HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Combos: now, next year, future, etc

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2013, 05:59 AM
  #51
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 20,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Why the hell is Cizikas on the wing?
Ask Capuano?

__________________

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:18 AM
  #52
Paulinho
No Man's Sky
 
Paulinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 2,272
vCash: 500
I'm hoping to see Grabner given a chance with Tavares for an extended period when he returns. I have a gut feeling that could be a special combination.

Paulinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:05 AM
  #53
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho View Post
I'm hoping to see Grabner given a chance with Tavares for an extended period when he returns. I have a gut feeling that could be a special combination.
Grabner isn't a good fit with Tavares, Bailey is.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:06 AM
  #54
Knish Of The Crease
Registered User
 
Knish Of The Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,563
vCash: 500
I'd like to see-

Martin-Tavares-Bailey
Moulson-Nielsen-Okposo
Grabner-Cizikas-Boyes/Ullstrom
Boulton-Aucoin-McDonald

Sure, some guys are off their Wing but I don't think it's any worse than it is now. As far as the D? Who the hell knows.


Last edited by Knish Of The Crease: 03-20-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Knish Of The Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:15 AM
  #55
Riseonfire
R+L=J
 
Riseonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ MAC View Post
I'd like to see-

Martin-Tavares-Bailey
Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo
Ullstrom-Cizikas-Boyes
Boulton-Aucoin-McDonald

Sure, some guys are off their Wing but I don't think it's any worse than it is now. As far as the D? Who the hell knows.
And we do what with Moulson... You know, one of the most reliable goal scorers in the league?

Keep Martin on the third line, move Boyes to another team (he'll do nothing for us as a 3rd liner) and push Ullstrom to that 3rd line RW if you must.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:17 AM
  #56
Knish Of The Crease
Registered User
 
Knish Of The Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
And we do what with Moulson... You know, one of the most reliable goal scorers in the league?

Keep Martin on the third line, move Boyes to another team (he'll do nothing for us as a 3rd liner) and push Ullstrom to that 3rd line RW if you must.
My bad. Can't believe I left him out. I'll adjust it now.

Knish Of The Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:21 AM
  #57
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
And we do what with Moulson... You know, one of the most reliable goal scorers in the league?

Keep Martin on the third line, move Boyes to another team (he'll do nothing for us as a 3rd liner) and push Ullstrom to that 3rd line RW if you must.
I'll be the first to say it. I think the Isles should trade Moulson.

The Islanders have very few marketable players and Moulson's one of them. While he's a terrific goal scorer, he is useless in every other way. I'd prefer a more well-rounded player and I think teams might fall in love with Moulson's stats and PAY for that.

The fact that Snow let Parenteau walk, who was also a productive, limited player who is playing well elsewhere, maybe we can get something better for Moulson.

I know he's JT's "friend" but JT can make new friends.

anyway. I'd deal him, if the return was right.

I know many of us fans think we can deal fringe or struggling players and snatch a top five pick or a young prospect, but I seriously doubt that Snow can get much of anything from the non-JT/Hamonic players on this roster.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 02:33 PM
  #58
Paulinho
No Man's Sky
 
Paulinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 2,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Grabner isn't a good fit with Tavares, Bailey is.

Paulinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 02:53 PM
  #59
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho View Post
lol touche

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:43 PM
  #60
Sparksrus3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Grabner isn't a good fit with Tavares, Bailey is.
I agree. Grabner would never go in the corners. At least Boyes would skate behind the net once or twice a game. JT would have to work even harder. Bailey deserves a shot it could work . Maybe the next coach will give it a shot

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:52 PM
  #61
Knish Of The Crease
Registered User
 
Knish Of The Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,563
vCash: 500
Bailey has enough skill that I think would open up space for Tavares. Backcheckers & D won't be riding JT like Seabiscuit if Bailey has possession. We know he's got good enough hands to make plays.

Knish Of The Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:17 PM
  #62
camper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ MAC View Post
I'd like to see-

Martin-Tavares-Bailey
Moulson-Nielsen-Okposo
Grabner-Cizikas-Boyes/Ullstrom
Boulton-Aucoin-McDonald

Sure, some guys are off their Wing but I don't think it's any worse than it is now. As far as the D? Who the hell knows.
First line should work...Tavaras might grow a pair playing with17..Bailey did when he played with 17..over all like the line...might help Tavaras defensive woes/ rest of the lines still soft...cc and mcd are pretend hitters ..no one is treatened by them...second line..hmmm who knows...non are consistent

camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:30 AM
  #63
It Was 4 to 1
Penguins MVPs
 
It Was 4 to 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: #FireCapuano
Country: United States
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
Moulson - Tavares - Bailey
Okposo - Nielsen - Boyes
Grabner - Aucoin - Joensuu/Ullstrom
Martin - Cizikas - McDonald

It Was 4 to 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:42 AM
  #64
steveat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,809
vCash: 500
I am gonna call it.

umm.. What do you guys think about moving Streit to JT's line.

