HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Battlefield 3: Part IV

Old
03-19-2013, 10:35 PM
XX
... Waiting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
So bought Premium.

Now if only I could learn how to play this game.
What is there to learn? The shooting mechanics are the same as any other game. If you don't have those built up, don't expect to wreck people. It takes a lot of practice and experience to get on the level of high end players. I wish I could tell you it's easy and do x,y,z but it's not. Those twitch skills come over time. I took Warfighter as my free SimCity game and, without knowing the maps, was doing 3:1 which is pretty good for that game. Recoil there is much more intense, but the mechanics are the same. My BF3 stats

My biggest tip to new players is to use the high ROF guns. That means the AEK. For new players, it gives you some slack. The lower the ROF, the more accuracy required. The AEK has one of the fastest time-to-kill rates in the game, so use it. Burp the gun in 5-10 shot strings. Never hold the trigger. Slowplay the maps if you have to, almost like a cover based shooter. You can't learn if you are dead because you derp straight forward. I would also recommend playing on a limited rotation server, possibly a 24/7 1 map mode, so that you aren't worried about a constantly changing environment.

Here are some great videos to watch if you are serious about getting better at this game
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1F48902248C7593B
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...d8f-_F97JRtyBn
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCC2547EA6E764D5F
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLED27E1326062ABF8

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 02:32 AM
Patchey*

Very good stats ^

I wish I played on the PC, my spm only tops out around 600 on the console. I NEED MORE PEOPLE TO KILL

I would strongly recommend learning to use the AN-94. I think it's the most versatile weapon in the game, and since it requires you to be more accurate, it will carry over into your other weapons as well.

Patchey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 02:33 AM
Patchey*

Quote:
So bought Premium.

Now if only I could learn how to play this game.
Try watching RivalXfactor and LevelCap Gaming videos. They really break the game down and make it easy.

Old
03-20-2013, 05:11 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

GAme is straight-forward, just level up

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:06 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

Follow objectives

Squad up

Play hard

And you will succed

Old
03-20-2013, 06:19 AM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
Downloading the latest update now, thought i get back into it again. Sucks that you have too see all those ****ing maps you dont have in the list every time you have to play unless you want to give EA your money. That is annoying.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:23 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

See...this is why I want to wait out on BF4. I waited for BF3, and when Premium came out, I just got all the packs at once for 60 bucks (and if I had waited some more, I'd have gotten it for a bigger deal).

I don't want to pay 60 bucks for the base game, plus 15 every 3 or 4 months for another pack.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
What is there to learn? The shooting mechanics are the same as any other game. If you don't have those built up, don't expect to wreck people. It takes a lot of practice and experience to get on the level of high end players. I wish I could tell you it's easy and do x,y,z but it's not. Those twitch skills come over time. I took Warfighter as my free SimCity game and, without knowing the maps, was doing 3:1 which is pretty good for that game. Recoil there is much more intense, but the mechanics are the same. My BF3 stats

My biggest tip to new players is to use the high ROF guns. That means the AEK. For new players, it gives you some slack. The lower the ROF, the more accuracy required. The AEK has one of the fastest time-to-kill rates in the game, so use it. Burp the gun in 5-10 shot strings. Never hold the trigger. Slowplay the maps if you have to, almost like a cover based shooter. You can't learn if you are dead because you derp straight forward. I would also recommend playing on a limited rotation server, possibly a 24/7 1 map mode, so that you aren't worried about a constantly changing environment.

Here are some great videos to watch if you are serious about getting better at this game
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...d8f-_F97JRtyBn
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCC2547EA6E764D5F
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLED27E1326062ABF8
I'm raw. I don't even know what the game types are (didn't see any description/tutorials in the game matchmaking window). I got into a game and there were little orange alphabets everywhere and I literally did not know what I was supposed to do. So yeah, big noob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Follow objectives

Squad up

Play hard

And you will succed
What's your origin and is there an HF platoon?

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

Get started with the base game here

http://battlelog.battlefield.com:80/...-Rank-Cap-SkL/

Premium End Game for Noobs

Old
03-20-2013, 09:06 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

Let's go now

I'm going to joi now

Old
03-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm at work lol. I'll catch you on later tonight.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:45 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Yeah, I'm not a noob .

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 12:12 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
I'm raw. I don't even know what the game types are (didn't see any description/tutorials in the game matchmaking window). I got into a game and there were little orange alphabets everywhere and I literally did not know what I was supposed to do. So yeah, big noob.

Rivalxfactor made 22 videos literally called "how to be a better noob" I wish they were mandatory viewing before players are allowed to join a server.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:25 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
You were probably playing a Conquest or Rush server.

I'd recommend starting with Team Deathmatch to get the basics down. The TDM objective is for your team to reach a set number of kills before the other team does.

03-20-2013, 12:41 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
You were probably playing a Conquest or Rush server.

