HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 05:42 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Edwards View Post
I was told Yan is no longer eigible. I didn't get a chance to confirm but it was from a good source.
I have heard the same thing regarding Yan. I think Nikita Korostelev is an option at #9. Sarnia is well represented by Russian players and Korostelev should go in that range.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:36 PM
PdashOw

I'm hearing Korostelev will be gone by 9.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:13 AM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
I have heard the same thing regarding Yan. I think Nikita Korostelev is an option at #9. Sarnia is well represented by Russian players and Korostelev should go in that range.
Why would he not be eligible? Does that make him an import?

Old
03-20-2013, 09:45 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post
Why would he not be eligible? Does that make him an import?
Cant draft 16 year old imports must be 17-19 years of age

Old
03-20-2013, 12:15 PM
HockeyCritics

Can someone post a potential line up for next year and what they see. Thanks

Old
03-20-2013, 12:27 PM
HockeyCritics

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCritics View Post
Can someone post a potential line up for next year and what they see. Thanks
Also who do you see staying as a 20 year old.My guess would be Murray Boucher Basso , Goalies do you see 2 96 with Hergott and Audet or they keep Barrick and/or Dawe/ hergott/ Audet .Dman Deangelo,Murray,Basso,Pantziris,Chapman,Hore,Nemec ek,Diapolo ,good potential in King ?
Boucher,Golobin,Moore,Nikandrov,Hargrave,Brown,Car neval,Renaud,Addesi,Ciccarelli,Vandermeer who to add ??

Old
03-20-2013, 12:41 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Just a guess:

Out: JP Anderson, Charlie Sarault, Alex Galchenyuk (clearly), Connor Murphy, Reid Boucher (likely), Nemecek (do they bring him back?)

Line Combo's fluctuate...

L1: Brown - Nikandrov - Goldobin
L2: Renaud - Hargrave - Moore
L3: Addesi - Latta (OA) - Vendramin (R)
L4: Carnevale - Ciccarelli - Cam Ashley (R)
Extra: Ashley/Vendramin/Ciccarelli/2013 1st/2nd Round picks (if Fwds)

D1: Basso (OA) - Duininck (OA)
D2: Hore - DeAngelo
D3: Chapman/DiPaolo/Pantziris/Core (2 of the 4)

G1: Barrick
G2: Dawe/Hergott

Sarnia will once again have a decision to make on the OA's next year

Moveable Pieces: DiPaolo, Chapman, Carnevale, Nemecek, Dawe/Hergott

It will be interesting to see how Sarnia drafts. It's clear they need some forwards to replace the core and last year they went big. I think they need to address their skill now.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:43 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Also who do you see staying as a 20 year old.My guess would be Murray Boucher Basso , Goalies do you see 2 96 with Hergott and Audet or they keep Barrick and/or Dawe/ hergott/ Audet .Dman Deangelo,Murray,Basso,Pantziris,Chapman,Hore,Nemec ek,Diapolo ,good potential in King ?
Boucher,Golobin,Moore,Nikandrov,Hargrave,Brown,Carneval,Renaud,Ad desi,Ciccarelli,Vandermeer who to add ??
I think you mean "Murphy" and no, he won't be back. He is ready for the AHL.

Boucher could return but I don't see it. The Devils will want to test his talent in the AHL.

"Goldobin" - the lone pure skilled player.

"Vandermeer"?? I think you mean Vendramin.

Look for Sarnia to draft a skilled forward 9th overall and hopefully steal another Russian in the Import Draft

Old
03-20-2013, 01:09 PM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Just a guess:

Out: JP Anderson, Charlie Sarault, Alex Galchenyuk (clearly), Connor Murphy, Reid Boucher (likely), Nemecek (do they bring him back?)

It will be interesting to see how Sarnia drafts. It's clear they need some forwards to replace the core and last year they went big. I think they need to address their skill now.
Nice list, but don't see a chance that Dawe will be on the team next year. Waste of an OA as a back up goalie. Any chance Gunner Rivers comes to camp next year?

Old
03-20-2013, 01:12 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
Nice list, but don't see a chance that Dawe will be on the team next year. Waste of an OA as a back up goalie. Any chance Gunner Rivers comes to camp next year?
Good point. I didn't see him as an OA. Oversight. He won't be back.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:18 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Good point. I didn't see him as an OA. Oversight. He won't be back.
Pantzaris is an O/A too next yr ,but I would be willing to trade u Ebert for Basso,1 less
O/A for Sarnia,u get a Dman in return

Old
03-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Top shelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Pantzaris is an O/A too next yr ,but I would be willing to trade u Ebert for Basso,1 less
O/A for Sarnia,u get a Dman in return
I mainly follow the Northern Kids and looking forward to seeing who will go where in this years draft but does anyone feel the Exell kid 2011 draft has a chance to crack the line up next year? Did seem to have some good reports from previous camps.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:03 PM
massey

Quote:
Just a guess:

What's your idea of moving Chapman.Top 4 d man today,works and gives you 110%.Ate more rubber than BF Goodrich and blocked a pile of shots and can mix it up if required.Just curious

Old
03-20-2013, 06:49 PM
dansk55

Quote:
Boucher,Golobin,Moore,Nikandrov,Hargrave,Brown,Car neval,Renaud,Addesi,Ciccarelli,Vandermeer who to add ??
any way you slice it, it will be slim pickings next year. as we rebuild yet again... Is Ciccarelli a legit to make it?
Won't see tiki or dare or dipole. Chapman is good and works hard but could be dispensable.