Don't laugh, but I think it could work. Streit -plays bigger than he is when he is on the offence...he can hit..go into corners...carrys the puck well..good enough to split the defence and score. He can pass and he can shoot. He plays a harder offensive game than Boyes (IMO), not to mention can at least play moderate defense as opposed to floater Moulson.



Moulson - JT - Streit
Boyes - Nielsen - McDonald/Okposo
Grabner - B. Nelson - Okposo/Niederreiter
Martin - Cizikas - Okposo/Niederreiter/McDonald

Okposo will float between lines 2-4 and I think McDonald will get his shot at a higher line because his work ethic is good. Niederreiter will do a bit of floating between 3rd and 4th lines.

As far as I am concerned....out of all our rookies, 3 will make it..Nino, Brock and Matt Donovan. Griff, Kabby and Strome will all get their 6 game look and be sent back...Pedan may as well. Mayfield will stay in College hockey.

Boyes WILL resign unless traded by the deadline. We don't have anyone that can produce as much or more than him at his role and until we do...we aren't gonna do another Parenteau. When our rookies prove themselves, then fine, but we cannot keep losing offensive producers, especially when they cannot be replaced right away.

Defensive core....Not 100%, but I am sure Martinek won't be here next year. I think he's done a decent role filling thing this year and 2 goals from him has helped. Donovan will take Martinek's spot.

Amac - Hammer
Strait - Hickey
Donovan - Carkner
Lee and Finley (as 7th man)

I don't see Viz here at all and Streit will most likely be here on the d list, but one can always hope they'd try him on JT's line. It's not like it's the first time a dman moved to forward Buflyien was gonna do that move too.

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:52 AM
  #65
19 in a row
Registered User
 
19 in a row's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOceanless View Post
Moulson - Tavares - Bailey
Okposo - Nielsen - Boyes
Grabner - Aucoin - Joensuu/Ullstrom
Martin - Cizikas - McDonald
Where in the world is Joensuu??? 2 1/2 weeks ago he was skating and traveling with the team and still no word on him. I am not saying I expect great things from him this year but until we get him in the lineup or call up someone, we are stuck with playing Reasoner or Boulton or worse both if someone else gets hurt or sat down in our lineup.

I haven't seen a word written about his status anywhere since. Has anyone heard anything on him in the last week plus?

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:03 AM
  #66
Beastrt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
Where in the world is Joensuu??? 2 1/2 weeks ago he was skating and traveling with the team and still no word on him. I am not saying I expect great things from him this year but until we get him in the lineup or call up someone, we are stuck with playing Reasoner or Boulton or worse both if someone else gets hurt or sat down in our lineup.

I haven't seen a word written about his status anywhere since. Has anyone heard anything on him in the last week plus?
On twitter staple said today "When coaches are ready to take a wing out of lineup".

Beastrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:09 AM
  #67
19 in a row
Registered User
 
19 in a row's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastrt View Post
On twitter staple said today "When coaches are ready to take a wing out of lineup".
ahh thank you, I missed that.. so you mean never? Reasoner has obviously earned to be in there every day? I know we won last night, but that doesn't mean a few guys haven't earned the right to sit.
Since JJ has not been activated, and was suspended, does that mean he is not even getting paid? or was the suspension lifted?

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:50 PM
  #68
SpeedDemon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Classified
Country: United States
Posts: 780
vCash: 491
I am doubtful Nino can play with Tavares. You don't play a power forward with a sniper let alone two. that's just not done.

You might play him with a playmaker or a two-way center.

besides after how Cappy played Nino a 4th liner I doubt he'd play him in a top6 let alone a top 3 role egardless of his talent.

as far as I'm conerned Nielsen stays. He's two-way and a speedster. not to mention a shoot out specialist.

SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:56 PM
  #69
mitchy22
Registered User
 
mitchy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,769
vCash: 500
I see our lines and I want to make trades. It's as simple as that. Otherwise, we have to wait or try really hard to mix things up with what we have for now.