I'd recommend starting with Team Deathmatch to get the basics down. The TDM objective is for your team to reach a set number of kills before the other team does.
The standard TDM server is too many players packed into one of the small DM friendly maps. It doesn't play like 90% of the game. It's good for training up your gunfighting skill but I'd say it's not the best place to get the basics down. Rush is pretty straightforward. It's also got the most action, as the frontline is usually fairly obvious.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
The standard TDM server is too many players packed into one of the small DM friendly maps. It doesn't play like 90% of the game. It's good for training up your gunfighting skill but I'd say it's not the best place to get the basics down. Rush is pretty straightforward. It's also got the most action, as the frontline is usually fairly obvious.
Do people still play Planetside

Old
03-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

so how is the end game? haven't played it yet

03-24-2013, 09:40 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

Pilot ace ixcuincle reporting in

Air Superiority is pretty fun

Old
03-24-2013, 09:42 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

I was sad when End Game came out at first, because I was having ridiculous fun leading urban combat in Aftermath. Capture the Flag is pretty fun, as is Conquest Large and Air Superiority. There's a lot of Javelin though. Riding around with your bike and then you get got

Old
03-25-2013, 03:30 AM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
Been playing some BF3 latley and i finaly have my M98B. Now i can be a first class recon

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 05:29 AM
Patchey*

Just posted a 44-5 Air Superiority round. All 3 deaths were from team mates crashing into me, and the other 2 were from me derping and hitting trees. I realized that if I get locked while my ecm is on cooldown, I can just fly in a straight line to buy time until they return.

Protip: If you deploy ECM after missiles have been fired, make sure you fly in a straight line. The missiles will not be distracted by the chaff unless it passes through. If it doesn't, the missiles will just circle around until the ECM wears off, and hit you anyways.

Protip 2: Learn to do scissor rolls. I can shake people on my tail 98% of the time.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:49 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:

That's why I don't care when people point out my KD ratio. Battlefield stopped being about KD ratio a long time ago. In fact, since 2, it's been about teamwork and reviving teammates, or completing objectives. It's not about KD anymore. This isn't Battlefield 1942.

More people need to embrace the team concept and cover my damn back, because I can't do everything myself.
KD is a predictor of success.

It's also essential in certain modes. Your KD would actually be harmful in a TDM match. I'd rather be a player down than take you on my team. That's not a slam at you, it's just the way TDM is geared. It's the same with any ticket based mode. If you are sub 1:1, you are wasting tickets. It's that simple. In order to win most rush rounds, you have to push the defenders off the objective. That requires trading kills with them at greater than 1:1. You are not going to get a miracle detonation if the other team is spanking you 4:1 or more. It just won't happen. You're probably getting spawn camped into oblivion at that point. CTF is one of the few modes where you can positively contribute with a negative KD. But even that is twisting the truth. You'd be a far better defender if you died less and therefore were able to cover better. It's just the simple truth.

People forget that KD in COD means you get to your killstreaks faster. People actually sit there and game the system so that they get the most kills with the fewest deaths not because it contributes to the objective, but because it gets them to their killstreaks faster. If someone gets on a roll and headed towards one of the more powerful streaks, you'll see them totally change their gameplay style. That's why COD is so oriented towards KD. The good players get rewarded much faster than average and below players. In battlefield, a 2:1 or 3:1 player can sometimes pull the same weight as an entire squad of guys, depending on mode. Look up any friends you have that are a career 2.0 or better on KD and I'm sure their win rate reflects this.

Shooters will always reward the better players. That's just the nature of the game. You can have equal stats across the board, but there is still a human player with variable skill controlling that soldier.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:53 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

The thing is, Battlefield has not been focused on K/D since 2. Again, it was largely about getting points through revival, or dropping ammo crates.

The main modes I play are Rush and CTF. In those modes I willingly sacrifice myself to protect objectives, something that seems lost in this day and age.

To direct this conversation more towards 4 talk, there has to be more encouragement of teamwork and a de-emphasis on K/D. K/D is devalued in the Battlefield series, and has been for years.

Maybe if you were still talking 1942, K/D would have been important.

Last edited by Francesa: 03-30-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old
03-29-2013, 11:58 PM
Patchey*

Quote:
Don't play TDM

Haven't played TDM in years

I only play Rush and CTF and conquest. In those modes I willingly sacrifice myself to protect objectives, something that seems lost in this day and age.
And then it comes down to the last ticket, and you harm your team.

Not trying to be a dick, like XX, cause you do seem to grasp the concept of the game, but at anything below 1:1 just harms the team in the end.

I think Battlefield 4 should plaster a big message along the lines of "MORE PEOPLE TO KILL NEAR OBJECTIVES" or "Capping a flag is as good as 4-5 kills" right on the Menu screen. People don't understand that you will get WAY more kills, and likely a better k/d when you are PTFOing.

I also wish people would grasp the concept of kit swapping. See that medic that you decided to knife while he was shooting me? Pick up his damn kit and revive me*. You get free points, and it helps the team.

*If it's safe, and you have cleared the area of threats.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:04 AM
Patchey*

Quote:
The thing is, Battlefield has not been focused on K/D since 2. Again, it was largely about getting points through revival, or dropping ammo crates.

Maybe if you were still talking 1942, K/D would have been important.
What he's saying is, in the end it's all about tickets, and unless you are killing equal to, or greater amounts of enemies then you are dying, you're a detriment to your team. I would still take a player like you, who plays the game properly, but at a lesser skill level, than a sniper 400 meters away who gets MAYBE 5-6 kills if he's lucky.