Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

First Round: #3 Blainville-Boisbriand vs. #14 Acadie-Bathurst

Old
03-16-2013, 08:03 PM
RJQuack

vCash: 500
First Round: #3 Blainville-Boisbriand vs. #14 Acadie-Bathurst

Official matchup.

Will post more in-depth stats later as the Q releases their media info ...

Quick rundown, Bathurst have a good offense but are terrible on D ... Blainville are great defensively and have the leagues 3rd best attack ... Not much of a series IMO ...
Armada in 5

Schedule

Game 1 - Thu Mar 21 | 7:00 PM | Acadie-Bathurst 1 @ Blainville-Boisbriand 6

Game 2 - Fri Mar 22 | 7:30 PM | Acadie-Bathurst 4 @ Blainville-Boisbriand 5

Game 3 - Tue Mar 26 | 7:30 PM | Blainville-Boisbriand 4 @ Acadie-Bathurst 5 OT

Game 4 - Wed Mar 27 | 7:30 PM | Blainville-Boisbriand @ Acadie-Bathurst

Game 5 - Fri Mar 29 | 7:30 PM | * Blainville-Boisbriand @ Acadie-Bathurst

Game 6 - Mon Apr 1 | 7:00 PM | * Acadie-Bathurst @ Blainville-Boisbriand

Game 7 - Tue Apr 2 | 7:00 PM | * Acadie-Bathurst @ Blainville-Boisbriand

Blainville-Boisbriand lead series 2-1

Last edited by RJQuack: 03-26-2013 at 10:07 PM.
RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 11:52 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Armada in 4 Titan won't put up much of a fight.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:22 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
BLB in 6.

Not sure why I said that!

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 1004
Blainville-Boisbriand in 5.

Killahpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:47 AM
Reesor01

Unfortunately for Bathurst the Armada might go through what Quebec will go through with Grigorenko returning. BLB was already one of the more well-rounded and deep teams in the league. Getting Matteau back just helps them out even more. Bathurst has no defensive system. While their offense may be skilled enough to get a few by Marcoux, I think they'll be picked apart in this one, though I do think Bathurst will take a game.

Armada in 5

Reesor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:32 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Blainville will over power the Titan, Matteau's return is massive.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:26 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Armada in 4.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:01 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesor01 View Post
Unfortunately for Bathurst the Armada might go through what Quebec will go through with Grigorenko returning. BLB was already one of the more well-rounded and deep teams in the league. Getting Matteau back just helps them out even more. Bathurst has no defensive system. While their offense may be skilled enough to get a few by Marcoux, I think they'll be picked apart in this one, though I do think Bathurst will take a game.

Armada in 5
You are probably right!

I can't see the Titan playing 3 home games without winning one.

All this being said, I still think the Titan will give the Armada much more hardship than what is previewed here.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Arthur Broussard

Went to the CESR to get my ticket for the games. There is a good atmosphere in the building. Stopped for a coffee with a couple of fans at Le Cage while at the rink. The story of Tesink is that he will not play. Ruour has it if he does not play in the playoff season, the Armada will be returned the first pick of St. John and Tesink will be returned to St. John. That will be interesting as the playoff season goes along. So if they use him the return compensation diminishes greatly.

Arthur Broussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Armada look pretty flat.

Dasachtach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:41 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Saw on the stat sheet that Ouellet was +3 in their win tonight, anyone who saw the game mind giving a quick recap of how Ouellet was?

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Arthur Broussard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post
Armada look pretty flat.
Is this flat a good thing? 6-1 Armada!

Old
03-21-2013, 08:48 PM
Arthur Broussard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Saw on the stat sheet that Ouellet was +3 in their win tonight, anyone who saw the game mind giving a quick recap of how Ouellet was?
It was a typical Oullet game. Very good decisions with the puck and strong positioning when playing in his own end. His first pass is outstanding. Did not have much luck on the man advantage, but is certainly the quarterback of the PP.

Strong games by Xavier usually equal strong games by the Armada.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Broussard View Post
Is this flat a good thing? 6-1 Armada!
They first 10 minutes-or-so they looked unprepared; had no jump. They dominated the final 40 minutes, though. Bathurst just plain sucks. BB in 4.

Dasachtach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:44 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Went to the CESR to get my ticket for the games. There is a good atmosphere in the building. Stopped for a coffee with a couple of fans at Le Cage while at the rink. The story of Tesink is that he will not play. Ruour has it if he does not play in the playoff season, the Armada will be returned the first pick of St. John and Tesink will be returned to St. John. That will be interesting as the playoff season goes along. So if they use him the return compensation diminishes greatly.
Who started this rumor ?

Sorry but that's plain stupid, they traded for him.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:29 AM
ZombieRegDunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
You are probably right!

I can't see the Titan playing 3 home games without winning one.