Last edited by dansk55: 03-20-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old
03-20-2013, 07:53 PM
getrdone71

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
What's your idea of moving Chapman.Top 4 d man today,works and gives you 110%.Ate more rubber than BF Goodrich and blocked a pile of shots and can mix it up if required.Just curious
Massey I have to agree with you 100% on this one. I don't see Chappy going anywhere.is he dispensiable (yes) but I can't see it as he proved this year he can do it Might not be the prettiest skater but he gets the job done and has a tonne of heart. It will be interesting next year to say the least.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:03 PM
getrdone71

"@SarniaObserver: Our live chat with Jacques Beaulieu is 1 day away. Send questions to stingchat@scribblelive.com or use #jacquestalk: http://t.co/KDeOYJSxPD".

Just for some people who might no have seen this. (It might already be on here from Paul). But its a good spot if anyone wants to ask any question towards the Coach. And for some that like to stay anonymous just make up a fake e-mail and ask from that address. Lmao. I would love to see some of the question people would ask. Also for the twitter people if you search #jacquestalk. You can already see acouple of questions.

Last edited by getrdone71: 03-20-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old
03-20-2013, 08:12 PM
lazyboy

off topic but I thought I would post this since it is a local hockey story and with some Sting ties since Derek was a former assistant coach with the club. Voting takes place this Sat and Sun which would be great for the local minor hockey association while giving some recognition to someone worthy of it

http://www.krafthockeygoeson.ca/en/n...e/profile/283/

and here is a write up on it in the Observer

http://www.theobserver.ca/2013/03/19...oes-on-contest

pretty sure its ok to post here, but if I'm out of bounds, mods feel free to delete
thanks

Old
03-20-2013, 10:41 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
I said Chapman was moveable NOT that I WOULD move him. I like Chappy. He's a real team player and one of the only Defensive Dmen Sarnia has.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:56 PM
SarniaSting101

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
Although Dawe came in and did the job when both goalies were down, I would have to agree that using an OA card on him would be a long shot.
My gut feeling is they would not keep Hergott yet either. There were a few games when Dawe could've been pulled (not due to his own fault but just alot of goals going in without any help from the team) but it was clear JB was not at all confident to put in Hergott. If there was any indication of keeping him I would think those would have been a few opportunities to get him a bit of experience.
Not sure if anyone has been keeping tabs on Marc Audet but he may be someone to consider as he has at least played Jr this year I believe and gotten a bit of experience playing against older players.
Rumour had it at last training camp Gunner Rivers didn't report because he wanted to go the NCAA route so I guess we will see if he changes his mind and shows up this year. He has played a couple years now of Tier II so he would come in with some experience as well.

Last edited by SarniaSting101: 03-21-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old
03-20-2013, 11:00 PM
SarniaSting101

Quote:
I said Chapman was moveable NOT that I WOULD move him. I like Chappy. He's a real team player and one of the only Defensive Dmen Sarnia has.
I hope they keep him! He could teach ALOT of players the words "determination" and "heart". He was sent home last year and played Tier II and yet came back this year more determined than ever and certainly without a chip on his shoulder as so many have. He may be a bit unethical at times, but you can honestly say he gives 150% or more each and every time he steps on the ice.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:19 AM
massey

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:06 AM
massey

Some thoughts and questions

Dipaolo,
I would keep him around,probably wouldnt get much for him,good utility man,can play forward,Defence and can do some enforcing also which i think we need to improve,any thoughts

Ciccarelli,
Do you really think this kid can make it w/o dads influence.He sure tries to keep up but based on this years games he will have to pick up the speed to keep up.He looked oK in Jr B but not sure the OHL is too fast.Hopefully can grow some over the summer,any thoughts

Basso
Discussion purposes only,would you try and trade him and get a scoring forward in his place.He should have some decent value for an OA. He has played so well this year I hate to bring this up.Hard shot,good offensive skills and much better decision making skills,any thoughts

Old
03-21-2013, 10:33 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Some thoughts and questions

Dipaolo,
I would keep him around,probably wouldnt get much for him,good utility man,can play forward,Defence and can do some enforcing also which i think we need to improve,any thoughts
DiPaolo was under utilized in my opinion. This kid has been extra patient with the Sting as he sat from the sidelines and watched the majority of the game. When he plays, he plays well. He needs to be in the lineup.

Quote:
Ciccarelli,
Do you really think this kid can make it w/o dads influence.He sure tries to keep up but based on this years games he will have to pick up the speed to keep up.He looked oK in Jr B but not sure the OHL is too fast.Hopefully can grow some over the summer,any thoughts
I think if his last name was anything other than "Ciccarelli" then he wouldn't have seen any action this year. It was probably a convenience thing bringing him up when injuries struck but I would agree, I don't think he is ready for the OHL, yet.

Quote:
Basso
Discussion purposes only,would you try and trade him and get a scoring forward in his place.He should have some decent value for an OA. He has played so well this year I hate to bring this up.Hard shot,good offensive skills and much better decision making skills,any thoughts
I think they have to entertain the idea of moving Basso. They can risk putting the hands of the offense into DeAngelo's hands and hope they can improve their scoring depth up front by moving Basso....or, move him for a '94.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:56 PM
highstickside

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarniaSting101 View Post
I hope they keep him! He could teach ALOT of players the words "determination" and "heart". He was sent home last year and played Tier II and yet came back this year more determined than ever and certainly without a chip on his shoulder as so many have. He may be a bit unethical at times, but you can honestly say he gives 150% or more each and every time he steps on the ice.
Ummm...I'm thinking that maybe you meant "unorthodox" rather than "unethical". At least I'm hoping that...

Old
03-21-2013, 02:10 PM
SarniaSting101

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstickside View Post
Ummm...I'm thinking that maybe you meant "unorthodox" rather than "unethical". At least I'm hoping that...
I stand corrected! I knew it didn't sound right when I typed it!

Closed Thread