Has anyone taken a long look at our scoring and size down the middle?

At what point do we have to admit that the current lineup isn't capable of competing with a lot of groups in the Eastern Conference unless we badly out play our opponents? For a team that our coaches feel needs to outhit its opponents, we don't exactly have a club designed to do it. Add to the fact that our ice is easily the worst in the league, and it's pretty ridiculous that we don't have more guys who can play a grinding style of game. Also, we need to have more shooters and guys who can skate hard north and south in such an environment.

I absolutely hate how we use Frans Nielsen at 5-on-5 hockey. I want to say that while also suggesting that I feel he's a very useful player, but the rest of our mix is pretty much bringing the worst out of him. He's too small and poor in front of either net to play the role we put him. If he's your 2nd line center, then you need to put him with two goalscoring wingers, and at least one of them better be able to move a body off the puck. If he's your 3rd line checker, then you need two bigger and defensively responsible wingers. He just doesn't fit this team down the middle, nor does he match up well against a lot of centers in our Conference. If he remains, I want him on the wing. That's my case. I'm okay with him staying purely because of how useful overall he is, but not in the roles people tend to plop him down into.

Nielsen-JT-Martin
Moulson-Bailey-KO
Grabner-Cizikas-Boyes
Boulton-Aucoin-McDonald

I don't want Reasoner in the lineup; if he's in the above lineup, it's at the expense of Boulton. Marty been playing some of his best hockey since he's been here of late, and it's still not good enough for me. Aucoin and Cizikas have been better in the dot, albeit with less draws and possibly easier competition.

I have no idea why they never tried Ullstrom down the middle. Without less of a shakeup, you could do this if Ullstrom comes back:

Moulson-JT-Martin
Bailey-Ullstrom-KO
Grabner-Cizikas-Nielsen
Reasoner/Boulton-Aucoin-McDonald

I also disagree about what people have said about Grabner not being a good fit for JT. I think Grabner-JT-Martin would be fine. Grabner has been much better without the puck this season; he's also been physically stronger with and without the puck this year. JT is a shooter and a distributer. I think our biggest problem is that we never have him on a line with guys who can quickly get to loose pucks or win 1-on-1 battles for them. Martin's skating has improved, he still works hard for every stride, but the guy has ridiculous stamina. He also has a decent enough release. All you want him to do on JT's line is remove bodies from pucks and Martin can do that. Martin also has made some pretty nice passes this year. He's a much more skilled player than you'll ever see when all he's told to do is hit everything and get back on the play.

I'm not going to bother about the future. I'd love to see our centers end up being: JT, Nelson, Lee, Cizikas. If those kids pan out, that's a much better mix of size, speed, grit and skill down the middle. Like it or not, that's what you need to compete in our conference. Not to mention, you'll see more than 12 goals from the bottom 3 guys. With that kind of lineup, you could easily use Nielsen and Strome on the wing. I'm hoping things shake out that way. Otherwise, I hope we finally trade for a bigger goal scoring or true checking center (or both).

Frans Nielsen has scored ONE goal at ES all year.

I also can't say that we've tried putting him next to our most reliable goalscoring winger just to see if that would work. The lineup drives me insane. We win games against physically weaker teams or by purely outworking teams; we do so, while pretty much fighting our own lineup card every night.

Final Edit - I'd also like to say that I'd use most of the lineups I've seen in this thread, and many I've see in the past, before I'd use what we've been rolling out there on a regular basis.

,
Mitch


Last edited by mitchy22: 03-28-2013 at 05:07 PM.
mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:15 PM
  #70
goal1228
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy22 View Post
I see our lines and I want to make trades. It's as simple as that. Otherwise, we have to wait or try really hard to mix things up with what we have for now.

Has anyone taken a long look at our scoring and size down the middle?

At what point do we have to admit that the current lineup isn't capable of competing with a lot of groups in the Eastern Conference unless we badly out play our opponents? For a team that our coaches feel needs to outhit its opponents, we don't exactly have a club designed to do it. Add to the fact that our ice is easily the worst in the league, and it's pretty ridiculous that we don't have more guys who can play a grinding style of game. Also, we need to have more shooters and guys who can skate hard north and south in such an environment.