All this being said, I still think the Titan will give the Armada much more hardship than what is previewed here.
I think it's time to concede that this line-up isn't a concern to anyone. You won't, but it's time. Mason MacDonald will be a good, but your goaltending has been awful and your defense just doesn't have the horses. Cape Breton is my team, so I don't have any NB rivalry that makes me want to see Bathurst implode, but 69 games in.....the Titan are who they are.

ZombieRegDunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Reesor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRegDunlop View Post
I think it's time to concede that this line-up isn't a concern to anyone. You won't, but it's time. Mason MacDonald will be a good, but your goaltending has been awful and your defense just doesn't have the horses. Cape Breton is my team, so I don't have any NB rivalry that makes me want to see Bathurst implode, but 69 games in.....the Titan are who they are.
Agreed. It's tough when you have a better team than you've shown. See the 08 Halifax Mooseheads. But sooner or later, potential doesn't matter, and that time is now for Bathurst. No one cares that most Titan fans think they're better than a 14th seed. All that matters now is that they have their hands full against the Armada.

Reesor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:09 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
very well said....

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:15 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Very well put ! Other than one person , everyone feels this way. There not the team that should finish above Moncton and 4th overall in the league. Also not the team where Zboril and Zdrahal are a force every night or where Godin and Girard put up 40+ points..The list is endless..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:21 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Titan should of sold, last spring.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:47 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
It was a typical Oullet game. Very good decisions with the puck and strong positioning when playing in his own end. His first pass is outstanding. Did not have much luck on the man advantage, but is certainly the quarterback of the PP.

Strong games by Xavier usually equal strong games by the Armada.
Thanks for the response, it's good to here he's still playing good defensively as his numbers were a bit disappointing this year but as long as his defense is still solid I'm not to worry.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 06:13 PM
TheDinosaur

Someone wanna inform me why Danny Dupont's head is so thick to not start McDonald. He's obviously the better goalie. Like I know it's an EXTREMELY poorly run organization but I mean come on now. This is AWFUL. Jake Brennan is an average Q goalie behind a TERRIBLE defense. McDonald is going to be an NHL goaltender. I'm not saying he would steal them the series ( but I'm not saying that he couldn't ) Don't you think they would want to at least get him some playoff experience for next year? Instead of letting him rot on the bench. I know he's only 16 but with Fucale doing what he did last year, why not give the kid a shot. Clearly Brennan isn't cutting it. There's a lot wrong with that organization but that was just one thing that's been bugging me all year. Spent a lot of time watching McDonald play here in Halifax and I don't want to see him rotting on a poor organizations bench. Hopefully the rumors are true and LGM is sending him to a decent team. I'll cross my fingers

TheDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 09:45 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Andrews View Post
Someone wanna inform me why Danny Dupont's head is so thick to not start McDonald. He's obviously the better goalie. Like I know it's an EXTREMELY poorly run organization but I mean come on now. This is AWFUL. Jake Brennan is an average Q goalie behind a TERRIBLE defense. McDonald is going to be an NHL goaltender. I'm not saying he would steal them the series ( but I'm not saying that he couldn't ) Don't you think they would want to at least get him some playoff experience for next year? Instead of letting him rot on the bench. I know he's only 16 but with Fucale doing what he did last year, why not give the kid a shot. Clearly Brennan isn't cutting it. There's a lot wrong with that organization but that was just one thing that's been bugging me all year. Spent a lot of time watching McDonald play here in Halifax and I don't want to see him rotting on a poor organizations bench. Hopefully the rumors are true and LGM is sending him to a decent team. I'll cross my fingers
Sorry, but I watched McDonald all year and he was inconsistent all year.
He was taking over Brennan for 2 periods and was good, but he started the next game and had to be removed from the goal after 1 period or so.

I also believe he will be good ....but he is no Fucale at 16.

Some goaltenders take a little more time to develop and some have a good 16YO year and then hit the sophomore jinx.
I would rahter give him time than burn him.

That is what Dupont is doing.

The rumours are exactly that,rumours, and there are some on every team, not just the Titan.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:07 AM
ClemQ

to paraphrase a few comments from previous postings.... seems like your flip/flopping a whole lot now.

The Titan are an improved team this morning compared to the start of the trading period.
The question that remains to be answered is to what extent.

By the end of the season, the Titan will be better than 13th....

The question is how well they will position themselves for the playoffs.

They are better than a 13th team is....can't you see it?

So are you blaming MacDonald in his 3rd start in as many games for the team, to have a counter performance at 16YO?

Our starter is Brennan and he proved consistency so far and MacDonald proved to be a very good backup at 16.
I wonder what you expected here....

FYI - you dropped 2 spots since the deadline, and your now saying the goalies are inconsistent.....oh, how things change so quickly

And just to add...yes i do have a counter performance for a 16yr old - Cadorette last year swept Victo

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:50 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

If only the league could step in and get rid of LGM....

Titan would be very dumb to trade McDonald.