HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Great or Greatest Dane Edition

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 11:47 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
He's amazing. Imagine our depth when everyone will be healthy!!!

Old
03-19-2013, 11:48 PM
rockjngo

I'm impress with Lars Eller this season, you could see his potential tonight when he turned on "Beast mode" and carry the puck in the offensive zone. He's very strong on the puck and reminds me a bit of Eric Staal. At 6'3" Eller is huge and if he puts on another 15lbs to his 210lbs frame he'll be really difficult to knock off the puck. He also needs to change his number, 81 lol. Eller is already polished on defensive zone, he just need to put his offense together.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:02 AM
NewHabsEra*

I agree that Eller should get PP time, especially a game like tonight where he was quite outplaying Desharnais..

Old
03-20-2013, 12:10 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
1 more takeaway to his stats and he also finished the game with 4 hits. Kid is scary good.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:59 AM
Dont Poke Subban
Fall is coming

Im buying an Eller jersey once he signs long term. Gotta make sure I dont waste money..lol

Old
03-20-2013, 01:09 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Imagine how good this team will be when Eller and Galchenyuk consistently get powerplay time over gionta-ryder

holy crap.

eller was just insane in that 3rd period, even end of shift killing a penalty was able to rush up ice ANd create a scoring oppurtunity... skys the limit for lars, ..just needs the coach to implement him more

Old
03-20-2013, 01:20 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
We saw flashes of Eller like this in the past. When he has the confidence to dangle guys in his own zone, and use his size to fend off players, he's truly a sight to behold. If he play like that more often than not, then he's a quality 1st line centre. The only question for people that have followed him is his consistency. That will determine what kind of career he has, but we all know what he is capable of.
I don't understand why people are always questioning consistency. The "scratching" after the 1st game of the season was overblown and people started doubting Eller's ability, which was quite stupid because of one "bad" game that in reality the whole team played like ****. He paid for everyone else because he was an easy target but since that, I think he is our most consistent player (with Gallagher), especially in the last 15 games, he was simply dominant in every aspects of the game. Not trying to overrate him here but in every PGT of the last 15 games or so, the name Lars Eller always come up as one of our best player.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:21 AM
Lions999

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
I'm impress with Lars Eller this season, you could see his potential tonight when he turned on "Beast mode" and carry the puck in the offensive zone. He's very strong on the puck and reminds me a bit of Eric Staal. At 6'3" Eller is huge and if he puts on another 15lbs to his 210lbs frame he'll be really difficult to knock off the puck. He also needs to change his number, 81 lol. Eller is already polished on defensive zone, he just need to put his offense together.
I think he`s 6`2 and weighs 220lbs, remembering seeing that somewhere.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:53 AM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
We saw flashes of Eller like this in the past. When he has the confidence to dangle guys in his own zone, and use his size to fend off players, he's truly a sight to behold. If he play like that more often than not, then he's a quality 1st line centre. The only question for people that have followed him is his consistency. That will determine what kind of career he has, but we all know what he is capable of.
I agree that he isnt consistent, though hes more consistent than before. Also while we have seen similar flashes, he never had the power and explosiveness he has now in flashes before. Hopefully he gets more pp time he's very effective and holding the puck until were on the zone.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:39 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

he's a soft spoken guy, but i'll always remember (and cherish) that faceoff where briere spear nutted him and he yanked his stick and threw it away.

Old
03-20-2013, 04:33 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
I don't understand why people are always questioning consistency. The "scratching" after the 1st game of the season was overblown and people started doubting Eller's ability, which was quite stupid because of one "bad" game that in reality the whole team played like ****. He paid for everyone else because he was an easy target but since that, I think he is our most consistent player (with Gallagher), especially in the last 15 games, he was simply dominant in every aspects of the game. Not trying to overrate him here but in every PGT of the last 15 games or so, the name Lars Eller always come up as one of our best player.
Beats me too. I still don't think MT was really singling him out when he got benched. Tons of players he could've picked. Never seen Eller as inconsistent. He's never played with this much fire but he was always a pretty hard worker. I think he's just coming more and more into his own. I don't see him regressing at all. He's done nothing but improve ever since he's started here.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Beast.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:23 AM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
The kid is playing like he's bigger and better than everyone else... I love that.

I had doubts about Eller. No more.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:17 AM
Picaroon

Has ability to bring it out of the defensive zone is unreal. He has sooo much confidence carrying the puck right now. Really hope it stays like that.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:24 AM
BobbyFischer*

Eller is so strong... (no homo)

He must be a royal pain in the ass to play against with his size, speed and strength.

Old
03-20-2013, 08:27 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Jaro who?

Old
03-20-2013, 08:37 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Jaro who?
Spacek?

Old
03-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Beats me too. I still don't think MT was really singling him out when he got benched. Tons of players he could've picked.
Yeah, upon reflection, I think MT wanted to send a drastic message early in the season to make it clear things were different and it just happened to be Eller who was picked as the sacrificial lamb.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:43 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

So much for that tunnel vision....

Old
03-20-2013, 09:50 AM
AmeriHab

I suggested last summer that we may already have a #1C in Eller and his points would be up if he centered Patches and Cole like DD did last year. I was told no way by several but it looks more promising. Could Galchy and eller become a lite version of Crosby and Malkin??

Old
03-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
So much for that tunnel vision....
Wait, did someone actually say that he has tunnel vision?? Oh man....

God damn it, sometimes Habs fans are the worst.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Et le But

I understand where the "tunnel vision" accusations come from, because he's not really creative, the way Desharnais is. Desharnais is more of an orthodox playmaker, a guy who does everything with the intention of setting up for his wingers.

It's clear Eller thrives with a playmaking winger, but that doesn't mean he's not a playmaker at all, or has no intelligence out there. Plekanec is better with a playmaking winger too, and Plekanec is one of the smartest players on the team - but in a workmanlike way; Plek probably has even less creativity than Eller. But creativity is only one part of it.

Eller is hardly a Plekanec clone either, besides the size and strength difference Plekanec is purely a noth-south player and always plays at a high tempo. Of the forwards only Galchenyuk is as good as Eller on the puck, another reason having the two of them together is nice. It's also why Eller needed time to figure it out - after all, Eller is about the same age Plekanec was when he broke out, but is capable of more, and can still improve his decision making even further.

Old
03-20-2013, 04:39 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
eller was just insane in that 3rd period, even end of shift killing a penalty was able to rush up ice ANd create a scoring oppurtunity... skys the limit for lars, ..just needs the coach to implement him more
He looked like Malkin during that rush it was amazing.

He developped so much this year. We could see the tools from the beginning but now everything is falling into piece. He looks like a very big part of our future.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Lars Eller er s god, at jeg er ved at lre dette sprog, s jeg kan g opmuntre ham p dansk!

Old
03-20-2013, 06:27 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Really thinking of starting a Facebook page: Please Bergevin, do not trade Eller.
If anyone with more initiative than me would like to, go right ahead.

Closed Thread