I absolutely hate how we use Frans Nielsen at 5-on-5 hockey. I want to say that while also suggesting that I feel he's a very useful player, but the rest of our mix is pretty much bringing the worst out of him. He's too small and poor in front of either net to play the role we put him. If he's your 2nd line center, then you need to put him with two goalscoring wingers, and at least one of them better be able to move a body off the puck. If he's your 3rd line checker, then you need two bigger and defensively responsible wingers. He just doesn't fit this team down the middle, nor does he match up well against a lot of centers in our Conference. If he remains, I want him on the wing. That's my case. I'm okay with him staying purely because of how useful overall he is, but not in the roles people tend to plop him down into.

Nielsen-JT-Martin
Moulson-Bailey-KO
Grabner-Cizikas-Boyes
Boulton-Aucoin-McDonald

I don't want Reasoner in the lineup; if he's in the above lineup, it's at the expense of Boulton. Marty been playing some of his best hockey since he's been here of late, and it's still not good enough for me. Aucoin and Cizikas have been better in the dot, albeit with less draws and possibly easier competition.

I have no idea why they never tried Ullstrom down the middle. Without less of a shakeup, you could do this if Ullstrom comes back:

Moulson-JT-Martin
Bailey-Ullstrom-KO
Grabner-Cizikas-Nielsen
Reasoner/Boulton-Aucoin-McDonald

I also disagree about what people have said about Grabner not being a good fit for JT. I think Grabner-JT-Martin would be fine. Grabner has been much better without the puck this season; he's also been physically stronger with and without the puck this year. JT is a shooter and a distributer. I think our biggest problem is that we never have him on a line with guys who can quickly get to loose pucks or win 1-on-1 battles for them. Martin's skating has improved, he still works hard for every stride, but the guy has ridiculous stamina. He also has a decent enough release. All you want him to do on JT's line is remove bodies from pucks and Martin can do that. Martin also has made some pretty nice passes this year. He's a much more skilled player than you'll ever see when all he's told to do is hit everything and get back on the play.

I'm not going to bother about the future. I'd love to see our centers end up being: JT, Nelson, Lee, Cizikas. If those kids pan out, that's a much better mix of size, speed, grit and skill down the middle. Like it or not, that's what you need to compete in our conference. Not to mention, you'll see more than 12 goals from the bottom 3 guys. With that kind of lineup, you could easily use Nielsen and Strome on the wing. I'm hoping things shake out that way. Otherwise, I hope we finally trade for a bigger goal scoring or true checking center (or both).

Frans Nielsen has scored ONE goal at ES all year.

I also can't say that we've tried putting him next to our most reliable goalscoring winger just to see if that would work. The lineup drives me insane. We win games against physically weaker teams or by purely outworking teams; we do so, while pretty much fighting our own lineup card every night.

Final Edit - I'd also like to say that I'd use most of the lineups I've seen in this thread, and many I've see in the past, before I'd use what we've been rolling out there on a regular basis.

,
Mitch


Great Post .

goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:48 PM
  #71
OrangeZebra
Unregistered User
 
OrangeZebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 500
Next year hopefully.

Moulson - Tavares - Nino
Bailey - Strome - Grabner
Lee/Nelson - Nielsen - Okposo
Martin - Cizikas - McDonald
Ullstrom

OrangeZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:16 PM
  #72
luki here
Registered User
 
luki here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vienna
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,277
vCash: 500
please feel free to challenge:

isles 2013/14

matty mo - tavares - UFA
bailey - nielsen - okposo
lee/nino- strome/nelson - grabner
martin - cizikas - ullstrom
mcdonald
boulton

macdonald - hamonic
viz - strait
donovan - hickey/carkner
carkner/hickey

nabby
poulin

send aucoin and finley to brdgport. dont bring them to camp. give aucoin the necessary money.

bridgeport:

nino/lee - nelson/strome - kabanov
persson - sundstrom- aucoin
halmo - theoret - backman
gallant- watkins - riley

CdH - Mayfield
Pedan - Russo
Finley- Ness
Landry

Nilsson
Koskinen

dp bought out.

Whats wrong with that?

ps: will nino still be waiver excempt next year?


Last edited by luki here: 03-29-2013 at 01:24 PM.
luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:43 AM
  #73
Korkki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Pori, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
Where in the world is Joensuu??? 2 1/2 weeks ago he was skating and traveling with the team and still no word on him. I am not saying I expect great things from him this year but until we get him in the lineup or call up someone, we are stuck with playing Reasoner or Boulton or worse both if someone else gets hurt or sat down in our lineup.

