he gave late in the 3rd and the start of OT was unreal. Of course they had to score with seconds left

Tinordi struggled a little bit. Desharnais was useless all night and horrible defensively in his own zone. Guys just had no jump what's so ever and up until mid 3rd even us in the crowd were sleeping.

A+ to Gallagher, this is the only guy with Eller that gave it all every shift all night. I'm falling in love with him(wife knows and said it was ok)
Galchenyuk was good too and got better as the game went on. Gallagher wasnt noticeable until he put that line on his back the whole third period but not being noticeable on that line for the first 2 periods was a good thing.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:04 AM
  #418
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
As far as I know Eller didn't score either so.
I know you are being facetious, but there is obviously a lot more to hockey than just scoring. That's why Eller is a valuable player, his defensive coverage is off the charts.

Dr Gonzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:05 AM
  #419
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
PK is mature, you can tell by the way he speaks during all his interviews.

And I am not sure how you know that MT will "deal with PK" privately. Are you part of the team?

Jeebus.

This young man has been our best d-man, a Norris candidate and arguably our best player all year.

Yet he makes one mistake (and frankly it was a ******** call, but that's neither here nor there) and people jump on him?

That's irrational, illogical and frankly stupid.

If MT is "very upset" at arguably his best player for a phantom call, it's possibly MT that needs to do some maturing. However I get a feeling this whole "MT is super maaaaaaad" thing is blow out of proportion, as is everything when it comes to Subban.

Some people want to see him fail. They enjoy seeing him make mistakes. Unfortunately for those sad sack fake fans, their pathetic thirst for Schadenfreude rarely comes to fruition when it comes to Subban.
Although I agree with your post, MT did say at the post game PC that it was a bad play and that he would speak to PK privately. His tone of voice suggested he wouldn't be offering PK any milk & cookies at the private talk.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:12 AM
  #420
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Although I agree with your post, MT did say at the post game PC that it was a bad play and that he would speak to PK privately. His tone of voice suggested he wouldn't be offering PK any milk & cookies at the private talk.
Thx for the info.

I think that Therrien needs to do the maturing if that's the case.

To throw someone under the bus via the media, due to a phantom call, when he has been outright dominant all season? Not a fan of that at all.

I don't get this obsession with nitpicking at every little thing the kid does. It's puzzling. I don't want to put the tinfoil hat on or anything, but it's almost as if there's an agenda to follow, and breaking Subban down is part of it.

I like Therrien, but you can't say "We just want PK to be like every other player" and then turn around and treat him like a special case that's not allowed to make a single mistake. Especially when that mistake was a phantom call, and Subban still accepted all responsibility for it.

Dr Gonzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:13 AM
  #421
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,867
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
This is not true. MT is very upset at this penalty and will privately deal with PK.
Watching that video, yes, he is mature about it. Took the blame for the loss, did not question the call or blast the refs and even went so far as to admit that he should have kept his mouth shut during the game.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:14 AM
  #422
Sabresfansince1980
Registered User
 
Sabresfansince1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: from Wheatfield, NY
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,787
vCash: 500
I can understand the Habs falling asleep last night against a terrible team like Buffalo is right now, and thinking maybe they could just turn it on when they needed it. I can also understand the fans being confident in their team pulling out a win. What I haven't seen before is the "Ole" chant in a tie game with 3-4 minutes still left in regulation. I thought that provided just enough karma for Buffalo to somehow get the win, and they did. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer Buffalo to tank and get a top two draft position, so really I'm annoyed with the "ole" chant because it helped Buffalo.

Sabresfansince1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:17 AM
  #423
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabresfansince1980 View Post
I can understand the Habs falling asleep last night against a terrible team like Buffalo is right now, and thinking maybe they could just turn it on when they needed it. I can also understand the fans being confident in their team pulling out a win. What I haven't seen before is the "Ole" chant in a tie game with 3-4 minutes still left in regulation. I thought that provided just enough karma for Buffalo to somehow get the win, and they did. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer Buffalo to tank and get a top two draft position, so really I'm annoyed with the "ole" chant because it helped Buffalo.
The ole chant really isn't a victory chant, it's just a pump up song (like in footy...where the crowds chant all the time).

The Habs finally tied the game up, and I think the fans were in their rights to sing about it. That's what fans do.

I think it was more the phantom call in OT that helped Buffalo, than the chants from the 3rd period, but I digress.

Dr Gonzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:18 AM
  #424
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabresfansince1980 View Post
I can understand the Habs falling asleep last night against a terrible team like Buffalo is right now, and thinking maybe they could just turn it on when they needed it. I can also understand the fans being confident in their team pulling out a win. What I haven't seen before is the "Ole" chant in a tie game with 3-4 minutes still left in regulation. I thought that provided just enough karma for Buffalo to somehow get the win, and they did. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer Buffalo to tank and get a top two draft position, so really I'm annoyed with the "ole" chant because it helped Buffalo.
....

HOW ABOUT PEOPLE STOP FREAKKING AND OBSESSING ABOUT THE OLE CHANT?!

It's a celebration chant for **** sake. It's not a trolling, or a baiting chant. IT's a CELEBRATION chant. Like, for example, when you just TIED UP after being down 2 goals. People were happy that the Habs finally did it.

"It fired up the Sabres" my ****ing ass. The Habs were dominating the game from that point on until the end, and it took a ****ing fluke penalty for the Sabres to achieve anything after we tied up.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:20 AM
  #425
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post

I don't get this obsession with nitpicking at every little thing the kid does. It's puzzling. I don't want to put the tinfoil hat on or anything, but it's almost as if there's an agenda to follow, and breaking Subban down is part of it.
Well, for one reason, he was asked about the play. The reporters didn't ask about other players (I'm thinking of Patches right now). For another reason I think it's because he holds Subban to a higher standard. He probably feels Subban can be an elite player whereas Patches will only be good. I mention Patches because on the first two Sabres goals Patches was admiring the the paint job on Bell Center's ceiling.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.