I haven't seen a word written about his status anywhere since. Has anyone heard anything on him in the last week plus?
He was quite good in Finland and everyone expected him to get the NHL spot for sure, but he was injured before season started and now it seems that Islanders are treating him very unprofessionally. I understand if the lineup is locked if the team goes from win to another, but...

However, if he gets an offer from better organization I am sure he will play in NHL in the future. His path in the Isles is surely going to the end.

Korkki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:59 AM
  #74
xIsle
Registered User
 
xIsle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy22 View Post
I see our lines and I want to make trades. It's as simple as that. Otherwise, we have to wait or try really hard to mix things up with what we have for now.

Has anyone taken a long look at our scoring and size down the middle?

At what point do we have to admit that the current lineup isn't capable of competing with a lot of groups in the Eastern Conference unless we badly out play our opponents? For a team that our coaches feel needs to outhit its opponents, we don't exactly have a club designed to do it. Add to the fact that our ice is easily the worst in the league, and it's pretty ridiculous that we don't have more guys who can play a grinding style of game. Also, we need to have more shooters and guys who can skate hard north and south in such an environment.

I absolutely hate how we use Frans Nielsen at 5-on-5 hockey. I want to say that while also suggesting that I feel he's a very useful player, but the rest of our mix is pretty much bringing the worst out of him. He's too small and poor in front of either net to play the role we put him. If he's your 2nd line center, then you need to put him with two goalscoring wingers, and at least one of them better be able to move a body off the puck. If he's your 3rd line checker, then you need two bigger and defensively responsible wingers. He just doesn't fit this team down the middle, nor does he match up well against a lot of centers in our Conference. If he remains, I want him on the wing. That's my case. I'm okay with him staying purely because of how useful overall he is, but not in the roles people tend to plop him down into.

Nielsen-JT-Martin
Moulson-Bailey-KO
Grabner-Cizikas-Boyes
Boulton-Aucoin-McDonald

I don't want Reasoner in the lineup; if he's in the above lineup, it's at the expense of Boulton. Marty been playing some of his best hockey since he's been here of late, and it's still not good enough for me. Aucoin and Cizikas have been better in the dot, albeit with less draws and possibly easier competition.

I have no idea why they never tried Ullstrom down the middle. Without less of a shakeup, you could do this if Ullstrom comes back:

Moulson-JT-Martin
Bailey-Ullstrom-KO
Grabner-Cizikas-Nielsen
Reasoner/Boulton-Aucoin-McDonald

I also disagree about what people have said about Grabner not being a good fit for JT. I think Grabner-JT-Martin would be fine. Grabner has been much better without the puck this season; he's also been physically stronger with and without the puck this year. JT is a shooter and a distributer. I think our biggest problem is that we never have him on a line with guys who can quickly get to loose pucks or win 1-on-1 battles for them. Martin's skating has improved, he still works hard for every stride, but the guy has ridiculous stamina. He also has a decent enough release. All you want him to do on JT's line is remove bodies from pucks and Martin can do that. Martin also has made some pretty nice passes this year. He's a much more skilled player than you'll ever see when all he's told to do is hit everything and get back on the play.

I'm not going to bother about the future. I'd love to see our centers end up being: JT, Nelson, Lee, Cizikas. If those kids pan out, that's a much better mix of size, speed, grit and skill down the middle. Like it or not, that's what you need to compete in our conference. Not to mention, you'll see more than 12 goals from the bottom 3 guys. With that kind of lineup, you could easily use Nielsen and Strome on the wing. I'm hoping things shake out that way. Otherwise, I hope we finally trade for a bigger goal scoring or true checking center (or both).

Frans Nielsen has scored ONE goal at ES all year.

I also can't say that we've tried putting him next to our most reliable goalscoring winger just to see if that would work. The lineup drives me insane. We win games against physically weaker teams or by purely outworking teams; we do so, while pretty much fighting our own lineup card every night.

Final Edit - I'd also like to say that I'd use most of the lineups I've seen in this thread, and many I've see in the past, before I'd use what we've been rolling out there on a regular basis.

,
Mitch
And Matt Mouslon had scored only ONE ES GOAL in his last 30 games!

xIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 08:44 AM
  #75
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xIsle View Post
And Matt Mouslon had scored only ONE ES GOAL in his last 30 games!
Zero, since Boyes started on RW.


They are terrible together, just terrible. I cannot understand what universe the coaching staff is living on that they don't see it.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.